The Official Boxing Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

axel foley

Post by axel foley »

somewhere dana white is laughing his ass off.

ruraloutfitter

Post by ruraloutfitter »

One of the most ridiculous events i've witnessed in the history of sports.

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

Jesus Christ, boxing is dead
"Dosent russian bitches let you shit on their face?" -AxEwOuNdFiStEr-
Masked Terror #1 wrote:We were cranking Slayer on the underwater speakers the whole trip. Sharks love Slayer.
Reggie wrote:Bottom line is that if you're not making rap music because you love it and/or you've got something unique to say, that is, if rap is just your "hustle", then you're a fucking asshole.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

pac was in on it, theres been a lot of reports he's in debt

after it became apparent bradley could do nothing to answer pac's flurries manny took his foot off the gas and took more than half of rounds off, so it could go to decision

I've lost all respect for manny after this, fuckin disgrace

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

^If he was in on it I am pretty sure he would of took the fall or not beat Bradley for 11 of 12 rounds. Makes 0 sense.

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

Race Car Bed Sleeping Rapist Virgin wrote:pac was in on it, theres been a lot of reports he's in debt

after it became apparent bradley could do nothing to answer pac's flurries manny took his foot off the gas and took more than half of rounds off, so it could go to decision

It's nice to know what the Money-May hacks are spewing about this
Masked Terror #1 wrote:We were cranking Slayer on the underwater speakers the whole trip. Sharks love Slayer.
Reggie wrote:Bottom line is that if you're not making rap music because you love it and/or you've got something unique to say, that is, if rap is just your "hustle", then you're a fucking asshole.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

naturalborn103 wrote:^If he was in on it I am pretty sure he would of took the fall or not beat Bradley for 11 of 12 rounds. Makes 0 sense.
why did he take rounds off like that? I know he was still winning those rounds, but come on...

manny wasn't even mad about this, did you see his reaction?

The Aluminum Falcon

Post by The Aluminum Falcon »

Race Car Bed Sleeping Rapist Virgin wrote:pac was in on it, theres been a lot of reports he's in debt

:retard:

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

The Aluminum Falcon wrote:

:retard:
http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2012/ ... t-of-debt/

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

ruraloutfitter

Post by ruraloutfitter »

Prophecy wrote:Jesus Christ, this thread is dead

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

All those links are nice and all but a fight with Money May makes all of that go away. None of this would be blind siding Manny so he could have made concessions and made a fight with Money may and may all of that go away......

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Prophecy wrote:All those links are nice and all but a fight with Money May makes all of that go away. None of this would be blind siding Manny so he could have made concessions and made a fight with Money may and may all of that go away......

it's not manny's decision to make concessions to mayweather, that's Bob Arum's decision, Arum promotes bradley as well, obviously a rematch is beneficial to Arum
Last edited by GUCCI CONDOMS on Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Race Car Bed Sleeping Rapist Virgin wrote:
naturalborn103 wrote:^If he was in on it I am pretty sure he would of took the fall or not beat Bradley for 11 of 12 rounds. Makes 0 sense.
why did he take rounds off like that? I know he was still winning those rounds, but come on...

Do you watch much boxing? People take rounds off all the time, especially when they are easily winning the fight. If he was going to throw the fight it was worst attempt to throw fight ever. He obviously won, you have to be extra retarded to say it was fighters fault and he threw the fight cause the judges got paid.

He wasn't mad because he is most extra religious and probably thought he was being punished for cheating on his wife or some BS. Have you ever saw Pac not mad?
"Can you believe that?" promoter Bob Arum said. "I had it 10-2! After I got into the ring after the fight, I went over to Bradley and said 'You did very well.' He said, 'I tried hard, but I couldn't beat the guy.' This is crazy. You talk about killing boxing? All three scorecards you throw out."

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

naturalborn103 wrote:

Do you watch much boxing? People take rounds off all the time, especially when they are easily winning the fight. If he was going to throw the fight it was worst attempt to throw fight ever. He obviously won, you have to be extra retarded to say it was fighters fault and he threw the fight cause the judges got paid.

He wasn't mad because he is most extra religious and probably thought he was being punished for cheating on his wife or some BS.
"Can you believe that?" promoter Bob Arum said. "I had it 10-2! After I got into the ring after the fight, I went over to Bradley and said 'You did very well.' He said, 'I tried hard, but I couldn't beat the guy.' This is crazy. You talk about killing boxing? All three scorecards you throw out."
lol I'm sure Arum is really furious about his younger boxer Bradley keeping his pristine undefeated record

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

Boxing loose change yo!

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Yea, cause Bradley is such a money maker and Pacman reputation isn't worth too much.. You make no sense. This is not good for Arum.. And now Pac has to do a rematch that a lot of people do not want to see.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

naturalborn103 wrote:Yea, cause Bradley is such a money maker and Pacman reputation isn't worth too much.. You make no sense. This is not good for Arum.. And now Pac has to do a rematch that a lot of people do not want to see.
you don't see the big picture at all do you...manny is 33 and multiple reports have said his "head is not in boxing anymore", so would you rather invest in an aging fighter already showing signs of possibly leaving the sport, or invest in your 28 year old undefeated fighter?

as I already mentioned Arum promotes both fighters, a rematch would be another win for Arum as well

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

naturalborn103 wrote:Yea, cause Bradley is such a money maker and Pacman reputation isn't worth too much.. You make no sense. This is not good for Arum.. And now Pac has to do a rematch that a lot of people do not want to see.
you don't see the big picture at all do you...manny is 33 and multiple reports have said his "head is not in boxing anymore", so would you rather invest in an aging fighter already showing signs of possibly leaving the sport, or invest in your 28 year old undefeated fighter?

as I already mentioned Arum promotes both fighters, a rematch would be another win for Arum as well
You don't see anything you dumb fuck.. Bradley will never be a headliner. Ever. Everyone knows Arum promotes both fighters, but he will make more money off one Pac fight now then he will off of the rest of Bradley's career. A nice guy with no power doesn't get you sales. No matter Pacs age or 'where his head is at' he means a lot more $ to Arum then Bradley.

Arum would be making a whole lot more money by promoting Cotto again and doing a Cotto vs. Pac II instead of this rematch no one cares about.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

naturalborn103 wrote:

You don't see anything you dumb fuck.. Bradley will never be a headliner. Ever. Everyone knows Arum promotes both fighters, but he will make more money off one Pac fight now then he will off of the rest of Bradley's career. A nice guy with no power doesn't get you sales. No matter Pacs age or 'where his head is at' he means a lot more $ to Arum then Bradley.

Arum would be making a whole lot more money by promoting Cotto again and doing a Cotto vs. Pac II instead of this rematch no one cares about.
pac absolutely destroyed cotto, a rematch is not feasible...

its easy to sit back and call me a "dumb fuck", but if I'm so dumb then whats your reasoning behind why and how this fight was rigged, and don't just say "for vegas to make money off all of the people that bet on manny", because we already know that....

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Cotto is a much better fighter now then when he fought Pac before. He didn't recover from that beating Margacheato gave him yet. Cotto is also a top 5 or something guy in PPV sales.. Him vs. Pac would get WAY more money then a Pac vs. Bradley II.

And I have no idea why fight was rigged, but Arum definitely had nothing to gain from his biggest money maker and best fighter losing.

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

naturalborn103 wrote:

its easy to sit back and call me a "dumb fuck", but if I'm so dumb then whats your reasoning behind why and how this fight was rigged, and don't just say "for vegas to make money off all of the people that bet on manny", because we already know that....
Never suspect conspiracy when incompetence would produce the same result... or whatever the quote is.

I must be one of the few people on the planet who thought that was a hella close fight, could have gone either way. I'm heaps surprised by the internet reaction.

:free:

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

Moolah wrote:
naturalborn103 wrote:

Never suspect conspiracy when incompetence would produce the same result... or whatever the quote is.

I must be one of the few people on the planet who thought that was a hella close fight, could have gone either way. I'm heaps surprised by the internet reaction.

:free:
Bradley did a decent enough job of makin it look like he was the aggressor but Manny dominated the fight. The numbers alone illustrate Pac's control over almost every round. This is not Mayweather/De La Hoya where an inexperienced eye might assume throwing punches that got deflected equals landing punches (don't front, the casual fans in the crowd thought Oscar won that fight), Bradley was throwing and not landing or doing any damage, and it was obvious. That's what makes the scoring so suspect.

Devastating :copy: for boxing.

Kid That's Lifeless

Post by Kid That's Lifeless »

I was cheering for Bradley.
I DON'T consider myself a hardcore boxing fan, though I do check BadLeftHook everyday and watch all the free events on Showtime/HBO.
I DON'T like Manny Pacquiao. I have no reason for this other than being a Floyd Stan for a long time.
I DID score this fight at the bar (take that for whatever)

I only typed all that to get it out the way. I don't want to pretend I know boxing on The Aluminum Falcon's level, just as he would never pretend to know MMA on my/bbatson1/Prophecy's level :cheers: (not sure he would ever try, I'm just saying. He's probably the biggest boxing guy on the forum, and cheers to that.)

I scored it 118-110 Pacquiao; I gave Tim the 9th and the 11th (and giving him the 11th might have been a stretch. He definitely won the 9th and I thought Pac laid off in that round). I'll say that Bradley was definitely in it for the first four rounds, but clearly lost from a scoring perspective. There is absolutely no way that you can justify giving him 7 rounds.

I watched Lara/Williams live and downloaded Rios/Abril after the fact. This was much worse since it had such an audience. I was at a bar filled with people that had never seen Tim Bradley fight before. Some of these mentally inept mongoloids legitimately believed Bradley deserved the decision once the scores were read.

I'll admit that I celebrated when the cards were read. And it wasn't because I felt Bradley won the fight. I was celebrating boxing (and MMAs) ineptitude when it comes to finding competent judges. The guy I was pulling for and my friends had money on won. Let's party. Congratulations. Nobody knows how to score a fucking thing and rewards the guy that throws more bullshit without actually judging what lands and what is effective. Hooray, combat sports judging; you're the fucking farce of the sports world. Like always.

These are the scorecards, btw:

Edit: I had a grammatical error in the second paragraph. Blow me.

Norbert Cleaverhook

Post by Norbert Cleaverhook »

he would never have been able to keep uo the pace he set in the first half of the fight, he laid off but he still landed cleaner punches

drobizhek

Post by drobizhek »

The second judge gave Pac the ninth round :rofl:

ruraloutfitter

Post by ruraloutfitter »

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Norbert Cleaverhook wrote:

he would never have been able to keep uo the pace he set in the first half of the fight, he laid off but he still landed cleaner punches
after I'd say the 4th round pac completely took off the first 2 minutes of the majority of the rounds for the rest of the fight, albeit still winning the majority of those rounds, because Bradley did nothing to take advantage of this, and pac put in work the last minute of these rounds...point is he took his foot off the gas once he saw that he could dominate Bradley and Bradley could do nothing about it

I'm not a big conspiracy type guy, I'm just saying pac has money troubles, and Bradley winning this fight is more advantageous for Arum then you might think, the signs are there that Arum and manny were in on this with the powers that be in the sportsbooks in Vegas...

It's not feasible that manny delayed the fight for 45 minutes, because he was having second thoughts on going through with this?

slim godbody

Post by slim godbody »

Two of the judges had Bradley winning Round 5, which was one of the most dominant rounds for Pac. The scoring in that round alone tells the story of what apparently happened here.

Also, a fix by Arum did make sense for Arum before the fight. What he didn't count on was a complete blowout by Manny. If the fight was closer, which a lot of people thought it might be before the fight, then a rematch in November would make more sense.