Official 2012 MLB Season Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Jayou Ayen

Post by Jayou Ayen »

alpha wrote:fuck I should've just checked the box score. He has to be hurt somehow. I really thought him pitching in Seattle might've been the cure. :roll:
If he no-hits the A's, don't take that as a sign that's he's turned it around yet.

As for tonight, there's the Zito v Wilson match up of motherfuckers I don't like.
Gonna go with Zeets on this one.

Take it up with Gloss, you White Piece of Shit.

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Trout about to score 15 runs tonight

PEACE

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Rasmus, Jose and Edwin just hit monstrous back to back to back shits. Colby's swing made me nut it was so fine.

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Trout got 1 in the first inning. Initial estimates may have been conservative.

PEACE

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Typical Jays for fucks sake.

jredd109

Post by jredd109 »

Positive A wrote:Typical Jays for fucks sake.
i thought mccoy was with the club. surely farrell knows he's the best reliever on the team?

but yeah, fucking bullpen bullshit. time to trade some prospects for some decent pitching.

rasmus is starting to look like a champ. and how funny is edwin's 'retard arm' when he mashes homers.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Colby is in some kind of zone in June. Jesus Christ.

jredd109

Post by jredd109 »

that was some fantastic hitting on the second homer.

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Trout tonight:
4-4 (2 2B), 1 BB, 75 R

Called it.

PEACE

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

peanut butter wrote:Trout tonight:
4-4 (2 2B), 1 BB, 75 R

Called it.

PEACE
actually you not only called it but you were safe by 60 runs

trout is unreal
Nets 2022

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

A streak of 232 games will end for Tampa Bay when Chris Archer takes the mound for his Major League debut on Tuesday against the Nationals.

For the first time since Matt Garza started Sept. 30, 2010, a pitcher who wasn't drafted by the Rays' organization will get the start.

:ohsh:
Nets 2022

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

wow. ALL THREE of the Molina brothers have exactly two world series championships. crazy. their mom and dad deserve hall of fame consideration and their dna should be seized to or stolen to create a new generation of amazingly successful and skilled receivers
Nets 2022

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

Reason wrote:
peanut butter wrote:Trout tonight:
4-4 (2 2B), 1 BB, 75 R

Called it.

PEACE
actually you not only called it but you were safe by 60 runs

trout is unreal
although i'm gonna go out on a bryce harper homer limb and say it would be nice to see current pujols/hunter/trumbo hitting behind harper instead of the total wackness of current ryan zimmerman (4 for his last 35, so many GIDP)
Nets 2022

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

Davey Johnson: 'Read the rulebook'

WASHINGTON -- Davey Johnson says Joe Maddon should "read the rulebook." Maddon says the rulebook shouldn't always rule in the "self-policing" world of major league baseball -- and that if anyone was cheating, it was Johnson.

The managers of the Washington Nationals and Tampa Bay Rays weren't exactly playing kiss-and-make-up Wednesday in baseball's latest spat: Johnson's decision to challenge Tampa Bay reliever Joel Peralta's glove in Washington's 5-4 loss the night before.

The umpires found pine tar on Peralta's glove. He was ejected from the game and expects a suspension of up to 10 days from Major League Baseball. The league office said it was investigating the incident and that no decision would be announced Wednesday.

Maddon was furious after the game, calling Johnson's actions "cowardly," "bush" and "bogus." Johnson knew about the pine tar because had inside information on Peralta, who pitched for the Nationals in 2010.

Johnson responded to Maddon before Wednesday's game, and Maddon then responded to Johnson. Some of the words used would not appear on most Christmas cards.

Johnson: "Any time there's a rule violation, as far as I'm concerned, it's just a rule violation. My only comment to him is read the rulebook. It's simple."

Maddon: "I totally understand that. Davey's right. I'm incapable of reading the rulebook, and there's also reading between the lines in some situations that needs to be looked at, too. He's been around long enough; he knows better than that."

Johnson, on whether he has any intention of meeting with Maddon: "No, I don't know him that well, but I thought he was a weird wuss anyway, so no. I understand where he's coming from. His job as a manager is to protect the players, striking out at whoever is causing your players any grievance."

Johnson also called Maddon a "guru" and needled the Rays manager for being active on Twitter and for having a reputation as a genius manager: "I don't want to get into a shouting match with Joe. I looked him up on the Internet and found out he has a tweeter, so he can get to more people than me. But it was interesting reading. But you can tell him I have a doctorate of letters, too. Mine's from Loyola in Humanities, and I'm proud of that too."

Maddon was equally dripping in sarcasm, calling Johnson's glove-search move "an attempt to indicate a higher form of baseball intellect."

It was pointed out to Maddon that his player broke a rule and got caught, yet he chose to deflect responsibility toward Johnson.

"To utilize information based on the fact that the guy played here?" Maddon said. "If you want to talk about -- I don't know if that's a form of cheating or what -- but that's really kind of underhanded, I believe, to use that kind of information."

Maddon said pine tar use is "common knowledge in the industry" by "every major league baseball team." He said glove manufacturers "were probably inundated with new orders last night and this morning by various agents throughout baseball."

If it's that widespread, he was asked, shouldn't something be done about it?

"It is done about it," Maddon said. "In baseball, players throughout history have always had this amazing ability and way to police themselves. There's a policing themselves component of this game that we should stay away from -- let the players take care of things. It's happened for a long time."

And what have the players concluded about pine tar?

"Everybody's OK with it," Maddon said.

It was suggested to Maddon that his line of reasoning was hard to swallow, given that it comes on the heels of the Roger Clemens trial -- which reflected an era in which the players did not police themselves well at all.

"That's fine," he answered. "And we're talking about two different things."

Maddon went on to say that pine tar doesn't help a pitcher that much anyway.

"It shouldn't be illegal from a throwing perspective," he said. "It's just about grip. It doesn't really influence movement of the ball as much as it influences the fact that you have a better grip or understanding where the ball is going -- which actually probably works to the hitter's advantage, also."

Maddon said that the incident should deter free agents from signing with the Nationals.

"If I'm a major league player that may happen to want to play for the Nationals in the future, I might think twice about it," Maddon said. "Because this is one of their former children here that had really performed well and all of a sudden he's going to come back to this town and they're going to rat on him based on some insider information, insider trading, whatever."

After Peralta was ejected, Maddon had umpires check on Nationals reliever Ryan Mattheus' cap and glove in the ninth inning. Maddon wasn't certain if he would have more pitchers checked in the final two games of the series.

Tampa Bay general manager Andrew Friedman threw his support behind Maddon.

"Even though it's within the scope of the rules, I highly doubt that it's something that we would ever initiate," Friedman said. "So everyone makes their own choices and decisions and proceeds accordingly."

After Tuesday's game, Peralta did not directly answer when asked if he intentionally added pine tar to the glove, saying only it was a glove he uses "for batting practice every day." Peralta declined further comment through a Rays spokesman on Wednesday.

Maddon and Johnson did find one piece of common ground: They agreed Peralta shouldn't be suspended for getting caught.

"I think that's way too severe," Johnson said. "I think just getting thrown out of the game should be enough. Repeat violators, then it could be more severe."
Nets 2022

HomeSkillet

Post by HomeSkillet »

So I'm that fag johnny come lately who's going to baseball games again and all of a sudden realized the skill it takes since bryce harper hits home runs (no homo)

I was all drunk and spilling my bens chili bowl All The Way (presented to you by bryce harper) and realized that Tommy Bunz was right (NHNHNHNHNHNHNHNNHH)

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

One batter into the Angels broadcast of the Giants game tonight and already realizing that I'm going to be watching this game on mute by the the top of the second of if the color guy keeps referring to the starting pitcher as "Weave."

PEACE
Last edited by peanut butter on Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alpha

Post by alpha »

John Miller isn't commentating on your telecast?

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

alpha wrote:John Miller isn't commentating on your telecast?
At work. Watching online.

PEACE

Kid That's Lifeless

Post by Kid That's Lifeless »

Reason wrote:Davey Johnson: 'Read the rulebook'

WASHINGTON -- Davey Johnson says Joe Maddon should "read the rulebook." Maddon says the rulebook shouldn't always rule in the "self-policing" world of major league baseball -- and that if anyone was cheating, it was Johnson.

The managers of the Washington Nationals and Tampa Bay Rays weren't exactly playing kiss-and-make-up Wednesday in baseball's latest spat: Johnson's decision to challenge Tampa Bay reliever Joel Peralta's glove in Washington's 5-4 loss the night before.

The umpires found pine tar on Peralta's glove. He was ejected from the game and expects a suspension of up to 10 days from Major League Baseball. The league office said it was investigating the incident and that no decision would be announced Wednesday.

Maddon was furious after the game, calling Johnson's actions "cowardly," "bush" and "bogus." Johnson knew about the pine tar because had inside information on Peralta, who pitched for the Nationals in 2010.

Johnson responded to Maddon before Wednesday's game, and Maddon then responded to Johnson. Some of the words used would not appear on most Christmas cards.

Johnson: "Any time there's a rule violation, as far as I'm concerned, it's just a rule violation. My only comment to him is read the rulebook. It's simple."

Maddon: "I totally understand that. Davey's right. I'm incapable of reading the rulebook, and there's also reading between the lines in some situations that needs to be looked at, too. He's been around long enough; he knows better than that."

Johnson, on whether he has any intention of meeting with Maddon: "No, I don't know him that well, but I thought he was a weird wuss anyway, so no. I understand where he's coming from. His job as a manager is to protect the players, striking out at whoever is causing your players any grievance."

Johnson also called Maddon a "guru" and needled the Rays manager for being active on Twitter and for having a reputation as a genius manager: "I don't want to get into a shouting match with Joe. I looked him up on the Internet and found out he has a tweeter, so he can get to more people than me. But it was interesting reading. But you can tell him I have a doctorate of letters, too. Mine's from Loyola in Humanities, and I'm proud of that too."

Maddon was equally dripping in sarcasm, calling Johnson's glove-search move "an attempt to indicate a higher form of baseball intellect."

It was pointed out to Maddon that his player broke a rule and got caught, yet he chose to deflect responsibility toward Johnson.

"To utilize information based on the fact that the guy played here?" Maddon said. "If you want to talk about -- I don't know if that's a form of cheating or what -- but that's really kind of underhanded, I believe, to use that kind of information."

Maddon said pine tar use is "common knowledge in the industry" by "every major league baseball team." He said glove manufacturers "were probably inundated with new orders last night and this morning by various agents throughout baseball."

If it's that widespread, he was asked, shouldn't something be done about it?

"It is done about it," Maddon said. "In baseball, players throughout history have always had this amazing ability and way to police themselves. There's a policing themselves component of this game that we should stay away from -- let the players take care of things. It's happened for a long time."

And what have the players concluded about pine tar?

"Everybody's OK with it," Maddon said.

It was suggested to Maddon that his line of reasoning was hard to swallow, given that it comes on the heels of the Roger Clemens trial -- which reflected an era in which the players did not police themselves well at all.

"That's fine," he answered. "And we're talking about two different things."

Maddon went on to say that pine tar doesn't help a pitcher that much anyway.

"It shouldn't be illegal from a throwing perspective," he said. "It's just about grip. It doesn't really influence movement of the ball as much as it influences the fact that you have a better grip or understanding where the ball is going -- which actually probably works to the hitter's advantage, also."

Maddon said that the incident should deter free agents from signing with the Nationals.

"If I'm a major league player that may happen to want to play for the Nationals in the future, I might think twice about it," Maddon said. "Because this is one of their former children here that had really performed well and all of a sudden he's going to come back to this town and they're going to rat on him based on some insider information, insider trading, whatever."

After Peralta was ejected, Maddon had umpires check on Nationals reliever Ryan Mattheus' cap and glove in the ninth inning. Maddon wasn't certain if he would have more pitchers checked in the final two games of the series.

Tampa Bay general manager Andrew Friedman threw his support behind Maddon.

"Even though it's within the scope of the rules, I highly doubt that it's something that we would ever initiate," Friedman said. "So everyone makes their own choices and decisions and proceeds accordingly."

After Tuesday's game, Peralta did not directly answer when asked if he intentionally added pine tar to the glove, saying only it was a glove he uses "for batting practice every day." Peralta declined further comment through a Rays spokesman on Wednesday.

Maddon and Johnson did find one piece of common ground: They agreed Peralta shouldn't be suspended for getting caught.

"I think that's way too severe," Johnson said. "I think just getting thrown out of the game should be enough. Repeat violators, then it could be more severe."
Peralta is a fucking retard for doing it against his former team, but ratting on someone before they even throw a pitch is faggot shit. Thanks for forcing Maddon's hand and making him put in McGee. He's better anyways. Faggot.

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

I think its funny that the Nats played that card before they even saw a pitch from Peralta. Why not wait to see if you can hit him around a bit first? If his stuff is good, then go tell the umps he's cheating. But I would have waited to see how he was dealing before getting him pulled

PEACE

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

Eat a dick Giant Fags.
UBM CD COMING SOON

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Trollin down the street...

PEACE

alpha

Post by alpha »

How original.

alpha

Post by alpha »

Tweak Da Leak wrote:I'm a gigantic faggot that supports homosexual teams like the Angels, Anaheim Ducks, and San Diego Superfaggots. I troll hard and actually live in the bay in hippy town called Santa Cruz.

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Shoutout to the A's for sweeping the Dodgers, and making Vin try to pronounce "Cespedes" correctly.

PEACE

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

FP Santangelo just referred to Bryce Harper's ability to hit and throw the ball with both hands as amphibious

PEACE

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

peanut butter wrote:FP Santangelo just referred to Bryce Harper's ability to hit and throw the ball with both hands as amphibious

PEACE
Wait...F.P. Santangelo? Former Expo? He's alive?

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Yeah he started as the sideline reporter for the Giants a few years, then went to the radio and has now graduated to become the color guy for the Nats these days.

PEACE

Jayou Ayen

Post by Jayou Ayen »

peanut butter wrote:Yeah he started as the sideline reporter for the Giants a few years, then went to the radio and has now graduated to become the color guy for the Nats these days.
I'd trade Byrnes for F.P. in a heartbeat.

Take it up with Gloss, you White Piece of Shit.

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Jayou Ayen wrote:
peanut butter wrote:Yeah he started as the sideline reporter for the Giants a few years, then went to the radio and has now graduated to become the color guy for the Nats these days.
I'd trade AIDS for cancer in a heartbeat.

PEACE