The Official Boxing Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Here's what our heroes have to say

http://www.egotripland.com/shit-rappers ... reactions/

PEACE

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

The real man behind the fix....

"Dosent russian bitches let you shit on their face?" -AxEwOuNdFiStEr-
Masked Terror #1 wrote:We were cranking Slayer on the underwater speakers the whole trip. Sharks love Slayer.
Reggie wrote:Bottom line is that if you're not making rap music because you love it and/or you've got something unique to say, that is, if rap is just your "hustle", then you're a fucking asshole.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

my favorite theory is that bob arum set it all up which would explain his comments which were so extreme and passionate to cover up any guilt

just a conspiracy theory but would be pretty sick by arum. manny's schedule was set = he was fighting on the day of what is now the rematch with bradley, manny losing ensures that the rematch is so much more profitable for everyone
Nets 2022

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Reason wrote:my favorite theory is that bob arum set it all up which would explain his comments which were so extreme and passionate to cover up any guilt

just a conspiracy theory but would be pretty sick by arum. manny's schedule was set = he was fighting on the day of what is now the rematch with bradley, manny losing ensures that the rematch is so much more profitable for everyone
But who really wants to see Pac vs. Bradley II? The first one wasn't close and no reason to think 2nd will be any better. I don't think Arum did it. Pac vs. Cotto II I think would be Pacs most profitable fight right now outside of Pac vs. May.

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

I had Bradley winning 1,10,11,12
UBM CD COMING SOON

drobizhek

Post by drobizhek »

naturalborn103 wrote:
Reason wrote:my favorite theory is that bob arum set it all up which would explain his comments which were so extreme and passionate to cover up any guilt

But who really wants to see Pac vs. Bradley II? The first one wasn't close and no reason to think 2nd will be any better. I don't think Arum did it. Pac vs. Cotto II I think would be Pacs most profitable fight right now outside of Pac vs. May.
He did fuck Cotto up bad so I don't think anyone is interested in that one either.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Cotto had not recovered from getting beat with cement gloves. He has looked way better recently then in that fight vs. Pac. Cotto also, if im not mistaken, has 3rd highest ppv sales.

Req

Post by Req »

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/803 ... bradley-jr
I was so confused by the decision that after the fight, I went back to my room and bought the pay-per-view replay (same $55 price tag as the live fight!) from Top Rank's website. Brian Kenny was calling the fight for Top Rank, and he was more pro-Bradley than anyone I had spoken to at the fight. When I watched Buffer announce the decision again, this time on the screen of my laptop, I heard Kenny explain: "That was won fair and square, in the ring." The point, I guess, was that Bradley, by moving away from Pacquiao and throwing 398 jabs into the air, had somehow outboxed Pacquiao.
:lol: sounds like someone had their orders.
F.U. MOOLAH

siLLy KiD

Post by siLLy KiD »

drobizhek

Post by drobizhek »

siLLy KiD wrote:Image
:bow:

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

I have pushed this book many times before, but people interested in boxing at all need to read this book.
Everyone always knew boxing was corrupt, but that will open your eyes to the level of corruptness.

mud

Post by mud »

Anyone got a one part link to the Pac /Bradley fight?
"Catch me in the corner not speaking"

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

just wait for a few days. HBO HD.

Req

Post by Req »

anyone fuckin with the JCCjr fight tonight?
F.U. MOOLAH

The Aluminum Falcon

Post by The Aluminum Falcon »

Req wrote:anyone fuckin with the JCCjr fight tonight?
yeah... I guess :owens:

I'm still in a pretty sour mood from last weekend and nothing reeks of corruption worse than Chavez Jr. in Texas. Really wouldn't surprise me if this sport made a mockery of itself tonight as well. Got my fingers crossed for a knockout so we don't have to see some bullshit. I'm hoping Lee is on point tonight and scores the upset, but dude is just too stiff (nh) and for a lack of a better word, goofy. And I don't mean the kind of awkward where it really poses problems for the opponent and is hard to solve, I just mean goofy. That said, he is tall, a southpaw, and seemingly the best opponent of Jr's career thus far in terms of ranking, experience and skill set. But even if Lee did manage to outbox Jr. in Texas would that be enough?

Fun Fact: JCC Jr.'s godfather is none other than the president of the WBC, Jose Sulaiman. Makes you wonder how Jr. has been able to secure that WBC strap and avoid that Martinez fight for so long huh? #fuckboxing

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/e-R22GtjDxA?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/e-R22GtjDxA?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

>> Texas

The Aluminum Falcon

Also, Tomasz Adamek vs Eddie Chambers on the NBC Sports Network.

Jayou Ayen

Post by Jayou Ayen »

The Aluminum Falcon wrote:

I'm still in a pretty sour mood from last weekend and nothing reeks of corruption worse than Chavez Jr. in Texas. Really wouldn't surprise me if this sport made a mockery of itself tonight as well. Got my fingers crossed for a knockout so we don't have to see some bullshit. I'm hoping Lee is on point tonight and scores the upset, but dude is just too stiff (nh) and for a lack of a better word, goofy. And I don't mean the kind of awkward where it really poses problems for the opponent and is hard to solve, I just mean goofy. That said, he is tall, a southpaw, and seemingly the best opponent of Jr's career thus far in terms of ranking, experience and skill set. But even if Lee did manage to outbox Jr. in Texas would that be enough?

Fun Fact: JCC Jr.'s godfather is none other than the president of the WBC, Jose Sulaiman. Makes you wonder how Jr. has been able to secure that WBC strap and avoid that Martinez fight for so long huh? #fuckboxing
This makes me :cry:

Take it up with Gloss, you White Piece of Shit.

Req

Post by Req »

didnt even realize this was Freddie Roach v Emmanuel Stewart, makes it more interesting.
F.U. MOOLAH

Req

Post by Req »

am i buggin or was Lee doing really well the first few rounds and then suddenly turned into a bum?
F.U. MOOLAH

Jayou Ayen

Post by Jayou Ayen »

Is Chavez Puerto Rican?
We don't do that clown shit, bro.

Take it up with Gloss, you White Piece of Shit.

ruraloutfitter

Post by ruraloutfitter »

Pacquiao-Bradley fight sparks new call for federal boxing commission

WASHINGTON - With the controversial outcome of this month's WBO welterweight title fight in Las Vegas only the most recent black eye on boxing, key senators on Monday revived a bill to create a federal body to oversee the sport.

The proposed U.S. Boxing Commission would oversee all professional matches, license judges and referees, and appoint ones to work championship fights. It also would license boxers, promoters and managers and would have the power to revoke licenses for unethical or illegal conduct or to protect fighters.

"This bill would better protect professional boxing from the fraud, corruption and ineffective regulation that has plagued the sport for too many years," said Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., who joined with Sen. Harry Reid, D-Nev., to sponsor the bill. McCain and Reid are longtime boxing fans who have sat side-by-side at some of the biggest fights in Las Vegas. McCain boxed at the Naval Academy, and Reid is a former middleweight boxer.

Bills they have pushed to create a federal boxing body have advanced in the Senate in recent years but never completed passage.

Monday's resuscitated proposal to regulate the sport drew immediate criticism by Nevada boxing interests, one who called the proposal Draconian and another who told the federal government to stay out of boxing.

MCCAIN VOICES CONCERNS

McCain said in a speech Monday the disputed June 9 title fight between Manny Pacquiao and Timothy Bradley is propelling the new push for federal boxing legislation.

Bradley was declared the winner in a split decision at the MGM Grand Garden to the astonishment of many who attended or watched it on pay per view.

Two judges, Duane Ford and C.J. Ross, had Bradley winning 115-113, while the third judge, Jerry Roth, gave the decision to Pacquiao by the same score. Most ringside observers had Pacquiao winning handily, and the Filipino fighter dominated in the punch statistics.

"The Pacquiao-Bradley fight is the latest example of the legitimate distrust boxing fans have for the integrity of the sport," McCain said. "After the Pacquiao-Bradley decision was announced, fans were clearly apoplectic, and many commentators found the decision astonishing."

Reid spokeswoman Kristen Orthman said Reid and McCain "have worked on this legislation for many years, and they will continue to do so."

Reid last week endorsed calls by fight promoter Bob Arum for Nevada Attorney General Catherine Cortez Masto to look into the fight's scoring.

Reid said he does not believe the Pacquiao-Bradley fight reflects poorly on the Nevada Athletic Commission, which he called "the best boxing organization in the country supervised by the state." He said a federal boxing body could be modeled on Nevada's regulations.

Reid, who is a longtime friend of Ford's, told Fox News last week he did not believe there was anything nefarious in how the fight was judged. It was just "a bad day for a couple of judges."

CRITICISM FROM NEVADA

Arum, chairman of Top Rank and a member of the International Boxing Hall of Fame, said while he is glad to see interest from Capitol Hill, he has some concerns about the 51-page bill in its initial form.

"It's Draconian," Arum said. "It will over-regulate, and it's unnecessary to examine every check, every contract. But this is a reaction to what happened in Nevada during the Pacquiao-Bradley fight.

"The reason Harry and McCain introduced the bill is because they're upset with boxing."

Skip Avansino, chairman of the NAC, said Monday he had not had a chance to review the bill. But he wasn't sure a federal boxing commission would cure any perceived ills.

"From the perspective of Nevada, a federal boxing commission wouldn't necessarily add a new level of regulation that we don't already execute in our own state," Avansino said. "I have great respect for Senators Reid and McCain, and the federal government certainly has the right to look into this matter if they wish. This isn't the first time this has been proposed."

Cameron Dunkin, who manages Bradley, said the federal government needs to stay out of boxing.

"It would be an absolute nightmare," Dunkin said. "It would be the worst thing for boxing. It would be a lot of political hacks playing God. You're going to have people who know nothing about boxing making policy? It's insanity."

Arum, who promotes both Pacquiao and Bradley, said that if states like Nevada did their jobs, there wouldn't be a need for federal commissions.

"The reality is people have lost confidence in the commissions," Arum said. "People are upset with Nevada."

Dunkin said he is tired of hearing all the conspiracy theorists claiming the fight was fixed and boxing is a corrupt sport.

"There's nothing that's corrupt," he said. "People watch some movie from 1940 with Humphrey Bogart, and they think they're an expert on boxing. What we need to do is police ourselves, sit down with all the (state) commissions and work together to make things better."

The Aluminum Falcon

Matthysse is a fucking monster. Wow.

The Aluminum Falcon

This showtime card is great.

The Aluminum Falcon

Best thing ever. Hopefully somebody else actually watched it. I would suggest watching the replay if you missed it.

dubs

Post by dubs »

I kno ortiz fought...I missed it. Hopefully catch the replay
Employee wrote:dubs being the West Coast's ric, his thug is bonafide and justified.

The Aluminum Falcon

dubs wrote:I kno ortiz fought...I missed it. Hopefully catch the replay
Not HD, but pretty good quality. I would suggest watching both fights.

Lucas Matthysse vs. Humberto Soto
<object width="853" height="480"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XRQIjWK1GgI?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XRQIjWK1GgI?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="853" height="480" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Victor Ortiz vs. Josesito Lopez
<object width="853" height="480"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y6LeovaHw1w?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y6LeovaHw1w?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="853" height="480" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

AXEWOUNDFISTER
OG FISTOLA

Post by AXEWOUNDFISTER »

damm duke got his jaw smashed.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Another embarrassing scorecard. Donaire might of won, but definitely not by that much.

artMajor

Post by artMajor »

2:34

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/5_NtHtSxWZs?v ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/5_NtHtSxWZs?v ... 3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3DHj7qTqJvI?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3DHj7qTqJvI?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>