The Official Boxing Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

The Aluminum Falcon

Post by The Aluminum Falcon »

naturalborn103 wrote:Another embarrassing scorecard. Donaire might of won, but definitely not by that much.
Agreed. Mathebula put up a hell of a fight, hope the guy gets another fight on one of the big networks after that. Meanwhile Donaire needs to chill the fuck out with the one shot knock out headhunting leaping lead uppercut bullshit.

Req

Post by Req »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/18768262

Can't imagine a scenario here where Fury doesn't get beaten to a pulp. The only positive he has going for him is his ability to overload the opponent with offense, which won't be a problem against a similarly sized Klitchscko. Klitschko will simply soak it up and pummel Fury, whose defense is a piece of shit.
F.U. MOOLAH

atlantiswasreal

Post by atlantiswasreal »

the jones vs. brook fight was preeetty good.

The Aluminum Falcon

Fury would get dismantled by either brother though to his credit he has improved his game and has gotten into great shape over the last few fights. Jones Brook was one of the best fights of the year.

Tonight has me excited. There is some real bad blood between these men thanks to Garcia's loudmouthed father. Both of these guys are going to be looking to hurt the other.

Khan Garcia on HBO 9pm EST

But before that, a heavyweight fight between two of boxing's biggest head cases. I really wouldn't be surprised if this ended in disqualification.

David Haye vs. Derek Chisora. 2pm EST.

Big day for British boxing. I got Khan by decision in a tough fight, and I'm thinking Haye by KO if he isn't a tentative little bitch like he was in the Wlad fight, though I'm rooting for Derek to knock his ass out.

The Aluminum Falcon

For those who want to watch Haye Chisora:

http://boxingguru.eu/gurutv1.html

http://brtvxtra.blogspot.co.uk/

http://www.online--soccer.eu/

Card is starting now but I don't know when the actual main event will take place. Not sure about what is on the undercard, it probably sucks.

bbatson1

Post by bbatson1 »

Is David Haye vs. Derek Chisora over?

Req

Post by Req »

nah they're just commin out now
F.U. MOOLAH

bbatson1

Post by bbatson1 »

Watching now. I hate both the motherfuckers. I cheering for Haye though.

Req

Post by Req »

jesus that was brutal. Haye was tagging him all the way down to the canvas.
F.U. MOOLAH

The Aluminum Falcon

:ohsh: @ those left hooks.

damn.

bbatson1

Post by bbatson1 »

That was a pretty good fight. NIce ending.

Req

Post by Req »

The Aluminum Falcon wrote::ohsh: @ those left hooks.

damn.
LOL@Haye already provoking the Klitschkos

like... dude.... we know what happened last time. There were pictures... video.... stfu.

I will say, when he's not actin like a pussy, Haye isn't bad.
F.U. MOOLAH

The Aluminum Falcon

Req wrote:I will say, when he's not actin like a pussy, Haye isn't bad.
Yup. He actually has a good shot against a superior chinned, but less powerful past it Vitali at this point. But you can almost be sure he's gonna be on the back foot again throwing single shots looking all scared again. I doubt the fight gets made but I hope he drops the diva act and tries to get some fights with david prices, tyson furys or seth mitchells of the world or something. Those could actually be pretty fun to watch.

A redeeming performance from Haye but I'm way more interested in this Khan Garcia fight tonight. Can't wait.

Req

Post by Req »

I can actually see Khan losing tonight. If he keeps his discipline he'll be fine, but that's a huge if for me, he was clearly rattled by that press conf.
F.U. MOOLAH

The Aluminum Falcon

Req

Post by Req »

christ i hope Khan destroys this dude's kid.
Ever since the match was set up, Angel Garcia, Danny's father and trainer, has been calling Khan an "overrated" fighter. But that's not all he's saying. He proclaimed that he has "never, ever, ever in my lifetime, that I've been living 49 years, I ain't never met a Pakistani that could fight." Then, somewhat nonsensically, he dismissed Khan as a "European fighter from Europe." Finally, for good measure, he went after Khan's religion: "I know Khan's god already. His god is a punishing god. And my god is a loving god." At the press conference in Los Angeles to announce the fight, Garcia senior cut off everyone from team Khan and began ranting about "magic carpets" and a "genie." Boxers and their camps always play up their mutual dislike to promote fights, but Angel Garcia seems genuinely perturbed by Khan. It was at the end of the presser, when Angel was practically spitting with rage, that the elder Garcia yelled what he was really getting at this whole time: "Where you from, man? Europe? America? Where you from?"
http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/816 ... n-new-york
F.U. MOOLAH

Req

Post by Req »

LMAO, i fucking knew it
F.U. MOOLAH

The Aluminum Falcon

Wow.

Jayou Ayen

Post by Jayou Ayen »

Garcia's entourage is the united colors of benetton, faggotry version.

Take it up with Gloss, you White Piece of Shit.

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

You would think after the Peterson fight Khan would address his defensive boxing from the inside, learn to clinch you faggot.
UBM CD COMING SOON

dubs

Post by dubs »

where does khan go from here.

besides down the rankings?
Employee wrote:dubs being the West Coast's ric, his thug is bonafide and justified.

Req

Post by Req »

dubs wrote:where does khan go from here.

He'll take a break for about 6-9 months

the latter half of that will be doing some 'intensive training' with Roach

British media will talk about how hard he works, his amazing drive to be the best and blah fucking blah

his comeback fight will be against jobber supreme, British media will term it as KHAN: ROAD TO REDEMPTION *insert British flags flapping in the breeze as angry lions with crowns menacingly glare*

he'll knock jobber supreme out within 5 rounds. British media will herald it as an emphatic win and how great his defense now looks, ignoring that the guy he beat lost 4 out of his last 5.

he'll then fight a journeyman with a name who for some fucking reason has two belts. No-one knows how the fuck he got them, but Khan will manage to overwhelm him after 8 rounds. British media again will crow about his NEW DETERMINATION and HEART OF A CHAMPION. Clips of Henry Cooper and Lennox Lewis may or may not get inter-spliced here.

he'll then fight a contender for a title and get his fucking ass handed to him, again.

repeat.
F.U. MOOLAH

The Aluminum Falcon

Req wrote:
dubs wrote:where does khan go from here.

He'll take a break for about 6-9 months

the latter half of that will be doing some 'intensive training' with Roach

British media will talk about how hard he works, his amazing drive to be the best and blah fucking blah

his comeback fight will be against jobber supreme, British media will term it as KHAN: ROAD TO REDEMPTION *insert British flags flapping in the breeze as angry lions with crowns menacingly glare*

he'll knock jobber supreme out within 5 rounds. British media will herald it as an emphatic win and how great his defense now looks, ignoring that the guy he beat lost 4 out of his last 5.

he'll then fight a journeyman with a name who for some fucking reason has two belts. No-one knows how the fuck he got them, but Khan will manage to overwhelm him after 8 rounds. British media again will crow about his NEW DETERMINATION and HEART OF A CHAMPION. Clips of Henry Cooper and Lennox Lewis may or may not get inter-spliced here.

he'll then fight a contender for a title and get his fucking ass handed to him, again.

repeat.
Sounds accurate. I'm a big fan of Khan as I think he is one of a small handful of named fighters who shows balls and want's the greatest test out there but dude just has too much heart to go with that glass jaw of his. Like tweak said he needs to learn to clinch as well as develop some inside D but another thing that sucks for him is that he doesn't get dropped and regain his senses after a minute or two, once you rock Amir he's on wobbly legs for at least a couple rounds as evidenced by the Maidana fight. If Amir fought Danny like he did Kotelnik that would have been a shutout.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VkSsQ11Y4Ng?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VkSsQ11Y4Ng?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

^^^I watched that last night. Shit was lolz. She's fine as fuck tho!

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Positive A wrote:^^^I watched that last night. Shit was lolz. She's fine as fuck tho!
lol word she def dime status

craig

Post by craig »

She kind of looks like Meagan Good.

atlantiswasreal

Post by atlantiswasreal »

my gf and i were watching the broner fight and she started awing whenever it looked like he was about to propose. then when he performed his best impersonation of mayweather, aka a jackass, she turned to me and gave me a look that penetrated my soul. :(

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

http://content.usatoday.com/communities ... BFENpGLd8E
Rapper 50 Cent could take over promotion of pal Mayweather

By the time undefeated boxing champion Floyd "Money" Mayweather is released from the Clark County Detention Center next week, his career could be undergoing a major change.

Curtis Jackson, better known as rapper 50 Cent and known in the boxing world as Mayweather's BFF, has applied for a promoter's license in Nevada -- he got his license in New York last week -- and is poised to take over the promotion of boxing's No. 1 moneymaker.

Mayweather, 35, was the world's highest-paid athlete last year, according to Forbes, taking in $85 million.

And the biggest loser in the shuffle could be Oscar De La Hoya's Golden Boy Promotions, which has been handling Mayweather for his last six fights. Golden Boy does not have a contract with Mayweather, rather it promotes him for a flat fee.

De La Hoya and 50 Cent went at it on Twitter Wednesday night, with Jackson tweeting, "I don't gamble floyd do,but I bet you you won't be promoting Floyd mayweather no more. TMT PROMOTIONS"

De La Hoya replied: "@50cent your a boxing promoter? good luck maybe we can work someday. #success #nextgeneration #GBB #TMT"

Later, the rapper tweeted, "Baby girl, @oscardelahoya, baby girl you here me, stop hating STOP IT RIGH NOW."

De La Hoya later deleted all of his tweets to Jackson.

TMT stands for "The Money Team," which is the name of Jackson's new company, and the name Mayweather has given to his employees.

Jackson said last week that he planned to sign undefeated super featherweight Yuriorkis Gamboa, the Cuban defector and former Olympian, and super middleweight fighter Andre Dirrell to deals with TMT Promotions.

A phone message left with Golden Boy CEO Richard Schaefer was not immediately returned.

Mayweather has been in jail since June 1 on reduced domestic violence charges.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

Mayweather on that prison swole.