Official European Football 2012 Regular Season Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Yohan

Re: Official European Football 2012 Regular Season Thread

Post by Yohan »

^ Don't watch EPL, not gonna join, sorry.

I'm watching the AZ - Heracles game right now, and boy, does your boy Altidore play a bad game. Has no idea what he's doing on a football pitch. Has no vision, creativity and doesn't know what to do when AZ don't have the ball. But, he scored one already (praise to Beerens and Maher), so that's 3 in 1,5 as of right now. He has great athletic ability (pace, strength etc.) but that's about it.

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

harsh bro, but pretty spot on :lol: admittedly i'm a fan because he is american. you didn't like the Bereens give n go? that's 2 games 2 braces.

Yohan

Post by Yohan »

The goal Jozy didn't score was by far the best goal of today's Eredivisie games. Yeah, 4 out of 2 is nothing to sneeze at (good job!), but in the Eredivisie, it's not about the raw numbers. Alfonso Alves (remember him?) once scored 7 goals in 1 game (9-0 win), scored 34 goals in one season but wasn't shit in the EPL. He was the same kind of player Jozy is right now. Pure physicality. Because Dutch players are on average are smaller and more frail than our English counterparts, physical players can get away with pretty much anything and do well. But should Jozy face 2 central defenders in the vein of Terry or Vidic, he will be a big nothing.

Just saw Ajax win 1-6. Soaring heat, a very lazy opponent but all in all, a good win. If only we can get rid of Theo fucking Janssen. One of the most lazy professional footballers to have ever graced this earth. Christian Eriksen was amazing, Siem the Jong had a good game and our new Swedish winger Tobias Sana had a promising brace.

Dutch media report Manchester United being very close to signing Vitesse's left back Alexander Buttner. Can't believe what I'm reading. He is not good enough for Ajax, let alone Man U. Very curious to see this play out.

Comedy Quaddafi

Post by Comedy Quaddafi »

I'll join in on the fantasy-action, but I'm waiting to create my team because there are still games left in this round. Not sure how this works(?)

PSG were unimpressive again. Le Beouf is a funny commentator.

No one cares too much that Song is leaving, from the looks of it. Another of Wenger's spoiled babies hitting the exit. Sahin to come in but I have no idea if he can contribute defensively. Midfield lacks physical prescence, it appears.
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

Stoned Starks

Post by Stoned Starks »

Just signed up for the Fantasy League even though I don't follow the EPL particularly closely. Should be cool though, regardless.

A few other things:

Thanks CQ, for the breakdown of Song in the other thread. It's going to be interesting seeing what role he takes. I'd say he'll likely play a combination of Keita's role last year and also slot in as the 4th CB. We'll see.

Tello was really impressive today. Word was that he was going to stay with the B team for the majority of the year, but he seems to have improved. Plus he fits the new playing style really well: more direct, quicker transitions. It'll be interesting to see if they stick with him and sell Afellay or vice-versa. Also Jonathan Dos Santos is likely out the door. It's a shame, and some team will likely get a quality midfielder for peanuts but what're you gonna do.

Lastly, Valencia!!! Love Los Che.

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

Positive A wrote:Just watched. Not as bad as I thought. We actually played pretty well. Benny was great. Played some good balls in the opening 20 minutes or so. I don't know what Kyle Walker is/wants to be anymore. He was shit. Kyle Naughton was great all season for Norwich, so Walker can blow me. Let's get Naughts in there.

Gallas over Vertonghen? What the fuck are you thinking?

Sub VdV for Gylfi? What the fuck are you thinking? If you're going to bring VdV on, take off Jake or Sandro. You essentially made a less athletic like for like sub.

Sandro and Livermore were good.

Bale did Bale shit.

When in desperate need for a goal, and your option is Harry Kane, you are destined for a 7-11 finish in the table. This is not good.

We need a striker. Like really fucking badly. Take the Luka money. Buy 2 good players. 1 of them has to be a striker. I'm beginning to think Daniel Levy is a fucking idiot. Which doesn't bode well.

Getting pts at St James was always going to be tough. I'm okay with this.

Our Under Armor joints are nice.
I thought Walker played a really good game actually. He was great at getting the ball up the pitch, and didn't make any significant defensive errors that I saw. Sigurdsson had a lackluster outing, I don't mind them subbing VDV in for him. Vertonghen must really be out of form if Gallas is starting ahead of him.

I kind of like having Bale up front like they had him, even though it was essentially a 4-5-1. Bale can do work in the middle, he just missed a goal off the bar.

No shame in losing to Newcastle at their crib. It was a sloppy game by both clubs, the game could have gone either way. As someone else said, Newcastle are an easy team to like.

I too like our away joints.

Liverpool looked like shit. Villa looked like shit. Southampton played well against City. Nice to see West Ham get a win. Hazard played a solid game for Chelsea, he was all over the field. Arsenal might have some problems scoring goals. Losing Song and RVP is going to hit the chemistry hard. Very interested to see how Man U look tomorrow.

What's up with Dempsey refusing to play for Fulham? Pretty weak, regardless of whether you want a trade or not. Where does he end up?
[i]Styles can be applied quickly to selected text.[/i]

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

Comedy Quaddafi wrote:I'll join in on the fantasy-action, but I'm waiting to create my team because there are still games left in this round. Not sure how this works(?)
You have to have your team ready every week before the first game starts. They'll have the deadlines on the site. The deadline for week two is 8/25. Sometimes you'll have teams play two games in a week. For instance, in week 1 Chelsea and Reading played two games, but they won't play a game in week 3.

You get one free transfer a week.

You can start creating your team now.

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

I hope Aguero isn't hurt badly, he's so much fun to watch. Probably won't know how his knee is for 48 hours.

Adam Johnson is either about to be sold to Spurs or Sunderland OR loaned to Everton. I'd really like to have Adam Johnson on Spurs, he's a quality player.

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

Very entertaining first half of Everton v. ManU. De Gea has been huge.

I've really become a fan of Everton the past few years. I think Moyes is one of the most underappreciated managers in the game and I enjoy their active style of play. They've made some quality buys with Jelavic and now Mirallas. They'll always be middle of the road but still fun to watch. Surprised that no one has poached Fellaini yet but it's only a matter of time before he and Baines are gone.
Quality stitched MLB, NBA, NFL, and soccer jerseys: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FanJerseyz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Stoned Starks

Post by Stoned Starks »

^^

Agree completely. Love watching Fellaini.

Comedy Quaddafi

BOOM. Fellaini. He deserved it too.
Are you watching, Arsene?
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

If you can't beat em, buy em.
Quality stitched MLB, NBA, NFL, and soccer jerseys: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FanJerseyz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

RacquetballGangsta

Post by RacquetballGangsta »

fuckin liverpool. abysmal. more things change, the more they stay the same.
twitter.com/deweydimbabwe
www.stonesthrow.com/vex

nett ist der kleine bruder von scheiße

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Great fuckin game today. Loved every minute of it. Kagawa is fuckin brilliant.

Everton is awesome. I don't care. Felaini is G as fuck. He was so good. Jags too. Just a great match beginning to end.

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

Positive A wrote:Great fuckin game today. Loved every minute of it. Kagawa is fuckin brilliant.

Everton is awesome. I don't care. Felaini is G as fuck. He was so good. Jags too. Just a great match beginning to end.
Everton are a good team, but they were clearly extremely motivated from the get given it was the first game of the season, they were at home, and were playing United. Everton have a fantastic defense, no doubt about it. Everyone of their back four played well today. Probably finish about the same place they did last year.

Great game to watch, mega entertaining. Kagawa played well, but United are going to take a few games to get everything in order. Once they start rolling they're going to be tough to beat.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Bassong to Norwich.
Dawson to QPR.

Fantastic.

Icanhazstriker though?

alpha

Post by alpha »

Really enjoyed yesterdays game as well. I'm a noob so I'll try to keep the stupid questions to a minimum. But what happened during the game when Everton had a player without a # and name out there?

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

alpha wrote:Really enjoyed yesterdays game as well. I'm a noob so I'll try to keep the stupid questions to a minimum. But what happened during the game when Everton had a player without a # and name out there?
lol that was Jelavic and I don't know what happened. He started the game and everything was kosher, but he must have got blood on his shirt or it ripped or something. And Everton couldn't afford to supply a second one with his name on it so they had to get a blank one.

Srsly tho I don't know...

Dan

Post by Dan »

Positive A wrote:
alpha wrote:Really enjoyed yesterdays game as well. I'm a noob so I'll try to keep the stupid questions to a minimum. But what happened during the game when Everton had a player without a # and name out there?
lol that was Jelavic and I don't know what happened. He started the game and everything was kosher, but he must have got blood on his shirt or it ripped or something. And Everton couldn't afford to supply a second one with his name on it so they had to get a blank one.

Srsly tho I don't know...
He got cut under his eye.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Ade is in the house! Which is great, but I'd still like another...

Sunderland (I think) showing interest in Jenas. Lol.

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

Positive A wrote:Ade is in the house! Which is great, but I'd still like another...

Sunderland (I think) showing interest in Jenas. Lol.
:cheers: :cheers:

I'm hoping the Adam Johnson rumors to Spurs are true, but getting Ade permanently is a good move.

I just hope he doesn't revert to the piece of crap he was a couple seasons ago.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

I think Ade will be alright. Johnson would be great. It looks like THudd may get loaned to Stoke...

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

£9 Million for Dawson? Fuck yeah!

Comedy Quaddafi

City spent a fortune to get rid of Adebacunt :lol:
He would've been happy to sit out his contract you'd imagine. Fair play to him, they were dumb enough to offer him the money and he ends up cashing it all in. Good deal for Tottnumb too.
- MB

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

Oh snap and Reading take the lead!

edit: shame they are going to lose on a missed call, deserved a point.

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

That's fucking offsides.

On the flipside, Hazard looks worth every penny.

Req

Post by Req »

Reading's keeper is hilariously bad
F.U. MOOLAH

odium-LSC

Post by odium-LSC »

word. lulz @ federici or whatever. Hazard looks to be a beast. Oscar looks like he'll be a factor once he settles in.

Yohan

Post by Yohan »

Ajax just signed Christian Poulsen. Probably a few years too late. Anybody see him play for Evian last season?