***NBA 2012-2013 SEASON THREAD***

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

stupidregister

Re: ***NBA 2012-2013 SEASON THREAD***

Post by stupidregister »

Never want to see a superstar injured, especially so late in the season. If anything, delusional Laker fans can use his injury as an excuse to this whole season..."Oh we woulda put it together during the playoffs if Kobe didn't get hurt" sorta thing. That's okay, it hurts to lose your guy right when the real season begins, I've been there.

I bet God clears him to play sooner than Derrick Rose though.
Quality stitched MLB, NBA, NFL, and soccer jerseys: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FanJerseyz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

As much as I dislike Howard I want to see him go to Rockets. I would would love to see Morey and Harden win. Be interesting how they would play Asik and Howard together.
To feel as if THIS is the WORST thing EVER! Because After ALL the venting, a real perspective sets in. There are far greater issues/challenges in the world then a torn achilles. Stop feeling sorry for yourself, find the silver lining and get to work with the same belief, same drive and same conviction as ever. -Kobe

Captin Planit

Post by Captin Planit »

With all the amnesty discussion and musings about D12's potential departure, I don't see a lot of discussion about how this affects the Lakers' approach in these next two games and the potential off-season.

I don't watch a lot of Lakers games since they're often on national television and I have LP to follow bottom-feeders, but what are their chances if they absorb this loss, slow their pace more than they already have, and live and die by their inside game?

I still think a Kobe-less Lakers will have more of a fighting chance against OKC than a too-raw Utah, unless Jefferson plays as tough as he did last night.

an-also

Post by an-also »

naturalborn103 wrote:As much as I dislike Howard I want to see him go to Rockets. I would would love to see Morey and Harden win. Be interesting how they would play Asik and Howard together.
To feel as if THIS is the WORST thing EVER! Because After ALL the venting, a real perspective sets in. There are far greater issues/challenges in the world then a torn achilles. Stop feeling sorry for yourself, find the silver lining and get to work with the same belief, same drive and same conviction as ever. -Kobe
Did Kobe say that? Love that dude's mentality.

Pronay

Post by Pronay »

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

as much as i want to hate on the man, i gotta say

he's a tough s.o.b. his team was desperate and plyaed him every single minute, even through two apparent "pre-injuries" that obviously weakened his achilles and his left leg overall leading to it blowing out on a routine drive

he played through all that shit and kept his team in the game. mad kudos.
Nets 2022

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

Hayzoos wrote:
We could marvel at his consistency. You probably don't remember a bad game from James this season and that's because he was pretty much a human metronome of dominance this season. At his worst, he was Blake Griffin. No, seriously. Take James' worst 10 games of the season by Game Score (a PER-like metric developed by John Hollinger to evaluate single-game performances) and you'll find that he averaged 19.3 points, 8.7 rebounds and 5.2 assists in those duds. Griffin this season? 18.2 points, 8.4 rebounds and 3.7 assists.

In other words, statistically on his worst days, James was an All-Star big man. Maybe even a little bit better.
http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story/_/ ... mvp-ballot

:ohsh:
incredible

like i said, this lebron is a top three level player ever. if he can duplicate or triplicate this year and then level off as he ages into years more similar to his rookie year's but with higher fg% and possibly rebounds (i think he will gravitate to more post-up situations as he loses some explosiveness) he will be in discussion for best ever
Nets 2022

Hayzoos

Post by Hayzoos »

I love MJ just as much as the next Bulls fan, but at some point people are gonna have to let it go. I think it's fuckin lame how people act like Jordan is the only thing this city has and hold onto his status as GOAT for dear life like it's all we have left as a city. People here started getting all pissy when Kobe started winning again because they "don't want any discussion on who the GOAT is." And now the same shit is happening with LeBron and it's fuckin lame and kind of pathetic to watch. He's gonna get passed up, it's just going to happen. Same shit happened to Wilt and Oscar and Kareem and Magic/Bird and eventually it's gonna happen to MJ.

I've hated LeBron for a while, but with the way he played last post season he won me over as a fan. At this point you can't front on him and his game anymore, you just have to learn to embrace it and realize you're witnessing history. It's LeBron's league... for now. I just wish my city would get the fuck over it as well.
Spottin fools frontin fly

http://www.last.fm/user/fopomofo

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

"This is such BS! All the training and sacrifice just flew out the window with one step that I've done millions of times! The frustration is unbearable. The anger is rage. Why the hell did this happen ?!? Makes no damn sense. Now I'm supposed to come back from this and be the same player Or better at 35?!? How in the world am I supposed to do that??"

Brokewax

Post by Brokewax »

Kobe out 6 to 9 months, eyeing next season opener for return per Gary Vitti.

Req

Post by Req »

how lol would it be if the Lakers make the playoffs and upset their way to the conf finals driven by Dwight and Pau as an FU to Kobe.
F.U. MOOLAH

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Req wrote:how lol would it be if the Lakers make the playoffs and upset their way to the conf finals driven by Dwight and Pau as an FU to Kobe.
i'm rooting for this to happen
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

siLLy KiD

Post by siLLy KiD »

Req wrote:how lol would it be if the Lakers make the playoffs and upset their way to the conf finals driven by Dwight and Pau as an FU to Kobe.
The Lakers actually do quite well when Kobe's out or scoring under 15 pts. Kobe's a double edged sword - yes he is a beast, but his fg% has been fucking shit and he's cost us a lot of games this year and a shit ton of turnovers. Lakers can still definitely make it to the playoffs, maybe even go all the way....maybe the lakeshow will be the NBA version of Louisville this year lol. When Kobe's out and the pressure is on guys like D12 and Gasol to make buckets, their game is a lot different. Nash should be coming back next game too so I'm still staying hopeful. I hope Kobe just retires though, and Gasol gets the boot too. That would free up so much money and probably make it possible for me to finally become an LBJ fan when he comes to L.A. :jerk:

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

so who all's going to be free agents this coming offseason???

D12, CP3, Bynum??

Captin Planit

Post by Captin Planit »

Josh. Iggy?

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

Found this,

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/85896 ... -2013-2014

Besides the top 5 we listed,

David West, Mayo (player option), Monta Ellis (po) and Ginobili also stand out.

Hayzoos

Post by Hayzoos »

So is it basically a lock that CP3 reups with the Clippers? Not really sure why he wouldn't want to as long as they get rid of Vinny.

siLLy KiD

Post by siLLy KiD »

Hayzoos wrote:So is it basically a lock that CP3 reups with the Clippers? Not really sure why he wouldn't want to as long as they get rid of Vinny.
Because he's going to be a Laker again.

alpha

Post by alpha »

You're drunk silly kid, go home.

siLLy KiD

Post by siLLy KiD »

alpha wrote:You're drunk silly kid, go home.
no argument on either accounts. :megaman:

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

Hayzoos wrote:I love MJ just as much as the next Bulls fan, but at some point people are gonna have to let it go. I think it's fuckin lame how people act like Jordan is the only thing this city has and hold onto his status as GOAT for dear life like it's all we have left as a city. People here started getting all pissy when Kobe started winning again because they "don't want any discussion on who the GOAT is." And now the same shit is happening with LeBron and it's fuckin lame and kind of pathetic to watch. He's gonna get passed up, it's just going to happen. Same shit happened to Wilt and Oscar and Kareem and Magic/Bird and eventually it's gonna happen to MJ.

I've hated LeBron for a while, but with the way he played last post season he won me over as a fan. At this point you can't front on him and his game anymore, you just have to learn to embrace it and realize you're witnessing history. It's LeBron's league... for now. I just wish my city would get the fuck over it as well.
Thank you for posting this. I knew you weren't a real Bulls fan and this makes me feel better about us "rooting" for the same team.

There's a difference between acknowledging greatness and actually rooting for an opponent, which you don't seem to understand. You're part of this new breed of fans (like players) who are just buddy-buddy and root for whomever and everyone loves everyone. Fuck that shit. It's different if you enjoy watching Chris Paul or some dude who isn't really affecting your team but LeBron James? You think fans during the Jordan Era were rooting for Isiah Thomas or Reggie Miller or Patrick Ewing when they weren't playing against the Bulls? Do you root for Erin Rodgers too? The fuck is wrong with people??

Who the fuck cares if LeBron is great? Stevie Wonder could see he's the best in the world right now. That's not saying anything. And unless the Bulls make some major changes, they're not gonna seriously compete next year either. That doesn't mean I'm gonna sit back and enjoy LeBron's "greatness." I'm gonna root for that motherfucker to fail every fucking night.

And what "history?" The dude will have 2 championships by the end of this year (done before) and 4 MVPs (done before). He puts up big numbers (done before) and they won a bunch of regular season games in a row that everyone forgot about already (done before). He's the best player going and will be for this decade but talking about him being the best ever is fucking ludicrous at this point. If he can't play any more after this year, is he a Top 5 player ever? On potential maybe, but in reality it's stupid. Everyone needs to chill until it's all said and done.

Fucking rooting for LeBron James. Fucking kidding me.

Quality stitched MLB, NBA, NFL, and soccer jerseys: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FanJerseyz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

sighs.... so nice
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

Hayzoos

Post by Hayzoos »

Lol what did what I said about people crying over Jordan's legacy being overtaken have anything to do with how well I want the Bulls do? My post wasn't even about Lebron, it's about Jordan and the people who live in Chicago. I've learned to appreciate Lebrons game and greatness. Idk where you got that I'm rooting for him over the Bulls from. But then again you are a tremendously huge try hard faggot.

:fail:

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

Hayzoos wrote:My post wasn't even about Lebron
Hayzoos wrote:I've hated LeBron for a while, but with the way he played last post season he won me over as a fan. At this point you can't front on him and his game anymore, you just have to learn to embrace it
Hayzoos wrote:My post wasn't even about Lebron

Hayzoos

Post by Hayzoos »

:bunk:

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

Post by eternalreflection »

is he a Top 5 player ever? On potential maybe, but in reality it's stupid. Everyone needs to chill until it's all said and done.
past the potential stage at this point, he has 10seasons, over 750 games played and has been the best player in the league for 6straight years. Right now the gap between him and Durant is fucking massive, so it's unlikely he gives up the crown anytime soon.

here's a task name 5 players that have a single season better than Lebron's 5th best

then try to justify them as actually better

he was stuck on a horribly run franchise for 7years, if he had ended up in San Antonio(without Duncan), he'd have 6 rings now, Jordan had the same shit happen to him with no talent around him(he was the best player in the league by a mile 4years before he won a ring), I mean Anderson Varejao was the best player he ever played with in Cleveland, that's a fucking joke.

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Dubs gotta get that 6 spot if they intend to win one game in the playoffs.

PEACE

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Hayzoos wrote:I love MJ just as much as the next Bulls fan, but at some point people are gonna have to let it go. I think it's fuckin lame how people act like Jordan is the only thing this city has and hold onto his status as GOAT for dear life like it's all we have left as a city. People here started getting all pissy when Kobe started winning again because they "don't want any discussion on who the GOAT is." And now the same shit is happening with LeBron and it's fuckin lame and kind of pathetic to watch. He's gonna get passed up, it's just going to happen. Same shit happened to Wilt and Oscar and Kareem and Magic/Bird and eventually it's gonna happen to MJ.

I actually agree with you, if you are basketball fan you should be appreciating how great LeBron is. You also self admittedly were too young to appreciate and watch Jordan, so it is different for people older then you.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

eternalreflection wrote:
is he a Top 5 player ever? On potential maybe, but in reality it's stupid. Everyone needs to chill until it's all said and done.
past the potential stage at this point, he has 10seasons, over 750 games played and has been the best player in the league for 6straight years. Right now the gap between him and Durant is fucking massive, so it's unlikely he gives up the crown anytime soon.

here's a task name 5 players that have a single season better than Lebron's 5th best

then try to justify them as actually better

he was stuck on a horribly run franchise for 7years, if he had ended up in San Antonio(without Duncan), he'd have 6 rings now, Jordan had the same shit happen to him with no talent around him(he was the best player in the league by a mile 4years before he won a ring), I mean Anderson Varejao was the best player he ever played with in Cleveland, that's a fucking joke.

:cheers:
Nets 2022

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

i like this stupidregister/hayzoos beef/rivalry/whatever that's been brewing lately.