The Official NHL 2012-13 Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Kiran187

Re: The Official NHL 2012-13 Thread

Post by Kiran187 »

jredd109 wrote:
BigCat8 wrote:Bernier to Toronto for Frattin, Scrivens, and a 2nd round pick in either 2014/2015 (Leafs choice).

Poor Reimer. What's the man gotta do to prove himself?

beat boston in round 1?
:rofl: :rofl:

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

Kiran187 wrote:
jredd109 wrote:keep your head above that shit mang.
thanks man :cheers:
When I heard about it the other day, I was actually wondering if you got hit by any of this shit.

Sucks big time.

Kiran187

Post by Kiran187 »

Random Sample wrote:
Kiran187 wrote:
jredd109 wrote:keep your head above that shit mang.
thanks man :cheers:
When I heard about it the other day, I was actually wondering if you got hit by any of this shit.

Sucks big time.
Luckily my place isn't one of the flood zones so I was ok but it's been pretty chaotic here the last couple days. The entire city centre is basically closed and all mass transit is running with buses only on a skeleton schedule and no trains. Most of the downtown and surrounding neighbourhoods are completely under water. The saddle dome is fucked...the Flames ownership was saying that the first 8 rows are completely underwater so that includes the dressing rooms and the jumbotron control area. However they think they can be ready for opening day. What's crazy is that they are still going ahead with Stampede even though the grounds are completely fucked and it's supposed to start in 11 days.

Cool Flood Story Bro

Anyways, looking forward to Game 6 tonight....hopefully the hawks can wrap it up tonight.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

This shit is crazy.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Great series. LOL bettman.

alpha

Post by alpha »

That's gotta be the worst feeling in the world. 2 mins from game 7 to going home.

an-also

Post by an-also »

wow...

wheels

Post by wheels »

That's as wild a finish as I've seen in a long time. For any hockey game.

But to win the cup? I dunno man

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

That pass by Toews on the tying goal...he's so fucking good at everything.

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

They weren't able to fire very many shots at Crawford's glove side in the last two games. Thank god.

And now my focus shifts to the White Sox and Cubs for the next six weeks. Faggot shit.
Tweak Da Leak wrote:My nigga Poppabitch fucks with the swine?

internetfront

Post by internetfront »

an-also wrote:wow...
The celebration of the second goal just turned into a celebration for The Cup. So surreal...

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Congrats, Roy!

The 'Hawks really were the cream of the crop from the moment the season started.

Great, great series.

Don't necessarily agree with Kaner winning the Smythe. I mean, he was a boss, but Crow or Toews were move vital than 88, imo. But that's picking nits to a degree. Kane is electric and had timely goals.

Philly just bought out Bryz. Now that Bernier is in the Dot, where does Philly go for goaltending?

I'm hoping the Sens listen to offers for Craig Anderson. I love Andy and he's a great goalie, but his value will never be higher than it is right now and Lehner is ready.

Already missing hockey.

an-also

Post by an-also »

EJ Hradek ‏@EJHradek_NHL 2m
Bergeron had a broken rib, torn cartlidge and a separated shoulder
Hockey players >>>>>>>

an-also

Post by an-also »

Countdown of the top 20 awkward gary bettman cup handoffs

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-trian ... sentations

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

Positive A wrote:Congrats, Roy!
Thanks, dude.
Chicago could be on to something

Unlike the 2010 Stanley Cup edition, the 2013 champion Blackhawks will be together for years to come.

CHICAGO, IL -- On Monday night in Boston, Gary Bettman handed the Stanley Cup to Chicago Blackhawks captain Jonathan Toews for a second time in four years. With their stunning victory, Chicago became the first organization to win a second Cup since the 2004-05 season was cancelled.

However, the aftermath of the two Cup victories could be dramatically different in the Windy City.

These Blackhawks are built to last.

In 2010, the salary cap wreaked havoc on a talented, young Hawks roster. Within days of the parade down Michigan Avenue, key names from the championship roster were being shipped out of town so the team could afford to keep Jonathan Toews, Patrick Kane and Duncan Keith.

Andrew Ladd, Dustin Byfuglien, Kris Versteeg and Antti Niemi were only four players that didn’t return to help raise the banner that October. In the 18 months that followed, Brian Campbell and Troy Brouwer were also moved to keep the team’s payroll under the cap.

In the two postseasons that followed, the Hawks were banged up and trying to find the right mix to win a series. First round exits against Vancouver and Phoenix led to some questioning the roster build by GM Stan Bowman, and his relationship with head coach Joel Quenneville.

Last summer, when Bowman only added defensemen Michal Rozsival and Sheldon Brookbank in free agency to the roster that lost to the Phoenix Coyotes, many again wondered how the Hawks would fare during the lockout-shortened season.

During the season, even with the best record in the league, eyebrows raised when Bowman’s only move was sending San Jose’s own fourth round pick back to the Sharks for the ancient, washed-up Michal Handzus. A team that lacked a second line center that could skate with the likes of Kane, Marian Hossa and Patrick Sharp was expecting the glacial Handzus to make a difference?

Now that the 2013 season is in the books, all of those questions have been emphatically answered.

The Presidents’ Trophy and Stanley Cup are both now property of the Chicago Blackhawks, and the Selke and Jennings Trophies are as well. Quenneville has a second Cup win as the coach of the Hawks, Toews has a second Cup as captain, and Kane has a Conn Smythe on his resume.

While many players on the 2010 roster peaked together, there’s a legitimate case to be made that the best of these 2013 Blackhawks may be yet to come.

Andrew Shaw, whose bloody face kissing the Cup became iconic in Chicago before the charter flight landed at O'Hare, was a fifth round pick by Bowman in 2011. He'll turn 22 in late July and has one more year left on his entry level contract.

Brandon Saad, the runner-up for the Calder this year, can't legally celebrate the Cup victory; he doesn't turn 21 until late-October. But he spent most of the regular season skating on the Hawks' top line with Toews and Hossa and showed a lot of maturation throughout the postseason. He is under contract for two more years.

There are a couple restricted free agents the Hawks will have to consider this summer, but neither is likely to break the bank.

Nick Leddy, who was acquired by Bowman from Minnesota for Cam Barker while playing at the University of Minnesota during the last Cup run, is only 22 and shows a world of promise.

Marcus Kruger, who, like Shaw, was a fifth round pick, was paired with Michael Frolik on the top penalty kill unit for the Hawks that was outstanding throughout the year. But as a fourth line center, his payday isn’t likely to be one that costs the organization a key move this summer. He turned 23 at the end of May.

When the Hawks raise the organization’s fifth banner in October, a couple players might not be back. Veterans like Ray Emery, Jamal Mayers, Rozsival and Handzus won’t likely be back, and the team will have to make decisions quickly regarding unrestricted free agents Viktor Stalberg and playoff hero Bryan Bickell.

But Bowman has done a strong job of building depth in his organization just as he did with the roster that is bringing the Cup back to Chicago.

When Bowman took control of the Blackhawks, the organizational depth was minimal (read: non-existent). The top prospects in Rockford in 2010 were Bickell, Jack Skille (who was traded for Michael Frolik), Brian Connelly, and Kyle Beach.

Ben Smith made an appearance in the Cup Final after scoring 27 goals in 54 games in Rockford this year. He’ll turn 25 in mid-July, but has some good NHL postseason experience already (scored three goals against Vancouver in the 2011 playoffs).

Brandon Pirri led the AHL in assists and points this year, and could get a look as a potential second line center in the fall. Jeremy Morin, who was acquired from Atlanta in one of the post-2010 trades, had a strong season in Rockford and could factor into the mix as well. They scored 22 and 30 goals, respectively, in Rockford this year.

Jimmy Hayes, acquired from Toronto after the Blackhawks drafted his younger brother Kevin in the first round in 2010, could be the next big body in Chicago. He’ll turn 23 in November, but at 6-6 and 221 pounds has the body to take up a lot of space at the next level.

Adam Clendening made the jump from Boston University to Rockford this year and was an AHL all-star. The organization thinks highly of him, and he could push for a roster spot in Chicago with Rozsival moving on this summer. He posted 46 points from the blue line in 73 games this year, and doesn’t turn 20 until late October.

Bowman also inked one of the more intriguing prospects in Europe during these playoffs in netminder Antti Raanta. The 24-year-old had a .943 save percentage and five shutouts for Assat Pori (SM-liiga) and is likely to replace Emery behind Corey Crawford on the Hawks’ depth chart in net.

And there are more prospects coming, as well. Last summer’s top pick, Teuvo Teravainen, had a solid season for Jokerit (SM-liiga) and doesn’t turn 19 until mid-September. Phillip Danault and Mark McNeill, the team’s two first round picks in 2011, will move to Rockford this fall after fantastic final junior campaigns. And defenseman Stephen Johns (listed at 6-4, 233) will play his final season at Notre Dame this winter.

There is a lot of good, young talent coming up with Chicago. Add that to a core that includes Toews (25), Kane (24) and Niklas Hjalmarsson (26) and the Blackhawks aren’t exactly entering the twilight of their championship window.

Chicago is the standard once again, and could stay in the mix for years to come.

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/columnis ... 30625.html
I'm looking forward to seeing Teuvo Teräväinen. He's gonna look pretty damn awkward with a beard.

Tweak Da Leak wrote:My nigga Poppabitch fucks with the swine?

Kiran187

Post by Kiran187 »

Pretty great game and the end to an awesome series. Both teams were strong but Chicago just found that extra gear, especially when Toews and Kane started going midway into the series. I'm just looking forward to draft day and the off season. The one benefit to the season going late is that it's not too long until training camp starts again lol

Congrats Roy and all the other Hawks fans out there.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Shall we shut this puppy down once and for all and start a new "offseason" thread? Shit is bout to heat up.

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

Positive A wrote:Shall we shut this puppy down once and for all and start a new "offseason" thread? Shit is bout to heat up.
yep. sounds good to me.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

an-also wrote:
EJ Hradek ‏@EJHradek_NHL 2m
Bergeron had a broken rib, torn cartlidge and a separated shoulder
Hockey players >>>>>>>
No doubt, right? Unreal shit.

Toews and Bergeron might be favorite two players that don't play for the Sens.

Peace to Tavares.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Vinny Lecav bought out. Montreal imminent?

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

Positive A wrote:Vinny Lecav bought out. Montreal imminent?
Yeah for sure. They are so gay for him.

Pens signed Kunitz for a 3 year extension.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Random Sample wrote:

What's the money?

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

Positive A wrote:
Random Sample wrote:

What's the money?
3.85 a year. 125K more than he is making on his current contract.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Solid.

Kiran187

Post by Kiran187 »

Random Sample wrote:
Positive A wrote:
Random Sample wrote:

What's the money?
3.85 a year. 125K more than he is making on his current contract.
That is an excellent bargain for Pitt

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Crow hammered and dropping "F" bombs at the parade/victory speech.

jredd109

Post by jredd109 »

word was letang turned down 8 years at 56 mil...

Matthew

Post by Matthew »

sounds more like he wants out of pittsburgh than more money

parade was great to watch during work today. crawford :lol:

don't think i posted the pics here, but i spontaneously flew to chicago for game 5 in the LA series http://imgur.com/a/B8iht :lastweek:

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Matthew wrote:sounds more like he wants out of pittsburgh than more money

parade was great to watch during work today. crawford :lol:

don't think i posted the pics here, but i spontaneously flew to chicago for game 5 in the LA series http://imgur.com/a/B8iht :lastweek:
Dope pics, Matthew.

Would LOVE to go to a game in Chicago. Fuck...I'd travel to go to a game in about 15 barns tbh.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Is anyone pumped for the fucking draft? I can't wait for this shit.

I jizz thinking about the homey Nathan MacKinnon on Colorado. That said, are they turning into the Edmonton Oilers; stockpiling offensive weapons and young forwards??

Nathan Horton is out of Boston and the B's are rumored to be shopping Tyler Seguin. Crazy.

Don't know what's gonna happen with Letang, but I wouldn't be mad if Ottawa made a play for him.

#hockeyhockeyhockeyhockeyhockey

Sad to say, but I'm reeeeeeeeaaaaaaallly hoping Ottawa is shopping Andy for some good shit.