Official European Football 2012 Regular Season Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Y@k Bollocks
Location: I was wearing Sergio Tacchini before the internet existed

Re: Official European Football 2012 Regular Season Thread

Post by Y@k Bollocks »

Group A: Manchester United, Shakhtar Donetsk, Bayer Leverkusen, Real Sociedad.

Group B: Real Madrid, Juventus, Galatasaray, FC Copenhagen.

Group C: PSG, Benfica, Olympiakos, Anderlecht.

Group D: Bayern Munich, CSKA Moscow, Manchester City, FC Viktoria Plzen.

Group E: Chelsea, Schalke, FC Basel, Steaua Bucharest.

Group F: Arsenal, Marseille, Borussia Dortmund, Napoli.

Group G: Porto, Atlético Madrid, Zenit St Petersburg, Austria Vienna.

Group H: Barcelona, Milan, Ajax, Celtic.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Hai! C u in Europa League, Gooners!
Last edited by Positive A on Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Req

Post by Req »

did Spurs really flip Bale for Lamela, Eriksen, Soldado, Paulinho & Capoue?

i mean, before the whole saga even started, if someone had offered you that, you'd have ripped their fucking hand off surely?

IMO Lamela + Eriksen alone > Bale
F.U. MOOLAH

Req

Post by Req »

did Spurs really flip Bale for Lamela, Eriksen, Soldado, Paulinho & Capoue?

i mean, before the whole saga even started, if someone had offered you that, you'd have ripped their fucking hand off surely?

F.U. MOOLAH

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Req wrote:did Spurs really flip Bale for Lamela, Eriksen, Soldado, Paulinho & Capoue?

Not to mention Chiriches who is Vertonghen 2.0.

mud

Post by mud »

Positive A wrote:
Req wrote:did Spurs really flip Bale for Lamela, Eriksen, Soldado, Paulinho & Capoue?

Not to mention Chiriches who is Vertonghen 2.0.
Boyata 2.0.
"Catch me in the corner not speaking"

RacquetballGangsta

Post by RacquetballGangsta »

he was on the books sure lol but when did he play at arsenal? he was loaned out like 4 times...lol wenger was picking chamakh and bendtner and gervinho and god knows who else when he couldve been playing vela...
twitter.com/deweydimbabwe
www.stonesthrow.com/vex

nett ist der kleine bruder von scheiße

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

That dude Griezmann is the shit at Sociedad.

Req

Post by Req »

fuck me they have Lewis Holtby as well!

that midfield is fucking loaded.
F.U. MOOLAH

Deadmaninc21

Post by Deadmaninc21 »

Lineups for the supercup
Chelsea: Cech, Cole, Luiz, Cahill, Ivanovic, Lampard, Ramires, Hazard, Oscar, Schürrle, Torres.
Subs: Schwarzer, Terry, Azpilicueta, Essien, Mata, Mikel, Lukaku

Bayern: Neuer, Alaba, Dante, Boateng, Rafinha, Lahm, Ribery, Kroos, Muller, Robben, Mandzukic.
Subs: Starke, Contento, van Buyten, Martinez, Shaqiri, Götze, Pizarro

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Eriksen confirmed. :gyeah:

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

Spurs bodied the fuck out of this transfer window.

Also, KPB to Schalke? Who saw that coming??
Quality stitched MLB, NBA, NFL, and soccer jerseys: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FanJerseyz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Treading lightly for Sunday. Lots of new bodies that still need time to gel. Plus Arsenal at home. Veeeeerrrry apprehensive about the NLD.

Req

Post by Req »

wouldnt imagine any of this weeks signings to be playing

probably let them bed in over the intl break and then introduce them at home against Norwich.
F.U. MOOLAH

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Req wrote:wouldnt imagine any of this weeks signings to be playing

probably let them bed in over the intl break and then introduce them at home against Norwich.
Oh no. They wont play. Im referring to the first haul of paulinho, soldado, chadli and capoue. We still havent scored from open play.

Townsend and rose are almost like new signings too....

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Hull City is out for fucking blood.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

spitboxer

Post by spitboxer »

Heard a great quote on Talksport earlier regarding Spurs transfer window

"We've sold Elvis Prestley & brought The Beatles"

Still rumours that we might get Hulk before the deadline floating about especially if Schalke go ahead will the Ade deal.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

spitboxer wrote:Heard a great quote on Talksport earlier regarding Spurs transfer window

"We've sold Elvis Prestley & brought The Beatles"

Still rumours that we might get Hulk before the deadline floating about especially if Schalke go ahead will the Ade deal.
I've heard Hulk rumblings as well. Not a big fan if I'm honest.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Spurs blog-o-sphere in full on jinx mode, but lolz:
With the first North London Derby of the season on the horizon, I find myself empathizing with the dinosaurs who looked up to see a big ball of fire in the sky approaching.

Tottenham's slow march to relegation continues this Sunday at the Emirates as we take on Arsenal in a match that we almost surely cannot win.

Do not be fooled by their activity on the transfer market. Arsenal have assembled a team that is truly terrifying and will rip us to shreds, just as they tore the Champions League from us last season.

A front line of Luis Suarez and Karim Benzema combines two of Europe's premier strikers. Their movement is smart and deadly and I shudder to think what they'll do to our back line. And if neither of them works out, they have a third elite striker on the bench ready to come on and annihilate us in Gonzalo Higuain. My heart can barely take the strain of remembering that their attack will be supported by the unstoppable pace of Angel Di Maria. All of this builds upon the foundation of Theo Walcott's crucial and timely goals. All of this will be passing through a defense that has lost a legend, and our team's brave english heart, in Steven Caulker. And let's not forget that we've forsaken our strong American keeper for a weak, overrated frenchman who doesn't know how to guard his line.

Even if we can stop them, Spurs attack will surely be blunted by their invincible midfield, which has been immeasurably improved by the strength of Yohan Cabaye, the relentless effort of Lars Bender, and the brick wall that is European Champion Luis Gustavo.

The depression deepens as you realize that should we manage to get one on one with their keeper, Arsenal have finally stopped putting clowns between the nets. World and 2 time European Champion Iker Casillas now patrols their nets, and should he somehow get injured, Brazil's number one Julio Cesar stands ready to back him up.

We may hope that Arsenal's squad will be unsettled by so many new players, but let's be real. That's too much quality to deal with. Arsene opened his pocketbook while we've been busy losing our best player. Its time to face the harsh truth: we missed our window of opportunity. This dream team that they've assembled at the Emirates will kill us and that silence will never seem so deafening.

On Monday morning, I will have fond memories of Tottenham Hotspur, but just memories, because our club will surely be gone, shattered upon the rocks of Arsenal's transfer acumen.

RIP THFC.

Y@k Bollocks
Location: I was wearing Sergio Tacchini before the internet existed

Post by Y@k Bollocks »

Is there ever NOT a minutes silence/applause at Anfield?

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

HELLSYEAH :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

Suck it Spurs.
Quality stitched MLB, NBA, NFL, and soccer jerseys: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FanJerseyz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Barring a few minutes where we pressed the issue, we were absolutely dominated from start to finish.

If not for Lloris, could have been 3, 4, 5.

Fuck the bullshit. Giroud is really good.

Arse look good. Cazorla is such a great player.

Gutted, but it was always going to be a draw at best for Spurs.

Arsene just :copy: infuriated fans calling for new players.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

On the bright side, Capoue's injury doesn't seem to be serious (per L'Equipe).

Good thing 21 of our 25 man squad are midfielders.

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

All kidding aside, I still think Spurs will end up finishing above Arsenal, sadly. 0 goals from open play after 3 games with all that talent is a little strange though and they never really looked threatening up front. You can tell Lamela is a player though so he might be the one that ends up changing their fortunes. Obviously it's gonna take some time for them to all gel and it's still early in the year but honestly, Spurs looked shook for the most part. I don't expect that to continue but it was like they weren't prepared for the intensity of the match, guys like Capoue and Paulinho just didn't have the same impact as the first couple matches. Not only do they have a bunch of new players but none of them have played in England before so maybe that had something to do with it too. Like I said, I don't expect that to last forever but it was nice to catch them early and get an important 3. Playing at home was a big benefit too.

Lloris was fucking magnificent. It coulda been embarrassing without his brilliance. Chadli also impressed me.

Giroud, what can you say. He's playing possessed, I love the way he tracks back and he's been spot on to start. His physicality and strength is such a benefit, winning headers and holding up play. Very impressed with him, looks much more comfortable this year.

Cazorla, picking up right where he left off. Perfect Wenger player, so composed and skillful.

Wilshere, picking up right where he left off. Perfect Wenger player, so much hype and always injured.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

I hate to say it, but I think we're still a year away.

Capoue and Pauli were fucking brutal today. And I LOVE Capoue.

AVB CANNOT start a midfield trio of Cap, Pauli and Moose. It just doesn't work.

Nobody on this team can feed Soldado the ball. Nobody. Why bring on Sandro today and NOT Holtby??

Midfield has been hyped up with these moves, but the Gooners controlled the middle of the pitch.

Gylfi, as much as I like the Icelander, has got to go. He's got no spot on this team anymore.

Gooners closing in on Ozil.

Comedy Quaddafi

Post by Comedy Quaddafi »

I was pretty confident going in to this, but Spurs will inevitably improve though I think this will be a season for transition for them. The season isn't won in the transferwindow (unless you buy RvP). The midfield-trio will need intensive tactical training regardless of what combination of the approx 256 available Young Dre chooses to use. No one seemed to know what to do today, tracking back like headless chickens. Chadil is wank, it has to be said. Townsend of all people looked most threatening. I'm very sceptical of a few of the other players too, but who really knows? Lamela is the only one I envy them for. My boy Eriksen will also do well once he finds his feet. Think they dodged a bullet with Willian.

Ramsey is finally proving the haters wrong. Kos, Per and Santi were immense too. Oli put in a shift as well but I'm not 100% confident about having him as a guaranteed striker, esp with no real competition. Fans are right to call for new signings, though they should abstain from sounding like clueless cunts when they do. Two players minimum, we had all of our non-injured adult players out on the pitch today.
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

Yeah, those three were invisible for the most part, aside from Lloris, Townsend was their best player. Is AVB gonna keep trying to play a 4-3-3 with the addition of Eriksen too? I thought he and Dembele were more attacking with Capoue more holding and Paulinho kinda all over. If he plays Eriksen as a CAM, Cap and Pauli as CMs/CDMs, Chadli and Lamela on the wings with Soldado up front?

I read about Ozil but I'll believe it when he's holding up the jersey. I think Cabaye is more likely but I've heard they might be close on Mata too.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Lloris/Rose/Kaboul/Vertongs/Shitty Ass Kyle Walker/Capoue/Paulinho/Eriksen/Townsend/Lamela/Soldado

would be my XI

Capoue firmly in front of the back 4, Paulinho "kind of" free to move about, Eriksen right behind Soldado...