If there was no Fantasy football I would...

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

If there was no fantasy football I would be..

On the couch on Sunday from 1 till end of Sunday night game
9%
Only be watching my teams games
No votes
Watching my team and biggest games of the week
73%
Doing something better then watching football
18%

Total votes: 11

naturalborn103

If there was no Fantasy football I would...

Post by naturalborn103 »

Talking with a friend about how little I care about NFL these last few years outside of my fantasy team. I would much rather me win fantasy league then Pats win a ring. Am I only one?

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Re: If there was no Fantasy football I would...

Post by capable_keL »

i can't remember life before fantasy football so i can't vote
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

Natty what the fuck????

You'd rather win your league than see the Pats win??????

Fuck that shit. I'd rather lose every fantasy game n see Kap G ride to SB victory. That shit is real, is forever. Nobody gives a fuck about my fantasy team.

Yes, on Sunday I watch redzone to check my ft, and to see who is ballin for pickups. But when the Niners are on it's San Fran all day, and don't even think about touching the remote.

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

If there was no fantasy football I'd probably

PEACE

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

Fortunetly I don't have to worry about my NFL team winning the Superbowl.

Kid That's Lifeless

Post by Kid That's Lifeless »

D.

Fantasy football keeps me interested in the NFL. I'm one of those assholes.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

VideoKilledThe wrote:Natty what the fuck????
I used to hate people like me, but I have switched over. The following are some of the reason I have done so.

Concussion and cte stuff. I just can't enjoy huge hits and people getting laid out like I used. The league is also so full of shit and pulls so many scams with this issue along with host of other issues that I really wish I didn't support it.

Short careers.

I never get to see whole play. I need to rely on tv to show me replays of what actually happen downfield.

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

For me, fantasy football and the Sunday Ticket are intrinsically linked. I started getting the Sunday Ticket right around the time I started getting into $ fantasy leagues ('02) and it's hard to imagine having the ticket and watching games without fantasy football. I'd much prefer a Colts Super Bowl to a fantasy title, mainly because I've won several fantasy leagues and the Colts only have one Superbowl in Indy, but also because you can share a a Super Bowl win with all your friends/family/city and the feeling lasts a lot longer.

If there were no fantasy, I'd still have the Sunday Ticket because my wife's a Patriots fan and she'd want to see their games, but instead of flipping around all day, I'd probably pick the best games and just watch them for the most part. I really only watch about half of the primetime games at this point, it's hard to commit that much time to football every week on top of all the time I spend rosterbating with my various teams.

Even though I love it, I feel a sense of relief every year when football season ends. It frees up Sundays for anything I want to do (movies, music, reading, videogames, errands). I does give me something to look forward to throughout the week though, and every summer I can't wait for the season to start again.

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

Can't wait for Thursday night because I own someone on the Jaguars. :bunk:

Are you just bored with Belichick and Brady, natty? Might be able to make an exception for you there. No, not really. Spoiled ass Boston bitches with all your fucking titles.
Tweak Da Leak wrote:My nigga Poppabitch fucks with the swine?

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

If there was no fantasy football I'd still be just as interested in nfl because of sports betting

an-also

Post by an-also »

Never played fantasy sports. Never will.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

an-also is better than all of us nerds

his sports takes are pure and not tainted with some bias fantasy crap
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

ric

Post by ric »

an-also wrote:Never played fantasy sports. Never will.
i thought the same thing. then my friends were like 'dude you gotta do this' and at first i was like 'ok i can deal this is pretty sweet' but now im like 'meh dont care'
its like paying money to be tied to your phone oh wait.....
but i couldnt speak to how that feels because i dont have a good phone i have a shitty phone and i dont really care that much but i may be getting a new one solely because people look at you all like :naswtf: when you actually call people or they are like 'look it up on your phone' and your like 'i cant - see' its this weird retarded consumer classicism
and the thing about fantasy football is that its like a really sub-optimal way of thinking about the game and so when you talk to dudes about whats going on in the game theyre like talking nonsense and im like 'yo he read that route wrong' but that is really not that fantasy applicable. you think it would be and shit but it mostly isnt. you are mostly spending time reading game books for match ups and yards given and looking at situations and coverages and while thats the best way to do it its a little bit of a waste of time because in the end you really dont know what kind of answers teams will have for opposing teams and i just dont get excited anymore whether im doing well or doing poorly i really only get excited for the fantasy draft because its like building a team and shit but the thing is is that its not really like building a real actual team which is dumb and highly sub-optimal because i want to draft my dream team not a goddamn fantasy team like who actually wants knowshon moreno on their nfl dream team? fucking nobody. but hes peytons rb and hes not fumbling at the goal line so thats that.

in sum; dont do it. im thinking of quitting or at least taking a more 'could give a fuck' approach to it. im tired of hearing about 'oh carson palmer against the chargers at home' like fucking means anything

Big Breeze

Post by Big Breeze »

:cheers:

I fucks with that answer. Fantasy sports? That's that shit I don't like.

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

If no fantasy football I would actually enjoy the NFL much more instead I have to hear about fantasy football approx. every 1.2 seconds on a sunday.

an-also

Post by an-also »

capable_keL wrote:an-also is better than all of us nerds

his sports takes are pure and not tainted with some bias fantasy crap
:gyeah:

Cash Rulz
Voice of Reason

Post by Cash Rulz »

Do exactly what I do now. Watch my team and one of the other games. MNF and TNF are going to get watched regardless.

The Rapping Coffin

Post by The Rapping Coffin »

Same. fantasy sport teams are like kids. I don't want one and i don't give a fuck about yours.