2013-14 NBA SEASON

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Re: 2013-14 NBA SEASON

Post by Reason »

this clippers comeback though
Nets 2022

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Blake has been fucking awesome this season

PEACE

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Wrong hoop

Boris.

Post by Boris. »

Did he try to explain this?
If you can't walk the walk, don't talk the talk.

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Wait, the Pelicans play in Smoothie King Arena? That's the best

PEACE

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

http://grantland.com/features/expected- ... analytics/

The NBA is quickly changing from the pro sport with the worst use of analytics and statistics into the best.

Kid That's Lifeless

Post by Kid That's Lifeless »

Looks like this year's dunk contest will feature TRoss, Barnes, Wall, PG, Ben McLemore, and Damian Lillard. Should be a shitfest.

alpha

Post by alpha »

Best lineup in years

Kid That's Lifeless

That's what everyone said last year when it was supposed to be Gerald Green and James White going head to head again, doing between the leg 360s from the foul line and shit.

alpha

Post by alpha »

Macklemore and lilliard are meh at best, but the first four can throw down. I'm in.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

Kinda shocked lillard , wall, and PG are doing it. I'd assume they were too established. That's pretty dope. Gerald green should be in it though.
Last edited by Blockhead on Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

I like how Grant keeps his job, despite wasting lottery picks on Tristan Thompson, Dion Waiters and Anthony Bennett, signing Andrew Bynum to millions of dollars for two weeks, rehiring Mike Brown's sorry ass and constructing a roster that is unable to compete amidst a conference full of tanking teams. But losing at home to an incomplete Lakers team and giving up a triple double to Steve Blake is a fireable offense.

PEACE

Hayzoos

Post by Hayzoos »

You don't think that Dan Gilbert is probably more to blame? Seems like he plays a pretty active role is what goes on with the Cavs and he is still hell bent on somehow avenging the loss of Lebron.
Spottin fools frontin fly

http://www.last.fm/user/fopomofo

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

I think everyone's to blame. I think Grant's hand was forced by Gilbert on a lot of decisions, because the owner was in a hurry to win and so the GM reacted brashly. I just think the timing of the firing is funny. If Gilbert wanted to fire Grant, there's been a case for it pretty much all year long. I dont know why a loss to the Lakers is the straw that broke the camel's back.

PEACE

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

3pt contest > dunk contest

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

peanut butter wrote:I think everyone's to blame. I think Grant's hand was forced by Gilbert on a lot of decisions, because the owner was in a hurry to win and so the GM reacted brashly. I just think the timing of the firing is funny. If Gilbert wanted to fire Grant, there's been a case for it pretty much all year long. I dont know why a loss to the Lakers is the straw that broke the camel's back.

PEACE
I don't understand your reasoning. The owner wants to win now (like every owner ever) so the GM felt forced to do his job well which resulted in him "brashly" making a series of terrible decisions that created a horrible team? I know you said everyone's to blame but I seriously doubt Gilbert forced any of the moves that were made. He might come off like a douche but he's not the meddling type. Do you think if Gilbert didn't "force Grant's hand" into some of these decisions, Grant would have done a better job? As if he wouldn't have tried to build a good team regardless of what the owner did? The guy made moves he thought were good because he's a fucking moron, not for any other excuse you can come up with.

Grant was the biggest problem here, maybe not specifically this year but during his overall tenure. When you're in the lottery year after year after year and you never get better, who's fault is that? I can't really blame Waiters, Thompson and Bennett because the truth is those guys suck. They sucked before they were drafted, they sucked when they got drafted, they suck now, and they're going to continue to suck as long as they're in the NBA. They were all awful picks at the time but it's not they're fault they were taken that high. Like you said, the timing might seem a little coincidental, but the sooner they got rid of Grant the better. Instead of those 3, they could have ended up with Klay Thompson/Kemba/Kawhi, Lilliard/Barnes/Drummond/Ross and Oladipo/MCW.

Thompson - so retarded offensively that he spent the offseason switching from his natural left hand to his right because hey, why the fuck not, he's so bad no one would even notice
Waiters - fat lazy headcase of a ballhog who couldn't start in college and does nothing but chuck from the perimeter; wasn't even worked out prior to drafting
Bennett - fat lazy tweener who, at best was thought to be Larry Johnson (which isn't good enough to be #1 overall anyway) but will turn out to be closer to Donyell Marshall

I'm not even going to get into Kyrie "I've never won anything ever and have more coaches killed than playoff appearances" or Mike "My biggest strength is alienating my best player and convincing my dumbass former roommate GM to rehire me" Brown.

Everything about this team fucking. Sucks. If they had the balls, they would cut their losses with Waiters and Thompson and maybe get lucky enough to get a mid first rounders for them. They should deal Irving for top 5 pick this summer (it's the best time to do it and there's no fucking way he stays...learn from what Utah did), deal Varejao, let Deng walk, fire Brown and just start over. Get a real GM if it costs you a fucking piece of the shithole city otherwise you're right back where you started. How you cannot make the playoffs in the worst Eastern Conference ever despite having 4 Top 5 picks in the last 3 years is beyond me. Do you know what a competent organization could do with that??
Quality stitched MLB, NBA, NFL, and soccer jerseys: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FanJerseyz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

:didntread:

PEACE

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

thibz/poppovich/carlisle

doc/spoelstra

vogel

jax/mike woodson
Nets 2022

Hayzoos

Post by Hayzoos »

Mark Jackson reminds me of every coach I had in high school. Except for the Goomba Italian ones. He needs to get back in the booth.

alpha

Post by alpha »

larry johnson pre-back injury was amazing, not sure what you mean there SR.

and do they flip Deng before the deadline or let him walk.

funny that Jax being forced to go small game is causing a spark for the team. I can't believe I gonna type this, but I can only wonder what Don Nelson would do with this roster.

holy shit at Shaq's hat, way to dress like a retard man.

Kid That's Lifeless

Hayzoos wrote:Mark Jackson reminds me of every coach I had in high school. Except for the Goomba Italian ones. He needs to get back in the booth.
:err: :err: :err: :err: :err:

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

shaq is annoying to me

the interaction with chuck tonight been weird
Nets 2022

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

he tried to avoid it but noah got mini-posterized by green just now
Nets 2022

Hayzoos

Post by Hayzoos »

Bulls offense is painful to watch

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Reason wrote:shaq is annoying to me

Shaq is awful on Inside. Corrupts the chemistry, adds no insight and isn't funny. I was devastated when he came back again. That should be CWebb's spot. The best thing about his presence is that Ernie openly despises him, and it's funny to see a nice guy like EJ try to be mean

PEACE

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

peanut butter wrote:
Reason wrote:shaq is annoying to me

Shaq is awful on Inside. Corrupts the chemistry, adds no insight and isn't funny. I was devastated when he came back again. That should be CWebb's spot. The best thing about his presence is that Ernie openly despises him, and it's funny to see a nice guy like EJ try to be mean

PEACE
:cheers:

anyway

The opening round — dubbed the “Freestyle Round” — will give the dunkers from the East and West 90 seconds to perform as many dunks as they like. All three dunkers from each conference will be dunking in the same 90-second window and they will be allowed to assist each other during the time period. Rather than handing out individual scores, as in past years, the judges will simply vote to choose a winning conference (East or West). The winning conference will then be able to decide whether they go first or second in the contest’s second round.

The second round — dubbed the “Battle Round” — will feature a series of one-on-one match-ups between an East dunker and a West dunker. The judges will determine who wins each match-up, and the loser will be eliminated. The first conference to win three match-ups will win the competition, and all three of its team members will be considered “Slam Dunk Contest champions.”

Finally, fans will be able to vote for a single “Dunker of the Night” via text message, Twitter and on NBA.com.
Nets 2022

jredd109

Post by jredd109 »

Req wrote:Raps now favs to meet Heat in conference finals :gyeah:
not if they keep getting those kyle lowry offensive fouls called against them...

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

One of my favorite sports memories of all time.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

http://grantland.com/features/expected- ... analytics/
Very interesting article on some new advanced stat.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

Fans should never be allowed to vote on anything. The dunk comp set up sounds pretty stupid. I dunno why the feel the need to complicate a simple thing.