2014-15 NBA Off-Season Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Re: 2014-15 NBA Off-Season Thread

Post by Blockhead »

Pacers gonna sign Rodney Stuckey. They really shit the bed with this one.
Also, what are they doing with Evan Turner?

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

Bulls should go after Jameer Nelson.

r233

Post by r233 »

Whats the best place to download old (or new) NBA games?
What if 87 never happened?

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

r233 wrote:Whats the best place to download old (or new) NBA games?
Don't know how "new" you're looking for, but this site is okay. (Ive used it for soccer shit, but it always has NBA stuff)

http://www.rojadirecta.me/

Hayzoos

Post by Hayzoos »

r233 wrote:Whats the best place to download old (or new) NBA games?
Tweak da leak seems to be the man to talk to if you need film, he has more film than anybody
Spottin fools frontin fly

http://www.last.fm/user/fopomofo

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

capable_keL wrote:
VideoKilledThe wrote:C'mon Kel.

Just the single fact that Wiggins will be practicing against Lebron on a daily basis will elevate his game.

Any advice, leadership, tutelage, LBJ can give him as a former #1 pick to help his development is only butter on his biscuits.
Of course, but l've heard folks (nobody here) say that playing along bron will instantly turn him Into a star. I didnt see him much in college, but after SL i have a few questions, mainly ball handling. For the record, i love him and would trade love/rubio for him. Playing aside LBJ doesnt automatically change anything instantly, there will be growing pains
I don't understand the relative hate from Kel.

I already liked Wiggins a lot going into the season. Yes, he's not a great ball handler yet that you'd want out of a number one option that is a swingman. However, I love Wiggins playing next to Lebron and, to a lesser extent, Kyrie. Even if Lebron doesn't take Wiggins under his wing and teach him to be a better player in a vacuum....he'll be a better player playing next to Lebron because Lebron makes other people around him better. Before Lebron got to Miami, Wade was never shooting 50% from the field. He gets other people good looks from outside and gets players easy lay ups. Wiggins will have a field day. Also, he can improve his ball handling. Paul George did so over an offseason.

Also, they'll both terrorize teams as the best defensive wingman tandem in the league. As a Knicks fan, I'm horrified that they can take turns guarding Melo next season.

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

Blockhead wrote:Pacers gonna sign Rodney Stuckey. They really shit the bed with this one.
Also, what are they doing with Evan Turner?
Stuckey was a quality cheap replacement, Ed Davis for Lakers another steal.
UBM CD COMING SOON

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

^Better than nothing for sure...but the pacers are now like 4/5th seed in the east. Especially if hibbert eats shit again this year.

alpha

Post by alpha »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:
Also, they'll both terrorize teams as the best defensive wingman tandem in the league. As a Knicks fan, I'm horrified that they can take turns guarding Melo next season.
This is what's up. Varejao will likely miss half the season as usual. But if he doesn't this could be a nice defensive team even with Kyrie. Although don't think Wiggins has the body(nh) to guard Melo or small PF's yet tho.

Gregg Popabitch

Blockhead wrote:^Better than nothing for sure...but the pacers are now like 4/5th seed in the east. Especially if hibbert eats shit again this year.
they have CJ Miles to play SG with Stuckey as well. A few NBA teams have had success piece mealing their SG slot this year. Evan Turner sucks btw.

Ed Davis is a nice low key move.

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

If I was Cavs I'd try and pry LaVine/Dieng and Love away for some combo of Wiggins/Bennett/Waiters + Haywood salary dump, has LaVine grown at all? I think he could be a Klay Thompson type defender if given the chance, plus when Varajao inevitably injures himself Dieng is a quality big that you can pair with KLove.
UBM CD COMING SOON

T Rav

Post by T Rav »

Don't you then leave Minnesota with a combo of Pek and Bennett as their C/PF? There's not way they let Dieng go with Love.
Buy my mixtape.

Gregg Popabitch

yeah, there's no way the wolves put lavine or dieng in the deal.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Gregg Popabitch wrote: I don't understand the relative hate from Kel
as I alluded to pages back, Wiggins will be on the wolves; my constructive criticism is based off limited viewing and I want to make sure we're getting value back for Love because I've been a klay thompson guy before he was drafted and that's who I really want.

since it will probably be wiggins I want to poke holes in his game to gauge the reaction. the fact he is a good defender makes me feel good about him coming, especially imagining him with rubio/LaVinee

btw, Deing is going to be playing some PF this year alongside of pekovic
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

Word out of Minn offices is they are willing to move Dieng in the Love/Wiggins swap, they have said a hard no on LaVine but that's just posturing.
UBM CD COMING SOON

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Tweak Da Leak wrote:Word out of Minn offices is they are willing to move Dieng in the Love/Wiggins swap, they have said a hard no on LaVine but that's just posturing.
:lol:

Hayzoos

Post by Hayzoos »

Lakers really cleaning up this summer, just signed Boozer :lol:

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

Adding Boozer to that dumpster fire is just amazing.

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

Still overpaid.
Quality stitched MLB, NBA, NFL, and soccer jerseys: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FanJerseyz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

so basically the bulls traded boozer for pau

lol

also, fuck the cavs if they trade wiggins. they are fucking asshats if they do that, and even worse if it's all because they are listening to every move the new GM they just signed for 2 years insists upon

i already feel bad for blatt
Nets 2022

Hayzoos

Post by Hayzoos »

Reason wrote:so basically the bulls traded boozer for pau

lol

also, fuck the cavs if they trade wiggins. they are fucking asshats if they do that, and even worse if it's all because they are listening to every move the new GM they just signed for 2 years insists upon

Except the Bulls are paying him 17 mil to play for the Lakers, so no.

Gregg Popabitch

Hayzoos wrote:

lol

Except the Bulls are paying him 17 mil to play for the Lakers, so no.
actually, the bulls are paying boozer 14 mill next year because the Lakers are paying 3.2 million. they are paying gasol 7.3 mill next year. So the Bulls are paying close to 22 mill for their starting PF next year.

Still a better investment than Amar'e. They are paying him 23 mill to do this next year:

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

hahahahah
Nets 2022

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

On Parker:

• Very good in the post, will be a handful to guard there.
• Was excellent in transition ... made some very difficult finishes at the rim.
• Streaky from the outside ... solid range from 15 to 18.
• Sneaky athleticism ... almost had the free-throw line dunk. I didn't know he could do that.

"He's a scorer. He pressed tonight, but made a couple of 'wow' moves. He played in a bit of a vacuum. He's much better when he's getting in a flow."

Parker on the Bucks is going to average so many points a game this year it will be hard to not give him ROY
Nets 2022

Gregg Popabitch

I think he's a streaky shooter off the dribble. If he plays with a PG or if Greek Freak makes plays for him (he's playing some PG in summer league), he'll be much more consistent as a spot up shooter or off one dribble.

I'm pretty sure I told you about the sneaky athleticism after I saw him at the Duke vs Zona game last year. If he ever cuts about 5-10 pounds of weight, he'll find another gear/level of explosion imo and still retain the same amount of strength because he has that old man/father strength.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

lol

what LeBron wants he gets

Gregg Popabitch

capable_keL wrote:

lol

what LeBron wants he gets
This is in reply to Rzn and agreeing with Kel if the rumors are true.

I don't think it's the GM as much as it's Lebron realizing he's going to be 30 at the end of next season and he can see the end of his prime. Wiggins will be good next year but Love is great now. I can see both sides of the equation even though I feel like if the Cavs stay the way they are, they can be kinda like the Spurs East in a year or two. A whole lot of young talent with a great player that is aging and showing these guys the ropes in terms of how to win. In the long run, this would be better for Lebron but not in the short term.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Greek Freak has looked pretty amazing this summer league

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

The Cavaliers and new coach David Blatt have stated privately and publicly that they would not deal Wiggins.

New coach David Blatt refuted the notion Cleveland would part with No. 1 draft pick Andrew Wiggins, above, in a deal for Kevin Love.
"That's why they call them rumors," Blatt said after a 96-90 Cavaliers loss to the Rockets that ended Cleveland's stint at the Las Vegas Summer League on Thursday night. "Sooner or later, in one's career, you're going have to deal with it. So if he has to deal with it now, then so be it. It's the summer league. He's learning everything as he goes along."

please let david blatt run shit, PLEASE
Nets 2022