Official European Football 2014-15 Regular Season Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Comedy Quaddafi

Re: Official European Football 2014-15 Regular Season Thread

Post by Comedy Quaddafi »

Bale - Falcao - Ronaldo
------Rodriguez

LOL

Go get Benz, Wenger.
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

Soooo strange seeing Balotelli in that kit.

Sterling is fucking incredible. What a menace every time he's on the ball.
Quality stitched MLB, NBA, NFL, and soccer jerseys: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FanJerseyz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Well, shows where are. Nothing in the final third. Even though Lovren and Sakho can be exposed.

Dier was sensational in the first two games, but real threats down the left are making it tough for him.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Jesus. Townsend :lol:

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

Great to win 3 - nil on the road when neither Sturridge or Balotelli score.

The Joe Allen pk call was embarrassingly bad. How he gets picked over Coutinho is ???

Alberto, and Sterling were both really impressive.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

VideoKilledThe wrote:Great to win 3 - nil on the road when neither Sturridge or Balotelli score.

The Joe Allen pk call was embarrassingly bad. How he gets picked over Coutinho is ???

Alberto, and Sterling were both really impressive.
Liverpool's Midfield squashed any threat Spurs might have had brewing, so the call to start Allen was pretty solid. Even though Capoue and Bentaleb were solid, Gerrard/Allen were just that much better.

Moreno was superb.

we looked as bad as QPR did last week.

Ah well.

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

I fucking hate Allen. Get his little faggot ass off the squad.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Only 3-0 at WHL this season...so it's an improvement from last year.

Does Townsend get sold? He was so embarrassing out there in the 20 or so minutes he played.

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

Sanogo is soooo bad.

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

Seriously, it's like a bad joke watching this team.
Quality stitched MLB, NBA, NFL, and soccer jerseys: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FanJerseyz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Vlad Analogue

Post by Vlad Analogue »

Lord, that was ugly. Ozil looks apoplectic. Santi is the only dude who was half decent on the day. Wtf.

Req

Post by Req »

apparently signing some new CB/DM called 'Falcao'

looks promising
F.U. MOOLAH

Comedy Quaddafi

Van Gaal will have fun trying to fit all the best attackers in to one team while leaving it to Fellaini, Jones and the fat kid from Southampton to screw it all up.

I doubt Arsenal will bring anyone in at this point. That means dogfight for fourth with United, Everton and Spurs.
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

Req wrote:apparently signing some new CB/DM called 'Falcao'

looks promising
:lol: I'm shocked at this signing, where the hell did it come from? I don't understand this or the Di Maria but when you sign two world class players you're bound to get better. But he's seriously sending them to the poorhouse with all this shit. They'd better pray they get into the Champions League or they could turn into Anzhi next summer.

City - Aguero, Jovetic, Dzeko, Negredo
Chelsea - Costa, Remy
Liverpool - Balotelli, Sturridge
United - Rooney, RVP, Falcao
Arsenal - Yaya So-no-goals? Joel Campbell, Lukas Podolski...sigh...

Comedy Quaddafi

We have a few makeshift strikers but we only have 6 defenders. A few injuries and we're playing Flamini as fullback and Monreal in the center.
- MB

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Falcao a season long loan, right?

We're linked to some senegalese winger who plays at Salzburg I think. Don't know anything about him.

Also, we won't be involved in a fight for fourth I'm afraid.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Sandro to QPR looking like a thing.

Lennon to Stoke too.

We do have far too many players right now.

lol @ literally no interest in Paulinho.

Y@k Bollocks
Location: I was wearing Sergio Tacchini before the internet existed

Post by Y@k Bollocks »

Comedy Quaddafi wrote:We have a few makeshift strikers but we only have 6 defenders. A few injuries and we're playing Flamini as fullback and Monreal in the center.
Been linked with Winston Reid for the last couple of transfer windows. Maybe that'll happen? He's very good. Would be gutted if he went.

Alex Song on loan was a nice surprise.

Comedy Quaddafi

Reid is a funny case because I remember him being quite decent in the Danish league before going abroad - not really a profile in the league though. Would sort our defense out but it won't happen.

I wonder how much Song has stagnated because he was quite good in his last season here. Add him to the long list of players who probably shouldn't have left.

Got my finger on the "Wenger Out"-button for the first time. Feeling like my hand will be forced.
- MB

Comedy Quaddafi

So... Welbeck?

I think he was one of United's better players last season. Has the physical qualities but his technique and mentality might hold him back. Would improve our press from high.

Not sure what his best position is either. Plays on the wings a lot but perhaps that's just for the sake of fitting him in for his workrate.

IDK how to feel but it's certainly better than no one and hes HG too. Might not go through still.
- MB

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

Same shit, different year with this club.

So you wait until the last minute (God knows why) to sign Welbeck for the same amount as Balotelli (who is 10x better) after passing on Remy for half as much (even though he's also better) after saying you didn't need a striker at all even after middling about against bottom feeders like Palace and Leicester.

You don't sign a defensive mid even because I guess Arteta and Flamini are so convincing. Oh wait, I forgot, Diaby is coming back better than ever too.

You don't sign a backup defender because you're obviously so deep there too.

God forbid you sign a world class striker because there's only room for one out-and-out forward on the roster. And God forbid you bring someone in to challenge him or even cover him while he's injured even though he sucks and needs replacing anyway.

They've spent more on a backup goalie than they have on a true forward up until this point. There's 47 wingers and attacking midfielders though.

Welbeck will never been worth the amount their paying for him and when they realize how average he is like everyone else does, they'll sell him for half what they paid. Great bit of business there.

If anyone out there still thinks Arsenal are a top club, please come forward so the rest of us can point and laugh at you. You're as delusional as Wenger.

Comedy Quaddafi

Welbeck to outscore Balotelli and Remy in all comps. Calling it now.

Great window for us. We're left short in defense in terms of numbers, but there's still time to bring someone in on a free or perhaps Wenger rates someone from the academy. Would have liked a midfielder but Wenger fancies Chambers there and perhaps he hopes Diaby can contribute too.

Then again nothing is official yet so who knows what actually going on right now.

We replaced Sagna, Fabianski and Vermaelen and brought in Welbeck and Alexis while also getting Campbell back from loan. Our attack is a lot better and Chambers is far better than Vermaelen and more versatile, while Ospina and Debuchy are both solid replacements.
- MB

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

Maybe he was out at that charity event trying to beg someone out of retirement?

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Come on man. Welbeck is better than Remy.

Req

Post by Req »

I can tell you quantifiably that United fans, while being excited for Falcao, are pissed we had to let Welbeck go. That's how much we value him.

I stand by what I said earlier. With Arsenal's midfield wealth plus Ox/Walcott/Sanchez playing off him, dude could make a killing in the box.
F.U. MOOLAH

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

I look forward to being proven wrong. Butttttttt, I won't be. And just because he scores more in all comps than either Balo or Remy doesn't mean he's better than either of them.

Comedy Quaddafi

^ So what will it take? How many goals/assists in 40 apps with 25-30 starts?

Welbeck is better than Remy in every way. Balotelli is more talented than him but not necessarily a better player taking everything in to account.
- MB

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

Comedy Quaddafi wrote:^ So what will it take? How many goals/assists in 40 apps with 25-30 starts?

Welbeck is better than Remy in every way. Balotelli is more talented than him but not necessarily a better player taking everything in to account.
I don't care how many goals he scores so long as the club has some bite in the attack. If it comes directly from him or from him opening things up for Sanchez and whomever else, that's fine. I don't have a number expectation. Everyone says he's more suited to play through the middle so I'm looking forward to seeing what sort of potential he allegedly has.

Better in every way? That's kind of silly to say. Remy is a pure finisher (loads better than Welbeck) and a true #9 who single-handedly saved a shitty Newcastle club from relegation last year. He's proven he can handle the physicality of Premier League defending and the pressure of being a lone striker while also carrying a decent track record of scoring in European competition, none of which can be said about Welbeck.

It's not just that they signed Welbeck, whatever you may think of him. It's the manner in which they did it, again waiting till the last minute (even needing an extension to push it through) even though he was available for weeks ahead of time. It's obvious he wasn't their first choice, or even second or probably 3rd, 4th, or 5th. They overpaid because he's English (which to be fair everyone does) yet they place such importance on "value" with Balo and Remy proving much better options financially. It was a complete desperation move (yet again) and if he comes true, that's great but let's not pretend like Arsenal had that vision about him forever.

Comedy Quaddafi

He is not overpriced. 16m is very reasonable for a young international forward with years of experience at the highest level. I think he will provide better value for money than either of Balo or Remy.

It was only done through extension because we had to wait for United to sort their deal out. But it was obviously an opportunistic signing of someone Wenger has rated for a while. He became available and United reluctantly let him go and more or less sold the last bit of heart the club had left, which is hilarious.
- MB

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

Joe Gyau will play for the USMNT in the 2018 WC. Book it!