2014 NFL WEEK 2

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Stoned Starks

Re: 2014 NFL WEEK 2

Post by Stoned Starks »

Wilson and the O were not the problem. They had over 7 yards per play, but only 8 possessions. San Diego did a crazy job converting 3rd downs and falling on their fumbles. Oh and Antonio Gates had an amazing game. Avoiding turnovers, keeping the D on the field and getting clutch performances from your QB and skill positions is how you beat the Seahawks. Unfortunately for most teams those three things happening at once are a rarity.

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

Kaep blew the game, Seattle's offense avg 1.2 pts per minute they had the ball.
UBM CD COMING SOON

ric

Post by ric »

Re Seahawks
The way I see it the offensive efficacy was not there partly because they ought to have and would have possessed longer if their shit was on point but they're evolving from what they were and that's a tough road to climb. That is how I see the offensive performance for them. They started the game pass first. To me that's what I'm going to be hanging my hat on here. Last season they would have ground out possession time and field position and played an inherently defensive game (maybe there's a better way to characterize it than 'defensive' but you get what I'm saying). But at the start of this game they went to the pass probably partly because (and I don't really remember this that well) sd was giving them pre snap run stopping looks and what I think the new offense is to take what the d gives pre snap which requires a ton of coordination between the players and seems to require everyone to not only see the same thing but execute at game speed which is probably a hard thing to do. I mean these wrs aren't Wes welker and Russell made his bones in college and pros mostly handing the ball off and running play action. But I think the coaching staff believes that they will have to change up in order to win games because remember marshawn was getting hit in the backfield all throughout the second half of last season and that's partly because everyone knows what's coming. And not only will the players have to execute hard stuff well enough the design really does have to be there and that's one thing that the Seahawks really haven't had to do since zone run + play action + defense + special teams pretty much designs itself really (not exactly but you get my point; but this new stuff seems to require a ton of thought and teaching). Now that I am thinking about it the new system is probably why Carroll wanted to 're-train' the staff this past off season

Edit See against gb they could just grind it out because gbs d is like Swiss cheese especially with raji out but look at the quality of d in the division and look at the bloodbathesque games against stl and 49 and even az. They really do have to change up. I mean would you bet this season on another lucky seam route catch on 4th down (for td no less) in the nfc champ game? They have to evolve. 49 have to be thinking the same thing. I mean they had a hard time beating even mediocre teams last couple years because last year their offense did not produce enough yardage on a per play basis and they happened to have some amazing defensive shit going on kaepernick and boldin were able to magic up some big plays. Both teams strategy last year was to play trench warfare and edge the other guy out but they've probably realized they just can't keep that up and expect championships when the eagles got no shit 6.3 yds/play and they switched qbs in the middle of the year which took a solid 5-7 weeks to really get good (which is another thing the rest of the league has to be running scared about and dodging around like crazy bitches trying to replicate) they got tons of yards had tons of points and had the least avg time of possession by far and they cut the tempo for foles. Just imagine what it would've looked like if Vick had worked out