Keeper League Jr. (2014)

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Tommy Bunz

Re: Keeper League Jr. (2014)

Post by Tommy Bunz »

But on another note, I'm pretty bummed that I only placed second but I only have myself to blame. I reclaimed first with just a few days to go, then made two terrible spot starts (fuck you forever Jeff Locke), then got drunk as a skunk Saturday night and didn't wake up in time on Sunday to put Hamels into my rotation on the last day of the season. I don't think anyone's ever sabotaged their own team as much as I did last week. FML.

Congrats to justin. Guess this is what I get for not listening to gloss's pleas to replace him as a manager in the offseason :lol:

Picking keepers next year is going to be a nightmare, cause i have like 6 locks for keepers, and then like 12 guys that would be keepers on a lot of teams but are all similar in value.

Locks:
Pujols
Bautista
Beltre
Marte
Hamels
Wainwright

Lucroy
Andrus
Utley
Ortiz
Span
Lynn
Kennedy
Latos
Roark
Papelbon
+ Lee and Corbin depending on what they look like in spring training

Dwight Strawberry

Post by Dwight Strawberry »

2015 Keepers...and I'm on the clock!

Robinson Cano
Joey Votto
Starlin Castro
David Wright
Michael Brantley
Christian Yelich
Anibal Sanchez
James Shields
Dallas Keuchel
Choo ??
Tillman ??
Rios ??

Teams gonna blow dick. Can't wait!

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

1. carlos gomez
2. corey dickerson
3. chris carter
4. lucas duda
5. jay bruce
6. alex cobb
7. alex wood
8. tyson ross
9. carlos carrasco
10. alexei ramirez
11. doolittle if i want saves or smyly if i want starter depth or gomes if i want a top 5 catcher

in my estimation barring injuries:

strengths: k/9, low era, low whip, above average power
weaknesses: no infielders other than alexei, below average stolen bases, low saves, low average

i have to draft speedy infielders and closers. i am excited to try to finish top three again and anything less than 6th next year will be abject failure
Nets 2022

alpha

Post by alpha »

Crush Davis
Kinsler
Frazier
Ellsbury
Tavares
Hamilton
Myers
Gray
Fister
Ventura
Tanaka

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Looking forward to next year but not looking forward to keeping 11. Anyone wants to trade holla.

​Fantasy Keepers

1 Giancarlo Stanton (OF)
2 Cargo (OF)
3 Yu Darvish (SP)
4 Dee Gordon (2B/SS)
5 Chris Sale (SP)
6 Victor Martinez (1B)
7 Max Shrerzer (SP)
8 Aroldis Chapman (RP)
9 Dellin Betances (RP)
10 Mookie Betts (2B/SS/OF)
11 Joc Pederson (OF)
12 Jason Kipnis (2B)
13 Maikel Franco (3B/1B)
14 Ken Giles (RP)
15 David Robertson (RP)
16 Brian McCann (C)
​​17 Glen Perkins (RP)
18 Gio Gonzalez (SP)​

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

Tommy Bunz wrote:All of those moves traded at what you perceived the players values to be, and not the way the league/rest of humanity perceived the players value. Did you sell on a couple players at the right time? Sure. You were wrong on just as many others. You should have gotten a much bigger haul for all the talent you traded away, and you would have if you would have actually shopped them around the league.
This is the one thing that i keep telling him but I think he ignores this for whatever reason. it's pretty ridiculous and could be the difference between third place and possibly a second and first place finish.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

i simply lost some trades and won some others bottom line and won out more than i lost. and i was trolling anyway - idont think anything played a bigger role in my 3rd place finish than luck

but i was trolling because tommy criticized every single trade i did without EVER acknowledging he was dead fucking wrong about many of the criticisms. accountability, bitches. he tried to come at me like "LOL REMEMBER GRADY SIZEMORE" but i posted in this very same thread that i fucked that deal up and was wrong about grady because i was. bunz and some others just criticize and analyse without ever once being honest about how fucking wrong they were, it is like listening to someone tell you what you did was stupid, have the tesults turn out to prove them wrong, then stubbornly ignore the ten things he was wrong about and instead rehash the same three things he was right about.

oh and yea, my roster started the season OBVIOUSLY first or second place caliber and clearly my moves knocked me down to third place

:roll:
Nets 2022