THE OFFICIAL 2015 SUPER BOWL THREAD

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

GUCCI CONDOMS

Re: 2014 NFL Playoffs

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Reason wrote:how pissed is the nfl and fans lol

instead of manning/broncos vs brady/pats you get this shitfest
Pats would have destroyed Denver too

DLG

Re: THE OFFICIAL 2015 SUPER BOWL THREAD

Post by DLG »

why is killer defense vs. killer offense a shitfest?

I mean, I hate both teams, but it should be a good game.

Kid That's Lifeless

Post by Kid That's Lifeless »

Think RZN is referring to Colts/Pats not the SB.

alpha

Post by alpha »

DLG wrote:why is killer defense vs. killer offense a shitfest?

I mean, I hate both teams, but it should be a good game.
This.

Joe Pesci

Post by Joe Pesci »

Cheaters gonna cheat

alpha

Post by alpha »

Deflate-triots

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

The sb is gonna be a great game, Vegas currently has the spread set as a pick em. Not sure why people are complaining.

ric

Post by ric »

here's a weird thing though. the pats may have but probably didn't deflate footballs.
the punishment? lost draft picks.
not a ban from the playoffs. not a potential strip or re-awarding of a superbowl trophy
lost draft picks. maybe lots of em.
for a team that is constantly picking 25-32 in the draft. for a team that is renowned for their unwillingness to pay players out of free agency and then getting them to come over anyway and then always going deep....
i mean if the entire league isn't bowing down to belichick what the fuck do they really worship?

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

Post by eternalreflection »

ric wrote:both of these teams deserved to be there.

Seahawks played about 50-55 minutes of awful to mediocre football. but they never quit and they were scrapping by the whole game. they got super lucky multiple times and they were hanging by the slow motion frame rate in a drowning fast scene and then played like 4 minutes of good football get the onside get the coin flip and drive to win. the story is amazing

the Packers played 30 minutes of mostly very good football with a few key mistakes. then they played 23 minutes of totally pedestrian but better than their opponent football albeit in probably a suboptimal strategy. then they disappeared completely at the same moment their opponent is getting a second/first wind of efficacy. then apparently Bostic goes for the catch on the onside when he's supposed to be blocking. countdown to meltdown? like 4 minutes of game time + overtime
No the moral of the story is Coaching Matters. Belichek never loses that game

Healthy Rodgers probably would have been enough as well

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Re: 2014 NFL Playoffs

Post by capable_keL »

Race Car Bed Sleeping Rapist Virgin wrote:wilson = most overrated qb in the NFL
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

Sumthin_Funky

Post by Sumthin_Funky »

There should be an asterisk next to rodgers. And yes, I'm still salty.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Only 11-12 balls were deflated by NE

Joe Pesci

Post by Joe Pesci »

Goodell will run to their rescue since he's Kraft's lap dog, no worries.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

deflated balls or not, how does anyone explain that 45-7 score? its like they cheat even when they dont have to.

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

Philaflava wrote:deflated balls or not, how does anyone explain that 45-7 score? its like they cheat even when they dont have to.
It's hard to quantify just how big the edge they gain here. Most TD drives in the NFL could be stopped by changing a single reception into an incomplete

They win that game regardless. As an organization they have repeatedly shown they are willing to push the limits of what is allowed. Mostly they get away without any actual punishment too.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

belichick runs an organization where cheating is not frowned upon. I'm sure deflated balls were only one of the things he was doing.

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

Makes me sick to my stomach, impossible to say what the impact was, but like Kel said, who knows what else they pulled/have pulled in the past. If you're willing to risk something like that in an AFC championship game it's seems obvious to me that it's not the first time it's been done. And if the impact is minimal and doesn't affect the game then why the fuck would you be doing it. The Colts offense had legit footballs and totally shit the bed, but it was a 17-7 game at halftime. If the footballs helped the Pats sustain a handful of drives in the 2nd half, then that's huge, with more possessions/better field position who's to say the Colts couldn't have at least made it a game.

The Hoodie Era Patriots have officially lost all benefit of the doubt from NFL fans who aren't Patriot fans. Everyone will assume they are cheating on some level going forward no matter how small the impact, and with good reason.

My wife is a Pats fan and I'll usually root for them when the Colts aren't involved because I like to see her happy, but as long as Hoodie is running things, I can't do it anymore.

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

Deflated footballs had nothing to do with the Pats defense shutting down Luck n Co. 7 points had nothing to do with deflated footballs.

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

Agreed, but it may have helped the Pats O stay on the field and not turn the ball over. The Colts may have done jack shit with extra possessions/plays...but we don't KNOW that. We also don't KNOW that the deflated balls helped the Pats O either...but why the fuck would they do it if they didn't think it would?

:icedit:

I was reading the wetzel article http://sports.yahoo.com/news/on-scale-o ... 54658.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; as I was making the last two posts. I didn't realize the balls were checked at halftime, so if they were inflated to normal levels at halftime (which is undetermined at this point), it certainly didn't have an impact on the game, but that doesn't make it any less wrong, especially when the NFL team most synonymous with cheating was the team doing it.
Last edited by unclebengi on Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wheels

Post by wheels »

Didn't Blount run for 3 TDs? Maybe he was able to hold on to the ball a little bit better, but from what I understand this biggest advantage is passing and catching. At least according to Godgers.

So that's still 21-7.

I actually applaud all the cheating. Why not? There's really no consequences for getting caught, and good guys finish last.

Jayou Ayen

Post by Jayou Ayen »

If people are going to use the score of the game to nullify the impact of deflation, then what about the Ravens game?
That was only a 4 point game.
But as Joe Pesci stated, Raj isn't going to do anything to his good friend.

Take it up with Gloss, you White Piece of Shit.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

The NFL needs to grow a pair and toss the Pats from the playoffs. What about all the children that are watching this and now think its cool to cheat?

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

regardless of outcome they still broke the rules, i mean they were going to eject lynch for wearing gold shoes for fucks sake.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

this is the end for goodell. he can't really do much and even if he can, it won't be enough. he will get crucified because he is soft and influenced.

ric

Post by ric »

hood still dominates. the cheating is honestly part of the package at this point. if the league isn't really going to do anything about it is it really cheating?

if you reorient how you observe what is happening the idea of the cheat doesn't really apply just like it essentially doesn't apply to corporations who do cost/qualitative analysis on their law breaking or close to law breaking activities. they get caught then they keep doing it because the benefits are too great. in that world and now in the nfl cheating is reframed as finding the edge. the legal system/league is no longer the makers of the 'rules' they just decide punitive action if their appears an event that they have been made aware of that they disagree with (which is also susceptible to process ie political cartels)

i mean really the Colts should be awarded a trip to the superbowl in an actually fair world.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Philaflava wrote:this is the end for goodell. he can't really do much and even if he can, it won't be enough. he will get crucified because he is soft and influenced.
well, goodell let a guy who killed a guy with his car play all year. suspended a guy who disciplined his child for a year and let's the hood do what he wants. it's hard to get a read on what he'll do next

i predict nothing.

if any team can survive losing draft picks, it's the Deflatriots

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

funny thing is the NFL has basically shown they can do whatever they want with punishment like ADP where the reneg on a deal and just say fuck off

sending the Colts to the superbowl is too far imo

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

be consistent

that's all i want.

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

eternalreflection wrote:funny thing is the NFL has basically shown they can do whatever they want with punishment like ADP where the reneg on a deal and just say fuck off

sending the Colts to the superbowl is too far imo
For the game to have any integrity the colts have to go.

I will tell you why the NFL fights like hell to stop the spread of sports books because they might actually be held accountable. The books have to take the Superbowl off the board and if they don't Nevada Regulators need to step and do so. How can anyone know that this is any more on the up and up then WWF? I would say NBC should show some integrity and decline to air it but they wont.

Anyone that cheers on baseball hacks ignoring the games greatest because of PED but watches the Superbowl is a hypocrite and are bullshit on morality.