2014-15 Official NBA Season Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Tweak Da Leak

Re: 2014-15 Official NBA Season Thread

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

Reason wrote:
alpha wrote:well here's a thought. They never sign a marquee FA and they build around Drummond. It's Orlando all over again. Playing Devil's Advocate here as I agree 100% with your post RZN.
i'm not a big fan of monroe but you could not have paired a better big man with greg monroe than drummond. it's a perfect big man marriage in so many ways it's eerie (right down to greg monroe being left handed and left-dominant vs andre who goes right or center)...so it will be interesting what happens with monroe

so if jennings gets consistent and caldwell-pope continues to develop it will take a couple offseason transactions and a good draft pick to really start getting into that mid-tier 4th-5th seed lane

and you draft a guard as insurance to jennings if you don't want to re-sign him in 1.5 years and also preferably a good enough player to help your team 'now' as well,

in this scenario, say they get the last playoff spot according to record and get the 15th pick in the draft

some options: terry rozier, isaiah taylor, jerian grant, delon wright

OR

they tank or semi-tank or just suck, miss the playoffs, and get the 10th pick in the draft.

some options: trey lyles, mario hezonja, montrezl harrell, kevon looney, kristaps porzingis, willie cauley-stein,

if it were up to me i would tank, get a high pick in an underrated draft, don't re-sign monroe and let someone else give him lots of money, draft willie cauley-stein and develop his outside jumper and a couple post-moves to effectively replace monroe (or do the same with whatever other quality big men may be available to them, okafor obviously being the most attractive to fit with a guy like drummond but that would just be crazy luck to get the #1 pick) while simultaneously giving drummond more usage in the paint to maximize him

then pray jennings is consistent or let him go too after next year and sign a dope pg or maybe they'll suck next year and get a good drafted pg who knows
Monroe and Drummond don't even play many minutes together, SVG runs the same type of system he ran in Orlando with one of the two big man anchoring a more perimeter offense with some pnr action on the wings.
UBM CD COMING SOON

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

Tweak Da Leak wrote: Monroe and Drummond don't even play many minutes together, SVG runs the same type of system he ran in Orlando with one of the two big man anchoring a more perimeter offense with some pnr action on the wings.
smh, not you, piru. how could you ever doubt me?

http://www.basketball-reference.com/pla ... y=diff_pts" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

i've watched quite a few pistons games, though not all from start to finish, and especially during their hot streak, don't ever think i'm gonna make a well-thought out post without making sure i can support my shit all types of ways
Nets 2022

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

yeah, piru is not talking straight according to 82games.com either

b. johnson

Post by b. johnson »

Reason wrote:
alpha wrote:well here's a thought. They never sign a marquee FA and they build around Drummond. It's Orlando all over again. Playing Devil's Advocate here as I agree 100% with your post RZN.
i'm not a big fan of monroe but you could not have paired a better big man with greg monroe than drummond. it's a perfect big man marriage in so many ways it's eerie (right down to greg monroe being left handed and left-dominant vs andre who goes right or center)...so it will be interesting what happens with monroe

so if jennings gets consistent and caldwell-pope continues to develop it will take a couple offseason transactions and a good draft pick to really start getting into that mid-tier 4th-5th seed lane

and you draft a guard as insurance to jennings if you don't want to re-sign him in 1.5 years and also preferably a good enough player to help your team 'now' as well,

in this scenario, say they get the last playoff spot according to record and get the 15th pick in the draft

some options: terry rozier, isaiah taylor, jerian grant, delon wright

OR

they tank or semi-tank or just suck, miss the playoffs, and get the 10th pick in the draft.

some options: trey lyles, mario hezonja, montrezl harrell, kevon looney, kristaps porzingis, willie cauley-stein,

if it were up to me i would tank, get a high pick in an underrated draft, don't re-sign monroe and let someone else give him lots of money, draft willie cauley-stein and develop his outside jumper and a couple post-moves to effectively replace monroe (or do the same with whatever other quality big men may be available to them, okafor obviously being the most attractive to fit with a guy like drummond but that would just be crazy luck to get the #1 pick) while simultaneously giving drummond more usage in the paint to maximize him

then pray jennings is consistent or let him go too after next year and sign a dope pg or maybe they'll suck next year and get a good drafted pg who knows
i'm not going to front like i've watched a lot of pistons games. However....

-Monroe is solid and worth the cost. definintely sign him...especially if you are saying he compliments drummond.
-brandon jennings will never be consistent. he's never shown the consistency and more importantly he has never shown the desire/work ethic to take it to the next level.
-why would you tank just to get 10th seed? i believe it was you that said that the playoff experience in itself would be worth it. especially when you consider that they are in the east...they could mess around and win the first round.
-I really hate that teams put so much emphasis on long term goals (3-5 years)...the reality is no one knows how good or bad anyone is going to be in the future (injuries and etc.). this is what leads to tanking and other shit that should really not be acceptable in the most watched/talented/etc basketball league in the world. nba has to be more nfl like and accept that you have to work with what you have today...trade less, draft heavily on skill/work ethic less on potential, develop players, develop teams, and compete.
-with all that being said...except for jennings, pistons have a solid core to make a serious run (young and talented). pay the players fair market value and develop a team. i would argue that the pistons have a much best chance of making a deep playoff run with their current core rather than tanking, letting monroe walk, and hoping for a solid draft pick to replace him.

b. johnson

Post by b. johnson »

also Kobe's torn some other shit

and

Aldridge is out for 6-8 weeks

and curry beat lebron for all star votes. I know it's irrelevant, but i'm just really surprised at curry's popularity. i didn't know he was so big outside of northern cali.

Kid That's Lifeless

Post by Kid That's Lifeless »

Why the fuck is this game on TNT

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

b. johnson wrote: and curry beat lebron for all star votes. I know it's irrelevant, but i'm just really surprised at curry's popularity. i didn't know he was so big outside of northern cali.
I think he's a really perfect star for the league. Compared to a freak like Bron, who looks genetically programmed to play and is capable of doing things that no one else can dream of, it's nice to have a normal sized human superstar with a skill set that seems remotely attainable. Kids can practice forever and never have a shot of doing what Bron can. But you spend enough time in the gym, there's a hope at least that you might be able to become the most cold blooded shooter the games ever seen

PEACE

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

I HATE Monroe. He has skills, but he also has a game where it is very hard to find a good front court pair for him. You need someone who can protect the paint on D and also be able to hit a long jumper on offense. Ibaka's are not a dime a dozen. Also, think him and Drummond make for a too crowded paint on offense.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

I said it last year and I'll say it again. The NBA sucks these days. Too many health issues. Too many chemistry problems. Pussy ass soft shit these days too.

alpha

Post by alpha »

Csb. Thanks for stopping by.

Hayzoos

Post by Hayzoos »

:lol:
Spottin fools frontin fly

http://www.last.fm/user/fopomofo

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

I look at basketball the same way I look at NYC, even when it's at its worst, it's still the best by a large margin.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

Kobe done for the season. I guess gloss is right!

Sumthin_Funky

Post by Sumthin_Funky »

Blockhead wrote:Kobe done for the season. I guess gloss is right!
as a laker fan, this was awesome news.

Hayzoos

Post by Hayzoos »

Collectively, how do Lakers fans feel about Kobe at this point?

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

kobe won't let go
Nets 2022

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

wiggins vs the brow

:jerk:
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

JVG just crushing Chicago management on behalf of Thibs.
Quality stitched MLB, NBA, NFL, and soccer jerseys: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FanJerseyz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

Really wish I could watch that Hawks/Thunder game right now

Hayzoos

Post by Hayzoos »

Klay Thompson going nuts right now

Hayzoos

Post by Hayzoos »

This is retarded omg

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

My Jesus is light skinded tho

PEACE

b. johnson

Post by b. johnson »

peanut butter wrote:
b. johnson wrote: and curry beat lebron for all star votes. I know it's irrelevant, but i'm just really surprised at curry's popularity. i didn't know he was so big outside of northern cali.
I think he's a really perfect star for the league. Compared to a freak like Bron, who looks genetically programmed to play and is capable of doing things that no one else can dream of, it's nice to have a normal sized human superstar with a skill set that seems remotely attainable. Kids can practice forever and never have a shot of doing what Bron can. But you spend enough time in the gym, there's a hope at least that you might be able to become the most cold blooded shooter the games ever seen

PEACE

never thought of this angle, but i agree. i'm also proud of lowry as well.

can't believe klay...just wow.

Jayou Ayen

Post by Jayou Ayen »

peanut butter wrote:My Jesus is light skinded tho

Take it up with Gloss, you White Piece of Shit.

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

Post by eternalreflection »

peanut butter wrote:

PEACE
You can make a decent case he's played better than Lebron as well, who had his worst 1/2 season in a decade. I think a lot is playing with toxic cancer Kevin Love(holy shit was that a bad idea lol)

GG golden state for not falling for that trap
Last edited by eternalreflection on Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

Coincidence of the Night
Klay and his father, Mychal, each got to be a part of points-in-a-quarter history at Oakland Coliseum.

Mychal Thompson played in the game in which Sleepy Floyd set the NBA playoff record for points in a quarter with 29 for the Warriors against Thompson's Lakers.
Nets 2022

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

Klay read gloss' post and was like nah man.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

On the flipside you bay dudes could be watching Love put up 17 points...a game.

hustler

Post by hustler »

Reason wrote:Coincidence of the Night
Klay and his father, Mychal, each got to be a part of points-in-a-quarter history at Oakland Coliseum.

Mychal Thompson played in the game in which Sleepy Floyd set the NBA playoff record for points in a quarter with 29 for the Warriors against Thompson's Lakers.
really wish i could put this fuckboy on ignore. what a fucking meaningless and pointless coincidence.
thekeentwo wrote:hustler we can totally have sex

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Love when NFL season is over because that means NBA comes back to Sundays

PEACE