2014-15 Official NBA Season Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

b. johnson

Re: 2014-15 Official NBA Season Thread

Post by b. johnson »

and kudos to whoever posted the cousins and westbrook clips. i seriously could not stop laughing.

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Hawks also shot like 20 more FTs than the Dubs. That's not sustainable, and the difference of the game decided by the zebras. Not one to blame the refs, but that's a crazy differential

Totally agree that Draymond needs to be reeled in. He's clearly gassed off himself and could use to be reminded that he's a supporting actor in the show, not the main event

PEACE

alpha

Post by alpha »

But didn't Draymond have like 12 pts 19 boards and like 6 assists? Granted I missed the game due to prior obligations. Agree he's fallen off a bit but the box score looked good tonight

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

b. johnson wrote: -Antic is terrible. how did he make it to the NBA (granted i've only seen him a few times).
it is even funnier when you consider they gave major minutes to zaza pachulia for multiple years...stop playing wack foreign big men, atl
Nets 2022

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

naturalborn103 wrote:Anthony Davis just hit game winning double clutch 3 pointer to win with no time left over Durant and Westbrook.
mvp race is the tightest in YEARS. four guys are completely justifiable, one is slightly and only not completely because he was hurt so much and his team's record sucks (relatively) but i'll still throw him in b/c if he continues at the pace of the last couple weeks nobody will argue with me

five way tie for mvp

lebron
anthony davis
james harden
steph curry
russ

in no particular order
Nets 2022

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

No way Davis will win MVP. But he is the best player in the league

PEACE

b. johnson

Post by b. johnson »

peanut butter wrote:No way Davis will win MVP. But he is the best player in the league

PEACE
this year's mvp race does not include Davis. Davis is not the best player in the league, either. one day, but not this year. my mid-season rank would be:

curry
westbrook
harden
lebron

but if lebron keeps up his play, and cavs continue to win, he will get the MVP.

EDIT:

I don't get to watch many pelicans games, but i don't get why they don't have a MUCH better record. their roster is extremely solid and on paper their record should be similar to the clippers, mavs, and etc. they've had multiple years to bond, yet they still don't really have an identity. If Davis is a top 5 player in the league and they have holiday, anderson, gordon, evans, etc. etc. they are def. underperforming.

alpha

Post by alpha »

You need to see more pellies games. You'll see why they're not better.

Davis isn't the best player in the league, not at all. When he starts making his teammates better than we can talk.

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

b. johnson wrote:
peanut butter wrote:No way Davis will win MVP. But he is the best player in the league

PEACE
this year's mvp race does not include Davis. Davis is not the best player in the league, either. one day, but not this year. my mid-season rank would be:

curry
westbrook
harden
lebron

EDIT:

I don't get to watch many pelicans games, but i don't get why they don't have a MUCH better record. their roster is extremely solid and on paper their record should be similar to the clippers, mavs, and etc. they've had multiple years to bond, yet they still don't really have an identity. If Davis is a top 5 player in the league and they have holiday, anderson, gordon, evans, etc. etc. they are def. underperforming.
Monty Williams is probably one of the 3 worst coaches in the league, and deserves a majority of the blame for why they are so garbage

PEACE

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

True.

Also, holiday been hurt a bunch, Gordon is shell of former self, and Evans still puts his head down and just goes. Davis doesn't have a guy who can feed him like he should.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

^ :leon:
There are times in the game where davis won't touch the ball for an entire corner. How do you not call plays for your best player?

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Yeah. I think Corbin, Brooks and Williams are probably the holy trinity of awful coaches in the league right now. Either not doing enough to get production from a talented roster, or just being a garbage coach. Shaw in Denver seems pretty bad too, but that roster is such a clusterfuck, I dont know whats fair to expect.

PEACE

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

peanut butter wrote:
b. johnson wrote:

PEACE

curry
westbrook
harden
lebron

EDIT:

Monty Williams is probably one of the 3 worst coaches in the league, and deserves a majority of the blame for why they are so garbage

PEACE

dude b johnson u bugging no offense

besides waht pb said about monty:

evans is amazing in the rucker league or pro-am league but just another player in the nba. he has never been and is not a winning player. he's terribly inefficient at a high volume.

eric gordon challenges deron williams on a daily basis for "biggest fall off from grace"

ryan anderson had a major injury last year (right after his beloved girlfriend committed suicide) and he is almost back but even so he was NEVER a major winning cog, always someone real heads saw as a bench scorer or stretch 4, he is not that good

davis is playing with bums. holiday is the lone exception, and even has clear flaws that hold him back from a higher status and level
Nets 2022

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

peanut butter wrote:Yeah. I think Corbin, Brooks and Williams are probably the holy trinity of awful coaches in the league right now. Either not doing enough to get production from a talented roster, or just being a garbage coach. Shaw in Denver seems pretty bad too, but that roster is such a clusterfuck, I dont know whats fair to expect.

PEACE
does vaughn escape this b/c he got fired? otherwise if he can count for the season, he's top 5 lol

honestly despite all of the limitations roster-wise, you HAVE to give d-fisher some consideration on this list right now. i'd also say the same about lionel hollins but at least he has the balls to make certain lineup changes to steal some wins we normally wouldn't have gotten this year
Nets 2022

b. johnson

Post by b. johnson »

Reason wrote:
peanut butter wrote:
b. johnson wrote:

PEACE

curry
westbrook
harden
lebron

EDIT:

PEACE

dude b johnson u bugging no offense

besides waht pb said about monty:

evans is amazing in the rucker league or pro-am league but just another player in the nba. he has never been and is not a winning player. he's terribly inefficient at a high volume.

eric gordon challenges deron williams on a daily basis for "biggest fall off from grace"

ryan anderson had a major injury last year (right after his beloved girlfriend committed suicide) and he is almost back but even so he was NEVER a major winning cog, always someone real heads saw as a bench scorer or stretch 4, he is not that good

davis is playing with bums. holiday is the lone exception, and even has clear flaws that hold him back from a higher status and level
again, i haven't seen that many pelicans games, but...

the starting 5 of:
holiday (watched a lot of him. he's definitely a great player)
gordon (yes he's not going bananas like he did on the clips, but he's not asked to be the 1st option for the pelicans. He's playing as the team's 3rd option behind davis and holiday...he should have no problem getting the job done there).
pondexter (solid role player and guy that is used to winning)
davis (top 5 player in the league)
asik (has his flaws, but a great solid big that is better than what most teams have)

with the bench of...
evans (seen him plenty. like you said, a coach has to know to limit him. he could win 6th man if used properly. super talented, but has never been utilized properly. Evans is a better jamal crawford [but drives instead of shoots and is a much better defender]. I feel evans is underrated if anything. so much untapped potential. doesn't help that he has played for the shitty kings and under monty)
anderson (could be a starter for most teams. he's a legit player)
Cunningham (solid bench player)

you're telling me that's a team that can't win? i come from the standpoint that it's 60% individual talent and 40% the coach/system (approximately, among other things...). as others have mentioned, a legitimate coach is sorely missing. They don't have an identity. they are one of the most inconsistent teams in the league. come on...you can't tell me this team finished 12th in the western conference last year and continue to trail the suns (talk about maximizing a roster) for a playoff spot this year (and would really be in 10th this year if not for thunder's injuries).

EDIT:

Come to think of it: I don't think there is one single player with the exception of davis who is playing up to their potential on this team. that's def concerning. and if you really want to nitpick, a great coach would have taught davis how to help others by now instead of doing everything by himself (davis is averaging a career high of 1.7 assists this year [career avg of 1.4]....you can't tell me he can't pass the rock better than that.)

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

all i'm saying is if you replaced even 1 of those perimeter guys that play 1/2/3 with a person who could shoot 40% from 3pt range davis' apg and the team offense/wins would go up

just one.

replace them with shooters all around davis like what goes on similar to portland/atlanta/gsw/etc. and ad would win mvp easily b/c he is the best overall "most valuable" player imo
Nets 2022

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

I stopped reading b johnson's post after he said jrue holiday is a great player. I hope that was hyperbole.

Jk I skimmed after that point to read that he thinks Asik is a solid great big man. Is he one or the other?

Management fucked this team over with bad moves and sticking with a weak coach.

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

I think they moved too quickly to improve around Davis, but in their haste, ended up with mediocre talent. There's an argument to be made that they were better off with a slow build than acting hastily and getting lesser players at a higher price. To that end, I wish they woulda kept Noel. There is no wins for opponents at the rim with him and The Brow

PEACE

alpha

Post by alpha »

Yeah I wish they had kept Noel too. They really fucked their roster over with the moves they made.

alpha

Post by alpha »

man I really hope the dubs don't draw OKC in the first round.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

alpha wrote:You need to see more pellies games. You'll see why they're not better.

Davis isn't the best player in the league, not at all. When he starts making his teammates better than we can talk.
Davis makes his teammates MUCH better. He is one of best players in the league to play PnR with or pick and pop with. He opens up so much space for his gaurds/wings to drive.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

You could close out games on defense with Davis at the three Noel at the four and asik at the five could you imagine that
Nets 2022

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

Btw this says it all in a nutshell: the Bulls went on a 40-11 run to close out the game after davis got hurt
Nets 2022

drobizhek

Post by drobizhek »

Kendrick Perkins DNP. I like to see that.

b. johnson

Post by b. johnson »

i'm done defending the pelicans roster...lol i tried.

but for the record:

1. Holiday is a great player. b-ball IQ, solid size, athleticism, defense, shooting, etc. he's not flashy and is more conley than westbrook, but whatever.

2. Asik is a solid center and an asset to any team.

3. i never said the supporting cast was great, but i still think they have under performed for a couple of years now.

Cleveland and OKC looked pretty dominant today. it'll be interesting to see how both teams finish the season.

Of all the western conference playoff teams, the clippers look the worst long term (not including the spurs post duncan and not including the suns because they aren't really a playoff team). They may need to blow up their team or they will become the 2000's suns team. Deandre Jordan trade needs to happen immediately.

an-also

Post by an-also »

James Dolan just went off on a knicks fan.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

ok if anyone saw what wiggins did routinely to tony allen and the way rubio hooked up with wiggins a few times, feel free to jump on the minnesota bandwagon now, there's still time
Nets 2022

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

an-also wrote:James Dolan just went off on a knicks fan.
In his response, Dolan called Bierman "a sad person."

"Why would anybody write such a hateful letter. I am.just guessing but ill bet your life is a mess and you are a hateful mess," Dolan wrote. "What have you done that anyone would consider positive or nice. I am betting nothing. In fact ill bet you are negative force in everyone who comes in contact with you. You most likely have made your family miserable. Alcoholic maybe. I just celebrated my 21 year anniversary of sobriety. You should try it. Maybe it will help you become a person that folks would like to have around. In the mean while start rooting for the Nets ( :copy: ) because the Knicks dont want you. Respectfully James Dolan."

Bierman, for what it's worth, said he has no intentions of rooting for the Nets.

"Never," ( :copy: :copy: :copy: :copy: :copy: :copy: ) he said in a phone interview.
Nets 2022

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

how did demarcus cousins celebrate his game-winning jumper last night at the buzzer after the game in the press conference?

"I ain't pumped up. I've just got a lot on my mind," he told reporters. "The crazy thing about it is, I've just got a question for y'all: How you gonna stop God's plan? How you gonna do that? How you gonna do that? That's all I want to know. How you gonna stop God's plan?

"Man, this city done put me through so much, and I stayed loyal to it the whole time. Hey, I just wanna know how you gonna stop God's plan? God gives his hardest battles to his strongest soldiers. The marathon continues. I'm out."

i would never trade for or sign demarcus. EVER. fuck a headcase. can't even feel good about the guy after a game-winning shot. loose cannon to the nth degree
Nets 2022

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

Man, firing malone got that dude on suicide watch.