2014-15 Official NBA Season Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

b. johnson

Re: 2014-15 Official NBA Season Thread

Post by b. johnson »

Lol

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

Blockhead wrote:Man, firing malone got that dude on suicide watch.
they probably have the most insane management in the league. That's saying a lot.

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

RE: Wiggins defensive acumen
Wiggins defense hasn't translated yet per advanced data (DBPM, DRPM, DWS even considering # wins, etc) and player tracking (players shoot a higher percentage than average at literally every distance from the basket against him). Others insist that he guards the other team's best backcourt player, however if he does then he doesn't do that well yet so perhaps he shouldn't. Wiggins has shown to be mostly an offensive player at this point and that being considered, his jump shot has fallen off after the first month. Even with that ridiculous November he had shooting the ball he's only hitting on 32.3% (101-313) of his jumpers on the season. His entire game is predicated on playing at/above the rim, that's not bad and I'm not condemning him for it, that's just the matter of fact. He's a raw prospect with a sky high ceiling, that's what I thought he was coming into this season and that's what he seems to be, he's at least shown flashes of what he's eventually capable of being which is why I understand the excitement. To Minnesota's credit as well, they have pushed him to assert himself and that's why I'm fine with him winning ROY because he's given the opportunities and does produce, most thought he'd be timid early in his career and he's not that most nights.
UBM CD COMING SOON

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Tweak Da Leak wrote:RE: Wiggins defensive acumen
Wiggins defense hasn't translated yet per advanced data (DBPM, DRPM, DWS even considering # wins, etc) and player tracking (players shoot a higher percentage than average at literally every distance from the basket against him). Others insist that he guards the other team's best backcourt player, however if he does then he doesn't do that well yet so perhaps he shouldn't. Wiggins has shown to be mostly an offensive player at this point and that being considered, his jump shot has fallen off after the first month. Even with that ridiculous November he had shooting the ball he's only hitting on 32.3% (101-313) of his jumpers on the season. His entire game is predicated on playing at/above the rim, that's not bad and I'm not condemning him for it, that's just the matter of fact. He's a raw prospect with a sky high ceiling, that's what I thought he was coming into this season and that's what he seems to be, he's at least shown flashes of what he's eventually capable of being which is why I understand the excitement. To Minnesota's credit as well, they have pushed him to assert himself and that's why I'm fine with him winning ROY because he's given the opportunities and does produce, most thought he'd be timid early in his career and he's not that most nights.
Pretty fair but we cant judge him on defensive stats when he is on the worst team in the NBA with no help on defense at all. That is an eye test not a stat test.

Everything else is pretty accurate. The nice part is that he is doing everything that cannot be taught. After a couple years in the league the jumper always comes . He is much more aggressive then he was in Kansas. The difference with Rubio in there is staggering.
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Reason wrote:ok if anyone saw what wiggins did routinely to tony allen and the way rubio hooked up with wiggins a few times, feel free to jump on the minnesota bandwagon now, there's still time
longest current win streak in the NBA :mrcee:

an-also

Post by an-also »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:
Blockhead wrote:Man, firing malone got that dude on suicide watch.
they probably have the most insane management in the league. That's saying a lot.
:brown:

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

all star weekend

the world team versus Team USA

those rosters are swol

world team's bigs >>>>

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

Deandre going ham on the Chandler-less mavs.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

wolves acquire Gary Neal and a 2nd rounder for Moe Williams & Troy Daniels

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Hayzoos

Post by Hayzoos »

I don't understand that graphic, what do the spots represent?
Spottin fools frontin fly

http://www.last.fm/user/fopomofo

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

I figure the darker the spot the lower the opp FG% is from that area.
UBM CD COMING SOON

an-also

Post by an-also »

From what I can guess, Davis protects a lot more outside the rim as a defender than Howard.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

an-also wrote:From what I can guess, Davis protects a lot more outside the rim as a defender than Howard.
don't really need a poorly made graphic to make that assertion

any reason is devalue Howard tho...

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

It is where they are on the court. Howard hardly leaves the paint. Not necessarily a bad thing, and lot based on system, but still interesting.

binary

Post by binary »

Harden was absolutely incredible today....mvp performance.

Jayou Ayen

Post by Jayou Ayen »

David Lee.

Take it up with Gloss, you White Piece of Shit.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Jayou Ayen wrote:David Lee.

word.. he looks like a defensive stalwart against Deing

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Fuck Anthony mason is in bad shape and could die...
http://nypost.com/2015/02/11/ex-knicks- ... rt-attack/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

alpha

Post by alpha »

that's terrible news.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Warriors game was dope. love watching them move da rock. Who has a better handle than Steph?

We all love to embellish in the #lightSkinnedJesus, best record in the NBA banter....but watching a 19-year-old shut down curry & klay down, with help of a overrated, white-guy (from spain, who can't shoot).....is not conducive to being a championship team....... <-- but that's jealousy talking

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

I'm only judging from the score cards but has wiggins offensive game been totally ruined by the return of Martin or nah? Seems like it.

Kid That's Lifeless

Post by Kid That's Lifeless »

Race Car Bed Sleeping Rapist Virgin wrote:Fuck Anthony mason is in bad shape and could die...
http://nypost.com/2015/02/11/ex-knicks- ... rt-attack/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Before my time but tons of respect for the dude. Hope he pulls through.

In other news of former NBA Masons (no Illuminati), Desmond is moving work: http://nypost.com/2015/02/11/meet-the-n ... e-clooney/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Blockhead wrote:I'm only judging from the score cards but has wiggins offensive game been totally ruined by the return of Martin or nah? Seems like it.
in the first half KMART had 14 shots/ -9
wiggins had 3 shots/ +2

are you an advanced stats guy?
i'm a 2/way player guy, so +/- is something i track

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

Oh, clearly Wiggins is doing more on the court. I was more referring to the fact that he's scoring like 8 a game since Martin came back.

binary

Post by binary »

I think Rubio has been the most overhyped, disappointing, senselessly jocked player on this entire forum...any sport. BUT, if he can hit the jumper like he did tonight, he will be a friggin' problem. I was actually impressed by his game for the first time in the nba.

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

capable_keL wrote:Warriors game was dope. love watching them move da rock. Who has a better handle than Steph?

We all love to embellish in the #lightSkinnedJesus, best record in the NBA banter....but watching a 19-year-old shut down curry & klay down, with help of a overrated, white-guy (from spain, who can't shoot).....is not conducive to being a championship team....... <-- but that's jealousy talking
Over here making excuses, but this team has got to be totally fucking exhausted. 42-9, last stretch before the break, on the road. They are beat. I dont know that they are gonna be any better off after the break, but they are definitely hitting a wall. I hope they haven't peaked already.

PEACE

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

binary

Post by binary »

capable_keL wrote:Warriors game was dope. love watching them move da rock. Who has a better handle than Steph?

rubio is a damn good defender though...dude has had a shit shot though.

b. johnson

Post by b. johnson »

peanut butter wrote:

Over here making excuses, but this team has got to be totally fucking exhausted. 42-9, last stretch before the break, on the road. They are beat. I dont know that they are gonna be any better off after the break, but they are definitely hitting a wall. I hope they haven't peaked already.

PEACE

I agree. same goes for the hawks.

also,

thunder are only .5 game back of phx for the 8th spot.

lol at charlotte, indiana, brooklyn, detroit, boston, and miami fighting for the last two spots in the east. it's downright embarrassing when you look at their records.