2014-15 Official NBA Season Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Jayou Ayen

Re: 2014-15 Official NBA Season Thread

Post by Jayou Ayen »

Jerome Kersey died today at the age of 52.
This was him yesterday at MSG.
RIP,

Take it up with Gloss, you White Piece of Shit.

b. johnson

Post by b. johnson »

lol. thanks for the laugh reason.

let's take predictions. Will the following players be traded by the deadline:

(basically the entire nets)
kg
deron williams
brooke lopez
joe johnson

dragic
(or isaiah)

ty lawson

reggie jackson

aaron afflalo

lance stephenson

enes kanter

add on..

all i know is that it is point guard heavy for sure. dragic and lawson will be traded as well as lance. the rest i don't know. it's a shitty time for the suns and nuggets as they won't get much in return.

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

Fucked up about JK. Always seemed like a good dude.

The only deal I can see happening is Dragic and only because their backs are against the wall. They're going to have to take pennies on the dollar for him though, they literally have no leverage. The rest of the guys, there's no real urgency to deal any of them. There's some bullshit about KG going back to Minnesota but who really gives a shit.
Quality stitched MLB, NBA, NFL, and soccer jerseys: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FanJerseyz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

I think OKC is gonna trade Jackson too. He's basically just a worse version of Westbrook and will be worth more to other teams than he will be to them.

PEACE

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

Now the rumors are flying in:

Afflalo to Blazers for a bunch of crap and a future 1st-rounder.
Dragic to Heat for two future 1st-rounders.
Lopez to OKC for Reggie Jackson and some other stuff, yet to be figured out.
JaVale McGee + future 1st-rounder to 76ers
Andre Miller from Wizards to Kings for Ramon Sessions
Quality stitched MLB, NBA, NFL, and soccer jerseys: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FanJerseyz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

someone make sense of that andre miller trade.

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:someone make sense of that andre miller trade.
George Karl.

Gregg Popabitch

stupidregister wrote:
Gregg Popabitch wrote:someone make sense of that andre miller trade.
George Karl.
i meant, for the wizards.

andre miller is a good backup PG no? especially as a change of pace to john wall. i see ramon sessions as a "stats on a bad team" guy but i also haven't seen him play in a couple years.

T Rav

Post by T Rav »

What a boring deadline day. I gotta admit that's probably because there's been solid payer movement throughout the season, but I'm still disappointed.
When Kevin Garnet to the Minnesota Wolves just because is a headline then we got a problem.
The Wolves might as well sign Marbury to a one day contract if they're just gonna say "fuck it let's have some fun".
Buy my mixtape.

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

Well there's rumors they're trying to get Jarrett Jack too but if you look at the guys the Wizards might come up against in the playoffs (Teague, Lowry, Rose, Irving), even their backups (Schroder, Lou Williams, Aaron Brooks)...dude is almost 40, the only thing he's staying in front of is the refrigerator.

T Rav

Post by T Rav »

So I spoke to soon. The last minute deals piping up make this an awesome deadline day. MCW, IT2 and Knight! Awesome!
Buy my mixtape.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

T Rav wrote:What a boring deadline day. I gotta admit that's probably because there's been solid payer movement throughout the season, but I'm still disappointed.
When Kevin Garnet to the Minnesota Wolves just because is a headline then we got a problem.
The Wolves might as well sign Marbury to a one day contract if they're just gonna say "fuck it let's have some fun".
he's going to be moved to the front office. cleared about 12 mil in cap space to give Jimmy butler the max

rubio
butler
wiggins
shabazz
okofur

back to back to back
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

sixers collect draft picks like i collect baseball cards.

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

Wow, what in the fuck just happened here...

And goddamn you Sam Hinkie, I fucking hate your fat, smug face. Your "master plan" is going to fail miserably because you're a fucking asshat. And I literally do not give a shit about the 76ers. I just think his whole "I'm smarter than everyone else" aura is annoying. Fucking stats nerd.

And are the Suns the new T-Wolves? There are positions that you need to fill other than PG in the NBA. There's no correlation between number of PGs and playoff appearances. Who in the fuck is running that team.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

This is so fucking crazy. Has there ever been a trade deadline day like this?

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

So the Jazz give up Enes Kanter and all they get back in return is Kendrick Perkins? Wow, great job guys.

I also don't think MCW is better than Brandon Knight.

alpha

Post by alpha »

Yeah not really getting this move by the 6ers

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

It's just weird to see guys like Dragic, MCW, and Knight (IT3 to a lesser extent) get shipped around like that. The Dragic situation is unique and Pho would have been foolish NOT to trade him, but for MCW and Knight especially it's kind of crazy for teams to give up on young talent on affordable contracts. I would think the fact that Mil and Phi were so quick to give up on Knight/MCW that their new teams have to temper their expectations. The grass isn't always greener on the other side.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Is Boston already giving up on Marcus smart?

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

alpha wrote:Yeah not really getting this move by the 6ers
MCW wasn't that good. Inflated stats from being on terrible team who plays at very high pace. Id take lottery pick for him any day.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Race Car Bed Sleeping Rapist Virgin wrote:Is Boston already giving up on Marcus smart?
No

Gregg Popabitch

unclebengi wrote:It's just weird to see guys like Dragic, MCW, and Knight (IT3 to a lesser extent) get shipped around like that. The Dragic situation is unique and Pho would have been foolish NOT to trade him, but for MCW and Knight especially it's kind of crazy for teams to give up on young talent on affordable contracts. I would think the fact that Mil and Phi were so quick to give up on Knight/MCW that their new teams have to temper their expectations. The grass isn't always greener on the other side.
knight getting traded made sense because he was in the last year of his contract and apparently the bucks had doubts about whether they could retain him on a deal that they felt was appropriate.

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

I can see that, I just thought it was weird to basically swap him for an inferior (IMO) point guard with a similar contract. After double checking though, MCW's contract runs through 2017, and that changes things a bit, especially when you factor in Ennis too. I guess the most curious would be Phx giving up IT3's affordable contract and putting themselves in to position to have to pay Knight big bucks or be left out in the cold. Knight and Bledsoe are really good players, but they aren't worth 2 max level contracts.

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

Admittedly, I'm not the biggest Suns fan so I haven't seen a lot of Eric Bledsoe but he is their starting PG right? Like he's a scoring guy but he's built like a PG right? And he kinda handles the ball all the time and stuff?

So why the fuck do they keep bringing in PGs to play with him? I get they want depth and flexibility but quit fucking around with your best player. I honestly do not get what they're trying to do. Now you bring in an even smaller PG to start alongside him? Stop stacking the one position you're set at. When people do things like this, it's obvious they think they're outsmarting everyone when in reality, they're out to fucking lunch. Anyone can see a 3 PG lineup would never have worked and neither is starting 2 PGs.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

stupidregister wrote:Admittedly, I'm not the biggest Suns fan so I haven't seen a lot of Eric Bledsoe but he is their starting PG right? Like he's a scoring guy but he's built like a PG right? And he kinda handles the ball all the time and stuff?

So why the fuck do they keep bringing in PGs to play with him? I get they want depth and flexibility but quit fucking around with your best player. I honestly do not get what they're trying to do. Now you bring in an even smaller PG to start alongside him? Stop stacking the one position you're set at. When people do things like this, it's obvious they think they're outsmarting everyone when in reality, they're out to fucking lunch. Anyone can see a 3 PG lineup would never have worked and neither is starting 2 PGs.
while i whole-heartedly agree with all your sentiments, i should note one thign:

brandon knights' true value on offense is largely derived from his 3 point shooting. he can play off the ball with bledsoe. he's a fit compared to dragic or thomas b/c he can credibly become an off-the-ball value while not wasting strengths that dragic/thomas had that knight doesn't, basically they finally at least found a rectangluar piece to fit this square hole insteade of a bunch of circles
Nets 2022

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

btw huge :ohsh: at my winning my atlanta hawks over 40.5 wins bet at the fucking all-star break
Nets 2022

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Reason wrote:btw huge :ohsh: at my winning my atlanta hawks over 40.5 wins bet at the fucking all-star break
nice

toronto is fucking up atlanta right now

:ohcanada:

rubio was +21 in the first half

wiggins with one of the best dunks of the year

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

Ummmmm, the Cavs might be the best team in the league...?

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

stupidregister wrote:Ummmmm, the Cavs might be the best team in the league...?
in the East.

they would be the 7-8th best team in the West.

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

I'm sayin' though...they're starting to put it together. And by they I mean LeBron.