2014-15 Official NBA Season Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Re: 2014-15 Official NBA Season Thread

Post by capable_keL »

Homer wolves post below
rubio
kevin martin
wiggins
KG
Pek

was dominating Portland tonight
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

yo wtf was up with that gary neal vintage performance though holy fuck
Nets 2022

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Russell Westbrook has taken 32+ shots in 4 straight games; last 5-game streak was Rick Barry in 1966

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Anthony Davis had 23 pts, 10 reb & 5 blk vs Grizzlies Saturday, his 8th 20-10-5 game of the season. Rest of NBA has 6 such games COMBINED.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

AD the real MVP
Nets 2022

alpha

Post by alpha »

so you're saying he's the best or most valuable? I could go best but not MVP.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

Yeah, he's not the MVP yet. Once that team gets it together, he's gonna run away with it for a few years for sure.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Without AD Pels aren't coming close to even sniffing the playoffs. Not even if they were in the East.

"everybody's stationary & it's easy to guard" - Byron Scott on the pnr

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

yea best but not mvp cuz of injuries is okay with me
Nets 2022

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

Don't the Pelicans have hte same win percentage with AD as without?
UBM CD COMING SOON

alpha

Post by alpha »

I think so.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Tweak Da Leak wrote:Don't the Pelicans have hte same win percentage with AD as without?
Davis has missed 12 games. They are 6-6 in games he has missed and 28-23 in games he has played. Games missed they had wins over:
Denver, Mia, BK, Toronto twice (both after they were in their funk), and the Clippers.

and losses to:
Dallas, Indy, Utah, Knicks, Philly, and GS.

So worse win percentage over a MUCH easier schedule and all wins almost exclusively vs. East teams. They also lost to two of the worst teams in all NBA.

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

I've had a blast watching Mirotic whenever Bulls games have been on the last couple weeks since he's been getting extended run. He is that dude.

jazzmatazz23

Post by jazzmatazz23 »

Anothy Davis wins over/under 2.5 MVPs in his career???

I am going over. Only thing that could hold him back is Pelicans organization fucking it up

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

jazzmatazz23 wrote:Anothy Davis wins over/under 2.5 MVPs in his career???

I am going over. Only thing that could hold him back is Pelicans organization fucking it up
i want to go over but ticky-tack injuries causing him to miss 10 games a year plus someone from the mudiay/westbrook/harden/old lebron even/wiggins/jaylen/thon group will probably steal enough to keep AD at 1 or 2
Nets 2022

alpha

Post by alpha »

winning more than one MVP is tough as fuck. Kobe only has 1. Shaq won only 1 too. I'd take the under just based on history.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

His injuries are what I feel will most likely hold him back. He's gonna have one injury free year where his team goes deep in the playoffs and that will be the MVP year. I feel like that will happen in 2 or 3 years.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

Blockhead wrote:His injuries are what I feel will most likely hold him back. He's gonna have one injury free year where his team goes deep in the playoffs and that will be the MVP year. I feel like that will happen in 2 or 3 years.
yea this is on point

#blockheadtoldyall
Nets 2022

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

Good to know paid scouts are finally seeing what I saw months ago re: Okafor.

1. If the 76ers get the 2nd pick and don't take Mudiay, it would be a huge mistake.

2. D'Angelo Russell is a left-handed Andrew Harrison with less strength but a higher basketball IQ so you can guess how I feel about someone taking him as high as the 4th pick. :icedit: hell naw bro i was wrong here. russell is a baller with much more passion ability than i thought prior to watching him work in the ncaa tourney.

3. Devon Booker should go #3 overall to the Timberwolves or #4 to the Lakers but instead he will drop to late lottery. Who is going to have the courage and foresight to see that this is a Klay Thompson situation all over again?

4. How Rick Barnes still has his job is beyond me. He turns every McDonald's All-American he gets into a nondescript player. He took Avery Bradley, a consensus #1 98 or 99 ESPN rated high school and not only didn't develop him a single bit but also didn't run a program/offense/defense that prepared him for the NBA. Myles Turner is stuck in a terrible college system. Before the season started, he was the most gifted and all-around talented incoming freshman in the NCAA in my opinion. I would gamble on him if I had the 4th or 5th pick.

1. Karl Anthony Towns
2. Emmanuel Mudiay
3. Devon Booker

Draft these dudes when you can within reason: Trey Lyles, Dakari Johnson, Myles Turner, Cauley-Stein, Alexander, Tyus Jones, Woods, Upshaw

Not worth it compared to where you'll pick him: Okafor, Russell, Harrell, LeVert, Rozier

Possible hidden gem in 1st round: Tyus Jones. Reminds me of a cross between Mike Conley and Chris Paul because he is as smart and as fearless yet under control as they are plus Jones is about the same size and also is a lefty like Mike but can hit big time lay-ups/shots like cp3 (and conley) in the clutch, just love his demeanor when the tough gets going, obviously with all this praise you'd think i'd draft him high but the only thing is his lack of great athleticism/speed/power. we'll see during predraft process

that 2nd round guy who always ends up being way doper than ppl thought and then bolts his team after a year and gets a sick multi year deal that has 1st round picks drooling: Rakeem Christmas

btw jason gloss mentioned christmas first i'm pretty sure on this site, i think cuz of some homer-ish reason but still hehe anyway he's 6'9 with a 7'2 wingspan, isn't clumsy, and can hit a 12-15 foot jumper
Nets 2022

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Hey, by the way who's Curt?

Kid That's Lifeless

Post by Kid That's Lifeless »

I JUST SAW JR SMITH MAKE THE EXTRA PASS!!!!!

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

Kid That's Lifeless wrote:I JUST SAW JR SMITH MAKE THE EXTRA PASS!!!!!
:lol:

alpha

Post by alpha »

I know its popular to hate on Kevin Love. The cavs have been on TV a lot lately and they don't even need him. The way they use him they're better off sign and trading him for depth. At least run some plays in the post for the guy!

Btw this game has been great. Bron and kawhi going at it all game same with Parker and Kyrie.

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Kyrie tho

PEACE

b. johnson

Post by b. johnson »

Just an awesome game all around from both teams.

crazy to think cleveland is given the best odds to win it all (by vegas) when you consider where they were a couple of months back.

if only they could incorporate love...

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

Fuck the cavs/spurs, how bout that knicks/lakers game?!?! Riviting shit right there.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

b. johnson wrote:Just an awesome game all around from both teams.

crazy to think cleveland is given the best odds to win it all (by vegas) when you consider where they were a couple of months back.

best way to incorporate love (who is most effective when he has the ball in his hands) is to make him your 6th man, let him operate with the ball in his hands and be in predominantly when one of or both of lebron/irving aren't on the court

he's just a terrible fit for lebron/irving who are ball-dominant players to be their most effective on offense, only one ball on the court at a time is death to love's strengths, he's an inconsistent spot-up shooter (i can't tell you how many wide open 3's i've seen him brick off perfect passes from both lebron and irving) and he doesn't play a lick of defense so unless you have a younger chandler/marion/etc. covering up dirk's defense type of situation you won't win with love as a focal point, mozgov fouls too frequently and tristan isn't ready and varejao is out for the year
Nets 2022

b. johnson

Post by b. johnson »

Reason wrote:
b. johnson wrote:Just an awesome game all around from both teams.

best way to incorporate love (who is most effective when he has the ball in his hands) is to make him your 6th man, let him operate with the ball in his hands and be in predominantly when one of or both of lebron/irving aren't on the court

he's just a terrible fit for lebron/irving who are ball-dominant players to be their most effective on offense, only one ball on the court at a time is death to love's strengths, he's an inconsistent spot-up shooter (i can't tell you how many wide open 3's i've seen him brick off perfect passes from both lebron and irving) and he doesn't play a lick of defense so unless you have a younger chandler/marion/etc. covering up dirk's defense type of situation you won't win with love as a focal point, mozgov fouls too frequently and tristan isn't ready and varejao is out for the year

you know i feel the same way, but i just can't come to grips with moving love to the bench. i believe love has to go back and watch bosh's tapes the past 4 years in miami because he's in the same exact situation. i think the difference is that spolestra would actually call plays for bosh from time to time (especially early in the game) and also spolestra would have stretches where wade and lebron were on the bench and everything was ran though bosh. I don't see how that's not possible in cleveland for love.

and yea love has to play defense, but even that is masked by lebron and mozgov's defensive dominance.

tristan is an interesting player as well. he shoots high percentage shots, rebounds, and makes his free throws. but he isn't really a good defensive player at all (not yet atleast). he seems to be getting the bulk of the minutes down the stretch, but it really should be love. i also think varejao getting hurt was the best thing for cavs as they probably would have never got mozgov. varejao is okay, but not who he used to be 5 years ago either.

i'm also worried about houston's rotation. they have too many forwards (luxury, not a problem), but they should have done something and addressed their roster when they had the chance. montejunas, terrance jones, j. smith, and to an extent brewer and ariza are all fighting for minutes and they are all starting calibur players. they have no bigs without howard and really no viable backup to beverly except for using harden as the point. the way harden is playing combined with their roster, they should be championship favorites or at least more in the conversation, but they just aren't cutting it. and i haven't heard anything about howard's return.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

b. johnson wrote: you know i feel the same way, but i just can't come to grips with moving love to the bench. i believe love has to go back and watch bosh's tapes the past 4 years in miami because he's in the same exact situation. i think the difference is that spolestra would actually call plays for bosh from time to time (especially early in the game) and also spolestra would have stretches where wade and lebron were on the bench and everything was ran though bosh. I don't see how that's not possible in cleveland for love.

and yea love has to play defense, but even that is masked by lebron and mozgov's defensive dominance.
he can watch bosh's tapes all he wants but i'm not sure that will make him make some big shots and threes that bosh hit especially in the playoffs and i'm DEFINITEly sure it won't make him play defense like bosh did (bosh was arguably the defensive mvp of the title winning series against the spurs)

i mean i guess bosh is a great example for the purpose of this point though: bosh put up 24+ on a middling to shitty raptors team. like love put up 25+ on the shittier twolves. so bosh goes to a real winning squad as the 2nd best or 3rd best player on the team. before bosh got his freak injury i would have said that especially cuz of his quickness/athleticism he is a better 1 on 1 offensive player than love so i think in a vacuum if you ran plays for both of them on the same shitty team, bosh would put up bigger numbers at this point of their careers (if bosh didn't have this clot thing which i have no idea how a guy recovers from whether good or bad, no reference point)
Nets 2022

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

I really have no worries for bosh after this year. they just need to make sure that they clear out all of the clots in his lungs. the weird thing about it is that this usually happens to older people who have deep vein thrombosis in their legs but it happens from time to time with athletes.