The 2015 WORLD SERIES

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Kid That's Lifeless

Re: 2015 MLB Season

Post by Kid That's Lifeless »

rofl bunz

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Acknowledging the greatness of Mike Trout can be tiresome, but we really gotta not forgot

PEACE

Kid That's Lifeless

Post by Kid That's Lifeless »

Lol @ Yordano Ventura. Dude just wants to get kicked out of every game.

Myjah

Post by Myjah »

JOE!!!!!! :*(
I <3 Employee.

Dwight Strawberry

Post by Dwight Strawberry »

Joe Pesci

Post by Joe Pesci »

So are the Mets really this good?

Dwight Strawberry

Post by Dwight Strawberry »

Joe Pesci wrote:So are the Mets really this good?
I'll tell ya this much...I'm pretty sure I'll be watching my favorite baseball team play meaningful games in September for the first time in 6 years. By no means am I putting them ahead of the Nationals just yet, but these guys could win a Wild Card.

It's enjoyable after so many years of shit, I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

i know i sound bitter (am i am because my team is now a glorified double A team) but don't the mets have a few weeks like this year in year out? they're playing good ball, but it also speaks to how bad the NL East currently is. the nats should destroy but they don't seem to have any chemistry, at least, not the way teams like the a's or royals do.

marlins won't really be contenders until jose fernandez comes back and is as dominate as he once was, so that might not be this year. but guys, we're talking about the mets. can their vets hold up? don't tell me duda and murphy are going to take them to the promise land.

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

If they win, its not gonna be because Murphy and Duda. It's gonna be because of the pitching staff. The hope is that Harvey/DeGrom/Syndergaard/Colon stay healthy and pitch well enough to keep them in games, and they are able to sneak by with enough offense to win. That said, I dont think they are long term contenders, but I wouldn't be shocked to see them compete for a wildcard spot

PEACE

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

capable_keL wrote:Nelson Cruz is mashing the fuck out the ball

only a few years back many were saying he was done with baseball

my point is he's more than just really good HGH

PEACE

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

The Royals need to chill the fuck out. I know they are trying to manage what it feels like to be successful but they are acting like some little bitches. The rules are you retaliate once and then move on. They keep bringing animosity to every game and it's getting ridiculous.

Hey, by the way who's Curt?

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

meanwhile in Baltimore

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

OT, but John Angelos of the Orioles said this about the protests:

"That said, my greater source of personal concern, outrage and sympathy beyond this particular case is focused neither upon one night’s property damage nor upon the acts, but is focused rather upon the past four-decade period during which an American political elite have shipped middle class and working class jobs away from Baltimore and cities and towns around the U.S. to third-world dictatorships like China and others, plunged tens of millions of good, hard-working Americans into economic devastation, and then followed that action around the nation by diminishing every American’s civil rights protections in order to control an unfairly impoverished population living under an ever-declining standard of living and suffering at the butt end of an ever-more militarized and aggressive surveillance state.

The innocent working families of all backgrounds whose lives and dreams have been cut short by excessive violence, surveillance, and other abuses of the Bill of Rights by government pay the true price, and ultimate price, and one that far exceeds the importances of any kids’ game played tonight, or ever, at Camden Yards. We need to keep in mind people are suffering and dying around the U.S., and while we are thankful no one was injured at Camden Yards, there is a far bigger picture for poor Americans in Baltimore and everywhere who don’t have jobs and are losing economic civil and legal rights, and this makes inconvenience at a ballgame irrelevant in light of the needless suffering government is inflicting upon ordinary Americans."

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/04/orioles ... otests-mlb" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bout to cop me an O's hat

PEACE

chump change
The Mayor

Post by chump change »

too early to talk about astros pitching?

Hayzoos

Post by Hayzoos »

peanut butter wrote:OT, but John Angelos of the Orioles said this about the protests:

"That said, my greater source of personal concern, outrage and sympathy beyond this particular case is focused neither upon one night’s property damage nor upon the acts, but is focused rather upon the past four-decade period during which an American political elite have shipped middle class and working class jobs away from Baltimore and cities and towns around the U.S. to third-world dictatorships like China and others, plunged tens of millions of good, hard-working Americans into economic devastation, and then followed that action around the nation by diminishing every American’s civil rights protections in order to control an unfairly impoverished population living under an ever-declining standard of living and suffering at the butt end of an ever-more militarized and aggressive surveillance state.

The innocent working families of all backgrounds whose lives and dreams have been cut short by excessive violence, surveillance, and other abuses of the Bill of Rights by government pay the true price, and ultimate price, and one that far exceeds the importances of any kids’ game played tonight, or ever, at Camden Yards. We need to keep in mind people are suffering and dying around the U.S., and while we are thankful no one was injured at Camden Yards, there is a far bigger picture for poor Americans in Baltimore and everywhere who don’t have jobs and are losing economic civil and legal rights, and this makes inconvenience at a ballgame irrelevant in light of the needless suffering government is inflicting upon ordinary Americans."

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/04/orioles ... otests-mlb" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bout to cop me an O's hat

PEACE
:copy:
Spottin fools frontin fly

http://www.last.fm/user/fopomofo

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Does anyone know if they are going to televise the O's-White Sox game today? Would be great to hear a game without any crowd noise.

Dan

Post by Dan »

Tommy Bunz wrote:Does anyone know if they are going to televise the O's-White Sox game today? Would be great to hear a game without any crowd noise.
Not nationally, unless you have MLB.tv.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

the previous record for lowest MLB game attendance was White Sox/Blue Jays: 796 people

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Dan wrote:
Tommy Bunz wrote:Does anyone know if they are going to televise the O's-White Sox game today? Would be great to hear a game without any crowd noise.
Yeah sorry was a dumb question for here, I meant whether it was going to air on MASN, the O's/Nats network, shit is blacked out for me on MLBtv.
Want to know how well you could here all the players talking to each other and whatnot.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

capable_keL wrote:the previous record for lowest MLB game attendance was White Sox/Blue Jays: 796 people

Refuse to believe the old record wasn't a Marlins game.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Tommy Bunz wrote:
capable_keL wrote:the previous record for lowest MLB game attendance was White Sox/Blue Jays: 796 people

Refuse to believe the old record wasn't a Marlins game.
my gut was saying Expos

Raphael De La Ghetto

Post by Raphael De La Ghetto »

What year was that?

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

It was in the mid 80s at Comiskey park according to (this morning's podcast)

zappy

Post by zappy »

Tommy Bunz wrote:
Dan wrote:
Yeah sorry was a dumb question for here, I meant whether it was going to air on MASN, the O's/Nats network, shit is blacked out for me on MLBtv.
Want to know how well you could here all the players talking to each other and whatnot.
should have been on masn or masn2.

chump change
The Mayor

Post by chump change »

altuve picked up right where he left off last year..

alpha

Post by alpha »

There's a short article about the Astros on grant land. You should check it out chump

chump change
The Mayor

Post by chump change »

alpha wrote:There's a short article about the Astros on grant land. You should check it out chump
:cheers:

def articulates the fears/hopes..

They are making too much money with the current plan to abandoned it.. it's a long haul mission so hopefully they stay the course..

alpha

Post by alpha »

They're doing things. If they make some good signings and the position players keep developing no reason they can't challenge for the division next year

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

so Brandon Belt sucks now or is he about to wake up?

it's fucking May already

Joe Pesci

Post by Joe Pesci »

Those 1st place Yankees tho :cas:

Fully expect it to fall apart by the all start break however