2015 NBA Playoffs

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

SYM
The Overlord of Overthinking

Re: 2015 NBA Playoffs

Post by SYM »

this is the kind of playoffs season that actually gets me to watch for fuck's sake.

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

Take me back to the good old days of playing in the LA Sports Arena, atleast the heartbreak wasn't as bad just being perennial losers(
UBM CD COMING SOON

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

SYM wrote:this is the kind of playoffs season that actually gets me to watch for fuck's sake.
These playoffs are not good. At all.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

bouncing the world champs is enough to make the season a success.... i really thought Paul was going to assert himself and validate his star power this year. It's gotta be crushing him to go out like that but most of this is on the shoulders of doc rivers. i highly doubt he has the skills to GM that squad. It's a roster packed with sex appeal but it's not designed to go far in the playoffs.

textbook example is Jordan's muffed dunk where he was more concerned with style points than getting the easy bucket.
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

alpha

Post by alpha »

naturalborn103 wrote:
SYM wrote:this is the kind of playoffs season that actually gets me to watch for fuck's sake.
You're probably in the minority with that opinion

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

alpha wrote:
naturalborn103 wrote:
If I was a GS fan I'd love it. being a fan of no team they suck. A lot. Going in the mighty west had already been killed by injuries. Blazers, okc, rockets, and pelicans all much worse due to injuries. East, already a joke, gets hit hard with injuries and atl falls off a cliff.

Only been one great series. A few other close ones, but not like it was good basketball.

Gs is great, dont get me wrong, but they have easiest path to a ring in a long long time.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

naturalborn103 wrote:
alpha wrote:
naturalborn103 wrote:
If I was a GS fan I'd love it. being a fan of no team they suck. A lot. Going in the mighty west had already been killed by injuries. Blazers, okc, rockets, and pelicans all much worse due to injuries. East, already a joke, gets hit hard with injuries and atl falls off a cliff.

Only been one great series. A few other close ones, but not like it was good basketball.

Gs is great, dont get me wrong, but they have easiest path to a ring in a long long time.
Word, these playoffs haven't been great. The east has been bad for awhile, but has there ever been an easier road to the finals than Cleveland this year?

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

Injuries have played a big part, but these playoffs have been atrocious. Clipps/Spurs was the only series that felt like it was NBA ball on its highest level. Wiz/Hawks and Bulls/Cavs had some good moments, but both series sputtered out in the end. Seemed like every game was a blowout in the West Semis.

I'm rooting hard for the Hawks simply because I hate the other 3 teams, but I'm definitely more interested in the Lottery right now than either game one.

alpha

Post by alpha »

Well shit, guess I'm in the minority.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

I thought they've been pretty entertaining. a lot of games were hit and miss as far as teams continuing their momentum from the previous game but still most of the series been cool.

b. johnson

Post by b. johnson »

you guys are a tough crowd. I can't remember this many last second buzzer beaters. There are tons of road wins and other surprises. The west competition is as good as it has ever been. The east has been shit for many years, nothing new. but this is the first year in 4 years that someone other than the heat has a chance to make it out the east. I do however agree that the injury bug has been screwing shit up big time. it has been hideous this year and i hope it gets better.

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Yeah, I think the playoffs have been really good. All top 4 teams remain. Clippers-Spurs was an absolute classic. Clippers collapse in the subsequent round was really great. Pierce had moments in series against Hawks. Bulls pushed the Cavs. Brow was fantastic in the first round. Biggest cause for frustration to me is no Thunder. Or Pacers team led by Paul George. But injuries are going to happen every season. Which is part of the reason that I feel things are breaking perfectly for the Dubs. To add to what's been said already, getting a path to the finals that doesn't involve the Clippers, Spurs or Thunder in any given year is a gift. And even though Love didn't play well for the Cavs, not having to worry about him in the Finals just helps their odds. As this classic season builds, it just increasingly feels like now or never.

PEACE

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

b. johnson wrote:you guys are a tough crowd. I can't remember this many last second buzzer beaters. There are tons of road wins and other surprises. The west competition is as good as it has ever been. The east has been shit for many years, nothing new. but this is the first year in 4 years that someone other than the heat has a chance to make it out the east. I do however agree that the injury bug has been screwing shit up big time. it has been hideous this year and i hope it gets better.
Just cause a game ends on a buzzer beater or was a close game doesn't mean it was a good game. Wizards/Hawks games were brutal, as was a lot of those chicago/clev games.

The west competition is FAR from as good as it gets.
peanut butter wrote:Yeah, I think the playoffs have been really good. All top 4 teams remain. Clippers-Spurs was an absolute classic. Clippers collapse in the subsequent round was really great. Pierce had moments in series against Hawks. Bulls pushed the Cavs. Brow was fantastic in the first round. Biggest cause for frustration to me is no Thunder. Or Pacers team led by Paul George.
I don't think anyone considered Houston the 2nd best team in the West. The Hawks look nowhere close to the team they were midway through the season and Clev is Lebron trying to score in iso every play. Not fun.

Clippers/Spurs has been only great series so far this playoffs and I don't see another one rest of the way either.

an-also

Post by an-also »

I'm just mad the clippers robbed me of a Warriors vs Spurs series. Probably the best two teams in the league.

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

Of course the Dubs fans think it's been a great post season...and I'm not mad at 'em, I'd probably be in the same boat if my team was the favorite.

Ya'll have short memories though. Do you remember how great the first round alone was last year? 4 series went 7 games and a 5th was Rockets/Blazers, which was fun as hell to watch. May not have been 7 game series deeper into the playoffs, but most series were much more competitive last year on a game by game basis. Saying this year's playoffs have been atrocious may be hyperbole by me, but they've certainly been far worse than our most recent comparison of last year.

alpha

Post by alpha »

Funny how just because the dubs are doing well, our opinions are invalid. All I see is sour grapes. And yes a buzzer beater means it was a good game. Ie, the game was close in the 4th quarter or their was some kind of run to make it close. Smh

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

So you don't care about the quality of the basketball? Only that it is close?

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

alpha wrote:Funny how just because the dubs are doing well, our opinions are invalid. All I see is sour grapes. And yes a buzzer beater means it was a good game. Ie, the game was close in the 4th quarter or their was some kind of run to make it close. Smh
I guess you chose to ignore the part where I qualified the statement with "and I'm not mad at 'em, I'd probably be in the same boat if my team was the favorite".

There's no sour grapes...at all. I just think it's funny because we were ALL (Dubs fans included) raving about the playoffs last year at this point. If you think this year's playoffs have been as good as last year's to this point, you're flat wrong and it's not close IMO. Plus these upcoming matchups aren't nearly as enticing as the semi's matchups from last year (regardless of how they turn out).

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Christ dudes, the conference finals haven't even started yet. Maybe we can hold off on the proclamations until, you know, the biggest games of the year actually tip off?

PEACE

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

Hence why I continue to say "at this point".

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Ramen wrote:I thought they've been pretty entertaining. a lot of games were hit and miss as far as teams continuing their momentum from the previous game but still most of the series been cool.
There's been some entertaining games. We are all going to remember the Houston comeback for years to come for sure. However, I feel like all of the series have been really random, like they have no rhythm to them. I dunno the play as a whole in the playoffs has been sloppy to me (partly due to injures). Even gs just seems to have hit their stride a few games ago. Overall there just hasn't been the high level of play I expect from nba playoff basketball.
Last edited by GUCCI CONDOMS on Tue May 19, 2015 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

peanut butter wrote:Christ dudes, the conference finals haven't even started yet. Maybe we can hold off on the proclamations until, you know, the biggest games of the year actually tip off?

PEACE
It may get better, but I wouldn't count on it. I bet GS kills Houston and both Atlanta (now, not before) and Cleveland are not fun to watch. In finals GS should make easy work of whoever comes out the East.

alpha

Post by alpha »

Last year was kind of outlier as far as quality. The matchups this round are great. You got the MVP vs the runner up. Both teams play exciting basketball. On the other side you got bron vs a team that plays exciting basketball. I don't see how these matchups don't get people excited.

binary

Post by binary »

Great playoffs.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Houston will have no problem handling the dubs in the paint

look out homies
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

alpha

Post by alpha »

Amazing how you made this post after watching one quarter. Expert analysis bro.

alpha

Post by alpha »

Then again I'm behind on dvr and just saw d12 get hit

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

alpha wrote:On the other side you got bron vs a team that plays exciting basketball. I don't see how these matchups don't get people excited.
Have you watched much of either of their games? Hawks are not exciting at all right now. They are shooting .434 in the playoffs. Cleveland is shooting .432. Watching Lebron go iso every single possession isn't fun either.

This game is pretty fun so far though..

alpha

Post by alpha »

Knowing you, I can see why you'd say that. Let's move on who'd you rather see advance from an entertainment standpoint?

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

alpha wrote:Knowing you, I can see why you'd say that. Let's move on who'd you rather see advance from an entertainment standpoint?
Cle vs gs is the sexiest finals match up. Atl just has no star power. They were pretty entertaining when they were hitting on all cylinders and playing like the Spurs-lite, but they haven't been playing like that for months now. At least Cle has Bron and Irving, who can both be very dynamic. Also, there's a good chance GS wins and bron loses his fourth finals, which would pretty insane to happen to a player of his talent and stature, thus adding some more intrigue to that match up.