2015 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

GUCCI CONDOMS

Re: 2015 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

The Houston Chronicle reports Arian Foster (groin) requires surgery, but "should be able to return during the season."
"Should" being the operative word. It appears Foster will most likely be headed to injured reserve/designated to return, which would sideline him until Week 10. It's a massive blow for a team without a quarterback, and a death knell to Foster's ADP. He had been the RB6 in early drafts. A team that wants to funnel its offense through the running game is now without anyone resembling a legitimate lead back. Alfred Blue has the most experience, but is a grinder who isn't trusted in the passing game. Jonathan Grimes and Chris Polk both arguably have more raw skill. It's also quite possible Houston dips into the free-agent market. Ray Rice and his three-down skills would make an awful lot of sense if the Texans determine he has anything left.
Source: John McClain on Twitter
Aug 4 - 2:47 PM

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

first round receivers are limping out of the gate

Bears....Kevin White - has been sidelined six weeks with a "shin" injury.

Dolphins....put Parker on the PUP list a few days ago with already having injury concerns.
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

alpha

Post by alpha »

Amari tho.

chump change
The Mayor

Post by chump change »

Race Car Bed Sleeping Rapist Virgin wrote:
The Houston Chronicle reports Arian Foster (groin) requires surgery, but "should be able to return during the season."
"Should" being the operative word. It appears Foster will most likely be headed to injured reserve/designated to return, which would sideline him until Week 10. It's a massive blow for a team without a quarterback, and a death knell to Foster's ADP. He had been the RB6 in early drafts. A team that wants to funnel its offense through the running game is now without anyone resembling a legitimate lead back. Alfred Blue has the most experience, but is a grinder who isn't trusted in the passing game. Jonathan Grimes and Chris Polk both arguably have more raw skill. It's also quite possible Houston dips into the free-agent market. Ray Rice and his three-down skills would make an awful lot of sense if the Texans determine he has anything left.
re: ray rice...

as far as PR goes.. The organization could survive the hit.. it really comes down to the Watt factor.. how does the nfl reconcile having their arguably worst PR moment(rice) with the best PR player they have currently (watt) being on the same team..

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

chump change wrote:
re: ray rice...

as far as PR goes.. The organization could survive the hit.. it really comes down to the Watt factor.. how does the nfl reconcile having their arguably worst PR moment(rice) with the best PR player they have currently (watt) being on the same team..
Early word today is that Pierre Thomas is the frontrunner to replace foster. I don't think a hou ray rice signing is in the cards...

ric

Post by ric »

re the texans
dudes are gonna have a fucking killer d. i trust obrien will have an offense that can at least assist in floating the boat. al blue? i mean it doesnt look like hes ready to be that guy. but they got polk and they drafted kenny hilliard (also from lsu). ouch though. fucking OUCH

Stoned Starks

Post by Stoned Starks »

Re Wilson's contract:

If before the season starts Eli or Rivers gets an extension with more guaranteed money than Wilson per year would people say that's appropriate or nah?

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

If the texans were smart they would snatch Christine Michael from sea. That guy is a beast. Hope dallas picks him up tho...

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Stoned Starks wrote:Re Wilson's contract:

If before the season starts Eli or Rivers gets an extension with more guaranteed money than Wilson per year would people say that's appropriate or nah?
both Eli and Rivers are elite pocket passers who are worth more than Wilson. Wilson is asked to throw the ball 15 times a game and hand the ball off. I wouldn't break the bank for a game manager who refuses to fuck his girlfriend :cas:

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

capable_keL wrote:
Stoned Starks wrote:Re Wilson's contract:

both Eli and Rivers are elite pocket passers who are worth more than Wilson. Wilson is asked to throw the ball 15 times a game and hand the ball off. I wouldn't break the bank for a game manager who refuses to fuck his girlfriend :cas:
Eli & Rivers arm talent >>>>>>>>>> Wilson's

Bottom line, Eli & Rivers can make every NFL throw, Wilson can't

alpha

Post by alpha »

Wilson is a dynamic runner. I would say he's overrated still but underrated in this thread.

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

I'm an unabashed Russ lover and put him right there with Luck, but I get that he's a player that divides opinions. I just think he plays the position so differently than what we're used to that he's hard to evaluate.

The one thing I'll say is that I think he helps the defense with his style of play nearly as much as the defense helps him. The way he keeps the offense on schedule, keeps the clock moving, and doesn't turn the ball over, the defense is always well rested and prepared. If you need him to win a game for you, he's as good as any QB in the league in a one drive situation. He's also had the worst receiving core in the league every year he's been in the league.

If you think he's average at this point, I'm not changing your mind, but I'm firmly standing on the "Wilson's one of the best QB's in the game" Boat.

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

I like Wilson better than young guys with more talent like Carr or Kaepernick. He's not in the P Rivers league though(although neither is Sheli but then you can just point to rings like Rapelisberger).
UBM CD COMING SOON

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

the problem with eilson is that he has made 2 super bowl appearances but had little to do with it. now the Hawks have to pay him accordingly which shouldn't be the case because once the seahawk defense comes back to earth and or Lynch is hurt or slows down: wilson cant throw it 40 times and win

so now all you have is an over priced system quarterback whos best asset is he's not asked to win the game by his arm

alpha

Post by alpha »

But how can you really tell if he can handle 40 throws a game when his number 1 receiver at times has been Doug Baldwin.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

nobody can tell because the coaching staff wont let it happen, which tells you that they know he can't do it

perhaps he'll improve and become a pocket slinger?

ric

Post by ric »

thoughts on David Carr?

I've been watching the Raiders season. I'm like halfway at this point. Dude needs to learn to stand and throw. just stand. don't fall back. don't run from ghosts. just fucking stand there and bounce in your little ready position and throw. but when he's on the run he can be freakishly accurate. more detailed thoughts to come.

dmc can still ball

I now understand why they didn't get that dline kid from usc in the draft. I disagree with it but I get it. that raider dline is top 1/3. they are actually really good.

makes you think.... after Peyton... whats gonna happen with Denver? demaryius is long term new . stupid move?

is San Diego gonna make a fucking run this year?

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

ric wrote:thoughts on David Carr?

I've been watching the Raiders season. I'm like halfway at this point. Dude needs to learn to stand and throw. just stand. don't fall back. don't run from ghosts. just fucking stand there and bounce in your little ready position and throw. but when he's on the run he can be freakishly accurate. more detailed thoughts to come.

dmc can still ball

I now understand why they didn't get that dline kid from usc in the draft. I disagree with it but I get it. that raider dline is top 1/3. they are actually really good.

makes you think.... after Peyton... whats gonna happen with Denver? demaryius is long term new . stupid move?

is San Diego gonna make a fucking run this year?
Lol its Dereck Carr not David, but he does have potential. I would be encouraged if I was the Raiders brass, but I must mention his stats last year are a bit inflated due to a large portion of them occurring in the 4th qtr during garbage time...

an-also

Post by an-also »

ric wrote: Lol its Dereck Carr not David
Derek

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

Which games were you watching that DMC was in fact still ballin?

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

Aldon arrested again.
UBM CD COMING SOON

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Tweak Da Leak wrote:Aldon arrested again.
DWI, Hit & Run, and Vandalism

what a G

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

49ers released OLB Aldon Smith.
Source: Jim Trotter on Twitter Aug 7 - 2:31 PM

Is it safe to say the 9ers have had the worst offseason in NFL history?

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

Yes.

Fucking Aldon, how hard is it to not drive drunk???

an-also

Post by an-also »

What a clown.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

how long until the Cowboys sign Smith?

ric

Post by ric »

Oh yeah shit Derek. lulz. some person.
Ramen wrote:Which games were you watching that DMC was in fact still ballin?
I've watched the first half of last season. he shows more than flashes. still can make something out of nothing from time to time. I'd like to see what he can do with the Dallas oline

alpha

Post by alpha »

As a raiders fan who's seen all the games like Ramen... Naw bruh he's done.

Jayou Ayen

Post by Jayou Ayen »

I had tears in my eyes during Seau's induction.

Take it up with Gloss, you White Piece of Shit.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Jayou Ayen wrote:I had tears in my eyes during Seau's induction.

:leon:

anyone ever been to Canton?