oh those raptors...

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

djm13

oh those raptors...

Post by djm13 »

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

Post by Gregg Popabitch1 »

clippers, east?

SoulClap

Post by SoulClap »

Hey he wanted first round money despite being drafted in the second round. Fuck him, 16 year old looking mother fucker.
The game is a oxymoron; we sold free-base

OMNI

Post by OMNI »

LOL

bringinoutbangerz
The Homer

Post by bringinoutbangerz »

SO LONG ROKO, YOU MISSED OUT ON SOME MONEY CANADIAN BACON

Sankofa

Post by Sankofa »

Joe Lieberman runs the Raps? No wonder they suck.

Req

Post by Req »

He was asking for too much money and the cap situation wasnt having it. Oh well, too bad, he'll go to Europe and play for 2 years and the Raptors will still have the rights to him regardless. Plus theyll likely have Calderon who showed alot of promise at the Olympics (he was the guy guarding Iverson in the Spain/U.S game)

i dont see how this looks bad on the Raptors, if anything, this was a good move.
F.U. MOOLAH

hustler

Post by hustler »

nothing is going good for the raptors right now especially in the media, they are considered pretty much a joke by most and babcocks mental capacity has been brought into question, with good reason, first arujo and now the 05 draft, taking villaneuva :naswtf: but i say we give him atleast half the season and see how his picks turn out, and see if arujo can average half a double double or something, the VC trade needed to happen but he shoulda got more..the way i see it arujo was strike one, VC trade was strike 2, this 05draft ..we gota wait and see... ROKO can go overseas and improve, no big deal he probably wasn't gona do much this season anyway, as for vilaneuva and graham, well if they bust then thats strike three for babcock and he needs to be fired before what happened to the grizzlies happens to the raptors.

Req

Post by Req »

who should they have taken other than Villaneuva?
F.U. MOOLAH

OMNI

Post by OMNI »

Req wrote:who should they have taken other than Villaneuva?
8 New York Channing Frye - C
9 Golden State Ike Diogu - PF
10 LA Lakers Andrew Bynum - C
11 Orlando Fran Vazquez - PF
12 LA Clippers Yaroslav Korolev - SF
13 Charlotte Sean May - PF
14 Minnesota Rashad McCants - SG
15 New Jersey Antoine Wright - SG
16 Toronto Joey Graham - SF
17 Indiana Danny Granger - SF
18 Boston Gerald Green - SG
19 Memphis Hakim Warrick - PF
20 Denver Julius Hodge - SG
21 Phoenix Nate Robinson - PG
22 Denver Jarrett Jack - PG
23 Sacramento Francisco Garcia - SG
24 Houston Luther Head - PG
25 Seattle Johan Petro - C
26 Detroit Jason Maxiell - PF
27 Portland Linas Kleiza - SF
28 San Antonio Ian Mahinmi - PF
29 Miami Wayne Simien - PF
30 New York David Lee - PF

bringinoutbangerz
The Homer

OMNI wrote:
Req wrote:who should they have taken other than Villaneuva?
8 New York Channing Frye - C
9 Golden State Ike Diogu - PF
10 LA Lakers Andrew Bynum - C
11 Orlando Fran Vazquez - PF
12 LA Clippers Yaroslav Korolev - SF
13 Charlotte Sean May - PF
14 Minnesota Rashad McCants - SG
15 New Jersey Antoine Wright - SG
16 Toronto Joey Graham - SF
17 Indiana Danny Granger - SF
18 Boston Gerald Green - SG
19 Memphis Hakim Warrick - PF
20 Denver Julius Hodge - SG
21 Phoenix Nate Robinson - PG
22 Denver Jarrett Jack - PG
23 Sacramento Francisco Garcia - SG
24 Houston Luther Head - PG
25 Seattle Johan Petro - C
26 Detroit Jason Maxiell - PF
27 Portland Linas Kleiza - SF
28 San Antonio Ian Mahinmi - PF
29 Miami Wayne Simien - PF
30 New York David Lee - PF
:lol:

Req

Post by Req »

ROFLZ UR SO FUNNAE
F.U. MOOLAH

bringinoutbangerz
The Homer

Babcock still has a way to go to get on Elgin Baylor's level

OMNI

Post by OMNI »

bringinoutbangerz wrote:Babcock still has a way to go to get on Elgin Baylor's level
I think elgin just let's his interns run everything. Why try when Sterling is your owner. But Babcock did an impressive feat becoming the worst GM when Isiah is still in the league.

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

Post by Gregg Popabitch1 »

i think elgin is content with being a top 5 SF of all time.

Sankofa

Post by Sankofa »

The Celtics have got to be pretty proud, what with two of the arguably top 10 worst all time GMs in Pitino and M.L. Carr.

OMNI

Post by OMNI »

Sankofa wrote:The Celtics have got to be pretty proud, what with two of the arguably top 10 worst all time GMs in Pitino and M.L. Carr.
Don't sleep on Chris Wallace (joe Forte, Keidrick Brown, Vin Baker, etc)

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

post utah scott layden was pretty awful

fred weis and donnel harvey?

however, in his utah days, layden was basically a fuckin legend (For those that don't know, he's the man responsible for drafting stockton and then malone the next year)
Nets 2022

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

Larry Bird isn't walking through that door.
Quality stitched MLB, NBA, NFL, and soccer jerseys: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FanJerseyz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

hustler

Post by hustler »

look this is about the raptors not about GOAT gms, villanueva plays the same position as bosh, the raptors best player therefore its somewhat illogical to use ur first pick on him..personally i woulda gone in a different direction. who knows maybe they can find a way to use them both at the same time or have villanueva anchor the second unit. it might work out, it might not. lets just wait and see before putting babcock on the same level as isaih, he's bad..but hes not isiah bad, yet.
thekeentwo wrote:hustler we can totally have sex

Req

Post by Req »

hustler wrote:look this is about the raptors not about GOAT gms, villanueva plays the same position as bosh, the raptors best player therefore its somewhat illogical to use ur first pick on him..personally i woulda gone in a different direction. who knows maybe they can find a way to use them both at the same time or have villanueva anchor the second unit. it might work out, it might not. lets just wait and see before putting babcock on the same level as isaih, he's bad..but hes not isiah bad, yet.
they may play the same position but theyre far from the same type of player. From what ive seen of him, Villanueva is a pretty good perimeter defender, passer and long rebounder. His problem is his interior toughness and agression (which is up to Sam Mitchell to sort out) The Raptors have enough parity on their squad that there'll be more than enough minutes to go around at the SF/PF position. Theres no reason why Villanueva and Bosh wont share alot of courtime together when they wanna go big. Especially since Villanueva doesnt have an impressive interior game (at least yet) which would mean having him at the SF and Bosh at the PF. Yes it wouldve been nice to pick up a center in the draft, but after Bogut, who was there?

Its hilarious though, that the Raptors were crucified for drafting for need rather than availible skill last year and then when they did the opposite this year they get crucified again. Who were they gonna draft instead of Villanueva? Green? They didnt like his attitude (as did a ton of other teams since they passed on him) Frye? He already had his mind made up on the Knicks and didnt want to come here. Bynum? LOL.

they got the most athletic player in the draft in Graham and the rights to arguably the 4th best point guard in Ukic so i dont see how it was such a terrible draft beyond Stephen A Smith's usual "look at me! i can talk louder than everyone else!" yappyness and Jay "Josh Smith will be a bust" Bilas' idiocy. Infact if the draft hadve went Graham/Villanueva/Ukic, no-one wouldve ben saying a cot damn thing. They simply went for Villanueva first because they thought Graham would slip to them again by the second pick, which he did.
Last edited by Req on Wed Jul 27, 2005 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
F.U. MOOLAH

b0mbs_of_death

Post by b0mbs_of_death »

Correct me if I am wrong, but I remember some UConn cames where Charlie looked really lost and did some jack and some shit. He can disappear pretty easy. I get the feeling he will be gone by the time next year is around since Rafer Alston hates it in Toronto(should have stayed in Miami) and you got two of the same guy, Bosh probably being the safer bet of the two. You can get power forwards, but quality PG's aren't so common.

Req

Post by Req »

b0mbs_of_death wrote:and you got two of the same guy, Bosh probably being the safer bet of the two. You can get power forwards, but quality PG's aren't so common.
you didnt read a damn thing i wrote, did you
F.U. MOOLAH

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

I can't believe anyone would support taking Villanueva 7th. It's completely moronic and that's all there is to it. There's no defense.
Quality stitched MLB, NBA, NFL, and soccer jerseys: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FanJerseyz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

an-also

Post by an-also »

Babcock's an idiot.

Req

Post by Req »

stupidregister wrote:I can't believe anyone would support taking Villanueva 7th. It's completely moronic and that's all there is to it. There's no defense.
yet not one of you can tell me who they shouldve drafted instead

or can dispute that no-one wouldve said shit if the draft hadve went Graham/Villanueva/Ukic

Yes Babcock fucked up with last years draft by not taking Iguadala, yes he fucked up his handling of the Carter situation, but he did not fuck up this draft by any stretch of the imagination.

I also think its funny how the Raptors are takin all the heat when there were plenty of other teams making suspect picks.
F.U. MOOLAH

an-also

Post by an-also »

Our draft wasnt bad at all. People are just hating but still.........
an-also wrote:Babcock's an idiot.

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

Req wrote:
stupidregister wrote:I can't believe anyone would support taking Villanueva 7th. It's completely moronic and that's all there is to it. There's no defense.
yet not one of you can tell me who they shouldve drafted instead

or can dispute that no-one wouldve said shit if the draft hadve went Graham/Villanueva/Ukic

Yes Babcock fucked up with last years draft by not taking Iguadala, yes he fucked up his handling of the Carter situation, but he did not fuck up this draft by any stretch of the imagination.

I also think its funny how the Raptors are takin all the heat when there were plenty of other teams making suspect picks.
Wow. You must be his nephew or something because there's no justification for supporting this guy. Nobody's told you who they should have gotten instead? Homeboy posted the entire first round. And he coulda went even more by including some 2nd round picks. Even the order you presented is crap because it still includes Villanueva. Cocoa Powder flat out sucks, I wouldn't have taken him even at 16. Instead of someone like Danny Granger, Nate Robinson, Ike Diogu, Julius Hodge, even Sean fucking May, you take Villanueva? Can you imagine the 1-2 punch the Raps could have gotten in this draft? Granger and Graham? Trade Rose and Mo Pete and you've got some all-around, exciting swingmen for the future. No bullshit from these guys, no baggage, no questioning the work ethic. Better luck next year, I guess. But wait, he'll probably fuck up that draft too.

And Ukic is gone, he's not even signing with the team because he's getting more money in Europe. So this "steal getting Roko in the 2nd round" is shot.

And by the way, resigning Mo Pete? Why the fuck would anybody want him? Didn't he draft Araujo too? And sign Rafer Alston?

You don't seem to realize that fucking up 1 draft can set your franchise back a long time. When you look at what the Bulls did with Gordon and Deng, they gave up a first rounder this past draft but look how well it worked out. They got Deng who's probably better than anyone else in this draft already. That's why blowing picks on Rafael Araujo and Charlie Villanueva are such bad moves.

Get off his Babcock.

an-also

Post by an-also »

I would have loved to have gotten Granger and Graham. That would have been amazing.

OMNI

Post by OMNI »

well said, stupidreg