OK, Let's Say Ted Brewski dies on the field

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

MaskedTerror # 2

OK, Let's Say Ted Brewski dies on the field

Post by MaskedTerror # 2 »

I think I would be more fascinated more than anything else. I mean, I hate that guy. I do. But to the point, he has made the money, his family is set up. I don't think I would feel the way I felt about Hank Gathers. Not that I really ever feel anything.

Now, I don't actively want him to die, but you have to admit that this would be crazy since essentially, it is what the media is waiting for. It is the set up. I can't remember anything like this. The guy had a stroke 8 months ago. Heart surgery to boot. Is he not on blood thinners anymore?

Maybe I am the only one thinking about this. Are you? What do you think your reaction will be?

(and please, if you think this is bad taste and want to make it known, check under your skirt and see if there is anything in your sack aside from potpourri)

Masked Terror # 2- The Violent One

"The pleasure was yours"

T-Wrex

Post by T-Wrex »

I thought he was nuts to come back to the NFL.

But, then I remembered Barret Robbins's troubles to adjusting to life without football and he went crazy.. Kyle Turley is mad depressed, as well.

Maybe Teddy needs to die on the field to bring his life some closure.

My old man's been out of work since 1988 with a fucked up back. He just gets grumpier and more regretful by the day.
ImageImage
ImageImage

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

Post by eternalreflection »

I think he's crazy, he's got 2 little kids, why risk it when you already have 3superbowl rings, plenty of money and a lot of life ahead of you

Kalel
Internet Celebrity

Post by Kalel »

if he dies on the field, the family cant sue the Patriots organization or the NFL right? and they cant sue the doctors cuz they never cleared him to play, correct? so it would just be one clusterfuck of fingerpointing and placeblaming.

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

Kalel wrote:if he dies on the field, the family cant sue the Patriots organization or the NFL right? and they cant sue the doctors cuz they never cleared him to play, correct? so it would just be one clusterfuck of fingerpointing and placeblaming.
he was cleared by a dozen doctors or so

and I'm pretty sure he signed liability waivers to get back on the field

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

eternalreflection wrote:
Kalel wrote:if he dies on the field, the family cant sue the Patriots organization or the NFL right? and they cant sue the doctors cuz they never cleared him to play, correct? so it would just be one clusterfuck of fingerpointing and placeblaming.
he was cleared by a dozen doctors or so

and I'm pretty sure he signed liability waivers to get back on the field
Negative on the waivers. Heard this morning on a local sports radio show and they said craft said he absolutley would not have to sign a waiver.
"Dosent russian bitches let you shit on their face?" -AxEwOuNdFiStEr-
Masked Terror #1 wrote:We were cranking Slayer on the underwater speakers the whole trip. Sharks love Slayer.
Reggie wrote:Bottom line is that if you're not making rap music because you love it and/or you've got something unique to say, that is, if rap is just your "hustle", then you're a fucking asshole.

MaskedTerror # 2

Right, supposedly the shrewd Bob Kraft left himself personally open to millions in liability. I am sure.

And to Trex, I think that it is an ego thing. Dying on the field would ensure first ballot hall of fame, probably pushed up to the next year. Cynical, sure, but I don't get the move.

But that is not the point. What do you think your reaction would be? You're watching the game, lets say next Monday night. Makes a hit on Edge, gets up, does a loopy spin and keels over head first into th ground. I think this is different from all other tragic sports stories because we have been saturated with info about it. I wonder is the news stories are already written.

"The pleasure was yours"

T-Wrex

Post by T-Wrex »

Chuck Hughes of the Detroit Lions is the only player to ever die on the field.
Maybe if Teddy dies it'd lift the curse off of us!!!
ImageImage
ImageImage

MaskedTerror # 2

T-Wrex wrote: Maybe if Teddy dies it'd lift the curse off of us!!!
I remember when that Houston Oiler coach had his skull cracked. Then there was the college ref I saw have a hear attack. Field Judge I think. He lived.

But yeah, I guess you are saying that there is a bright side.

"The pleasure was yours"

the Wiper

Post by the Wiper »

i'm pretty sure those doctors reassured him before he played last night..

i mean, say they gave him a 10% chance of something going wrong strictly because of football...kinda small, but then again, would you risk a 1 in 10 chance when you're already set, and have 2 small kids?

unless it was something like, 'you got a 10% chance of fucking up anyway, and football won't antagonize that at all..'

SeaTownBlues

Post by SeaTownBlues »

I think responsibility would fall on his kids, who said "the team needs you Dad"

point blank

Post by point blank »

If he really wanted to get back into football he could have tried to get on the patriots coaching staff like Mills did with the Panthers. I wouldn't risk it if I had a family.

Lance Goodthrust

Post by Lance Goodthrust »

MaskedTerror # 2 wrote: I think that it is an ego thing.
100% agree. The Magnificent 3 were screaming that he just loved the game that much last night. That he and most of the Patriots would play pro football for free. Bullshit. They love money and glory, and love football because it delivers both. And there is not a goddamn thing wrong with that, buts lets not pretend they would be putting their bodies on the line for nothing.

As for my reaction, I'm going to go with what happened when the riot in Detroit went down. I said "Oh Shit!" aloud, by myself, and then spent the rest of the evening watching the replays and studying every new camera angle. I was oddly fidgety because I knew I was watching something live that I wouldn't soon forget.

And I think the main reason I don't like him is because he spells his name Tedy. That really pisses me off for some reason.

Sankofa

Post by Sankofa »

Lance Goodthrust wrote:he mispells his name Tedy.

MaskedTerror # 2

Lance Goodthrust wrote:
MaskedTerror # 2 wrote: I think that it is an ego thing.
100% agree. The Magnificent 3 were screaming that he just loved the game that much last night. That he and most of the Patriots would play pro football for free. Bullshit. They love money and glory, and love football because it delivers both. And there is not a goddamn thing wrong with that, buts lets not pretend they would be putting their bodies on the line for nothing.
this is completely true. All of it. Every time I see the Tom Brady visa commercials or worse, the NFL network dancing patriot commercials, I think what purists they are. And Troy Brown does every local commercial he can get his hands on.
Lance Goodthrust wrote: As for my reaction, I'm going to go with what happened when the riot in Detroit went down. I said "Oh Shit!" aloud, by myself, and then spent the rest of the evening watching the replays and studying every new camera angle. I was oddly fidgety because I knew I was watching something live that I wouldn't soon forget.

And I think the main reason I don't like him is because he spells his name Tedy. That really pisses me off for some reason.
Thanks for being the only one to answer the question. I don't like Teddie because it seems like out of nowhere I had to hear how great he is, when he is about a good as Mike Vrabel.

"The pleasure was yours"

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

I don't like Teddie because it seems like out of nowhere I had to hear how great he is, when he is about a good as Mike Vrabel
yeah 1probowl, couple other solid seasons thats about it .. remember right after it happened, Omni was talking about him being HOFworthy

but being on Superbowl Championship teams, especially teams that win multiple SB increases your HOF chances by 10x or so

SeaTownBlues

Post by SeaTownBlues »

Bruschi plays with a lot of heart but he is extremely low on the god-given talent. He does have the tendency to come up with big plays, but more than anything he is a household name because his big stupid dumb face became the "face of the Patriots". He's a posterboy.

MaskedTerror # 2

He does kind of look like the Patriots/Elvis mascot.

Yeah, the HOF thing is probably a lock at this point. Annoying. It is gay. Guys like Harry Carson can't make it, but a dude with one pro bowl is. And now the emotional personal story. Makes me sick.

"The pleasure was yours"