Hockey

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Raphael De La Ghetto

Post by Raphael De La Ghetto »

bringinoutbangerz wrote: btw. Sergei Gonchar is a homo
You see that hit a few years back where darcy tukcer flattened him in Toronto. Good lord, that got my hyped up. One of the hardest hits I have seen live.

leafs game tonight, can't wait. Might go to the bar.

Beek

Post by Beek »

btown wrote:Also, has there been any talk about differentiating records set in the "new nhl" versus the old one? It's pretty aparent that forwards are in a much better position to absoluely shatter records with the new rules.
Not really... The new rules aren't raising scoring to new levels, they're just restoring scoring to the level it was at during 80s/early 90s. No one's going to score 50 goals in 39 games anytime soon.

jredd109

Post by jredd109 »

btown wrote:Also, has there been any talk about differentiating records set in the "new nhl" versus the old one? It's pretty aparent that forwards are in a much better position to absoluely shatter records with the new rules.
what records do you mean? i don't see anyone getting more than 215 points this year. hopefully a few guys make it to 50 goals and over 100 points though, the latter of which seems likely.

btown

Post by btown »

Yeah, you're right. I was thinking that, over the longterm, career records/milestones would be easier to break/reach but I didn't put the scoring in any sort of perspective. How easily I have forgotten what the NHL was like pre-neutal zone trap bullshit. Also, the only games I really catch are the Pens and Sens games and it seems like the outcome of every one of their games is like 6-4, so I guess that's why I have a skewed perspective.

On a completely unrelated note, I forget, did they increase the number of teams that make the playoffs this year?

Raphael De La Ghetto

Yeah, nobody is going to 'shatter' guys records. Guys were getting 50 goals in 50 games before, and I think only Gagne is on pace for that right now.
It wasn't rare for guys to have 55+ goals in a season.
and no, I am prety sure it's only 8 teams still, although they did try to change that for a sec...

Truth be known, I like the new rules, the only new thing I HATE is the salary cap. I think that's dumb, and we should use the NBA's style of cap.

bringinoutbangerz
The Homer

Post by bringinoutbangerz »

anyone see the 15 rounds of shootout between the Caps and the Rangers?
how's ollie going to stone Jagr and Straka yet let Marek Malik beat him!?!?!

still, it was pretty awesome

alpha

Post by alpha »

bruins just traded Joe thornton to the sharks for marco sturm, wayne priemeau and brad stuart. GO sharks what a lopsided deal

bringinoutbangerz
The Homer

alpha wrote:bruins just traded Joe thornton to the sharks for marco sturm, wayne priemeau and brad stuart. GO sharks what a lopsided deal
I hate thornton a lot less now that he is on the west coast

vinylfiend

Post by vinylfiend »

I hope this works out for the sharks and they can start winning again.

Beek

Post by Beek »

Wow, Boston might be dumber than the New York Islanders... I thought that was impossible.

an-also

Post by an-also »

The bruins management is known to screw up large.

alpha

Post by alpha »

all i have been hearing is how bad boston fucked up and I cannot disagree.... :lol: 408

Beek

Post by Beek »

alpha wrote:all i have been hearing is how bad boston fucked up and I cannot disagree.... :lol: 408
Haha, one of the rumours I heard was that they were talking about a different deal involving just Stuart, Samsonov, and some draft picks... Boston brought up the possibility of Thornton and San Jose jumped all over and got the deal done QUICK. How you gonna get rid of your franchise player WITHOUT a bidding war of some sort? Gotta give the Sharks credit for hustling them good :lol:

Sturm and Stuart played great for Boston today though

Raphael De La Ghetto

Bruins are reatrded. Thornton gets dissed, but why? I am pretty sure he is in the top 10 in scoring, plus he isn't a bitch. he can hit and drop the gloves, and he also has a name that will draw a crowd. Boston just.. fuck, they're retards.
Sharks just got a whole lot beter, although I am a fan of the D man they gave up, he's a hard worker. regardless, the sharks are on the map now.

leafs just killed ATL again. The leafs are so up and down thsi year it's out of control. It's not just the team but every player. lindros will have a great game than be a no show for 3 games. belfour, although slightly more consistant is similar.

The Leafs constantly stick Sundin with stiffs and young guys and it KILLS me!!
For God sakes, give him someone to play with (nh).

hustler

FUCK THE LEAFS

Post by hustler »

hey TO sucks. and as for the boston trade they beat ottowa (best team in the league by far) 3-0. sturm got a goal and an assist. thornton was a franchise player but he wasn't gettin the job done in boston, SJ needed a chnage too, even trade if u ask me. at first it looks like :naswtf: but boston got alot more depth. either way niether san jose or boston are gona win the cup so who gives a fuck.
thekeentwo wrote:hustler we can totally have sex

alpha

Post by alpha »

Beek wrote:
alpha wrote:all i have been hearing is how bad boston fucked up and I cannot disagree.... :lol: 408
Haha, one of the rumours I heard was that they were talking about a different deal involving just Stuart, Samsonov, and some draft picks... Boston brought up the possibility of Thornton and San Jose jumped all over and got the deal done QUICK. How you gonna get rid of your franchise player WITHOUT a bidding war of some sort? Gotta give the Sharks credit for hustling them good :lol:

Sturm and Stuart played great for Boston today though
don't get me wrong boston didn't do too bad...ive seen all the players they got play for the last few years. but one thing i know from watching sports is u never trade a GREAT player for good players. stuart adn sturm are gonna be solid players for years to come but neither will ever be in the running for an mvp like thornton could. either way, im looking forward to tonites game.

bringinoutbangerz
The Homer

This story is CERTIFIED :ohcanada:
Beek? (i guess that would have been a long drive)

Man crashes Canadiens' practice with 'nothing to lose'

MONTREAL -- Canadiens goaltender Jose Theodore has stopped a lot of shots in his day, but nothing like this: A stranger in hockey equipment jumped on the ice during practice and shot a puck at him.

"He couldn't beat me," Theodore said. "That's the main thing."

The practice crasher was chased to the side boards by coach Claude Julien, but wouldn't get off the ice until he was pulled away by an arena worker. The intruder called Theodore a "great goalie," adding he didn't score because "I didn't have time."

The 28-year-old man, a recreational hockey player intent on showing he could play at a top level, identified himself as Raphael. Police spokesman Olivier Lapointe said that although two officers spoke to the man, it was "not really a police matter," and he was not arrested.

He went onto the Verdun Auditorium ice when most of the players were at the far end of the rink. Wearing skates, full gear and a white hockey jersey, Raphael skated in on the star goalie with a stick and a puck. He was poke-checked on his first attempt, and Theodore then stopped a weak wrist shot to the high glove side.

"I didn't really know what was going on until the guy came on," a grinning Theodore said. "He came at me with his head down so I just wanted to say 'Welcome to the big boys.' I poke-checked him to say, `You have to keep your head up.' When he came back, I thought about going out of the net and not playing into his game, but then I thought he had the [courage] to go on the ice, so I let him have a free shot at me."

Raphael said he crashed the practice to show the Canadiens what he could do on the ice.

"For many years I wanted to play high-caliber hockey," he said. "I had nothing to lose."

A security guard was on duty at the rink during practice.

"The situation turned out to be harmless," NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly told The Canadian Press. "But hopefully it will serve as a reminder to all of us of the importance and need for ensuring adequate security to safeguard the health and safety of our players."

The Canadiens practice at the suburban arena when Bell Centre is unavailable. That was the case this time because of a Rolling Stones concert. About 15 to 20 fans, mostly youngsters, were on hand Monday.

The man had spent most of the practice sitting in the seats in hockey gear. Winger Alex Kovalev wondered if he was a player waiting to go on after the Canadiens practice. Then the man moved down next to the boards, tightened his skate laces and jumped on the ice.

"Maybe he was wondering if we need a right-handed shot and tried to prove he can play on our team," Kovalev said. "You need one of those things to give us a laugh."

rstennett

Post by rstennett »

Thats a great story! it would have been even more ganster if it was a player from a diff team that was in town and he just jump on the ice and started firing pucks. And when they ask him what hes doing he goes " i need some practice bitches, what!" :killacam:

bringinoutbangerz
The Homer

if he would have scored on Jose, the dude would be fighting off Disney movie producers with his hockey stick...

rstennett

Post by rstennett »

:megaman:

Beek

Post by Beek »

:lol: That shit is gully

Good time to bring up this thread since it's Oilers vs Penguins tonight. Who the fuck is this Michel Oullet kid? He's killin it, my best fantasy hockey pickup of the new year.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

speaking of hockey, i don't think i've ever felt as bad for a person as i do with wayne gretzky these days. this dude can't get a break.

Raphael De La Ghetto

Man, tonight vs the anucks (leafs) would have been FUCKIN GREAT but mcCabe is now out tonight.
What a shame, The Leafs and Canucks have almost the exact same record, goals for and goals against.
I am just hoping someone fuckin lays out Cooke and Ruutu. I hate thos fuckin faggots.

and word to Gretzky, the guy has had it rough these past few weeks.

Masked Terror #1

Post by Masked Terror #1 »

Been meaning to post this shit for a while.

Have any of you been checking the hockey coverage on OLN?

Shit is unbearable.

The unbridled fake enthusiasm of the commentators in nauseating. It's like at every turn they're trying to get you psyched about the great sport of hockey, giving you the hard sell.

Shit's embarrassing. They act like they're trying to get a new sport off the ground, like arena football or pro lacrosse.

I know hockey's not as popular as the other big sports, but guess what? It never will be. Hockey has a decent sized, very loyal, very informed fan base. That's all it's ever going to have. Stop trying to push it on the masses, they're not intersted. At the same time, stop pissing of the fans you do have by treating them like idiots.

I know Engblom and them are veterans and are obviosuly responding to pressure from the "network" (what a joke), but they should know better.

T-Wrex

Post by T-Wrex »

Thank God for CBC.
ImageImage
ImageImage

MD

Post by MD »

bringinoutbangerz wrote:if he would have scored on Jose, the dude would be fighting off Disney movie producers with his hockey stick...
I think the rest of the Canadiens would have beat the shit out of the guy first though.

The best part of the story is where Jose is like "I couldn't let dude score on me ... fuck that shit."

Raphael De La Ghetto

MASTER416 wrote:Man, tonight vs the anucks (leafs) would have been FUCKIN GREAT but mcCabe is now out tonight.
What a shame, The Leafs and Canucks have almost the exact same record, goals for and goals against.
I am just hoping someone fuckin lays out Cooke and Ruutu. I hate thos fuckin faggots.

and word to Gretzky, the guy has had it rough these past few weeks.
Funny how I call out those 2 clowns and they both score tonight.
Fuck Kessler.

Beek

Post by Beek »

Good news for the Masked Terrors: Mike Milbury has announced that he will resign as soon as a replacement for him is found.

The question now is whether or not they can lure fomer Islander Brent Sutter away from the Red Deer rebels. He has stated that being the Isles GM/coach would be his dream job.

Masked Terror #1

Post by Masked Terror #1 »

Yeah, no shit.

Eight coaches in nine years, when the team has only had 11 since 1972.

Unbelievable.

Milbury's lawyer belongs in the hall of fame.

bringinoutbangerz
The Homer

aw!