The 2006 NFL Predictions Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Stallworth can be productive, but he is terribly inconsistant. Having to watch Saints games every week, I would cringe anytime the ball thrown his way. He's fast as all fuck though.

Diggedy

Post by Diggedy »

I'm cautiously optimistic about the G-men this season...

I'm a superstitious cat...

I never like when they're favored to win the division or compete for the Super Bowl..

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

still illiterate wrote:
Icesickle wrote:
still illiterate wrote:
Icesickle wrote:
Gregg Popabitch wrote:the redskins DO need to put in campbell. brunell is going to suck and it will mark the downfall of the redskins. mark my words.

the eagles are a good team but are not better then the cowboys or giants. sorry.
So you're saying the Eagles are worse this year than the years they went to the NFC finals, or the Cowboys and the Giants are THAT good?
the years that philly went to the NFC finals, the whole NFC was weak. Now it's much stronger, the east in particular
It's not strong enough so that the Eagles are the worst team in their division. Without Stallworth I'd be inclined to maybe agree, but Stallworth gives McNabb a legitimate weapon.
They were the worst in their division last year. Does Stallworth win you an extra 4 games? Every team in the east made legitimate moves to get better. If the eagles played in the nfc west, they'd be a playoff team. But it's clear they're the worst of the best right now.
Last year the Eagles were without McNabb and Westbrook. It's not fair to compare. This year their healthy....for now.

still illiterate

Post by still illiterate »

Icesickle wrote:
Peeping Tom wrote:everybody's math is off

you can't have that many wins

this is embarrassing

Chargers win superbowl

end talk
LOL.
actually i have 6 too few wins. I guess i'm pessimistic.

bringinoutbangerz
The Homer

Post by bringinoutbangerz »

Peeping Tom wrote:everybody's math is off

you can't have that many wins

this is embarrassing

Chargers win superbowl

end talk
I placed no records in my predictions for this reason. I can't have the entire NFC West going 5-11 either...

Stoned Starks

Post by Stoned Starks »

I love how people talk about Shaun Alexander. It's always the same thing:
"he runs behind a great line, so he should get it done"
man, no body talked about people like Emmitt Smith like this. That guy had the best line in football and like Alexander tore shit up more than anyone save Barry Sanders (the G.O.A.T.).
Stop the hate. All you're doing is giving props to my team by saying that shit.

BTW, the loss of Hutchinson might hurt, but he was a GUARD! It's not like Mike Holmgren can't scheme a new guard into success. At this point people are just looking for reasons to not pick the Seahawks. I'm actually sort of glad we got rid of dude cause we got Peterson and Burleson with Hutch's money. The loss of Mike Green for the year might hurt, but I think Hamlin will be back to full strength. The only positions i'm not sold on is CB (save Trufant who I think will have a breakout year) and speacial teams, specifically on returns (hopefully Warrick will have a good year).
Peace

Spiccoli

Post by Spiccoli »

Stoned Starks wrote:I love how people talk about Shaun Alexander. It's always the same thing:
"he runs behind a great line, so he should get it done"
man, no body talked about people like Emmitt Smith like this. That guy had the best line in football and like Alexander tore shit up more than anyone save Barry Sanders (the G.O.A.T.).
Stop the hate. All you're doing is giving props to my team by saying that shit.
emmit did it when the NFC was the dominant conference, particularly on defense. there also has been plenty of emmitt hate over the years for the same reasons as alexander gets shit. shaun's an above average back, i could name five other backs who could put up the same numbers--and better numbers for some--in that shit ass division.

and you're seriously playing yourself if you don't think they'll miss hutchinson.

Peeping Tom

Post by Peeping Tom »

Spiccoli said it correctly, Dallas had the plenty of good D's within their Division nevermind the dominance of the NFC back then

Tiki Barber the lookalike could get better stats(due to him being able to actually catch a ball) on that team
Barstow CA:
myspace.com/clintonwayne

T-Wrex

Post by T-Wrex »

Charles Rogers was cut today.

People are jumping off bridges and/or building statues for Rod.

Some think it was a horrible move, some think it was necessary.

I just wish he would've panned out for us.

Now I hope he doesn't pan out for a NFC north team.
ImageImage
ImageImage

the brow

Post by the brow »

Stoned Starks wrote:man, no body talked about people like Emmitt Smith like this.
Who the hell do you talk to about football? Your mom?

That's what every Barry Sanders fan will tell you about Emmitt, and that's been the case for about a decade.
Shoot bro, I got a waterproof suit yo.

ripweblo
pork

Post by ripweblo »

the brow wrote:
Stoned Starks wrote:man, no body talked about people like Emmitt Smith like this.
Who the hell do you talk to about football? Your mom?

That's what every Barry Sanders fan will tell you about Emmitt, and that's been the case for about a decade.

Nl5H

Post by Nl5H »

i think their were a lot of pretty crazy cuts today... terry jackson from the niners shouldn't have gotten cut, he's been on hte team for 7 years.

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

Post by Gregg Popabitch1 »

popabitch pigskin preview blog tommarow.

still illiterate

i changed my predictions a bit. I thought it over and think that Minny is going to be decent this year. They are good in the trenches. I can see them as the surprise team this year. I put them at 9-7 since they have 4 free games, I can see them going 5-7 for their non Pack and Kittens schedule.

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

since PF blogger has been fucking up, i'll post my predictions in heah:

Every year I make NFL predictions and every year, i'm totally off. This year shouldn't be any different.

AFC WEST:
1. San Diego Chargers
2. Denver Broncos
3. Kansas City Chiefs
4. Oakland Raiders

The chargers take this division with a ridiculous front seven and arguably the best player in the league. Sure they have Phillip Rivers at QB but 2 of the other 3 teams in this division have Jake Plummer and Aaron Brooks at the helm. I like the Broncos but I have them just missing the playoffs. Great defense but Jake Plummer is shaky especially after the meltdown in the playoffs and now he has Jay Cutler looking over his shoulder. I'm also not a big fan of this RB merry go round they have going there. KC has the tools but their coach is Herman Edwards. He's going to make Marty Schottenheimer look like a genius in this division. Plus what was once the best Offensive line in the league is now rebuilt. Not a good sign for LJ. Only thing I have to say about the Raiders is Aaron Brooks. It's also nice to see a player named Huff in the league.

AFC South:
1. Indianapolis Colts
2. Jacksonville Jaguars
3. Houston Texans
4. Tennessee Titans

Colts are the class of the division here. The defense is still stout and they still have peyton (which means he's bound to choke in the playoffs at one point). I thought Jacksonville was ahead of schedule last year. I think they'll just miss out on the playoffs this year. First bold prediction here is that Garrard might take over for Leftwich at one point this year. I would've picked the Texans as a darkhorse sleeper if Davis didn't have grandma ankles in here knees. BOB reference there. The Titans are a mess except at QB where they are probably the deepest team in the league. Newsflash guys, you can use some of the money y'all spend at QB on other positions! Keith Bulluck is crying behind an elvis statue somewhere.

AFC North:
1. Baltimore Ravens
2. Cincinatti Bengals*
3. Pittsburgh Steelers
4. Cleveland Browns

Call me crazy but I like the Ravens alot. Extremely balanced all around. If Mcnair doesn't get hurt, this team can get a bye in the playoffs. Big If though. Bengals offense is the best in the league. I'm still not sold on their defense. I know what you're thinking. Every year the steelers lose someone and they still make the playoffs. However the division is alot tougher this year then last year and the turnover might be too much. I feel bad for the Browns but they are going in the right direction. They have some type of curse though. Everytime they acquire a big time player, he goes down early in the season.

AFC East:
1. New England Patriots
2. Miami Dolphins*
3. Buffalo Bills
4. NY Jets

Tough time picking b/w the pats and dolphins. Went with the Patriots for now because of Brady. NE has the healthier QB as of now. The Branch situation doesn't scare me that much. They still have a solid defense even though it's not as strong as yester years. The biggest hindrance to a super bowl run is (believe it or not and i can't believe i'm saying this) is losing their kicker. Dolphins offense looks like it's ready to do big things and their defense is still solid. It all depends on whether you see Pro Bowl Daunte or Multiple Turnover Culpepper. Bills might be a sleeper team but their QB situation is really iffy. Can you trust any QB named JP? Didn't think so. The Jets suck. honestly. I can't see how they can muster more then 3 wins.

NFC West:
1. Seattle Seahawks
2. Arizona Cardinals
3. St. Louis Rams
4. San Francisco 49ers

This division will be tougher then you think. Seattle will still probably run through this division but the Rams and Cardinals are improved imo. I like Seattle's chances but Alexander will succumb to the Madden Curse. It never fails. Prepare to die (if only for this season), Mr. Alexander. They did improve their defense which looks very scary on paper. The Cardinals have too much offense and have a defense with a lot of potential. Next year, this might be a team to worry about. The Rams' newfound commitment to the running game will make them better off. Don't have to worry about Martz' gameplans anymore with probably 4 running plays a game. LOL. 49ers need a couple more drafts before they can start competing imo. Vernon Davis will be a beast though.

NFC North:
1. Chicago Bears
2. Minnesota Vikings
3. Detroit Lions
4. Green Bay Packers

I really had a tough time picking a division winner here. Mainly because I think Minnesota is a really strong team that CAN win the division here. They'll at least push for a playoff spot. The Bears defense is too strong though. Plus I think Muhsin Muhammad will be in for a big year too. Especially now that he has a QB that isn't Kyle Orton throwing to him. Minnesota is a very good team. Might have the best offensive line in the NFL. Looks like Chester Taylor might have a breakout year. Could be this year's LJ. Lions could be a solid team. I'm convinced Martz can't be a head coach....just an offensive Coordinator. Marinelli will make sure Martz sprinkles in some runs into the gameplan. Martz might make Roy Williams look extremely good this year though. Packers o-line looks a mess as does their secondary. Who on the Packers is going to generate a pass rush? I can only think of 2 or 3 people off the top of my head. AJ Hawk and Barnett are going to rack up 200 tackles each considering how long they'll both be on the field.

NFC South:
1. Atlanta Falcons
2. Carolina Panthers*
3. Tampa Bay Bucs
4. New Orleans Saints

In my suprise pick of the year, I'm picking the Falcons to win the division over the Panthers. I really like the way the defense looks for the Falcons. That pass rush is going to be sick. I think Vick will play better. He just needs his receivers to hold on to the ball. He'll have a lot of help on the ground with Dunn and Norwood though. I like the Panthers alot. However they always seem to get some type of injury. Disgusting. They probably will win this division if they stay somewhat healthy. D'angelo will be the truth when Deshaun Foster goes down. Tampa Bay just looks old, especially on defense. They need to re build around simms and Cadillac. Saints defense is terrible. But at least they have Jesus in cleats!!!!

NFC East:
1. New York Giants
2. Philedelphia Eagles*
3. Dallas Cowboys
4. Washington Redskins

The Giants are loaded. It all depends on whether Coughlin can put it together and whether Eli is really lined up to take the leap. Usually, young QBs take the leap in their third year. With the weapons surrounding Manning this year, don't be suprised if it does happen. Giants pass rush should be insane and will help protect a suspect secondary. Mcnabb makes a MVP push and carrys the Eagles on his back. I still think the defense is a little suspect even though I'm sure Jim Johnson will help cover up the holes as best he can. I'm really not sold on their corners. I don't know what to think of the cowboys. They can win this division or finish in last. It all depends on if Owens disruptive or not. It seems like Owens was pushed on to Parcells' lap and he really didn't want him. I don't think the offense is as good as advertised. The defense is however. My buddy BOB keeps telling me Brunell is for real. I don't see it. I see a QB that isn't as mobile as he used to be, who's arm is not as strong as used to be, and overall just looks long in the tooth. BOB will bring up the stats and he feels stats don't lie. He is half right....Stats can be misleading. They'll be a solid team. probably finish around 7-9 or 8-8. They finish last by default unfortunately. In another division, they might win the division or make the playoffs through the wild card.

Award Winners:

MVP: Laadainian Tomilson

AFC Offensive Player of the Year: Ladanian Tomilson

NFC Offensive Player of the Year: Eli Manning

Defensive Player of the Year: Ed Reed

NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year: Jesus in Cleats

NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year: AJ Hawk

Popa's Super Bowl Pick:
Carolina Panthers over the Indianapolis Colts

WHAT?!?!? I didn't even pick the panthers as my divisional winner?!?! I feel by the time the stretch run hits, they'll be hitting on all cylinders if they don't get hit by the injury bug. That's a big "if".

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:since PF blogger has been fucking up, i'll post my predictions in heah:

Every year I make NFL predictions and every year, i'm totally off. This year shouldn't be any different.

AFC South:
1. Indianapolis Colts
2. Jacksonville Jaguars
3. Houston Texans
4. Tennessee Titans

Colts are the class of the division here. The defense is still stout and they still have peyton (which means he's bound to choke in the playoffs at one point). I thought Jacksonville was ahead of schedule last year. I think they'll just miss out on the playoffs this year. First bold prediction here is that Garrard might take over for Leftwich at one point this year. I would've picked the Texans as a darkhorse sleeper if Davis didn't have grandma ankles in here knees. BOB reference there. The Titans are a mess except at QB where they are probably the deepest team in the league. Newsflash guys, you can use some of the money y'all spend at QB on other positions! Keith Bulluck is crying behind an elvis statue somewhere. .
Unless you mean by injury this is the kind of statement that can only be made by a person who hasnt watched the jacksonville offense run for an extended period of time under both QB's. Gerrard is garbage and led the team to a 4-1 record against the weakest part of the teams schedule last year. This is how ole Dave runs the QB spot:

take the snap
drop back look for option #1
If its not there scramble around and try to run or throw a long pass no matter the coverage

Anyone who has seen dude play for an extended period of time and is knowledgable about the NFL game knows the dude isnt anywhere near a NFL starter this year
Yea Byron catches alot of flack in the ville and scrambles like bernie kosar but he gives the team a chance to win especially late in games when a come back is needed.
"Dosent russian bitches let you shit on their face?" -AxEwOuNdFiStEr-
Masked Terror #1 wrote:We were cranking Slayer on the underwater speakers the whole trip. Sharks love Slayer.
Reggie wrote:Bottom line is that if you're not making rap music because you love it and/or you've got something unique to say, that is, if rap is just your "hustle", then you're a fucking asshole.

Mo Cheeks

Post by Mo Cheeks »

time to up this shit I guess

mine was brutal

Diggedy

Post by Diggedy »

Diggedy wrote:I'm cautiously optimistic about the G-men this season...

I'm a superstitious cat...

I never like when they're favored to win the division or compete for the Super Bowl..
EXACTLY DICK

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

Post by eternalreflection »

Prophecy wrote:
Gregg Popabitch wrote:since PF blogger has been fucking up, i'll post my predictions in heah:

AFC South:
1. Indianapolis Colts
2. Jacksonville Jaguars
3. Houston Texans
4. Tennessee Titans

Colts are the class of the division here. The defense is still stout and they still have peyton (which means he's bound to choke in the playoffs at one point). I thought Jacksonville was ahead of schedule last year. I think they'll just miss out on the playoffs this year. First bold prediction here is that Garrard might take over for Leftwich at one point this year. I would've picked the Texans as a darkhorse sleeper if Davis didn't have grandma ankles in here knees. BOB reference there. The Titans are a mess except at QB where they are probably the deepest team in the league. Newsflash guys, you can use some of the money y'all spend at QB on other positions! Keith Bulluck is crying behind an elvis statue somewhere. .
Unless you mean by injury this is the kind of statement that can only be made by a person who hasnt watched the jacksonville offense run for an extended period of time under both QB's. Gerrard is garbage and led the team to a 4-1 record against the weakest part of the teams schedule last year. This is how ole Dave runs the QB spot:

take the snap
drop back look for option #1
If its not there scramble around and try to run or throw a long pass no matter the coverage

Anyone who has seen dude play for an extended period of time and is knowledgable about the NFL game knows the dude isnt anywhere near a NFL starter this year
Yea Byron catches alot of flack in the ville and scrambles like bernie kosar but he gives the team a chance to win especially late in games when a come back is needed.
Gerrard single handely lost the Tenn game, Jacksonville was 3-4TDs better outside of 3idiotic plays by Gerrard that gave Tenn 21points

lot of boneheaded plays in other games too, Jacksonville makes the playoffs with Leftwich, and is a threat

Popa was on point for the most part, NFC west is attrocious. The Jets are a bad team that luckboxed to 10-6 so that isn't really a bad call

The Colts aren't winning shit, it will be blamed on Peyton, but it won't be his fault

still illiterate

how'd you do? my picks were way off.

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

Gregg Popabitch wrote: Award Winners:

MVP: Laadainian Tomilson
i thought my predictions at the time were pretty good and they weren't way to far off. i'm most proud of the pick i just quoted. can't believe i picked Eli as NFC Offensive player of the year though. That's westbrook, steven jax, or brees. probably brees.

still illiterate

still illiterate wrote:

AFC East

1. New England Patriots ג€“ 9-7(don't really like their D, but still the tops in the east)
2. Miami Dolphins ג€“9-7(again the D is not the Dolphin D of old)
3. New York Jets ג€“ 5-11(it'll be a long year)
4. Buffalo Bills ג€“ 3-13(the Bills have no idea what they are doing. The draft proved that. The O-line is terrible)

AFC North
1. Cincinnati Bengals ג€“ 11-5(Palmer is the next great QB. The D is suspect, but good enough to win the division)
2. Pittsburgh Steelers ג€“ 10-6 (the target on their back is too big to repeat)
3. Baltimore Ravens ג€“ 8-8 (I say McNair lasts 11 games)
4. Cleveland Browns ג€“ 6-10 (Who's their QB again?)

AFC South

1. Indianapolis Colts ג€“ 11-5 (Manning is too smart and too good)
2. Jacksonville Jaguars ג€“ 10-6 (The D is nice)
3. Houston Texans ג€“ 7-9 (if Carr survives)
4. Tennessee Titans ג€“ 5-11 (They just aren't good. It'll take a while to rebuild)

AFC West
1. Denver Broncos ג€“ 10-6 (they'll chop block their way to a division title)
2. Kansas City Chiefs ג€“ 8-8 (I dont think the edwards system will take advantage of the weapons. The O-line will be much much worse)
3. San Diego Chargers ג€“ 8-8 (Rivers will make mistakes, but will be good)
4. Oakland Raiders ג€“ 4-12 (Wow Jeff George? They're desperate. they've made all the wrong moves over the last few years)

NFC East

1. Dallas Cowboys ג€“ 10-6 (The D is coming together and the recieving core is going to help Bledsoe a lot)
1. New York Giants ג€“ 10-6 (good squad up and down, but Manning hasn't shown he can handle the pressure)
3. Washington Redskins ג€“ 8-8 (Brunell might be playing a year too long)
4. Philadelphia Eagles ג€“ 8-8 (Good team, but in a bad division)

NFC North

1. Chicago Bears ג€“ 11-5 (No one ever respects them. The D is sick and didn't lose anyone. Grossman can at least not fuck up a few games)
2. Minnesota Vikings ג€“ 9-7 (Good in the trenches plus they get 4 easy wins a year.)
3. Detroit Lions ג€“ 6-10(bad team, again)
4. Green Bay Packers ג€“3-13 (This is just getting pathetic)
NFC South

1. Carolina Panthers ג€“ 11-5 (I like the Key addition. Good squad)
2. Tampa Bay Buccaneers ג€“ 10-6 (The Offensive has some good young players, they'll be good for a while)
3. Atlanta Falcons ג€“ 8-8 (Vick will have his highlights but wont' win the division)
4. New Orleans Saints ג€“ 6-10 (is breez back from injury?)

NFC West

1. Seattle Seahawks ג€“ 10-6 (Hutchinson loss is going to hurt them)
2. Arizona Cardinals ג€“ 7-9 (Great skill players, the O-line is pathetic. Thats a bad thing for Warner and a rookie QB)
3. St. Louis Rams ג€“ 7-9 (They'll have to change the system around, the Offense wont respond)
4. San Francisco 49ers ג€“ 4-12 (Terrible team. Wheres the D? )

AFC Champions: Indy
NFC Champions: Dallas

Super Bowl Champions: Dallas(maybe biased)

Offensive MVP: LT
Defensive MVP: Dwight Freeny

Offensive ROY: Bush
Defensive ROY: michael huff

Comeback POY: Pennington

Coach of the Year: Saban

RB of the Year: LT
QB of the Year: Palmer
WR of the Year: Fitzgerald
I had half the division champs correct. Can't believe Saban was gonna be coach of the year.