2014 Fantasy Football Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

ric

Re: 2014 Fantasy Football Thread

Post by ric »

Re Bennett
He's athletic enough to be a notch below Jim grizzle in an offense that attempts to get verticle all the time. I love the pick.

It's a strange feeling to have the score in my dynasty league go from 35-115 to 112-115 in literally one game

siLLy KiD

Post by siLLy KiD »

i'm starting Cousins over Luck this week...let's see how this pans out...

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

I'd say it's not looking good Silly Kid. Why in the hell would you bench young Andy Luck in a home matchup against the Titans?

alpha

Post by alpha »

exactly. So instead of dropping Hauscka(seattle K) I just kept him and am not starting a K this week. dumb move?

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

If you lose by 3 yes.

alpha

Post by alpha »

:rofl: fair enough.

one more, asiata or dwayne allen in the flex?

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

Asiata

siLLy KiD

Post by siLLy KiD »

unclebengi wrote:I'd say it's not looking good Silly Kid. Why in the hell would you bench young Andy Luck in a home matchup against the Titans?
I'm a degenerate gambler lmao...im gonna smoke the dude im playin this week anyways, so it didnt really matter...and if he didnt throw those 3 picks he woulda actually been aite lol

wheels

Post by wheels »

Is anyone in a deep enough league (nh) to have started Eli?

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

I started Eli in my main annual league. Wilson was on bye, had picked up Tannehill the week before to fill in, but after seeing him shit the bed last week and seeing Eli play well the couple weeks before I made the switch. After seeing how shitty the Redskins secondary looked against the Eagles after Deangelo got hurt I was actually excited about Eli's prospects this week. I started him in a couple Fanduel leagues too and might make a nice chunk of change this weekend because of it.

I'm a buyer on the Giants offense at this point though, that short passing game is great and the emergence of Donnell frees up Cruz and Randle to make plays on the outside.

siLLy KiD

Post by siLLy KiD »

Anyone else that drafted mccoy still think hes worth keepin around...? Dude hasnt been doin shit for me

wheels

Post by wheels »

You're not going to cut him, and nobody is going to give you shit for him at this point so I think you have to ride it out. Bench him if you have better options, but I wouldn't sell.

Sunday was fluky, all those touchdowns on D and special teams basically kept him off the field for an entire half. Doubt that happens again

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

pickup bishop sanky bro
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

I think McCoy's downgraded a tad on the year, but I think it gets a lot better starting this week. The Eagles will still be missing 2 premier interior linemen in Kelce and Mathis for several more weeks, but they get their RT Lane Johnson back for his first game this week which allows their RG who had been filling in at RT to move back to his natural position. So basically, even though they'll have a couple scrubs on their line still, they're upgrading two spots this week and should be a lot better for it. I'm expecting McCoy to have a solid game this week and continue to improve as the line gels.

Congrats to anyone who owns Travis Kelce (who I guess is the younger brother of the injured Eagles center). I only have him in one league and am kicking myself for not having him in more. Probably the #2 TE talent in the league behind Graham.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

fucking bum eddie lacy.

boianski

Post by boianski »

thinking of picking up sammy watkins.. who do i drop wes wekler or percy h.. or stay pat.?
also should i drop s. ridley for knile davis or justin forsett?

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

If it's PPR I'd keep Welker and Harvin, if not I'd drop Welker for Sammy. I'd probably drop Ridley for Forsett, but that's a tough decision. I just don't trust Hoodie's player usage enough to ever put Ridley out there while Forsett seems to really be seizing his opportunity in Baltimore.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Kelvin Benjamin & Calvin Johnson have identical target & catch numbers
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

zappy

Post by zappy »

i started asiata in the flex again after last week instead of chris ivory.

OH WELL

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

In my opinion you shouldn't start a guy in that flex spot on a Thursday. Good to have that flexibility going into Sunday.

Dwight Strawberry

Post by Dwight Strawberry »

I have #1 waiver in 2 leagues where I also have Monte Ball. I pretty much have to scoop Ronnie Hillman...right?

Or, should I scoop Andre Williams?

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

Since you have Ball I would think so, but it's tough to tell how these things will shake out. I think Williams is more talented than Ball or Hillman, but Rashad Jennings job appears to be safe and he should only miss a couple weeks. The Oliver kid in San Diego could have as much long term value as any of them since Woodhead is out for the year.

ric

Post by ric »

Picking up b Oliver if he falls to me through waivers kid is set up to succeed with all their rb injuries and mccoys proclivity to the rbs such an important role but even if Matthews comes back they'll rotate and woodhead is done and Don Brown is lulz

ric

Post by ric »

I have knile Davis he did well. But obv jcharles is back. Do I now drop the boy knile? Or is Charles a legit constant injury concern?

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

Depends on how many bench slots you have and how many bye issues you have in the coming weeks. I'm holding Knile in the one league I have Jamaal, but we have pretty large benches in that league. Knile is a great handcuff though, because he's shown how productive he can be on multiple occasions and he'll get an elite workload if Charles ever goes down.

ric

Post by ric »

@bengi
5 bench slots. I also picked up Carlos Hyde wk 1 so I'm rolling inefficient right now. One or both of those dudes have to go

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

That's tough, I'd say drop Hyde because a Charles injury would be devastating w/out Knile, but if this is your dynasty/keeper league you might be trying to hold on to Hyde.

ric

Post by ric »

@bengi
oh no this is regular league. Will trust the gawds. Drop Carlos pick up Chris ivory or storm johnson. Got Chris ivory but Johnson was the only jags rb doing things
:cheers:

also quick question. i have Russell Wilson. The Seattle bye is over. But Teddy is available right now. My current backup is kaepernick who is fantasy underperforming because he's not going nuts running and has 0 run tds which probably changes over the course of the season. So my question is which qb would you rather keep out of my opponents hands?

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

#1 I wouldn't worry TOO much about keeping either. You're going to start Russ every week no matter what and I wouldn't mind facing either Kaep or Teddy. I like Teddy better based on the limited sample size, but Kaep has more value in fantasy leagues right now. Just saw a trade go through in one of my leagues, Kaep for Roddy straight up. I'd put some feelers out there and see what you could get back for Kaep.

ric

Post by ric »

@bengi
ah. The savvy move.
Well played sir.
:cheers: