2016-17 NFL Season Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

GUCCI CONDOMS

Re: 2016-17 NFL Season Thread

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

capable_keL wrote:
GUCCI CONDOMS wrote: But for real, Mo Claiborne's improvement this season is palpable.
he has been really shitty so any improvement seems huge. Mo is a cover 2 corner with slow instincts, bad hips, and a poor tackler. Wentz is going to carve your soft defense into pieces and the Eagles Schwartz with remind you that Dak is a rookie

This version of the Bengals are not the dominant defensive group of the past.
Dallas moves ahead of the iggles in power rankings this week. Bring them on.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Sunday Night means we get to see the elite teams, A ROD is going to start stroking it

this is a tough guy conference
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Dallas >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Gmen

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

Packers was looking meh

DLG

Post by DLG »

Ereck Flowers apparently pushed an ESPN reporter in the locker room after the game. surprised he didn't whiff on that one too

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

Colts suck, but they'll win the division now that Watt's hurt. The gap between Luck and the other QB's in the division is wide and their decision to FINALLY start to go no huddle early in games will pay dividends.

Really eager to see the Seahawks play after their bye (hopefully Russ and Lockett are right now) and can't wait to see Jamaal Charles back in action. You gotta feel for the Chargers and their fans, every year it's the same story...injuries and hard luck. Raiders are winning, but I don't know what to make of them yet.

Vikes look incredible and Eagles still looked great despite the loss. Wentz spreads the ball around so well, his next step will be realizing that sometimes it's best to funnel it to your playmakers when the matchups/situations are right. Jordan Matthews and Zach Ertz should be big as the season goes on.

That was a huge win for Dallas, but I still need to see them beat an elite team before I'll drink the Kool Aid.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Eagles 2nd half was more less the Eagles of 2016. Schwartz adjusted beautifully but his 1st half didn't help. If Matthews would have kept that ball in hand, they'd be 4-0.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

Now that Gabbert got benched, Osweiler might be the worst starter in the league.

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

so, so bad...and he might have the best WR duo in the league. B.O.B. won't run him out there too much longer, gotta be sooo pissed at the owner, especially seeing how Hoyer is doing in Chi.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

Kind of feel like that's who Hoyer is tho, coming in with no expectations and having decent games. they needed to make a move but whiffed extra hard.

Surprised ric hasn't been in here talking about the Cowboys read option concepts looking sweet.

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

The owner got impatient is what happened. They needed a QB, but you can't force it. B.O.B. didn't want Brockweiler, it was an owner move, he even superseded the GM to make it. It's not like Hoyer's the QB of the future, but he didn't have much to work with last year. Put him on this team with Fuller and Lamar Miller and they'd win the AFC South, even without Watt.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

ok, I agree with you on that.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Osweiler isn't that bad. He had them at 3-1 and is a division leader. If he was in the NFC he'd totally be taking the East bro

DLG

Post by DLG »

brock got too money, not in the sense that he's not worth it, maybe he might be, but in the sense that expectations are too high because of the contract. If he was making less money he'd probably be more relaxed and playing better.

is luck destined to be the next marino or do tou guys think he gets a ring?

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

It's not looking good for Luck getting a ring in the near future, their defense is years away from being upper echelon. The hope for him is that he starts to assume a Peyton/Brady level control of the offense. He's been a good soldier to this point, but he was pissed after that Jax game and critical of the team's decision making for the first time I can remember. It's a big reason why they went up tempo from the start and gave him more control. Their O line features two promising rookies that are experiencing growing pains at the moment, but if they can improve a little there and get Moncrief back in the next couple weeks they have a chance to have the best offense in the league. Luck has been playing lights out all year despite being under constant pressure.

and Osweiler is that bad...he's plays like he's expecting to get hit with each and every drop back, no nuance to his game. I guarantee he'll get benched before the end of the year.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

DLG wrote:is luck destined to be the next marino or do tou guys think he gets a ring?
you didn't see that comment that the colts GM Grigson made about Luck's contract making it difficult to build a defense :lol:

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

So embarrassing. How about four years of Luck for pennies where you swung and missed at every defensive draft pick and free agent Grigs.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

Brock just looks like he is poorly developed.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

unclebengi wrote:So embarrassing. How about four years of Luck for pennies where you swung and missed at every defensive draft pick and free agent Grigs.
I'd have to think they make a change this year, coach and GM. Even tho I think they'll win the division because of luck that shouldn't save their jobs.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Chuck Pagano is ruining Luck's career. The guy is a hack. The worst thing that has happened to Luck's NFL career was Pagano recovering from cancer, and Arians leaving Indy.

Fucked up how things can turn out.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

The Cowboys won't start Romo over Dak, will they? Jerry Jones says: YES

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

capable_keL wrote:The Cowboys won't start Romo over Dak, will they? Jerry Jones says: YES
That remains to be seen. Def gonna be interesting to see how that plays out...

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

It's not a bad situation to be in. I think you play Romo if he's 100%, if he gets banged up again or is at less than 100% I'd bench him. With a healthy Romo though there is no doubt in my mind their offense would be more dynamic than it would be with Dak in the near future. Their defense is the underrated story of the season so far, but again, they haven't really played anyone.

DLG

Post by DLG »

yeah, if Romo is 100 percent you play him because he can throw it down the field effectively, especially with a great run game leading the team.

dak is a dink and dunk scrambler. won't be that effective too much longer.

ric

Post by ric »

Minnesota d is the fucking bomb. period.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

think you got to give Romo the nod, Dak obviously gonna be the guy going forward.
I don't expect Romo to do anything but I'm going to give dude a chance to ride off into the sunset, dude revitalized the damn franchise. they haven't won shit but no one is watching the Cowboys without him this past decade.

ric

Post by ric »

re cowboys
they changed their shit for dak. whether it will stay changed is obv a question because they don't base off the qb run potential necessarily but to be honest the little I've seen of the Cowboys this season indicates daks way is the best way. if they keep it up with Romo and they perform well then great. but it's obvious why they got dak and it's obvious to me that Romo is on his way out and dak is on his way in. but then you have jerry. lulz

obviously you've got to develop your shit with or without dak though. and dak has to progress too. chip has tunnel vision. well see what he does with the 49 and I haven't seen much of them this year either. but it's too bad really. the rest of the league took chips shit and the wave he was riding and put it in their own system and made it work. chips own progression has been a linear hodgepodge of wishful thinking. you can't run mesh 16 times per game for 3 seasons and expect the nfl to stay ignorant. and maybe it's a teaching issue. that's my biggest guess as to why hes been failing.

look at the Indiana rbs though. Jordan Howard. tearing it up. look at tevin Coleman. tearing it up. fucking sweet.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

DLG wrote:yeah, if Romo is 100 percent you play him because he can throw it down the field effectively, especially with a great run game leading the team.

#DAKISTHEFUTURE

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

DLG wrote:Ereck Flowers apparently pushed an ESPN reporter in the locker room after the game. surprised he didn't whiff on that one too
:lol:

djjeffresh

Post by djjeffresh »

GUCCI CONDOMS wrote:
DLG wrote:yeah, if Romo is 100 percent you play him because he can throw it down the field effectively, especially with a great run game leading the team.

#DAKISTHEFUTURE

you know what they say: once you go Dak...