Official 2008-2009 NBA Regular Season Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

HomeSkillet

Post by HomeSkillet »

an-also wrote:T-mac needs to retire...
:fail:
:rofl: with extra fail sauce

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

What the fuck is wrong with doc rivers... I meant to post this after the lakers game... Big baby is a bum, and powe puts in real work... so why is big baby getting more minutes.. it is to the point now where if you watch peirce never wants to pass to big baby but always looks to powe first when he is on the court.. just from looking it is easy to tell, but lets look at these numbers

big baby
mpg FG% rpg pts FTM-A
17.7 .404 3.5 4.8 66-85

Powe
mpg FG% rpg pts FTM-A
15.5 .500 4.2 6.4 116-172

You don't have to be a genius to see who is doing more work.. why is baby still getting minutes?? and why is doc letting him take jumpers??? he can hardly even finish hard when he is under the rim... and not to mention powe plays his position how he is supposed to and can get to the free throw line like one of the best in the league...

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

when I see Powe he just becomes a black hole, puts his head down and charges to the rim.

He does some work cleaning up boards and going up strong but I wouldn't trust either of them to score consistently and their both pretty bad on the defensive end
UBM CD COMING SOON

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Tweak Da Leak wrote:when I see Powe he just becomes a black hole, puts his head down and charges to the rim.

He does some work cleaning up boards and going up strong but I wouldn't trust either of them to score consistently and their both pretty bad on the defensive end
I would rather see Powe take it to the rack and get free throws then big babys ugly ass jumper... And powes defense is not bad. He is not elite in any way, but he will put a body on you and not jump at every pump fake (baby)..

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

Post by eternalreflection »

I think a bigger question is why the fuck does KG only get 32.5 minutes, I understand resting him a fair bit in the blowouts, but the big matchups he should be getting 40-42, not the 35-37 he gets

getting the 1seed in the east is going to be huge, so its not like last year where they could coast for much of the regular season

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

eternalreflection wrote:I think a bigger question is why the fuck does KG only get 32.5 minutes.
cause he doesn't take steroids.. go fuck up another thread..

Money Gripp

Post by Money Gripp »

That McGrady failed-dunk .gif is funny the first 20 times you watch it, but becomes kind of poignant on the 21st view.

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

Money Gripp wrote:That McGrady failed-dunk .gif is funny the first 20 times you watch it, but becomes kind of poignant on the 21st view.
about the 30th time that shit is just downright depressing.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

t-mac = needs hgh bad
Nets 2022

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

ehhhh he just did a pretty good dunk last week

they confirmed his knee had no new injuries so now frailmac needs to get his head in the game
UBM CD COMING SOON

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

Post by Gregg Popabitch1 »

naturalborn103 wrote:
Tweak Da Leak wrote:when I see Powe he just becomes a black hole, puts his head down and charges to the rim.

I would rather see Powe take it to the rack and get free throws then big babys ugly ass jumper... And powes defense is not bad. He is not elite in any way, but he will put a body on you and not jump at every pump fake (baby)..
i like powe a lot more too.

just to provide the case for powe over big baby:

Leon Powe- 15.7 PER
Glen Davis- 8.9 PER (that is god awful)

Powe- .575 TS%
Davis- .473 TS% (again, that is really fucking bad)

Powe- grabs 16.2% of every missed shot when he's in the game
Davis- grabs 11.8%

Powe- -0.9 Roland Rating
Davis- -9.0 Roland Rating

Both don't play at least average defense but Davis' d is much worse. he's just a wide body.

Powe should be playing a lot more then daivs. It's weird that davis plays more minutes per game then powe does.

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

Post by Gregg Popabitch1 »

naturalborn103 wrote:
eternalreflection wrote:I think a bigger question is why the fuck does KG only get 32.5 minutes.
cause he doesn't take steroids.. go fuck up another thread..
even though his steroids argument is fucking retarded, he brings up a valid point. don't hold his prior stupidity against him.

Money Gripp

Post by Money Gripp »

Latest rumor I've heard is that not only has Artest been upset with T-Mac's constant injury problems, but Yao has been talking shit about him as well.

Too bad T-Mac is untradeable.

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

word oughta phoenix is that Porter is meeting with Kerr to discuss a buyout

looks like alvin gentry gets the job
UBM CD COMING SOON

Money Gripp

Post by Money Gripp »

Terry Porter is an awful NBA coach.

Money Gripp

Post by Money Gripp »

This Bulls-Heat game has been a pleasant surprise - Beasley's come up big, Gordon's been money, even Tyrus Thomas and Joakim Faggot-Ass Noah have played well.

Hayzoos

Post by Hayzoos »

Who the fuck was the faggot on here who said earlier in the season that Thabo was capable of running an offense and that I was wrong about him being terrible? He just single handedly lost us that game.

Vinny needs the boot for not putting D. Rose in. What the fuck was he thinking?
Spottin fools frontin fly

http://www.last.fm/user/fopomofo

Money Gripp

Post by Money Gripp »

Great call by Eric Spoelstra. Everyone went to Wade, no one guarded the inbound-man. Game over.

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

an-also wrote:T-mac needs to retire...
:fail:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Play of the year thus far. He's such a Glass Joe bitch and I'm glad to see him failing. He's nothing but a crybaby who's a franchise killer and has never made anyone around him better ever. He's never deserved the elite status just cause he was semi-athletic with a good jumper for a while. Must be something in that family's genes with him and Vince Carter. I think they both tested positive for the "great individual run of about 3 years but never amounted to anything and now too frail to resurrect career." Get out of the first round you selfish oblivious softbatch. You fucking suck.
Quality stitched MLB, NBA, NFL, and soccer jerseys: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FanJerseyz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

an-also

Post by an-also »

Dirk has been abusing Garnett all game. I dont think i recall anyone schooling KG this badly before

Money Gripp

Post by Money Gripp »

an-also wrote:Dirk has been abusing Garnett all game. I dont think i recall anyone schooling KG this badly before
YES and now KG is just being a shithead. I LOVE IT.

YOU GOT OWNED. STFU KG.

Money Gripp

Post by Money Gripp »

And then Doc gets ejected. Good times.

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

an-also wrote:Dirk has been abusing Garnett all game. I dont think i recall anyone schooling KG this badly before
Dallas will find a way to lose

Snuggles the DESTROYER

Post by Snuggles the DESTROYER »

Tweak Da Leak wrote:word oughta phoenix is that Porter is meeting with Kerr to discuss a buyout

I feel strongly that Amare could come around this season if Porter was removed. I feel Thunder Dan should get the job though, because if the front office is giving up at least put a coach in charge that the town likes.

I hope Phx at least trades with Golden State so I can watch some interesting players.

Biedrins, Randolph and something would be the only scenario that would make me happy as a person.

Money Gripp

Post by Money Gripp »

Snuggles the DESTROYER wrote:
Tweak Da Leak wrote:word oughta phoenix is that Porter is meeting with Kerr to discuss a buyout

I feel strongly that Amare could come around this season if Porter was removed. I feel Thunder Dan should get the job though, because if the front office is giving up at least put a coach in charge that the town likes.

I hope Phx at least trades with Golden State so I can watch some interesting players.

Biedrins, Randolph and something would be the only scenario that would make me happy as a person.
As a Suns fan, do you ever feel like punching Robert Sarver in the face?

Money Gripp

Post by Money Gripp »

Wow. Paul Effin' Pierce.

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

eternalreflection wrote:
Dallas will find a way to lose
Dirk isn't able to beat a team like Boston by himself, total failure by the rest of the team in the 4th

Pierce had a monster 4th quarter

also how the fuck did Rondo get 15rebounds, so sick, 19/15/14 lol

Snuggles the DESTROYER

Money Gripp wrote:
Snuggles the DESTROYER wrote:

As a Suns fan, do you ever feel like punching Robert Sarver in the face?
It would only be worth it if a punch to the nose caused the last five years of lost draft picks to fly out his ears.

Otherwise, I'll just ride Phoenix's new light rail around crying into "Seven Seconds or Less."

Snuggles the DESTROYER

dp

Juice

Post by Juice »

Rondo 19 pts (9-14), 15rbs, 14ast.whut.