2013-14 NBA PLAYOFFS

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Who's winning finals

Spurs
72%
Heat
28%

Total votes: 36

peanut butter

Re: 2013-14 NBA PLAYOFFS

Post by peanut butter »

naturalborn103 wrote:Great ones tell their bodies not now...
Whelp guys that settles it once and for all, LeBron is definitely not a great player

PEACE

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

stupidregister wrote:Fucking bench Danny Green already, Jesus Christ.

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

As great as it is to see the Spurs win, that shit was embarrassing. Get your fucking house in order.
Quality stitched MLB, NBA, NFL, and soccer jerseys: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FanJerseyz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Req

Post by Req »

Amazing effort and resilience from the Spurs!! Never forget: this team would have beaten the Thunder even if they had James Harden back.
F.U. MOOLAH

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Pop went out his way to be nice to Doris Burke, especially after she really set herself up for another "turnover" interview.

hustler

Post by hustler »

suprised the refs didnt find a way to call a flagrant 2 on the AC and give lebron 2 shots + the ball.
thekeentwo wrote:hustler we can totally have sex

hustler

Post by hustler »

bottomline, everyone in the game played under the same conditions, but only one player couldnt handle it. #PUSSY

Req

Post by Req »

hustler wrote:bottomline, everyone in the game played under the same conditions, but only one player couldnt handle it. #PUSSY
:lol: Bron gone for 30! (degrees celsius)
F.U. MOOLAH

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

If hustler was banned from sports bar it would be a better place.

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

Can't help, but think about "the flu game"...and how this could have been Lebron's moment

Instead once again we are reminded you are not the King, there is only one Jordan.

That being said, he was clearly struggling, and Spo should have done a better job getting him rest given the circumstances. For once in his career his giant frame/build was a factor against him.

Also, once it was clear he wasn't gonna be a factor down the stretch I was waiting for Wade to demand the ball, and dictate the offense. Never happened.

Great game 1 tho, Niners/Ravens-esque with the title game building malfunction.

binary

Post by binary »

Great ones fucking hydrate. Great teams make sure their players are hydrated. Intelligence fail.

Req

Post by Req »

naturalborn103 wrote:If hustler was banned from sports bar it would be a better place.
says the guy who thinks Lebron James isn't one of the "great ones" :deform:
F.U. MOOLAH

Stoned Starks

Post by Stoned Starks »

If you have ever played a somewhat competitive game and gotten heat-induced cramps you know. If not you don't. It's a real thing that took me out of a high stakes game, and generally they happen late in the game for what should be obvious reasons.

The fact that this guy who has won the past two titles has to go through this is insane. No one can tell me that he shied from the moment.

Joe Pesci

Post by Joe Pesci »

So Lebron is definitely dropping at least 40 next game, right?

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Req wrote:
naturalborn103 wrote:If hustler was banned from sports bar it would be a better place.
says the guy who thinks Lebron James isn't one of the "great ones" :deform:
That was a direct quote from Mark Jackson. I was making fun of him. Anyone who thinks like that or says stuff like that is a idiot. If you have serious cramps it is impossible to run, it is not a question of toughing it out.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

binary wrote:

Great ones fucking hydrate. Great teams make sure their players are hydrated. Intelligence fail.
You're a idiot. He should of been prepared for the AC not to be working? Cramps are the worst for people with lean muscle. LeBron is 6'8 250 full of lean muscle. He also has played by FAR the most minutes over the last 3-4 years while being asked to do everything on both ends.

This should not even be a discussion. He couldn't play, plain and simple. Jordan or any other legend would not of been able to either if they were unlucky enough to get cramps in that situation.
"There is no athlete on the planet who could've played through those cramps," (Isiah) homas told Yahoo Sports. "Michael Jordan absolutely couldn't have played through those cramps. I absolutely couldn't have played through those cramps. As an athlete, there's nothing you could do."

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

would you rather be hot like everyone else or have 103 fever?

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Philaflava wrote:would you rather be hot like everyone else or have 103 fever?
Probably take the 103 temp. All kidding aside, both would be fucking atrocious.

hustler

Post by hustler »

Stoned Starks wrote:If you have ever played a somewhat competitive game and gotten heat-induced cramps you know. If not you don't. It's a real thing that took me out of a high stakes game, and generally they happen late in the game for what should be obvious reasons.

The fact that this guy who has won the past two titles has to go through this is insane. No one can tell me that he shied from the moment.
this. people who are really questioning his heart or toughness are just ignorant about what was actually happening. its plain and simple: you are physically unable to perform. its a lot of fun clowning on him about it tho :lol:

hustler

Post by hustler »

is there anything stopping the spurs from leaving the AC off in game 2? seems like a no brainer for me. im actually completely serious.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Positive A wrote:
Philaflava wrote:would you rather be hot like everyone else or have 103 fever?
Probably take the 103 temp. All kidding aside, both would be fucking atrocious.
If we are just comparing playing with no AC with fever then I'm taking no AC easy. If we talking cramps vs fever then its fever easy. NO ONE could play through cramps. Jordan included.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

So no one believes you can play through cramps? :lol:

Maybe not when your method of treatment is to park your ass on the bench and give up.

Yes, people play through serious cramping all the time. Are they are their best? Are they able to go 100%? No.

Lebron couldn't have been out there as a playmaker? Or a decoy?

I was disappointed he didn't give it another go.

Hayzoos

Post by Hayzoos »

VideoKilledThe wrote:So no one believes you can play through cramps? :lol:

Maybe not when your method of treatment is to park your ass on the bench and give up.

Yes, people play through serious cramping all the time. Are they are their best? Are they able to go 100%? No.

:fail:
Spottin fools frontin fly

http://www.last.fm/user/fopomofo

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

hustler wrote:is there anything stopping the spurs from leaving the AC off in game 2? seems like a no brainer for me. im actually completely serious.
They'll postpone the game before going through that again

PEACE

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Hayzoos wrote:
VideoKilledThe wrote:So no one believes you can play through cramps? :lol:

:fail:
For real. There is various degrees of cramping, and half the idiots who are screaming at LeBron are probably thinking of a charlie horse. There are DEFINITELY cramps that will not allow you to play at all. Your leg is seizing up and you can not move it. It is not a question of pain (even though it does hurt like crazy).

binary

Post by binary »

hustler wrote:
Stoned Starks wrote:If you have ever played a somewhat competitive game and gotten heat-induced cramps you know. If not you don't. It's a real thing that took me out of a high stakes game, and generally they happen late in the game for what should be obvious reasons.

this. people who are really questioning his heart or toughness are just ignorant about what was actually happening. its plain and simple: you are physically unable to perform. its a lot of fun clowning on him about it tho :lol:
Not questioning his heart at all, cramps suck. Questioning his and his team's intelligence and preparation. He was the ONLY one who got cramps - training staff and Lebron have to be questioned for that.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

binary wrote:
hustler wrote:

Not questioning his heart at all, cramps suck. Questioning his and his team's intelligence and preparation. He was the ONLY one who got cramps - training staff and Lebron have to be questioned for that.
He is also the only one who is 6'8 250 of lean muscle (more prone to cramping) who is asked to do everything on offense and defense and who has played by FAR the most minutes of everyone in the NBA in the last 4 years. No, they don't have to be questioned for the most overworked player in all of the NBA getting cramps at a game where the temp was 90+.