Official 2011 MLB Season Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

ALASKA wrote:pretty much nailed it

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/7034858/f@#-guys
Thanks for this.

"...baseball writers these days are afraid to write any angle outside of a pure, game-oriented, preferably sabermetrically sound "take" because they know the hungry math wolves will come charging down Twitter way."

Awesome.

PEACE

Jayou Ayen

Post by Jayou Ayen »

When I woke up this morning, I thought, "Hey, maybe this crushing defeat will kill off some of the Cowboy-Uppers and the Pink-Hatters and we'll be closer to the ideal mix of Red Sox fans: old angry drunk guys in bars, young angry drunk guys in bars, old and young angry drunk guys at Fenway who heckle Harvard-y fans and/or minorities, minorities who feel weird about being Sox fans,3 openly hate the city of Boston, and, as a result, secretly want the Sox to lose forever."
I really hope this is true.

Take it up with Gloss, you White Piece of Shit.

jredd109

Post by jredd109 »

just saw the last play in the sox o's game from last night today. crawford...wtf was that weak ass lazy shit. terrible effort on the catch then threw it in like a fucking little leaguer. someone wanted to go home early.

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Did I hear Matt Moore is starting Game 1?

Man, hold up...

PEACE

Kid That's Lifeless

Post by Kid That's Lifeless »

Best pitcher in the organization. O let do it.

Julius Seizure

Post by Julius Seizure »

i think theo and tito are both gone. theo to the cubs, francona to the white sox. francona might just take a year off. he has had 124 knee surgeries and a complete backiotomy and could probably use a year off to get healthy.

theo needs to get out of boston. he grew up here...it's almost comparable to lebron's needing to leave ohio. plus he definitely would jump at the chance to run an organization with having so many senior executives involved in decision making. simmons nailed the dynamics of why theo will leave in the bs report with jack-o from yesterday.

they should let ortiz go and plan on DHing youk. i would have no problem with them turning over the left side of the infield to middlebrooks and iglesias of they have decent springs. lavarnway, reddick, and kalish should all be on the opening day roster. doubront should be given every opportunity to win a rotation spot and i can't understand why weiland (or lackey/wakefield) was getting starts over him down the stretch. i would sign papelbon. not sure what they're going to do about the starting pitching. lester is the one i don't worry about. they need to get beckett out of his treestand and into the gym in the off season. i think buchholz will bounce back. lackey and crawford need to get psychological help in the offseason...seriously, it should happen.

should be easier to get tickets next year...already was much easier this year. i would love to see the death of "red sox nation" and sweet caroline should be retired. all that shit needs to be put to rest.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

peanut butter wrote:Did I hear Matt Moore is starting Game 1?

Man, hold up...

PEACE
matt moore is one of the most highly touted pitching prospects, not on the level of strausberg or price even because his rise was more "out of nowhere" but after he established his three PLUS pitches, he has been as highly touted as anyone

dude was amazing against us in 5 innings. 11 ks and he was missing bats easily on us. we usually have a hard time against hard throwing righties, not lefties.
Nets 2022

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Tito couldn't have done anything more for the team, or the city. Though I think he probably deserved a better deal than ending up a scapegoat, this is probably more of a blessing in disguise type of situation.

PEACE

The Rapping Coffin

Post by The Rapping Coffin »

peanut butter wrote:Tito couldn't have done anything more for the team, or the city. Though I think he probably deserved a better deal than ending up a scapegoat, this is probably more of a blessing in disguise type of situation.

PEACE
Not "probably", he DID deserve better. I heard that Beckett has turned into Kenny Powers. He drinks beer during games, and has become a divisive jerk in the clubhouse. He even has a clique of minions like Kenny Powers (Lester, Tek, and Lackey). Tito apparently was sick of his bullshit, and this is somebody who dealt with Manny for 4 yars.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Someone turning into Kenny Powers is a bad thing?

Is one of you lazy SB mod bums going to make NLDS threads already?
Games start tomorrow and shit.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Without Epstein that team wouldn't have even won their first championship. People have short memories.