Official NFL Thread for 2006-2007

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

ripweblo
pork

Post by ripweblo »

Choke wrote:Packers vs Raiders, who wins?

This is just pathetic.

brett favre would throw for 550 yds on this team and aj hawk would have 14 sacks

ripweblo
pork

Post by ripweblo »

Prophecy wrote:
ripweblo wrote:oakland is without a doubt the worst team in the nfl, this shit is just rediculous, i dont think they could score on the university of miamis D, art shell needs to go back to the cave he came out of asap
its not art shell its the o-line, i really think there are collegiate o-lines with more talent.
yea its def the o line but i mean all these dumb ass penalties also, wtf hes got to have a more disciplined team

ripweblo
pork

Post by ripweblo »

raiders play the ravens in baltimore against that D next week, jesus that shit is gonna get ugly

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

ripweblo wrote:raiders play the ravens in baltimore against that D next week, jesus that shit is gonna get ugly
everyone be sure to start ray lewis next week as he could have 10 tackles and 4 sacks
"Dosent russian bitches let you shit on their face?" -AxEwOuNdFiStEr-
Masked Terror #1 wrote:We were cranking Slayer on the underwater speakers the whole trip. Sharks love Slayer.
Reggie wrote:Bottom line is that if you're not making rap music because you love it and/or you've got something unique to say, that is, if rap is just your "hustle", then you're a fucking asshole.

the brow

Post by the brow »

Banner performance by Brooks tonight.
Shoot bro, I got a waterproof suit yo.

Peeping Tom

Post by Peeping Tom »

no broken neck for brooks

but merriman monstered gallery and every other Olineman than stepped in his path

hahahahah lamont jordan trying to block merriman

50 cent beers at the bar

o man was it a good night to be a chargers fan
Barstow CA:
myspace.com/clintonwayne

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

Merriman was awesome.

You can't blame them for running so much, Oakland really didn't have much of an answer, especially in the first quarter.

I also think the second crew was better than the Kornheiser one.

A lot of people picked the Eagles to finish dead last in their division, but they might win it handily. Granted they played my Texans, but still.
[i]Styles can be applied quickly to selected text.[/i]

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

Post by eternalreflection »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:i don't think the vikings are that bad at all.
football outsiders has them projected as a 6-10 team offense and defense both in the 20s

I hope they are wrong

Icesickle
Suburban Outfitter

Post by Icesickle »

Troy Williamson, despite those 2 drops, is gonna do some big things this year. If he would've caught that touchdown he would have had 120 yds, 1 TD.

As it stands he had 77 yds receiving and around 90 returning kicks... Not bad for his first game starting.

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

Post by Gregg Popabitch1 »

eternalreflection wrote:
Gregg Popabitch wrote:i don't think the vikings are that bad at all.
football outsiders has them projected as a 6-10 team offense and defense both in the 20s

I hope they are wrong
rele?!?!?

before the season, i was thinking more along the lines of 9-7

Peeping Tom

Post by Peeping Tom »

lets all bask in the chargers lightning bolt glory

come see the light with me
Barstow CA:
myspace.com/clintonwayne

Brougham33

Post by Brougham33 »

So Roy Williams is guaranteeing victory against the MIGHTY BEARS....do you believe him?

Chico Riviera Says NO.

Peeping Tom

Post by Peeping Tom »

Brougham33 wrote:So Roy Williams is guaranteeing victory against the MIGHTY BEARS....do you believe him?

Chico Riviera Says NO.
the bears are a fraud
Barstow CA:
myspace.com/clintonwayne

bringinoutbangerz
The Homer

Post by bringinoutbangerz »

sorry I couldn't respond to penny quick enough, I was at the ballgame.
The 'skins D pretty much blew all night, giving up big third down plays, never coming close to hitting Brad Johnson, letting Chester Taylor get too many easy carries, causing no turnovers, and finally, taking dumb-ass penalties on the crucial final drive. That ref was the one who threw Sean Taylor out of the Bucs game, so I am pretty sure he has an out for him. That late hit call was :larry: , and he called the facemask penalty a "major facemask." WTF is a "major facemask?" fag.

The offense was a little too gadgetty for my tastes, why can't they just give Portis or Betts the ball instead of sending six guys in motion beforehand? Moss played great, sucks he couldn't hold onto that touchdown ball. Randle-El played great too, cept he couldn't squeeze that last yard out of that sideout. Once I saw John Hall lining up outside of the twenty, I knew it wasn't going to happen. He never hits anything longer than 42 yards. Where is Mark Mosely when you need him?

Looks like the Vikes have a formidable offensive line, which I think made the biggest difference keeping the blitzers off of Brad, who has always been money on third down.

I am still pumped for the boys game. Should be a fucking glorious one. With the Giants and the 'boys losing last week, this isn't a terrible scenario, and coach has a so-so opening day record as well as a 0-9 monday night opener record. I'm not off the bandwagon yet, fags.

Peeping Tom

Post by Peeping Tom »

i thought you guys contained chester well especially against that monster O Line, took him 30 some rushes to get 80 some yards

the biggest thing was Mike rumph and Wright not being able to cover the receiver on 3rd, why didn't ya'll have archey or taylor help out the weak corner? i laugh when i look at the LB core of Minnesota tho
Barstow CA:
myspace.com/clintonwayne

bringinoutbangerz
The Homer

Peeping Tom wrote:i thought you guys contained chester well especially against that monster O Line, took him 30 some rushes to get 80 some yards

the biggest thing was Mike rumph and Wright not being able to cover the receiver on 3rd, why didn't ya'll have archey or taylor help out the weak corner? i laugh when i look at the LB core of Minnesota tho
Thats why I'm hoping that Springs will be back for the 'boys game and none of that "watch me get turned around by a Brad Johnson floater"-bullshit will happen. My guess is that Gregg Williams was sending Archuleta and Taylor to blitz on those third downs. Also, losing Pierson Prileou (on a fucking touchback. NO ONE TOUCHED HIM WTF) hurt those third downs where Gregg Williams would run a nickel d.
Fucking aye

pennsylvania jones
6th Man HOF

Post by pennsylvania jones »

If Dallas were to lose next week, and lose the way they lost to Washington last year (1st game), you might never see me again on PhilaFlava.

bringinoutbangerz
The Homer

pendiana jones wrote:If Dallas were to lose next week, and lose the way they lost to Washington last year (1st game), you might never see me again on PhilaFlava.
:ohsh:
This may end up as my sig....
SUNDAY!

Nl5H

Post by Nl5H »

man the niners should have won..it's ok, i'm glad they at least put up some damn points... alex smith played smart, and even though jonas jennings and larry allen left the game, smith was still playing well and the line still held up. i think we can take the rams next week.

an-also

Post by an-also »

Smith actually surprised me.

Icesickle
Suburban Outfitter

Post by Icesickle »

Smith is a really good QB. I don't see the hate. I wish the Skins had him; bitch ass Mark Brunell keeps on throwing the ball out of bounds every other play and makes Peyton Manning look mobile.

FAZER

Post by FAZER »

Peeping Tom wrote:lets all bask in the chargers lightning bolt glory

come see the light with me
Yes...it was a good night for a Chargers fan.

bringinoutbangerz
The Homer

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2584133

Porter seen pumping fist, laughing as Brooks is sacked
ESPN.com news services

When Raiders wide receiver Randy Moss said of his team, "things are crazy around here," he wasn't kidding.

The San Francisco Chronicle reported on its Web site that disgruntled receiver Jerry Porter who was inactive for the 27-0 beating the Raiders absorbed from the San Diego Chargers on Monday night, was seen laughing and pumping his fist on the sidelines when Raiders teammate Aaron Brooks was sacked for the seventh time.

Porter's role on the team has greatly diminished after he clashed with new coach Art Shell in the offseason over his offseason workout plans. Porter demanded a trade at the start of training camp, but the Raiders have declined to grant his wish.

Porter was slowed by a calf injury early in training camp but was healthy for the final three preseason games and was not listed on the team's injury report leading up to the game. He was on the sideline in street clothes for this game.

"As far as Jerry Porter is concerned, I really don't know where he stands, what the organization has in store for him," Moss told Fox Sports Radio last week. "So the only thing I can do is worry about the guys they're putting on the field."

Porter led the Raiders with 76 catches last season and had 942 yards receiving and five touchdown receptions in 2005.

He has not been listed as a starter all of training camp, even after the Raiders traded starter Doug Gabriel to New England on Sept. 2.

The Associated Press contributed to this story.

shopvack

Post by shopvack »

wow, thats fucked up and hilarious.

Spiccoli

Post by Spiccoli »

excellent sig fazer. according to rivers the dialogue in this gif went like this:

EDIT:
Sapp: "Don't tell me that was complete!"

Rivers: "Yes it was, big boy... yes it was."

Sapp: "Awe helllllllll!"

Peeping Tom

Post by Peeping Tom »

Icesickle wrote:Smith is a really good QB. I don't see the hate. I wish the Skins had him; bitch ass Mark Brunell keeps on throwing the ball out of bounds every other play and makes Peyton Manning look mobile.
smith is an overrated POS, he played in the weak mountain west division and got his great college stats with the five spread and doing little gay out passes every play against defenses that would make a highschool team look good

his 1-11 TD to INT ratio last year is more indicitive of his talent, i give it to him he had a good game against the loose Cardinals D but wait until he steps to a team with a half decent secondary and a pass rush to boot, hahahah smith will get slaughtered

i would take a 46 year old brunell over smith
Barstow CA:
myspace.com/clintonwayne

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

Post by eternalreflection »

shopvack wrote:wow, thats fucked up and hilarious.
good stuff

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Yea, Brunell is a much better look than kid-hands Smith. His "throwing the ball out of bounds" is pretty veteran way to make up for his old legs. I wish Favre would take note.

Smith may end up being ok, but right now I would take a proven veteran over his small amount of potential.

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

Post by Gregg Popabitch1 »

i wrote this saturday night but blogger has been fucking up:

Every year I make NFL predictions and every year, i'm totally off. This year shouldn't be any different.

AFC WEST:
1. San Diego Chargers
2. Denver Broncos
3. Kansas City Chiefs
4. Oakland Raiders

The chargers take this division with a ridiculous front seven and arguably the best player in the league. Sure they have Phillip Rivers at QB but 2 of the other 3 teams in this division have Jake Plummer and Aaron Brooks at the helm. I like the Broncos but I have them just missing the playoffs. Great defense but Jake Plummer is shaky especially after the meltdown in the playoffs and now he has Jay Cutler looking over his shoulder. I'm also not a big fan of this RB merry go round they have going there. KC has the tools but their coach is Herman Edwards. He's going to make Marty Schottenheimer look like a genius in this division. Plus what was once the best Offensive line in the league is now rebuilt. Not a good sign for LJ. Only thing I have to say about the Raiders is Aaron Brooks. It's also nice to see a player named Huff in the league.

AFC South:
1. Indianapolis Colts
2. Jacksonville Jaguars
3. Houston Texans
4. Tennessee Titans

Colts are the class of the division here. The defense is still stout and they still have peyton (which means he's bound to choke in the playoffs at one point). I thought Jacksonville was ahead of schedule last year. I think they'll just miss out on the playoffs this year. First bold prediction here is that Garrard might take over for Leftwich at one point this year. I would've picked the Texans as a darkhorse sleeper if Davis didn't have grandma ankles in here knees. BOB reference there. The Titans are a mess except at QB where they are probably the deepest team in the league. Newsflash guys, you can use some of the money y'all spend at QB on other positions! Keith Bulluck is crying behind an elvis statue somewhere.

AFC North:
1. Baltimore Ravens
2. Cincinatti Bengals*
3. Pittsburgh Steelers
4. Cleveland Browns

Call me crazy but I like the Ravens alot. Extremely balanced all around. If Mcnair doesn't get hurt, this team can get a bye in the playoffs. Big If though. Bengals offense is the best in the league. I'm still not sold on their defense. I know what you're thinking. Every year the steelers lose someone and they still make the playoffs. However the division is alot tougher this year then last year and the turnover might be too much. I feel bad for the Browns but they are going in the right direction. They have some type of curse though. Everytime they acquire a big time player, he goes down early in the season.

AFC East:
1. New England Patriots
2. Miami Dolphins*
3. Buffalo Bills
4. NY Jets

Tough time picking b/w the pats and dolphins. Went with the Patriots for now because of Brady. NE has the healthier QB as of now. The Branch situation doesn't scare me that much. They still have a solid defense even though it's not as strong as yester years. The biggest hindrance to a super bowl run is (believe it or not and i can't believe i'm saying this) is losing their kicker. Dolphins offense looks like it's ready to do big things and their defense is still solid. It all depends on whether you see Pro Bowl Daunte or Multiple Turnover Culpepper. Bills might be a sleeper team but their QB situation is really iffy. Can you trust any QB named JP? Didn't think so. The Jets suck. honestly. I can't see how they can muster more then 3 wins.

NFC West:
1. Seattle Seahawks
2. Arizona Cardinals
3. St. Louis Rams
4. San Francisco 49ers

This division will be tougher then you think. Seattle will still probably run through this division but the Rams and Cardinals are improved imo. I like Seattle's chances but Alexander will succumb to the Madden Curse. It never fails. Prepare to die (if only for this season), Mr. Alexander. They did improve their defense which looks very scary on paper. The Cardinals have too much offense and have a defense with a lot of potential. Next year, this might be a team to worry about. The Rams' newfound commitment to the running game will make them better off. Don't have to worry about Martz' gameplans anymore with probably 4 running plays a game. LOL. 49ers need a couple more drafts before they can start competing imo. Vernon Davis will be a beast though.

NFC North:
1. Chicago Bears
2. Minnesota Vikings
3. Detroit Lions
4. Green Bay Packers

I really had a tough time picking a division winner here. Mainly because I think Minnesota is a really strong team that CAN win the division here. They'll at least push for a playoff spot. The Bears defense is too strong though. Plus I think Muhsin Muhammad will be in for a big year too. Especially now that he has a QB that isn't Kyle Orton throwing to him. Minnesota is a very good team. Might have the best offensive line in the NFL. Looks like Chester Taylor might have a breakout year. Could be this year's LJ. Lions could be a solid team. I'm convinced Martz can't be a head coach....just an offensive Coordinator. Marinelli will make sure Martz sprinkles in some runs into the gameplan. Martz might make Roy Williams look extremely good this year though. Packers o-line looks a mess as does their secondary. Who on the Packers is going to generate a pass rush? I can only think of 2 or 3 people off the top of my head. AJ Hawk and Barnett are going to rack up 200 tackles each considering how long they'll both be on the field.

NFC South:
1. Atlanta Falcons
2. Carolina Panthers*
3. Tampa Bay Bucs
4. New Orleans Saints

In my suprise pick of the year, I'm picking the Falcons to win the division over the Panthers. I really like the way the defense looks for the Falcons. That pass rush is going to be sick. I think Vick will play better. He just needs his receivers to hold on to the ball. He'll have a lot of help on the ground with Dunn and Norwood though. I like the Panthers alot. However they always seem to get some type of injury. Disgusting. They probably will win this division if they stay somewhat healthy. D'angelo will be the truth when Deshaun Foster goes down. Tampa Bay just looks old, especially on defense. They need to re build around simms and Cadillac. Saints defense is terrible. But at least they have Jesus in cleats!!!!

NFC East:
1. New York Giants
2. Philedelphia Eagles*
3. Dallas Cowboys
4. Washington Redskins

The Giants are loaded. It all depends on whether Coughlin can put it together and whether Eli is really lined up to take the leap. Usually, young QBs take the leap in their third year. With the weapons surrounding Manning this year, don't be suprised if it does happen. Giants pass rush should be insane and will help protect a suspect secondary. Mcnabb makes a MVP push and carrys the Eagles on his back. I still think the defense is a little suspect even though I'm sure Jim Johnson will help cover up the holes as best he can. I'm really not sold on their corners. I don't know what to think of the cowboys. They can win this division or finish in last. It all depends on if Owens disruptive or not. It seems like Owens was pushed on to Parcells' lap and he really didn't want him. I don't think the offense is as good as advertised. The defense is however. My buddy BOB keeps telling me Brunell is for real. I don't see it. I see a QB that isn't as mobile as he used to be, who's arm is not as strong as used to be, and overall just looks long in the tooth. BOB will bring up the stats and he feels stats don't lie. He is half right....Stats can be misleading. They'll be a solid team. probably finish around 7-9 or 8-8. They finish last by default unfortunately. In another division, they might win the division or make the playoffs through the wild card.

Award Winners:

MVP: Laadainian Tomilson

AFC Offensive Player of the Year: Ladanian Tomilson

NFC Offensive Player of the Year: Eli Manning

Defensive Player of the Year: Ed Reed

NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year: Jesus in Cleats

NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year: AJ Hawk

Popa's Super Bowl Pick:
Carolina Panthers over the Indianapolis Colts

WHAT?!?!? I didn't even pick the panthers as my divisional winner?!?! I feel by the time the stretch run hits, they'll be hitting on all cylinders if they don't get hit by the injury bug. That's a big "if".

Nl5H

Post by Nl5H »

Peeping Tom wrote:
Icesickle wrote:Smith is a really good QB. I don't see the hate. I wish the Skins had him; bitch ass Mark Brunell keeps on throwing the ball out of bounds every other play and makes Peyton Manning look mobile.
smith is an overrated POS, he played in the weak mountain west division and got his great college stats with the five spread and doing little gay out passes every play against defenses that would make a highschool team look good

his 1-11 TD to INT ratio last year is more indicitive of his talent, i give it to him he had a good game against the loose Cardinals D but wait until he steps to a team with a half decent secondary and a pass rush to boot, hahahah smith will get slaughtered

i would take a 46 year old brunell over smith

whatever, he had no offensive line last year, and brandon lloyd and a shitty rashaun woods to pass to. if rivers didnt have LT to hand it to, then how good do u think he'd really be?