Official European Football 2012 Regular Season Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Req

Re: Official European Football 2012 Regular Season Thread

Post by Req »

stupidregister wrote:I don't understand why Chelsea are willing to sell Mata to United. Do they really think he's that worthless? Or do they think United are that far off that they think him going there doesn't matter? They wouldn't even loan Demba Ba to Arsenal, now they're selling their best player the last two years to a title rival? I'm confused. I thought PSG was in for him, why wouldn't they sell him there, even if it's for like 5m less? It sounds like United are overpaying for him even though he's very, very good but at least they're doing something. I'm sure they'll find a way to utilize him poorly but at least he'll play?
dude theyre getting 40m for him. Thats like 20m more than they originally paid for him! I couldnt even get that in Football Manager if I tried to sell him! I'd fucking snatch United's hand off if I was Chelsea. I also think Mou has some targets for that 40m. If it goes through, expect one or two players in before Feb 1st.

I'd love to be proven wrong, but if this goes through, it's the epitome of a panic buy.

btw i'd sooner pay 40m for Vidal. or 30+Nani or some shit. Didnt Juve used to want him? lol.
F.U. MOOLAH

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

I mean even if they offer the most, why would they sell unless it's such a good deal they can't pass it up. I thought I read that PSG was in on him for 35 as well. Wouldn't you take less from abroad than domestically? And couldn't they swing a deal with Atletico to get Diego Costa? Maybe the demand for him isn't as high as I think it is because United must be blowing the doors off of whatever else is out there. Regardless, it's a move that can't hurt. But I do wonder if anyone else will adopt the Moyes transfer policy of desperate-overpay-near-the-end-of-the-window though.

Being in for Vidal worries me, the dude is boss (when he's not diving).
Quality stitched MLB, NBA, NFL, and soccer jerseys: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FanJerseyz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Req

Post by Req »

everybody's in for everybody until they make an actual bid. I'm assuming Mourinho looked at the date and thought 'I've got about a week left here. We can get the Mata deal done and dusted in 24hrs and i can go right back out and buy a striker.' Wouldn't have been so quick with European teams... interleague paperwork, permits, back and forth bollocks could take up days. Then there's the cash upfront stuff. Spanish teams like to structure their transfers nowadays. PSG probably pay upfront, but apparently Chelsea aren't happy with them because of this Hazard stuff. Who knows. with Falcao shot to pieces, Chelsea might need to deal with PSG if they want Cavani.
F.U. MOOLAH

Comedy Quaddafi

Post by Comedy Quaddafi »

Balotelli is whoring himself out to Maureen. I miss him and wouldn't mind seeing him back in England. Such a character!

I'm slowly falling in love with Atletico. Would be a thing of beauty if they could win La Liga this year.

I know nothing about Draxler or if we will get him. But when I ask people they unanimously heap praise on him. His dribbling and passing stats are wild too. Not what we need now, but neither was Ozil.

Weird to see that some Mancs don't think they need Juan fucking Mata. Brilliant player. We don't "need" him either but I would love to have him play for my team. Classy guy too.
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

Req

Post by Req »

Comedy Quaddafi wrote:Weird to see that some Mancs don't think they need Juan fucking Mata. Brilliant player. We don't "need" him either but I would love to have him play for my team. Classy guy too.
the critique isnt that we don't "need" him, it's that we need other positions filled a hell of a lot more. Talk of Cabaye, Kroos and Vidal. Probably end up with Osman :lol:
F.U. MOOLAH

Guun

Post by Guun »

Pretty awesome goal.

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

The City/Spurs game was pretty awful. The bullshit red card on Rose (since overturned) really settled things relatively early on. Spurs just don't quite have the talent or cohesion that teams like Chelsea and City are showing right now.

City/Chelsea is obviously a huge match this week. I think it's between these two for the league, but ultimately I think it's City's year even with Aguero injured again.

Good move for Spurs to loan out Holtby, he wasn't getting any playing time for Spurs. Nice to see Arsenal do next to nothing despite their injuries. Liked seeing Zaha get a shot for Cardiff, I hope they stay up. Huge move by United to get Mata, I love that for them. Going to be super strong up the middle now. Can't blame Chelsea for selling Mata when they got the price they did, and Oscar is such a G.

I'd like to see Fulham, West Bromwich Albion, and Sunderland go down.
[i]Styles can be applied quickly to selected text.[/i]

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

jamrage wrote:I'd like to see Sunderland go down.
What?? Tyne-Wear Derby is awesome! Sunderland is going to stay up.

Comedy Quaddafi

I hope the teams with nasty owners go down. That's Fulham, Hull, Cardiff.

EDIT: didn't know someone else bought Fulham. Shahid Khan, an American-Pakistani who owns Jacksonville Jaguars. Will he keep the MJ statue?
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Barring one or two passages of play, Spurs passing is laughable at best in the early stages here.

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

Comedy Quaddafi wrote:I hope the teams with nasty owners go down. That's Fulham, Hull, Cardiff.

EDIT: didn't know someone else bought Fulham. Shahid Khan, an American-Pakistani who owns Jacksonville Jaguars. Will he keep the MJ statue?
If anything you should be rooting for clubs to go down that haven't made any effort to stay up. I agree that Cardiff's owner is a joke but Steve Bruce has done fantastic at Hull and they've actually spent. Look at WBA, Stoke, Norwich...they haven't done anything. Then clubs like Newcastle who haven't spent a dime all year, sell their best player, then pocket the dough. Fuck Mike Ashley.

Poyet has resurrected Sunderland after their shit show early on. Fulham are pulling out all the stops, Crystal Palace made some moves too. It should be an interesting finish.

And Khan has owned Fulham all year. The MJ statue came down months ago.

Also, LOL United & Spurs.
Quality stitched MLB, NBA, NFL, and soccer jerseys: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FanJerseyz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

I just can't believe how shitty Roberto Soldado is.

Req

Post by Req »

that might've been one of the shittiest games I've ever seen.
F.U. MOOLAH

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

Positive A wrote:I just can't believe how shitty Roberto Soldado is.
Yeah, he's pretty much useless. While I applaud Spurs effort to bring in a top striker it's clear that Soldado is incapable of making a consistent energetic effort on the pitch. He's got to go unless he can make significant changes before the end of the season.

That draw was a painful one.

Getting Townsend back should help things, and Eriksen and Paulinho have been fantastic. Spurs have a good team, but it's a three/four horse race this season, and Spurs ain't one of those horses. I too applaud the lower tier teams that have made moves like Hull, Cardiff, and Crystal Palace. Zaha looked pretty damn good for Cardiff yesterday, btw.

Chelsea/City was a solid game. Chelsea just about deserved the win, and not having Aguero clearly hurt City. Made things even more interesting up at the top.

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

Swansea fired Laudrup. Spurs, you know what you should be doing right now.

Y@k Bollocks
Location: I was wearing Sergio Tacchini before the internet existed

Post by Y@k Bollocks »

jamrage wrote:Swansea fired Laudrup. Spurs, you know what you should be doing right now.
Hire the manager of the team you've beaten every time since he's been in charge?

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

wowzers @ all 3 of Madrid's goals today. stupid lucky.

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

Y@k Bollocks wrote:
jamrage wrote:Swansea fired Laudrup. Spurs, you know what you should be doing right now.
Hire the manager of the team you've beaten every time since he's been in charge?
Right, cause that's clearly the number one criteria you should be considering. :roll:

Y@k Bollocks

Post by Y@k Bollocks »

jamrage wrote:
Y@k Bollocks wrote:
Right, cause that's clearly the number one criteria you should be considering. :roll:
Mallorca – 14 wins from 43
Getafe – 12 wins from 38
Spartak – 5 wins from 17
Swansea – 17 wins from 62. 1 win in their last 10.

I don't understand why you think he'd be such an improvement on Sherwood. 'Cos he isn't English?

Req

Post by Req »

Since Spurs want a 'program' and all, I'd like to see them take a risk on someone like Bielsa
F.U. MOOLAH

Y@k Bollocks

Post by Y@k Bollocks »

Vidic to go on a free? Bad darts from him.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... ummer.html

Req

Post by Req »

Y@k Bollocks wrote:Vidic to go on a free? Bad darts from him.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... ummer.html
he's 32 and his knees shot to pieces, nowhere near the defender he was 2 years ago unfortunately. Shame.
F.U. MOOLAH

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

Arsenal have the heart of a plastic bag.

I wonder how many gay locker room selfies they'll take after this one.

ian e

Post by ian e »

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

Holy Shit :ohsh: :ohsh: :ohsh:

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Can't talk since Spurs have been ravaged multiple times this season and I was rooting for an Arsenal win.

But this is abysmal from the Gunners.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

Second Chelsea goal was STUPID good.

Comedy Quaddafi

I expected a loss away to Liverpool, but Skrtlkgh's offside knee-goal after a few seconds rattled the team completely.

Liverpool have been free-scoring at Anfield and they've got the benefit of fewer games which probably strengthens their pressing a lot, esp when they're up for it, playing at home and in good form. Meanwhile our midfield is decimated and without a quick outlet on the wing or up front.

I'm not too bothered about this, the FA or the CL. Wednesday against United was always going to be the key game before our horror schedule in March.
- MB

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

ugly, ugly, ugly. but vital three points.