Official 2008-2009 NBA Regular Season Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Money Gripp

Post by Money Gripp »

naturalborn103 wrote:
Hayzoos wrote:You guys talk about the gayest shit. Jesus Christ.
sorry we aren't talking about how big Derick Roses dick is...
:lol:

an-also

Post by an-also »

Money Gripp wrote:
naturalborn103 wrote:

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Money Gripp wrote:
naturalborn103 wrote:
lol

2 pt reversal

Money Gripp

Post by Money Gripp »

Ainge resting after heart attack
ESPN.com news services

BOSTON -- Boston Celtics general manager Danny Ainge has been hospitalized after suffering what the team described as a minor heart attack.

The team issued a statement Thursday saying that the 50-year-old Ainge was "recovering nicely" at Massachusetts General Hospital and is expected to remain there for a few days.

Ainge was a guard on two of the Celtics championship teams in the 1980s and took charge of the team's basketball operations in 2003. He engineered trades last year for Kevin Garnett and Ray Allen, paving the way for the team to win its first NBA title since 1986.

Ainge did not attend Wednesday night's Celtics game because he was feeling sick.

Ainge woke up Thursday morning with chest pains and was taken to the hospital. Doctors later inserted a stent to unclog an artery that was 100 percent clogged.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

an-also wrote:
Money Gripp wrote:
naturalborn103 wrote:
:rofl:
Nets 2022

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

Post by Gregg Popabitch1 »

eternalreflection wrote:
naturalborn103 wrote:
eternalreflection wrote:
The difference between the haves and the have-nots is more drastic this year than most. There have been plenty of seasons where the #1 seed hasn't made it to the Finals. Remember what happened a couple years ago. Should we change the playoff format from season to season?
one of the top 4 teams wins like 90%+ of the championships, and #1 or #2 is over 50%, basketball is low variance, what is the point of the regular season if its just a glorified preseason
You're telling me you wanna throw Chris Paul or Dwayne Wade's teams out of the playoffs?
yea because neither is that good, at worst it should be the top 8 teams, which would be 1-3 in the east and 1-5 in the west
I am pretty sure you like math more then you like basketball.
all I'm saying is if you are going to play every team at least 2times, and 82games total, that you should really earn your place in the playoffs, and being better than half the teams doesn't cut it for me

Money was loling about how baseball plays 162games(which is fine, since teams run much closer and you can play nearly every day) but loves a system that involves an 82game season to simply remove the bottom half, I mean just play 40games then it gets the same job done and make the playoffs longer lol
shut the fuck up.

i imagine you watching basketball with a blowup doll, pocket protector, calculator, #2 pencil, computer, and cardboard cut out representations of friends in a room with a TV.

playofff basketball is more then about crowning a champion. it's about cementing legacies and creating memories. if just the top 4 teams in the whole league made it, we'd never have awesome shit like: bird vs. dominique, jordan's 63 points, the knicks crazy ill run as a 8th seed, the rockets ill run as a 5th seed, nuggets over sonics, sleepy floyd going the fuck off, Reggie going off for 25 in the 4th quarter against the Knicks, Jordan's shot over Ehlo, the Pistons winning it all, Reggie scoring 8 points in 9 seconds against Knicks, etc.

daedal

Post by daedal »

So excited for the playoffs!

During the blowout vs Denver last night they showed Portlands playoff experience which is the one thing that is scaring me about this first round matchup.

It is:
Raef Lafrentz (35 games)
Michael Ruffin (19 games)
Steve Blake (9 games)
Joel Pryzbilla (5 games)
Shavlik Randolph (2 games)

so only 14 games of experience total of anyone who has played a single meaningful minute of ball this year.

Luckily, the Blazers have played above their age and experience all year long.

Hayzoos

Post by Hayzoos »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:
eternalreflection wrote:
naturalborn103 wrote:
eternalreflection wrote:
The difference between the haves and the have-nots is more drastic this year than most. There have been plenty of seasons where the #1 seed hasn't made it to the Finals. Remember what happened a couple years ago. Should we change the playoff format from season to season?
one of the top 4 teams wins like 90%+ of the championships, and #1 or #2 is over 50%, basketball is low variance, what is the point of the regular season if its just a glorified preseason
You're telling me you wanna throw Chris Paul or Dwayne Wade's teams out of the playoffs?
yea because neither is that good, at worst it should be the top 8 teams, which would be 1-3 in the east and 1-5 in the west
all I'm saying is if you are going to play every team at least 2times, and 82games total, that you should really earn your place in the playoffs, and being better than half the teams doesn't cut it for me

Money was loling about how baseball plays 162games(which is fine, since teams run much closer and you can play nearly every day) but loves a system that involves an 82game season to simply remove the bottom half, I mean just play 40games then it gets the same job done and make the playoffs longer lol
shut the fuck up.

i imagine you watching basketball with a blowup doll, pocket protector, calculator, #2 pencil, computer, and cardboard cut out representations of friends in a room with a TV.

playofff basketball is more then about crowning a champion. it's about cementing legacies and creating memories. if just the top 4 teams in the whole league made it, we'd never have awesome shit like: bird vs. dominique, jordan's 63 points, the knicks crazy ill run as a 8th seed, the rockets ill run as a 5th seed, nuggets over sonics, sleepy floyd going the fuck off, Reggie going off for 25 in the 4th quarter against the Knicks, Jordan's shot over Ehlo, the Pistons winning it all, Reggie scoring 8 points in 9 seconds against Knicks, etc.
Ok Shakespeare. You're so poetic.
Spottin fools frontin fly

http://www.last.fm/user/fopomofo

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

Hayzoos wrote:
Gregg Popabitch wrote:
eternalreflection wrote:
naturalborn103 wrote:
eternalreflection wrote: one of the top 4 teams wins like 90%+ of the championships, and #1 or #2 is over 50%, basketball is low variance, what is the point of the regular season if its just a glorified preseason

shut the fuck up.

god hayzoos you truly are making a run at pettiest faggot on pf, stfu already
Nets 2022

kato

Post by kato »

mad faggots up in this shit...

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

Post by eternalreflection »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:
eternalreflection wrote:
naturalborn103 wrote:
eternalreflection wrote:

shut the fuck up.

lol the legacies are from the finals, which are almost always between 2 top4 teams, I mean sure you get the rare upset but its just sidenotes

just get rid of the regular season, it doesn't do or accomplish anything, its not like you guys actually want to determine the best team, you just want a fuckton of meaningless games, then a tournament where occasionally a bad team gets lucky

its not hard to have a system that rewards you for playing well for the full season, not just 5games at the right time and doesn't trivialize 90% of the games played

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

eternalreflection wrote:
Gregg Popabitch wrote:
eternalreflection wrote:
naturalborn103 wrote:
eternalreflection wrote: one of the top 4 teams wins like 90%+ of the championships, and #1 or #2 is over 50%, basketball is low variance, what is the point of the regular season if its just a glorified preseason

shut the fuck up.

lol the legacies are from the finals, which are almost always between 2 top4 teams, I mean sure you get the rare upset but its just sidenotes

just get rid of the regular season, it doesn't do or accomplish anything, its not like you guys actually want to determine the best team, you just want a fuckton of meaningless games, then a tournament where occasionally a bad team gets lucky

its not hard to have a system that rewards you for playing well for the full season, not just 5games at the right time and doesn't trivialize 90% of the games played
I think you may be the dumbest smart person I have ever heard.. The regular season does not accomplish anything?... Ok, so why are the Jazz playing the Lakers, or the Pistons playing the Cavs? Just cause you make the playoffs doesn't mean the playing field is now even.. 82 games is a lot, but still little enough where after the season you can go back to certain games and say, 'If we won that we would be a in whole different situation.'

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

Hayzoos wrote:
Gregg Popabitch wrote:
eternalreflection wrote:
naturalborn103 wrote:

shut the fuck up.

my bad for leaving off Derrick Rose's epic free throws against Kansas.

you are on the other end of the spectrum of eternalreflection but just as big of a faggot.

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

eternalreflection wrote:
Gregg Popabitch wrote:
eternalreflection wrote:
naturalborn103 wrote:

shut the fuck up.

lol @ the houston rockets being an aberration.

honestly, you've become a caricature of your fucking self. stop recycling ideas from apbrmetrics and thinking you are radically making sense.

Hayzoos

Post by Hayzoos »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:
Hayzoos wrote:
Gregg Popabitch wrote:
eternalreflection wrote:
naturalborn103 wrote: I am pretty sure you like math more then you like basketball.

shut the fuck up.

you are on the other end of the spectrum of eternalreflection but just as big of a faggot.
:owens: about it. You are emotionally unstable.
Spottin fools frontin fly

http://www.last.fm/user/fopomofo

an-also

Post by an-also »

eternalreflection wrote:
Gregg Popabitch wrote:
eternalreflection wrote:
naturalborn103 wrote:

shut the fuck up.

wow...just wow.

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

Hayzoos wrote:
Gregg Popabitch wrote:
Hayzoos wrote:
Gregg Popabitch wrote:
eternalreflection wrote: all I'm saying is if you are going to play every team at least 2times, and 82games total, that you should really earn your place in the playoffs, and being better than half the teams doesn't cut it for me

shut the fuck up.

:owens: about it. You are emotionally unstable.
lol bait and switch bitch.
Last edited by Gregg Popabitch1 on Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

an-also wrote:
eternalreflection wrote:
Gregg Popabitch wrote:
eternalreflection wrote:
naturalborn103 wrote: I am pretty sure you like math more then you like basketball.

shut the fuck up.

wow...just wow.
Seriously :naswtf: :naswtf: :naswtf: :naswtf: :naswtf:

djjeffresh

Post by djjeffresh »

that lebron left handed pass to joe smith was :ohsh: :ohsh: :ohsh:

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

locking thread because of playoffs.