Official World Cup 2010 Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Orale Holmes

Post by Orale Holmes »

Chale Holmes wrote:
jamrage wrote:The U.S. played really really well today. They were probably the better team on the field. A well deserved draw.

Howard and the defense were fantastic after the first few minutes. Cherundolo and Onyewu deserved a special mention.

England needs to get their shit together.
are u kidding?! Usa's defense is fucking terrible and got exposed big time! Their defense has been suspect for a long time.

I thought they played sloppy. Tim Howard is a fucking beast!!
Sounds like Mau will be starting over Clark. That should help a bit.

Onyewu's beard is slowing him down. :lol:

Boris.

Post by Boris. »

Congrats USA! well deserved draw in my opinion. England sucks and if they dont get alot better during the WC they aren't winning the cup.

Today Slovenia (my national team) vs Algeria. I think we should win this one, we have better names and team synergy. That would also put us in a nice place to advance to the 1/8 final. It's worth mentioning that our nation has a loser mentality so everything is possible.
Last edited by Boris. on Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you can't walk the walk, don't talk the talk.

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

Chale Holmes wrote:
jamrage wrote:The U.S. played really really well today. They were probably the better team on the field. A well deserved draw.

Howard and the defense were fantastic after the first few minutes. Cherundolo and Onyewu deserved a special mention.

England needs to get their shit together.
are u kidding?! Usa's defense is fucking terrible and got exposed big time! Their defense has been suspect for a long time.

I thought they played sloppy. Tim Howard is a fucking beast!!

Cherundolo was beastly, and Howard is one of the best keepers in the world. They had that nasty slip up at the beginning, but other than that the U.S. defense was rock solid. The 1-1 score bears that out. The U.S. defense had been mad suspect going into the WC, but they really outdid themselves yesterday.
Last edited by jamrage on Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
[i]Styles can be applied quickly to selected text.[/i]

Boris.

Post by Boris. »

yeah US defense was solid yesterday.

Markshot
O.G. Borky Johnson

Post by Markshot »

thryle wrote:@ the guy talking about Salpingidis - I think Otto wants to play with a towering striker, that's why Charisteas is playing
i know, but samaras has the same hight as charisteas or maybe he is even higher.
charisteas is a joke.
gekkas--samaras--salpingidis should be better option imho.

HomieDontPlayDat

Post by HomieDontPlayDat »

jamrage wrote:
Brougham33 wrote:
jamrage wrote:
HomieDontPlayDat wrote:I was talking about today too. America had only two shots on target and didn't create too many chances that really endangered England. I know about their team and I respect them, but there's no way that one could consider them the better team today, and that's not even considering the nature of their goal.
We'll agree to disagree.
Which part do you disagree with? US played decent and I'm happy with the result, but England had more chances and should have won this game.
That was sorta my point. The U.S. just seemed like a more cohesive unit than the English. Sure England had chances, but I never felt like they were on the same page with one another. The U.S. is much closer to playing its best game than the English. If the English play their absolute best they probably win 2 or 3 to nothing today.
I do get what you mean, but you said they were the better team on the day, which is just ridiculous. They played better for their standards, yes, and England played worse than their standard. But the fact is, the majority of the game was spent with England in possession, attacking in the US's half. Tim Howard admitted after the game that they were playing with their backs to the wall, and it paid off. I can't fault them for that, and I agree that their performance deserved the draw, but when your man of the match is either your goalkeeper or your centre back for his last-ditch defending, I don't really think you could be considered the better team.
Kalel wrote:I know a thing or two about fine ass pinot noirs

Yohan

Post by Yohan »

Lol @ England yesterday. Did not expect this at all, even though England os notoriously bad at big tournaments. Did not see the game, but I still think England should've won either way. Greece was aweful, I had no idea their team consisted of eleven turds. Assholes need to stop wasting tax money and start playing ball.

Watching Algeria right now and liking Belhadj and Ziani. First time I'm seeing Belhadj play and I'm a fan. Beforehand I had a one goal difference victory in favor of Algeria, looks like it might happen in the second half.

I think Germany will win 1-0 and I have faith in Ghana. Seen them play pre-tournament against the Dutch and was pleasantly suprised. Don't know how well Serbia will play though.

HomieDontPlayDat

Post by HomieDontPlayDat »

I did expect a 1-1 draw to be honest, me and my friends were annoyed that we didn't put money on it. England have been in poor form recently, and we were aware of USA reaching within 45 minutess of the Confederations Cup last year.
Kalel wrote:I know a thing or two about fine ass pinot noirs

Yohan

Post by Yohan »

I haven't been too lucky with "predictions" so far. I'll refrain from doing that in the near future :owens:

H.E.

Post by H.E. »

Green got competition:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/b7S4ExZXiic&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/b7S4ExZXiic&hl=nb_NO&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

No Sully Muntari? WTF...

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Kevin Prince Boateng looks like he may be a problem today.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Good half. Come on Black Stars! No :omgracist:

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

GHANA!!

Serbia was a clusterfuck.

H.E.

Post by H.E. »

Serbia was very disappointing and Ghana was a lot better than I expected.

Nice.

blessedbybuddha

Post by blessedbybuddha »

GHANA played well... not feeling the Serbia game

About the USA game... they stepped their game up! Last time I checked them out they were kinda wack... I'm glad they starting to play world class soccer... hopefully this world cup will be an opportunity to attract more soccer fan. HOWARD was a beast.
<object width="240" height="193"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jxIuLOhNNLE&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jxIuLOhNNLE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="240" height="193"></embed></object>

RacquetballGangsta

Post by RacquetballGangsta »

just now watching nigeria v argentina on espn3.com...
:naswtf: @ lars lagerback being nigeria's coach.had no idea he was...and thats just...weird...i dont see nigeria playing a swedish style and being successful lol
twitter.com/deweydimbabwe
www.stonesthrow.com/vex

nett ist der kleine bruder von scheiße

Panama

Post by Panama »

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Panama wrote:Image
:rofl:

Markshot
O.G. Borky Johnson

Post by Markshot »

very disappointed. we played like a bunch of pussies, only last 10 mins we did something.
our coach made some really poor substitute decisions..
hope we will play better agains germany.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Germany is a fucking machine.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

nh

Stoned Starks

Post by Stoned Starks »

:lol:

Stoned Starks

Post by Stoned Starks »

Lame red card.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Stoned Starks wrote:Lame red card.
Brutal card. Little known fact; this ref also refs in the NBA.

Boris.

Post by Boris. »

Just got home from the bar... we were celebrating all day.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

[quote="Boris."]Just got home from the bar... we were celebrating all day.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Rofl's. I had 4-0 in the Yahoo! picks league but changed it because I thought it would be ridiculous.

RacquetballGangsta

Post by RacquetballGangsta »

told niggas germany would be dangerous, even without ballack
twitter.com/deweydimbabwe
www.stonesthrow.com/vex

nett ist der kleine bruder von scheiße

Yohan

Post by Yohan »

Who knew? Germany can score! Knew they'd win but didn't think the margin would be this big.

But let's be fair: Australia was really really poor tonight.

Netherlands tomorrow! I have a 3-0 win written down somewhere. Difference might be smaller though.