Doc Halladay is the best pitcher in baseball

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Magneto

Post by Magneto »

Philaflava wrote:I'm pretty sure Money is baiting you to spice things up around here.
My fault Gloss, I didn't even mean to fuck up your thread, nigga just got me tight. I'm cool though. It is what it is.
"I spit that thug shit nigga, MOTHERFUCK singing"

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Johan today is not better than Halladay. I can't judge him based just his ERA. I actually watch these guys pitch and Halladay can shut down anybody, anytime of the year. He doesn't need warm climate or a pitchers park. Dude goes at the best and mows them down.

Also I respect the fact he doesn't want anyone else throwing the ball on the day he pitches. That says a lot about a pitcher.

Last year Roy pitched more innings and had 9 CGs. Imagine if Johan actually pitched into the 8th or 9th inning? You think his ERA would be the exact same?

Dwight Strawberry

Post by Dwight Strawberry »

Magneto wrote:
Dwight Strawberry wrote:
Magneto wrote:
Money Gripp wrote:
Magneto wrote: How the fuck is Halladay not better than Doc Gooden, by a wide margin? The fuck outta here nigga. Gooden isn't even close to Halladay. You're a goddamn moron if YOU think Dwight Gooden is better than fucking Roy Halladay.

Stick to shit you know...oh wait...you don't know shit. Fuck outta here, dickhead.
Dude, you're a fucking dry-wall installer, pretend-to-be-black-on-the-internet Dominican who was lucky to make it through high school. You think that Joe Budden's a better MC than Rakim. Your knowledge is confined to hood rappers, baseball, and comic books. You're a true thug, dunny.

When Halladay has a 1.53 ERA and 24-4 record in a single season, let me know, you third-rate Bill James faggot motherfucker.
Blah, blah, blah. I've already told you, we can meet up whenever and you'll find out how black I am, that is before one of my dudes slaps the fuck outta your cornball ass. You're a faggot through and through, from the dweeb ass nigga you got in your signature, to your entire cornball ass persona. I used to rob niggas like you for their walkmans back in Erasmus.
You're a school boy. Square ass nigga.

I could give a fuck about ONE season, look at their careers you GED drop out ass nigga. The fuck does Gooden having one season better than Halladay have to do with anything, you dork? You faggot?

Thread is on it's way to a bench clearing brawl

No it's not, fuck that nigga. I don't even have a problem with Money Gripp, but he's been coming at me sideways for the last 2 weeks or so, and I've peeped game. Nigga is a clown. I'm bout everything I say I am, so any time anybody gets the nuts to wanna see me offline to see if I am what I say I am, they can come hollar. Address, phone number, whatever. I want someone to act dumb, so the goons can come out. Real talk.
Dude, your slang is a bit much for a baseball related thread. I don't even know what half of what you said really means. I'm an accountant for christ sake.

BTW, does anyone know what the greens fees are running at this time of year at Harbor Oak Country Club?

Thanks pals

Magneto

Post by Magneto »

I think Santana is more talented, and who's better is a toss up, with the Edge to Johan, but I could listen to an argument for Halladay being better.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

^ I'd imagine that's how Elijah Dukes, Delmon Young, Lastings Milledge and Austin Jackson would type if they were :phila: members.

Magneto

Post by Magneto »

Philaflava wrote:^ I'd imagine that's how Elijah Dukes, Delmon Young, Lastings Milledge and Austin Jackson would type if they were :phila: members.
Delmon Young's fingers would miss the keys.

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

Post by Gregg Popabitch1 »

i got the nuts to meet magneto and see if he's bout it bout it.

Money Gripp

Post by Money Gripp »

Magneto wrote:
Money Gripp wrote:
Magneto wrote:
Money Gripp wrote:
Magneto wrote:He's always been called DOC

And he's waaaaaaay better than Gooden.
If you really believe that, you're a goddamn moron.
How the fuck is Halladay not better than Doc Gooden, by a wide margin? The fuck outta here nigga. Gooden isn't even close to Halladay. You're a goddamn moron if YOU think Dwight Gooden is better than fucking Roy Halladay.

Stick to shit you know...oh wait...you don't know shit. Fuck outta here, dickhead.
Dude, you're a fucking dry-wall installer, pretend-to-be-black-on-the-internet Dominican who was lucky to make it through high school. You think that Joe Budden's a better MC than Rakim. Your knowledge is confined to hood rappers, baseball, and comic books. You're a true thug, dunny.

When Halladay has a 1.53 ERA and 24-4 record in a single season, let me know, you third-rate Bill James faggot motherfucker.
Blah, blah, blah. I've already told you, we can meet up whenever and you'll find out how black I am, that is before one of my dudes slaps the fuck outta your cornball ass. You're a faggot through and through, from the dweeb ass nigga you got in your signature, to your entire cornball ass persona. I used to rob niggas like you for their walkmans back in Erasmus.
You're a school boy. Square ass nigga.

I could give a fuck about ONE season, look at their careers you GED drop out ass nigga. The fuck does Gooden having one season better than Halladay have to do with anything, you dork? You faggot?
Sorry, but I wasn't sufficiently intimidated by that. Maybe you should edit it to make it sound more threatening.

Also - I have a B.S. in Physics and my knowledge is pretty considerable in non-scientific subjects including sports. I would be surprised if you've mastered basic algebra, on the other hand.

Your whole "I'm a dude from the hood but I can recite the VORP stats for every American League East catcher over the past 5 years" is tough to take seriously. But hey, whatever works for you.

Back to the argument - Gooden had one of the greatest seasons EVER by a pitcher. In fact, he was on his way to being one of the greatest of all-time until his career was derailed by drugs and bad choices. He was a once in a generation talent.

I doubt you're gonna be telling your grandkids about the great Roy Halladay.

Dwight Strawberry

Dwight Gooden snorted rails with Punky Brewster!

Lock Thread

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Magneto wrote:
Philaflava wrote:^ I'd imagine that's how Elijah Dukes, Delmon Young, Lastings Milledge and Austin Jackson would type if they were :phila: members.
Delmon Young's fingers would miss the keys.
:rofl:

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

i'm going to to tell my grandkids about the day whitebread money gripp spouted off at the mouth to Uzi wielding Magneto

Money Gripp

Post by Money Gripp »

Philaflava wrote:I'm pretty sure Money is baiting you to spice things up around here.
I'm always amused when people say "come see me in the streets". Are you kidding me? It would be absolutely great to meet some black dude who is a hood rapper connoisseur and follows baseball as intensely as you do! Call me racist, but I just never heard of such a thing. It's truly remarkable. I would thoroughly enjoy meeting you in Brooklyn or Manhattan where we could perhaps chat about rap, sports, and various other matters over some Espresso as the distinguished gentlemen we are. Maybe even play a little chess.

Magneto

Post by Magneto »

Money Gripp wrote:
I'm always amused when people say "come see me in the streets". Are you kidding me? It would be absolutely great to meet some black dude who is a hood rapper connoisseur and follows baseball as intensely as you do! Call me racist, but I just never heard of such a thing. It's truly remarkable. I would thoroughly enjoy meeting you in Brooklyn or Manhattan where we could perhaps chat about rap, sports, and various other matters over some Espresso as the distinguished gentlemen we are. Maybe even play a little chess.
It's not racist, just incredibly dumb to think that black people don't follow baseball, intensely. WTF does that even mean? You don't seem like the type of dude that has experienced much in life, so I'm not surprised you haven't met one, but we exist.

And this is the last I will speak on it, in this thread. It allready got derailed enough. Check your PM

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Joe Pesci wrote:I'd take Halladay and Sabathia over Santana anyday.

Santana has the most impressive ERA, but there's one thing those 2 do that he doesn't.

Both of them routinely throw 120 pitches or finish games without a problem. That's the difference between them and Santana.
your comments do not count because you are obviously still butthurt that your faggy GM wouldn't give up Ian Kennedy for the best pitcher in baseball. How'd that work out for you?

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

eternalreflection wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
Tommy Bunz wrote:I think you are a bit too reactionary a lot of times. (sort of like your proclamation thread that Grady Sizemore is the second best player for his age in baseball)

Best pitcher discussion begins and ends with Santana, who has only had one ERA over 3 in the last six years and has dominated both leagues (also currently has a 1.77 era). Johan also has a significantly better strikeout ratio as well (last year was the first year Doc had anywhere near a 1:1 strikeout/inning ratio).

Halladay is definitely in a battle for the number 2 spot with Sabathia & Lincecum, and maybe Webb. Grienke is having an unbelieveable year no doubt, but I need to see him dominate two years in a row before he is officially in the same league as the other guys.
I'd take Halladay and Sabathia over Santana anyday.

Santana has the most impressive ERA, but there's one thing those 2 do that he doesn't.

Both of them routinely throw 120 pitches or finish games without a problem. That's the difference between them and Santana.
you don't want pitchers throwing 120pitches/game

Santana has pitched

innings since becoming a fulltime starter, Sabathia has 6 out of 8 seasons with less than 219

Halladay missed a lot of 2seasons and doesn't pitch that many more innings when healthy

since 04 Santana is clearly the best pitcher of the 3
Not to mention that Santana is still 2 years younger than Halladay.

In the last five years:

ERA:
Santana: 2.68
Halladay: 3.18

WHIP:
Santana: 1.04
Halladay: 1.12

Innings Pitched:
Santana: 1,217
Halladay: 1,056

K/9:
Santana: 9.45
Halladay: 6.49

BAA:
Santana: .215
Halladay: .249

Wins:
Santana: 93
Halladay: 81

As you can see, by any objective standard, Santana absolutely and positively blows Halladay out of the water and is by far the best pitcher in baseball. There is no way anyone can consider themselves an intelligent baseball fan and believe otherwise. Halladay is easily top-5, but people forget how truly dominant Santana really is, and has been for a long time.

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

BUT HALLADAY JUST PITCHED A COMPLETE GAME!!!!!!

Dwight Strawberry

Roy Halladay would be a welcome addition to any team in baseball...but Johan Santana is a god and has his own religion "Johanas Witness"

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:BUT HALLADAY JUST PITCHED A COMPLETE GAME!!!!!!
:lol: :copy:

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

Post by eternalreflection »

Philaflava wrote:Johan today is not better than Halladay. I can't judge him based just his ERA. I actually watch these guys pitch and Halladay can shut down anybody, anytime of the year. He doesn't need warm climate or a pitchers park. Dude goes at the best and mows them down.

Also I respect the fact he doesn't want anyone else throwing the ball on the day he pitches. That says a lot about a pitcher.

Last year Roy pitched more innings and had 9 CGs. Imagine if Johan actually pitched into the 8th or 9th inning? You think his ERA would be the exact same?
so Halladay is better because he stays in games when his stuff has become much worse?

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

There's a war goin' on in the PMs that nobody's safe from...

Money Gripp, did you at least tell Magneto that he shouldn't have pitted Run vs Rakim in the first round of the 80s tournament?
Tweak Da Leak wrote:My nigga Poppabitch fucks with the swine?

Joe Pesci

Post by Joe Pesci »

Tommy Bunz wrote:

your comments do not count because you are obviously still butthurt that your faggy GM wouldn't give up Ian Kennedy for the best pitcher in baseball. How'd that work out for you?
ok.

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

Joe Pesci wrote:
Tommy Bunz wrote:

ok.
lol, the Twins GM took the worst deal on the table from the Mets then what the Sox and the Yanks offered.

Do you think the Twins would do that deal with the Mets now or take hughes and melky or Ellsbury and lester (which was easily the best deal on the table by a mile)?

Money Gripp

Post by Money Gripp »

Roy Johnson wrote:There's a war goin' on in the PMs that nobody's safe from...

Money Gripp, did you at least tell Magneto that he shouldn't have pitted Run vs Rakim in the first round of the 80s tournament?
I was this close to not being able to have kids because of my comments in this thread :lol:

Nah, me and Mag are cool now. He's a man's man (no homo) and I respect that.

We just happen to differ on certain issues of vital importance: Joe Budden, Doc Gooden vs. this guy I didn't even hear of until this thread, and who was the best czar in Russian history.

Joe Pesci

Post by Joe Pesci »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
Tommy Bunz wrote:

ok.
lol, the Twins GM took the worst deal on the table from the Mets then what the Sox and the Yanks offered.

Do you think the Twins would do that deal with the Mets now or take hughes and melky or Ellsbury and lester (which was easily the best deal on the table by a mile)?
Between that and the Bartlett/Garza for Delmon Young trade, that had to be one of the worst offseasons ever for a GM.

Lester alone is worth more than all 4 players combined that the Twins received.

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

yeah it is a painful set of trades, made even worse by Bartlett hitting the fuck out of the ball

pretty sure Ellsbury + Lester never was on the table, one or the other sure, but not both

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

By all accounts, Ellsbury/Lester was never a real offer. Discussed, but whenever the Twins tried to push it through, Theo pussed out. The Red Sox were only involved to make sure that if the Yankees got him they had to give up the farm to do so.

Pretty sure Hughes was never actually on the table either. It was always Kennedy-Cabrera-3rd piece. The Twins insisted on Hughes, Cashman wouldn't budge so they had to take the Mets offer.

Gomez is the best defensive centerfielder in baseball though, so the deal, while not great, wasn't a total loss.

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

yeah and he might learn to hit before age makes his defense drop off, but with Santana putting up back to back cy young level yrs getting a bad offense great D CF doesn't really make you happy

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

what was it then?

ellsbury and bucholz? the twins wanted one of lester or bucholz, i could've sworn it was lester.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:what was it then?

ellsbury and bucholz? the twins wanted one of lester or bucholz, i could've sworn it was lester.
You had the names right, it was Ellsbury/Lester. Supposedly the Sox were willing to trade one, not both. But it was all just posturing to keep the price up for the Yankees, Epstein never actually intended to trade either of them.
That's my understanding at least.
eternalreflection wrote:yeah and he might learn to hit before age makes his defense drop off, but with Santana putting up back to back cy young level yrs getting a bad offense great D CF doesn't really make you happy
The fact that whoever made the trade was going to have to give Santana a huge deal pretty much forced the Twins hands. They probably would have been better off keeping him and taking the two compensation draft picks, in retrospect.

Julius Seizure

Post by Julius Seizure »

bunz has it right. atleast that's how it was reported by all the reputable sources in boston.