OFFICIAL NBA 2010-2011 THREAD

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

an-also

Post by an-also »

eternalreflection wrote:he averaged 8.6 assists last year with a bunch of bums, now he gets some teammates and he's going to drop to 6assists? I guess he might only play 28mpg or something, but he's going to be the point guard on the team
23 ppg, 9 assists, 6 rebounds

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

yeah, I don't see how Lebron averages less than 8.5 apg. That would blow me the fuck away.

Gregg Popabitch

Boston's fan's are so fucking awesome. A standing ovation for Shaq already in the first quarter!!!!!

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Rusty.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Oh and we all already knew this, but the C's ARE DEEP AS FUCK.

Sumthin_Funky

Post by Sumthin_Funky »

Damn, Heat just have no one for the low post, their half court game is awful.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

BLOW THE HEAT UP NOW! ITS A DISASTER!

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Suddenly I forgot about baseball.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Is somebody paying DWade to play this bad? He's terrible right now.

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

Post by eternalreflection »

ugly ugly start for Miami

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

Positive A wrote:Oh and we all already knew this, but the C's ARE DEEP AS FUCK.
starting line-up look like a fucking All-Sar team circa 99.

The Rapping Coffin

Post by The Rapping Coffin »

Arguably their best bench player is suspended right now too (Delonte West). Danny did a great job making chicken salad out of chicken shit with the low amount of money he had to spend during the summer.

This game means nothing btw. Heat have a whole season to gel, and the Celtics may never look better than they do right now with their age and health issues.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

The Rapping Coffin wrote:
Arguably their best bench player is suspended right now too (Delonte West). Danny did a great job making chicken salad out of chicken shit with the low amount of money he had to spend during the summer.

This game means nothing btw. Heat have a whole season to gel, and the Celtics may never look better than they do right now with their age and health issues.
Agreed on all counts.

And to be perfectly honest, I was hoping they kept Lasme instead of Wafer...but Danny knows his shit.

Gregg Popabitch

Sumthin_Funky wrote:Damn, Heat just have no one for the low post, their half court game is awful.
I disagree.

their offensive game looks out of sorts because lebron and wade are trying too hard. Wade is forcing shots and Lebron is forcing plays.

You don't need a low post game to be successful. That is bullshit. Jordan didn't start playing in the low or high post until his last 3 peat. You do need points in the paint though and the only way to get that without a low post game is penetration. The Heat have that.

an-also

Post by an-also »

KG's knees are shot.

Gregg Popabitch

KG threw a beautiful outlet pass to NAte Robinson though.

Gregg Popabitch

lol, the boston crowd is sooo great

Escobar305

Post by Escobar305 »

The Heat will be the best fast break team in the league. The half court game needs work though.

Gregg Popabitch

i'm worried about Miami's half court defense more then anything. Boston's ball movement is killing them. The big three all love to play help defense but if your team doesn't know how to rotate, you are going to get exposed.

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:lol, the boston crowd is sooo great
loved their response to Shaqs initial free throws
moved by duck muscles

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

do people still think the heat will only lose 10 games this year?

Big Breeze

Post by Big Breeze »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:
Sumthin_Funky wrote:Damn, Heat just have no one for the low post, their half court game is awful.
I disagree.

their offensive game looks out of sorts because lebron and wade are trying too hard. Wade is forcing shots and Lebron is forcing plays.

You don't need a low post game to be successful. That is bullshit. Jordan didn't start playing in the low or high post until his last 3 peat. You do need points in the paint though and the only way to get that without a low post game is penetration. The Heat have that.
I disagree with your assessment that you don't need a low post game to be successful. Now that is bullshit. Lanes close faster and the fouls are harder in the playoffs. You can only drive and dish so much inside. Your options are to drive to the basket to finish or if there is traffic you kick the ball outside for a jumper.

A player with a low post game keeps a defense honest. Yeah you can get layups and short jumpers without low post moves per say, but when somebody can drop step, pivot, and draw double-teams to create open shots for other players, that is a recipe for success.

Big Breeze

Post by Big Breeze »

I've been sayin all along that Boston is the best team in the East. This game will prove nothing because Miami is way behind the learning curve. They will catch up eventually.

Miami's ball movement on offense is horrible so far. Far too much one-on-one play so far.

Boston has 6 current or former all-stars on their team, plus a talented bench. One thing that could fuck up Boston in the playoffs is that they don't have that defensive wing player on their bench that can slow down the opposing teams key wing player(s). Don't know if Marquis Daniels will take over that James Posey/Tony Allen role. Von Wafer most definitely won't though.
Last edited by Big Breeze on Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gregg Popabitch

Big Breeze wrote:
Gregg Popabitch wrote:
I disagree.

I disagree with your assessment that you don't need a low post game to be successful. Now that is bullshit. Lanes close faster and the fouls are harder in the playoffs. You can only drive and dish so much inside. Your options are to drive to the basket to finish or if there is traffic you kick the ball outside for a jumper.

A player with a low post game keeps a defense honest. Yeah you can get layups and short jumpers without low post moves per say, but when somebody can drop step, pivot, and draw double-teams to create open shots for other players, that is a recipe for success.
You can disagree all you want but i've been proven right by history.

Sumthin_Funky

Post by Sumthin_Funky »

Big Breeze wrote:
Gregg Popabitch wrote:
I disagree.

Pretty much, the Heat's game is transition, and I know they will get better, they will gel, blahblahblah, but right now, they have already shown me they will not make it to the finals. Call me crazy, I know it is only one game, but Celtics have too much depth, too much experience, and too legit of a defense to not make it to the finals. Needless to say, Lakers 3 peat and I'm gettin drunk at another parade. :cheers:

Big Breeze

Post by Big Breeze »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:
Big Breeze wrote:
Gregg Popabitch wrote:
I disagree.

You can disagree all you want but i've been proven right by history.
Lets go back to the last 16 NBA champions, every single one of those teams had an inside low post presence. If you want to go back further, show me some more "history" and we can continue this delightful debate.

Gregg Popabitch

lol, horace grant is an inside post presence? Try to tell me that. I need a good laugh. Jordan wasn't really playing the post like that in the early 90's. Maybe it was cartwright or perdue!

Rasheed chucking 3s is your low post presence? or maybe mehmut okur? no, gotta be ben wallace!!! Rasheed did play more in the post that year then in the years previous and the years after but even then, he was the third option in that offense.

If you want to keep it in the past 16 years, let's look at the runner ups. Cavs had a huge post presence! Do you want to count Dirk as a low post presence? slippery slope. How about the Nets? Kenyon martin was not a post player. He was a face up penetrator and got half his points of cuts.
Last edited by Gregg Popabitch on Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gregg Popabitch

fuck it, let's continue this after the game.

would rather watch this game now that it's getting closer.

Big Breeze

Post by Big Breeze »

Commercial break at the moment and I will trump everything you say because even when you are trying to dismiss what I say, you are feeding into my argument.

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

Post by eternalreflection »

Lebron warming up and we have a game now