NBA Finals Thread: San Antonio Spurs vs Miami Heat

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Re: NBA Finals Thread: San Antonio Spurs vs Miami Heat

Post by Reason »

told yall 7 games

and just like i couldn't pick a winner at the time, i still have no fucking idea who will win...

unfortunately i'm pretty sure it might go like this:

game 6: close miami win

game 7: miami blowout

i am seriously dreading this scenario. i'd much rather have it reversed (blowout first, classic game 7)

of course i wouldn't mind TD getting his 5th chip and wrap it up in game 6, but as a gambling man, i can't vouch for that
Nets 2022

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

Pronay wrote:Image

:lol:
Holy shit.

And I got your PM and saw them before.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/spurs-coac ... --nba.html
THE GOOD POP: When an 11-year-old Latino boy who sang the national anthem before Game 3 was the subject of racist remarks on Twitter, Popovich leapt to the defense of Sebastien De La Cruz.

''He's a class act,'' Popovich said. ''Way more mature than most his age. And as much as those comments by the idiots saddens you about your country, he makes you feel the future could be very bright.''

---

THE DISMISSIVE POP: Popovich was asked after a 109-93 loss in Game 4 why Manu Ginobili had been so ineffective to that point in the series.

''I don't know,'' he said. ''If I knew that I would have already fixed it.''

---

THE INSTRUCTIVE POP: In illustrating the maturation of James before Game 2, Pop relished a chance to send a couple digs toward his favorite targets in the media.

''He's a grown man. He doesn't need any of you to tell him anything,'' he said. ''He knows more than all of you put together. He understands the game. If he makes a pass and you all think he should have shot it, or he shoots it and you think he should have made a pass, your opinions mean nothing to him, as they should not mean anything to him.''

---

THE TRITE POP: Popovich was asked about his strategy going into Game 5 and whether he could do anything different after James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh struck for 85 points in Game 4.

''I'd hate to be trite and say anything is possible,'' he cracked. ''Your question demands my triteness.''

---

THE CRAZY POP: Popovich said he has nothing to do with the unflappable nature of the Spurs as a team, and that it's all a testament to Tim Duncan.

''I think it's just a reflection of their personalities,'' he said. ''If anybody is crazy in the group, it's me. They pretty much have an even keel. Timmy Duncan sets the tone, and he just competes. Whether he does well or whether he does poorly, game in, game out, year in, year out, he competes and people just follow that.''

---

THE COMBATIVE POP: When the Heat went small and won big in Game 4, a reporter wanted to know if Popovich thought smaller lineups were a growing trend across the NBA. Nice try.

''You're not serious,'' he said. ''You want me to talk about the state of the NBA?''

---

THE ENLIGHENING POP: While decrying the lack of job security in the coaching profession these days, Popovich let everyone know why he thought the Spurs were so successful.

''The continuity I think breeds, it breeds trust, it breeds camaraderie, it breeds a feeling of responsibility that each member holds towards the other,'' he said. ''The ability to be excited for each other's success, not to develop territory and walls, but to stay participatory. To be able to discuss, to argue and come out at the end on the same page with the same passion and the same goals.

''And I think without continuity that's pretty impossible, because all the immediate tendencies of instant success starts to take over and that just breeds failure.''

---

THE FUNNY POP: Popovich was asked to compare Green to former standout Bruce Bowen after Game 5.

''I guess they both are similar in the fact that neither one of them has any moves,'' he said. ''They just shoot it. They don't really dribble or do anything else.''

---

THE PHLEGMATIC POP: On why he switched which end of the court his offense started at on the road this season: ''I was bored.''

---

THE UNSYMPATHETIC POP: It is well known that Popovich rode Parker hard when he first came to the NBA from France as a 19-year-old point guard. That subject came up after Parker led the Spurs to a win in Game 1.

''Are you related to Tony? Are you concerned I treated him badly? You seem very concerned about Tony's treatment,'' Popovich said. ''Tony makes $900 million a year. ... He's fine.''

---

THE STUBBORN POP: No matter how many ways it has been asked, Popovich won't concede to the success the Spurs have had in making things difficult for James. Is that maybe because he doesn't want to make James angry?

''You're digging really deep,'' Popovich said. ''You must need to write an article by 4 o'clock today or something.''

---

THE CONFOUNDED POP: After Parker was injured in Game 3, one reporter wondered if Popovich would ''mail in'' Game 4 by resting Parker in hopes of having him at full strength for Games 5, 6 and 7.

''I have to tell you that phrase 'mail in Game 4,' it confuses my whole brain,'' he said. ''I don't think I can think past that comment. I would like to help you, but I don't know how to help you.''

---

THE HELPFUL POP: When Popovich walked up to a group of reporters at the morning shootaround before Game 4, no one immediately asked a question.

''Do you want me to think of the questions, too?''

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Crawford in the crew for tonight's game.

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Positive A wrote:Crawford in the crew for tonight's game.
See yall Thursday night for game seven

PEACE

Req

Post by Req »

Lookin for a big night from Crawdaddy. Calling at least 6 phantom calls to get Wade to the line early. Duncan with 3 fouls and 6 mins to go in the 2nd. Lebron travelling and moving screens without penalty.

:ropeswing:
F.U. MOOLAH

drobizhek

Post by drobizhek »

Fuck a game 7.

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

There's NO WAY this series ends tonight. Tone gets set early, refs make their mark, Game 7.
Quality stitched MLB, NBA, NFL, and soccer jerseys: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FanJerseyz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

alpha

Post by alpha »

Stern dont want the spurs winning.

hustler

Post by hustler »

there is still a small part of me that thinks the spurs can win this. am i full :retard: for thinking this way? stern always does this to me. ever since kings vs lakers. but i keep coming back, i keep watching, i keep believing. maybe i secretly enjoy putting myself through this agony, rage and emotional torment.

Crawford officiating game 6..its gotta just be a coincidence right? There's no way this shit is rigged...

thekeentwo wrote:hustler we can totally have sex

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

Just hope it comes down to the last possession, fuck these blowout games.

Pronay

Post by Pronay »

Jesse Williams with the exclusive, overheard from the Spurs tunnel that they're gonna try to get that trophy TONIGHT. Put him on the panel with Magic already (& check his twitter after the 3rd, yo)

hustler

Post by hustler »

Pronay wrote:Jesse Williams with the exclusive, overheard from the Spurs tunnel that they're gonna try to get that trophy TONIGHT. Put him on the panel with Magic already (& check his twitter after the 3rd, yo)
:rofl:

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

kawhi leonard dunking on mike miller

jesus christ
Nets 2022

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

LOL Mike Miller's face.
Quality stitched MLB, NBA, NFL, and soccer jerseys: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FanJerseyz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Rest in peace Mike Miller

PEACE

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

Mike Miller :lol:

Pronay

Post by Pronay »

Waiting for a gif of that Leonard on Miller dunk

hustler

Post by hustler »

super kawhi :gyeah:

Big Breeze

Post by Big Breeze »

Represent that I.E. boy! Kawhi Leonard!

:cheers: :bow:

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Duncan's outlet passes are :jiz:

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

THE COMBATIVE POP: When the Heat went small and won big in Game 4, a reporter wanted to know if Popovich thought smaller lineups were a growing trend across the NBA. Nice try.

''You're not serious,'' he said. ''You want me to talk about the state of the NBA?''

THE FUNNY POP: Popovich was asked to compare Green to former standout Bruce Bowen after Game 5.

''I guess they both are similar in the fact that neither one of them has any moves,'' he said. ''They just shoot it. They don't really dribble or do anything else.''

THE PHLEGMATIC POP: On why he switched which end of the court his offense started at on the road this season: ''I was bored.''

---

THE UNSYMPATHETIC POP: It is well known that Popovich rode Parker hard when he first came to the NBA from France as a 19-year-old point guard. That subject came up after Parker led the Spurs to a win in Game 1.

''Are you related to Tony? Are you concerned I treated him badly? You seem very concerned about Tony's treatment,'' Popovich said. ''Tony makes $900 million a year. ... He's fine.''

THE CONFOUNDED POP: After Parker was injured in Game 3, one reporter wondered if Popovich would ''mail in'' Game 4 by resting Parker in hopes of having him at full strength for Games 5, 6 and 7.

''I have to tell you that phrase 'mail in Game 4,' it confuses my whole brain,'' he said. ''I don't think I can think past that comment. I would like to help you, but I don't know how to help you.''

fucking. love. POPPOVICH.
Nets 2022

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

stupidregister wrote:LOL Mike Miller's face.

They been sayin that since before the dunk tho

PEACE

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

face!
moved by duck muscles

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

RZN, do you read?

PEACE

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

I don't understand what a charge is anymore.

Duncan wanting that MVP tonight.

EDIT: I fucking hate Shane Battier. Everything about him. From his stupid head ridges to his stupid French last name to his stupid praise for being so great at taking charges.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

Should have been a foul, Neal was already going up when Battier was sliding over.

Pronay

Post by Pronay »

Lol love that final play

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

God Splitter is horrible. He's just one clumsy fuck-up after another.

And why aren't they attacking Wade? He's a shitty defender to begin with now he's out there hobbling around? Fucking abuse him.

And put Duncan in already goddammit.