The 2015-16 NBA Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Re: The 2015-16 NBA Thread

Post by capable_keL »

naturalborn103 wrote:Towns >>> Wiggins
By a significant margin. He has better rookie numbers than Duncan & Shaq
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

gusty wingers

Post by gusty wingers »

I have been watching basketball long enough to know that LAC doesn't have the heart or toughness to make it through to a championship. They fold every year in the most disgusting fashion. They flat out collapse. No fortitude. No toughness. No rings.
Bury me with the Sergio Tacchini on

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

aye, Gusty Wigers:

can you cite a reason, besides your years of watching hoops, that supports why the Clippers will "fold" in 2016?

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

^You played devils advocate cause we all know the clips ain't winning shit this year.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Blockhead wrote:^You played devils advocate cause we all know the clips ain't winning shit this year.
absolutely. But I want to hear why..

back to real NBA news, do you think Wiggins will be in the class of these 3 guys?

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

capable_keL wrote:
Blockhead wrote:^You played devils advocate cause we all know the clips ain't winning shit this year.
absolutely. But I want to hear why..

back to real NBA news, do you think Wiggins will be in the class of these 3 guys?
I like wiggins a lot, and we all know he can and probably will become an elite scorer in the NBA. However, the problem is all he basically does is score. He needs to work on the rest of his game...

CarlosDelgothoes

Post by CarlosDelgothoes »

Wiggins kinda reminds of TMac his 2/3 year in Toronto. Hyper athletic lengthy scorer who looks incredible in a highlight package. Then you watch them play and you realize they haven't quite worked the game out yet. Towns being there is the best thing for him. Takes the pressure off his shoulders and gives him a post to pass to. More importantly, a young team that wins together wants to stay together.

The scary thing for everyone else is that both of these guys are gonna need a double team within a few years.

gusty wingers

Post by gusty wingers »

just a team that lacks fundamentals... soft... no heart... can't teach heart... if zbo knows you're soft then you're soft... they also don't particularly matchup well against anybody... not big enough for the bigs, not fast enough for the guards... they're a mess

as far as why do I think they will fold? they fold every year like clockwork... never fails
Last edited by gusty wingers on Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alpha

Post by alpha »

Wolves are gonna be scary good sooner than later. They need to get a good coach tho. Luke Walton?

gusty wingers

Post by gusty wingers »

only things in life that are guaranteed is death, taxes, and the clippers collapsing

alpha

Post by alpha »

Dubs need to win tonight to send a message against San Antonio and to break their home winning streak.

gusty wingers

Post by gusty wingers »

message sent

binary

Post by binary »

gusty wingers wrote:message sent

It was a great game and a great win, but Pop is resting Diaw for a reason. He knows the dubs have a ton of trouble with him. It should still be a really fun playoff series.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

alpha wrote:Wolves are gonna be scary good sooner than later. They need to get a good coach tho. Luke Walton?
Izzo?
Thibs?
KG?

binary

Post by binary »

capable_keL wrote:
alpha wrote:Wolves are gonna be scary good sooner than later. They need to get a good coach tho. Luke Walton?
Izzo?
Thibs?
KG?

They need to pursue Walton with the quickness.

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

Gusty probably put his life savings up for the Spurs/Clippers series last year and now lives in a box, why o why couldn't the almighty spurs knock out the clippers last year?
UBM CD COMING SOON

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

I don't want to go back and dig up your quotes about the 2011 Mavs having 0 chance in the playoff thread, but just know you were saying similar things about that rag tag bunch.
UBM CD COMING SOON

alpha

Post by alpha »

Barea has more heart than this current clippers team combined.

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

alpha wrote:Barea has more heart than this current clippers team combined.
cp3 has more heart than your mancrush draymond, we saw sullinger bully that boy around, time for the blake to engage.
UBM CD COMING SOON

alpha

Post by alpha »

Lol you're reaching man. Clippers are sawwwwwwwft.

binary

Post by binary »

Clippers would be a tough matchup for the dubs honestly. cp3 plays steph well, and Blake dominates Green.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

Tweak Da Leak wrote:
I don't want to go back and dig up your quotes about the 2011 Mavs having 0 chance in the playoff thread, but just know you were saying similar things about that rag tag bunch.
I definitely didn't think they had a chance (and the fact you got lucky and guessed they would win doesn't mean much, it's sports dude...no one TRULY knows shit) but they also aren't going up against POSSIBLY the best team EVER and a spurs team that is as good as it's been in a decade. The Clippers are just too soft. They lose...every year...the same way. Chris paul is their only rock. The rest of them? Not so much.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Unless you made money off of betting on them, there is no reason to brag that you "knew" the mavs would beat miami in 2011 finals.

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

#ChuckKnows

UBM CD COMING SOON

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

Do I think the Clipps can beat the Dubs or Spurs? Probably not. Do I think the Clipps have the 3rd best chance to win a chip this year after those two teams? Absolutely. Thunder and Cavs are the only other teams in the conversation and I think the Clipps are better than both of them, especially when you factor in coaching.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

unclebengi wrote:Do I think the Clipps can beat the Dubs or Spurs? Probably not. Do I think the Clipps have the 3rd best chance to win a chip this year after those two teams? Absolutely. Thunder and Cavs are the only other teams in the conversation and I think the Clipps are better than both of them, especially when you factor in coaching.
Clips are not better than okc.

Not sure if they're better than the cavs or not, that's a very close call.

alpha

Post by alpha »

73-9

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

So, tweak, if the Clips lose in the second round , do I gain soothsayer status or do you still retain that from , like, 4 years ago for that one thing you got right?

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

GUCCI CONDOMS wrote:
unclebengi wrote:Do I think the Clipps can beat the Dubs or Spurs? Probably not. Do I think the Clipps have the 3rd best chance to win a chip this year after those two teams? Absolutely. Thunder and Cavs are the only other teams in the conversation and I think the Clipps are better than both of them, especially when you factor in coaching.
Clips are not better than okc.

Not sure if they're better than the cavs or not, that's a very close call.
The Clipps are better than OKC. OKC plays no defense and is still horribly coached. Still can't run a legit offense in crunch time. They don't have a shot at winning shit. One thing is for sure, they will play exciting basketball and lose several close games in whichever round they lose.

The Clipps were banged up all year and OKC was healthy all year and look at their records.

As for the Cavs, I expect them to lose to either the Raps, Hawks, or even the Celtics. They are trash besides Bron.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

alpha wrote:73-9
Historic night. One of Michael Jordan's signature records is on the line. We're lucky we get to witness this