NFL Offseason Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Tyrell Sutton is the future.
Desmond Bishop = CHECK MATE!

Nl5H

Post by Nl5H »

49ers played pretty well on the defense end against the Broncos (even though that wasn't really hard to do)....the offensive line scares the crap out of me. even still. shaun hill to vernon davis a few times was a bit reassuring.

jazztomovethatass

Post by jazztomovethatass »

damn, darren mcfadden can catch speed.

HomeSkillet

Post by HomeSkillet »

^^ yeah he's scary fast

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Harrell fears that his career might be over
Posted by Mike Florio on August 17, 2009 7:31 PM ET

Packers defensive lineman Justin Harrell, a first-round pick in the 2007 draft, continues to struggle with a bulging disk in his back.

Though he said he was healthy in May, the situation flared up in training camp, and he hasn't practiced since August 6.

"Most definitely," Harrell said Monday regarding the possibility that he will never be the same, per Tom Pelissero of the Green Bay Press-Gazette. "Anytime you have back surgery, it's always a red flag, and then having two in one year. It's one of those things, man -- you're trying to fight through it and trying to fight through it, and . . . .

"Hey, I don't want to think about that right now, because hopefully, that's [not going to happen]. But it's definitely in my mind."

Per Pelissero, the Packers are trying to come up with a new treatment plan, but it's not making Harrell feel any better.

"It's probably been the worst week of my life," Harrell said. "Of anything I've been through, all the injuries and things like that -- this is definitely the toughest. You get up so high and you're feeling good, and just like that, I'm back to where I was before."

Harrell was the 16th overall pick in 2007. Fortunately for the Packers, there's no clear-cut standout who was picked after him in round one.

:sad:
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

Big Breeze

Post by Big Breeze »

I'M WATCHIN SPORTSCENTER AND FIRST TAKE RIGHT NOW AND THEY ARE REPORTIN THAT BITCH ASS BRETT FAVRE IS ABOUT TO SIGN WITH THE VIKES TODAY. HE'S ON A PLANE TO ST. PAUL SUPPOSEDLY AS I TYPE THIS SHIT.

HOPE HE GETS HURT REAL BAD AND ENDS HIS CONSECUTIVE GAME STREAK. FAGGOT.

Mo Cheeks

Post by Mo Cheeks »

ROFL WTF

HomeSkillet

Post by HomeSkillet »

C.J., West Chester

04:05 PM ET

Hey Warren! The Eagles were a super bowl contender BEFORE Vick, so what does that mean now? I'm thinking Patriots-Eagles Super Bowl this year, your thoughts? Thanks man
Warren Sapp, NFL Network

Patriots? Yes. Eagles? Fifth on my list of the NFC teams. I have Minnesota, Washington, Atlanta and Cardinals.

HomeSkillet

Post by HomeSkillet »

Look at this :lol:

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

that is dope as hell, i am really pumped for the skins this year.

an-also

Post by an-also »

keL wrote:Harrell fears that his career might be over
Posted by Mike Florio on August 17, 2009 7:31 PM ET

Packers defensive lineman Justin Harrell, a first-round pick in the 2007 draft, continues to struggle with a bulging disk in his back.

Though he said he was healthy in May, the situation flared up in training camp, and he hasn't practiced since August 6.

"Most definitely," Harrell said Monday regarding the possibility that he will never be the same, per Tom Pelissero of the Green Bay Press-Gazette. "Anytime you have back surgery, it's always a red flag, and then having two in one year. It's one of those things, man -- you're trying to fight through it and trying to fight through it, and . . . .

"Hey, I don't want to think about that right now, because hopefully, that's [not going to happen]. But it's definitely in my mind."

Per Pelissero, the Packers are trying to come up with a new treatment plan, but it's not making Harrell feel any better.

"It's probably been the worst week of my life," Harrell said. "Of anything I've been through, all the injuries and things like that -- this is definitely the toughest. You get up so high and you're feeling good, and just like that, I'm back to where I was before."

Harrell was the 16th overall pick in 2007. Fortunately for the Packers, there's no clear-cut standout who was picked after him in round one.

:sad:
What a terrible pick that turned out to be. Reggie Nelson would have been great pick instead

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

an-also wrote: What a terrible pick that turned out to be. Reggie Nelson would have been great pick instead
it was a bad time and place to draft, look at the guys after him and you can't be mad at the pack.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

weak, another game where clay matthews is out

Lingering injuries will keep Jeremy Thompson and rookie Clay Matthews, who opened camp competing for the starting spot, from playing in a preseason game for the second straight week. McCarthy ruled them out for Saturday's home game against Buffalo.

The hamstring can be inhibited by stiffness in the hips or dysfunction in the lumbar spine or SI joints...

i hope his hips arent too stiff to cover greg olsen

============================

your boy ocho cinco kicks the game winner. awesome

jazztomovethatass

Post by jazztomovethatass »

chad johnson brings flava to the game.
raiders will rip shit this year, especially their division.

HomeSkillet

Post by HomeSkillet »

marko mitchell looks aight at WR

Spiccoli

Post by Spiccoli »

jazztomovethatass wrote:
raiders will rip shit this year, especially their division.
hilarious.

Mike BLAOWery

Post by Mike BLAOWery »

keL wrote:
an-also wrote: What a terrible pick that turned out to be. Reggie Nelson would have been great pick instead
it was a bad time and place to draft, look at the guys after him and you can't be mad at the pack.
what?

reggie nelson, michael griffin, aaron ross, dwyane bowe, jon beason, greg olsen, and anthony gonzalez are all ballers.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Mike BLAOWery wrote:
keL wrote:
what?

reggie nelson, michael griffin, aaron ross, dwyane bowe, jon beason, greg olsen, and anthony gonzalez are all ballers.
the pack were taking a DT with that pick no matter what. I dont want to rip the pack for drafting harrell. classic example of draftiong for need instead of BPA

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

my condolences roy

08/24/2009 08:11 AM
THE NEWS
The Chicago Sun-Times is reporting that Bears' defensive tackle Dusty Dvoracek will miss the entire 2009 season with a torn ACL. This is the fourth straight year Dvoracek has suffered a season-ending injury.

i guess we'll never see dvoracek play

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

keL wrote:my condolences roy

08/24/2009 08:11 AM
THE NEWS
The Chicago Sun-Times is reporting that Bears' defensive tackle Dusty Dvoracek will miss the entire 2009 season with a torn ACL. This is the fourth straight year Dvoracek has suffered a season-ending injury.

i guess we'll never see dvoracek play
:owens:
Tweak Da Leak wrote:My nigga Poppabitch fucks with the swine?

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

man finally our d is looking better but damn does out oline look like shit

clary shit, vazquez looked like shit, man I have nightmares about rivers trying to run away from teh sack or just throwin iut away cus he has n otime
UBM CD COMING SOON

Joe Pesci

Post by Joe Pesci »

Missed the Rams game due to work but tonight I get to see THE DIRTY SANCHEZג„¢ play in a Jets uniform for the first time.

I'm giddy :face:

Mike BLAOWery

Post by Mike BLAOWery »

Joe Pesci wrote:Missed the Rams game due to work but tonight I get to see THE DIRTY SANCHEZג„¢ play in a Jets uniform for the first time.

I'm giddy :face:
that's the worst nickname ever.

Joe Pesci

Post by Joe Pesci »

precisely

an-also

Post by an-also »

Dom Capers is making the packers D look beastly right now. hopefully it'll carry over into the reg season. Bob Sanders truly was the worst D.Coordinator in the league. Raji was beasting on his few plays last game.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

an-also wrote:Dom Capers is making the packers D look beastly right now. hopefully it'll carry over into the reg season. Bob Sanders truly was the worst D.Coordinator in the league. Raji was beasting on his few plays last game.
cant deny the 'ole 34 looked solid..again

raji looks like he could swallow peterson..the push he gets is :ohsh: and it looks like he aint even tryin

must be nice, lil buddy....must be nice

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Vanilla Swirl Motherfuckers.

O-Line is looking shockingly good too.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

In 2 preseason games Troy Williamson is leading the league in receiving yards.

HomeSkillet

Post by HomeSkillet »

keL wrote:In 2 preseason games Troy Williamson is leading the league in receiving yards.
About how many quarters do you think he has played?

Brian Orakpo D.R.O.Y. - and that ain't just more of my homersauce.

Mike BLAOWery

Post by Mike BLAOWery »

Orakpo has been fucking beastly so far in the preseason.