OFFICIAL NBA 2010-2011 THREAD

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

lol, here come the heat to prove my theory.

Escobar305

Post by Escobar305 »

Spo smartened up. Lebron at the point >>>>>>

Sumthin_Funky

Post by Sumthin_Funky »

Look what happened right when Pierce entered the game.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Get Semih on the floor!!!!!

Gregg Popabitch

Miami's defense is sooooo bad lol

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Ummmmmmmmm...

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Oh yeah. Jesus Shuttlesworth and shit.

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

No matter how many he hits, Jesus Shuttleworth never ceases to amaze me.
Last edited by Tired & Broke on Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Big Breeze

Post by Big Breeze »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:lol, here come the heat to prove my theory.
Even Steve Kerr is talking shit about Bosh and James not having a post game. Those two are going to be the biggest candidates to learn the nuances of the inside post game, when it should already be apart of their repertoires.

Gregg Popabitch

Big Breeze wrote:Those two are going to be the biggest candidates to learn the nuances of the inside post game, when it should already be apart of their repertoires.
this is actually something i agree with

Big Breeze

Post by Big Breeze »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:lol, horace grant is an inside post presence? Try to tell me that. I need a good laugh. Jordan wasn't really playing the post like that in the early 90's. Maybe it was cartwright or perdue!

Rasheed chucking 3s is your low post presence? or maybe mehmut okur? no, gotta be ben wallace!!! Rasheed did play more in the post that year then in the years previous and the years after but even then, he was the third option in that offense.

If you want to keep it in the past 16 years, let's look at the runner ups. Cavs had a huge post presence! Do you want to count Dirk as a low post presence? slippery slope. How about the Nets? Kenyon martin was not a post player. He was a face up penetrator and got half his points of cuts.
I went back 16 years on championship teams and as you know that starts with the 1994 Houston Rocket team that featured Hakeem and Otis Thorpe in the low post. I don't give a fuck about runner-ups, because quite frankly, they are runner-ups.

You already answered your own concern about the 2004 Piston team because Rasheed Wallace was the biggest reason why that team won win they got him in the trade with Atlanta. Yeah he was shooting 3's and shit because of his versatility, but he was solid low post presence when he was down low. He was committed at times to playing down low and he when he did, he was on another level.

If you want to go past the 16-year stretch and include the 91-93 Bulls, Bill Cartwright, Stacey King, Cliff Livingston, Scott Williams, Horace Grant and Will Perdue all provided some type of low post offense for the Bulls. They were not a just jump shooting team, nor were they a team that lived off drives and dishes. Their low post players collectively were mostly garbage, but they had a presence to keep defenses honest which has been my point from the get go.

vermillion

Post by vermillion »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:Miami's defense is sooooo bad lol
Yeah, main thing I noticed while watching. Hard to watch such a gifted team play so shitty. Anyways here's the top 5 ish..

1. Deron Williams
2. Derrick Rose
3. Chris Paul
4. Rajon Rondo
5. Russell Westbrook

1. Kobe Bryant
2. Dwayne Wade
3. Joe Johnson
4. Brandon Roy
5. Monta Ellis

1. Kevin Durant
2. Lebron James
3. Carmello Anthony
4. Danny Granger
5. Gerald Wallace

1. Pau Gasol
2. Dirk Nowitzki
3. Tim Duncan
4. Amare Stoudemire
5. Carlos Boozer

1. Dwight Howard
2. Brook Lopez
3. Andrew Bogut
4. Joakim Noah
5. Al Jefferson

and here's my picks for the east/west coast champs ya dig

1. Lakers
2. Mavericks
3. Thunder
4. Blazers
5. Nuggets
6. Spurs
7. Jazz
8. Suns

1. Magic
2. Heat
3. Celtics
4. Bulls
5. Bucks
6. Hawks
7. Knicks
8. Wizards

Lakers>Celtics in finals. These are prob the worst predictions ever.

Gregg Popabitch

:lol:

no one can reason bill cartwright or any of the bulls centers or PFs being offensive low post presences. I credit you for trying though. I hope you were just real young during the first 3 peat because that was pretty hilarious. LOL now i definitely see why you cut it off at 16 years bwahahahahhahah.

btw, I do give a fuck about runner ups because the Celtics were a kendrick Perkins injury away from making the Lakers the runner ups. Crazy shit happens.

And i also didn't say championship teams didn't need a post presence, i said successful teams, not that it matters. but i decided to play by your rules because you like to have things your way.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

I like Rondo a lot and always ride with Cs, but I have been saying this for a long time and would much rather have Westbrook right now then him.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

eternalreflection wrote:he averaged 8.6 assists last year with a bunch of bums, now he gets some teammates and he's going to drop to 6assists? I guess he might only play 28mpg or something, but he's going to be the point guard on the team
He also wont have the ball close as much as he did last year, Wade needs ball in his hands.
The Rapping Coffin wrote:
Positive A wrote:Oh and we all already knew this, but the C's ARE DEEP AS FUCK.
Arguably their best bench player is suspended right now too (Delonte West). Danny did a great job making chicken salad out of chicken shit with the low amount of money he had to spend during the summer.

This game means nothing btw. Heat have a whole season to gel, and the Celtics may never look better than they do right now with their age and health issues.
I agree 100%, This game means nothing.. Still enjoyed watching Heat fail and Boston win though.
Philaflava wrote:do people still think the heat will only lose 10 games this year?
My gmail message is now '72 and what??'

Big Breeze

Post by Big Breeze »

Gregg Popabitch wrote::lol:

no one can reason bill cartwright or any of the bulls centers or PFs being offensive low post presences. I credit you for trying though. I hope you were just real young during the first 3 peat because that was pretty hilarious. LOL now i definitely see why you cut it off at 16 years bwahahahahhahah.

btw, I do give a fuck about runner ups because the Celtics were a kendrick Perkins injury away from making the Lakers the runner ups. Crazy shit happens.

And i also didn't say championship teams didn't need a post presence, i said successful teams, not that it matters. but i decided to play by your rules because you like to have things your way.
First of all, I believe that I'm older than you. Unless you were born in the late 70's like myself, then it would be you that was a little young to remember the first Bull 3-peat.

Second of all, if you want to dispel the fact that the Bulls collection of waste management frontcourt people didn't keep defenses honest in the low post, than you are playing yourself.

Third, I'm done for a while at least. I'm bout to fall back and watch this Laker game without any more posts for a bit. If you want to continue on, be my guest.

Hayzoos

Post by Hayzoos »

Miami Heat on their way to an 0-82 season!
Spottin fools frontin fly

http://www.last.fm/user/fopomofo

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Aaron Brooks is a fuckin' G. That dude just scores and scores.

Hayzoos

Post by Hayzoos »

The Crafty Veteran in there provin why he's a top 5 Center.

I'm gonna miss him on the Bulls so much this season.
Spottin fools frontin fly

http://www.last.fm/user/fopomofo

Sumthin_Funky

Post by Sumthin_Funky »

Damn, wtf @ Lakers D tonight! We are giving them so many good looks.

Gregg Popabitch

Big Breeze wrote:Second of all, if you want to dispel the fact that the Bulls collection of waste management frontcourt people didn't keep defenses honest in the low post, than you are playing yourself.
that's exactly what i'm saying. My neighbor has those games on tape. I've seen them multiple times. Those centers weren't their for offensive production in the post. They were there for defense and fouls. That's why they had so many of them and they all played. lol. If you are as old as you say you are, you'd remember that.

Gregg Popabitch

DAmn, the lakers are getting rolled too.

djjeffresh

Post by djjeffresh »

im gonna miss doug collins as a tnt commentator

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

This Blazer/Sun 4th is going to be off the chain.

Sumthin_Funky

Post by Sumthin_Funky »

They're playing so fucking lazy. This has always been the one thing I have hated about the Lakers, that personality. They just play however hard they feel like. That's why I don't wanna pay for their games, because who the fuck knows what team is gonna show up that night. It's like they know they are best team, and they are practically guaranteed a spot in the finals, so they say fuck it. But man, it's so annoying to watch.

Credit to the Rockets though, I'm not tryna take anything away from them because they are playing very well.

Gregg Popabitch

damn, is the LA crowd taking a nap or what?

I thought this was opening night?

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Steve Nash is so fucking good its scary. At this rate, he'll be an MVP candidate when he's 40.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:damn, is the LA crowd taking a nap or what?

I thought this was opening night?
I'm sure Beebs, Khloe and the rest of the great Laker fans are updating their Twitters instead.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Positive A wrote:Steve Nash is so fucking good its scary. At this rate, he'll be an MVP candidate when he's 40.
Just ignore the 9 TO's.

Sumthin_Funky

Post by Sumthin_Funky »

STEVE BLAKE!