2013-14 NBA SEASON

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

naturalborn103

Re: 2013-14 NBA SEASON

Post by naturalborn103 »

naturalborn103 wrote:
Hayzoos wrote:Can the Wizarss finish top 6 in the East this year?
Doubt it. They have a chance of making playoffs though. I think the below 7 definitely getting into the playoffs.

Heat
Bulls
Nets
Pacers
Hawks
Pistons
Knicks

Then you got Cavs (if Bynum, Varajeo, and Irving can stay relatively healthy they are in), Raptors, and Wizards fighting for that last spot.
Who do people see Wiz finishing over on the list of 7 teams?

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Thunder aren't a shoe-in to finish as a top four team in the west. The impact of Westbrook missing 30ish games is not to be under stated.

PEACE

alpha

Post by alpha »

naturalborn103 wrote:
naturalborn103 wrote:
Hayzoos wrote:Can the Wizarss finish top 6 in the East this year?
Doubt it. They have a chance of making playoffs though. I think the below 7 definitely getting into the playoffs.

Heat
Bulls
Nets
Pacers
Hawks
Pistons
Knicks

Then you got Cavs (if Bynum, Varajeo, and Irving can stay relatively healthy they are in), Raptors, and Wizards fighting for that last spot.
Who do people see Wiz finishing over on the list of 7 teams?
the hawks?

Hayzoos

Post by Hayzoos »

Lol the Pistons aren't gonna do much this season if their bigs keep shooting all these jumpers all year
Spottin fools frontin fly

http://www.last.fm/user/fopomofo

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

I like the Hawks. Lou Williams coming back and I am not sure if Millsap is really a downgrade from Josh Smith. I also love Schroeder.

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

was there for this the other night, quite easily was the highlight
which isn't saying a whole lot
moved by duck muscles

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Dwight Howard is upset that his old No. 12 is being worn in Orlando.

Just amazing.

Hayzoos

Post by Hayzoos »

"I think I'm way more explosive now," Rose said after scoring 22 points in 22 minutes. "Like getting to the rim. I think I can take contact a little bit better. And as far as jumping-wise, I think I can jump even higher. They tested my vertical -- I increased it by 5 inches. I just didn't show it yet because there's no need to."

Rose said after his first preseason game a week and a half ago that his vertical had improved from 37 inches to 42 inches. Now, after playing in just his third game in almost a year and a half, Rose looks and sounds as confident as ever. He says any worrying about his knee is finished.

"The biggest thing is after you have an ACL or any injury, it's the mental part," Rose said. "And for me not to think about anything no more and actually be reacting to the defense and the offense, it feels great knowing that I'm safe. I don't have to worry about anything at all, even if I go to the hole and get contact and fall any type of way, that I could easily get up and bounce right back and play the way that I normally know how to play."
:bow: Can't wait for all you faggots to eat your words in a month

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

Positive A wrote:Dwight Howard is upset that his old No. 12 is being worn in Orlando.

Just amazing.
Aren't they considering retiring shaq's jersey? DIdn't Dwight do as much in Orlando as Shaq?
UBM CD COMING SOON

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Tweak Da Leak wrote:
Positive A wrote:Dwight Howard is upset that his old No. 12 is being worn in Orlando.

Just amazing.
Aren't they considering retiring shaq's jersey? DIdn't Dwight do as much in Orlando as Shaq?
Well, when D12 RETIRES and they don't hang his treasured No. 12 from the rafters, then he can whine about it then.

Until then, he shouldn't give a shit.

Kid That's Lifeless

Post by Kid That's Lifeless »

Hayzoos wrote:
"I think I'm way more explosive now," Rose said after scoring 22 points in 22 minutes. "Like getting to the rim. I think I can take contact a little bit better. And as far as jumping-wise, I think I can jump even higher. They tested my vertical -- I increased it by 5 inches. I just didn't show it yet because there's no need to."

Rose said after his first preseason game a week and a half ago that his vertical had improved from 37 inches to 42 inches. Now, after playing in just his third game in almost a year and a half, Rose looks and sounds as confident as ever. He says any worrying about his knee is finished.

"The biggest thing is after you have an ACL or any injury, it's the mental part," Rose said. "And for me not to think about anything no more and actually be reacting to the defense and the offense, it feels great knowing that I'm safe. I don't have to worry about anything at all, even if I go to the hole and get contact and fall any type of way, that I could easily get up and bounce right back and play the way that I normally know how to play."
:bow: Can't wait for all you faggots to eat your words in a month
What you emphasized is Stock Answer #1 for every athlete returning after a serious injury. :bow: indeed

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Hayzoos has a habit of getting excited about Rose giving stock answers.

http://public.tableausoftware.com/views ... =hootsuite

Steph Curry is ridiculous.

alpha

Post by alpha »

not sure how I ever liked KG. Him and PP are such hypocrites.

http://nba.si.com/2013/10/18/kevin-garn ... &eref=sihp
“I left Boston?” Pierce said when asked of James’ comments, clearly noting he had been dealt by the Celtics and didn’t leave as a free agent.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Not really. They had a chance to compete when allen left. They clearly didn't and management wanted to blow up the team when pierce and kg left. Completely different.

Req

Post by Req »

naturalborn103 wrote:Completely different.
F.U. MOOLAH

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

By Bill Simmons and Zach Lowe on October 18, 2013

With the 2013-14 NBA season just 11 days away, Grantland's Bill Simmons and Zach Lowe decided to blow out the annual League Pass Rankings with categories and an admittedly goofy scoring system. The goal? To figure out which of this year's NBA teams had the best chance to consistently steal our attention every night as we try to watch five games at once. Both Zach and Bill awarded each NBA team between 0 and 10 points in the following five categories:

Category No. 1: Relevancy to the Playoff Picture
These teams aren't just contenders, but anyone with a chance to play in the postseason. So, Philly would be a 0 and Miami would be a 10. Really, Philly should be a minus-3, but we didn't want to make it too complicated.

Category No. 2: Stylistic/Systemic Appeal
If you're playing 80-79 games and shooting 35 percent every night, that should matter. If you're playing up-and-down games in the 110s, or putting on a defensive rotation clinic every night, or showing off big-ball lineups and small-ball lineups depending on the opponent, that should matter too. We should've called this category "Hoop Nerdgasm Potential."

Category No. 3: League Pass Experience
Here we consider the quality of announcing teams (and how often you might have to hit the mute button during their games), sideline reporters, uniform colors, the home arena's floor and, especially, the mascots. You know, all the stuff Zach obsesses over.

Category No. 4: Individual Player Appeal
If you have the likes of Durant, LeBron or Curry on your team, you're in good shape. If you're trotting out the likes of Gordon Hayward or Goran Dragic as your biggest star? You're not in good shape. If you revolve your team around Boogie Cousins? You're in good shape … with one of us.

Category No. 5: Unintentional Comedy/Irrational Affection/Personality Intangibles
An intentionally vague category that covers areas such as anything and everything relating to JaVale McGee or Boogie Cousins, Josh Smith and Brandon Jennings running high screens, LARRY SANDERS!, any and all Gary Neal heat checks, the pathetic love that a Celtics fan feels for his now-pathetic team, all CP-Blake alley-oops, every Nick Young 3 that might get him murdered by Kobe, Professor Andre Miller doing Professor Andre Miller things, any overweight player, every Greg Oden moment, every KG interview, the Rubio-Love reunion, and anything else that would cause a riot on Grantland's Triangle blog.

We scored each team on our own, then combined the scores into a bigger score. The lowest possible score? Zero. The highest possible score? 100. One of our two judges turned out to be a pathetically easy grader, to the other judge's eternal delight. Who was the Randy Jackson of the League Pass Rankings? Who finished with the best score? And did we really need 11,000 words and two parts to figure this out? Without further ado, the 2013-14 League Pass Rankings, from worst to first. Here's Part 1: http://es.pn/1i1IwJI

From lowest to highest.

Phoenix Suns: 27
Philadelphia 76ers
Toronto Raptors
Orlando Magic
Utah Jazz
Charlotte Bobcats
L.A. Lakers
Boston Celtics
Atlanta Hawks
Dallas Mavericks
Sacramento Kings
Portland Trail Blazers
Milwaukee Bucks
San Antonio Spurs
Denver Nuggets
New Orleans Pelicans
Memphis Grizzlies
Indiana Pacers
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

alpha

Post by alpha »

We already know who number 1 is...

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

alpha wrote:We already know who number 1 is...

Mo Layton. Mo Layton is #1.

PEACE

Hayzoos

Post by Hayzoos »

Bulls were number 2 :gyeah:

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

4/49 for Favors. Could be great deal for Jazz if he learns how to lower his foul rate and be consistent.

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

naturalborn103 wrote:4/49 for Favors. Could be great deal for Jazz if he learns how to lower his foul rate and be consistent.

Getting him for Deron was a lowkey really good move for each team. For as bad as Utah will be this year, they could get good fast. I think Kanter is poised to do damage this year.

PEACE

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

He might be Psycho T. But he aint crazy.

https://vine.co/v/hdtJZjIVYbw

PEACE

an-also

Post by an-also »

peanut butter wrote:He might be Psycho T. But he aint crazy.

https://vine.co/v/hdtJZjIVYbw

PEACE
:lol:

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

:rofl:

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

peanut butter wrote:
VideoKilledThe wrote:Magic is one of my favorite players of all-time, but was terrible on tv. Doris Burke will be an improvement.
The fucked up part about the ESPN studio reboot is that they traded out some of the worst characters (Magic & Wilbon) for better, more-knowledgeable personalities (Burke & Collins), but the show is still going to be a total jumbled mess because they still don't have a host.

To borrow a basketball analogy, they need a point guard running the show, like EJ does on TNT or Olbermann is doing currently on the TBS baseball playoff broadcasts. The show is dying for a polished television presence who knows how to put the talent in a position to exercise their skill. Otherwise it turns into a disjointed shouting match with a ton of fake laughter and everyone cuts eachother off, sorta like an And 1 mixtape, where everyone else is just out there trying to get their shine.

ESPN can have all the talent in the world, and its not gonna matter if there isn't any direction to it, and thats what the show is gonna struggle with until the producers get smart and put Reece Davis or Chris Fowler or someone like that on the set to run the show.

PEACE
Sounds like Sage Steele is gonna host the show. That's less than ideal, but better than nothing. With her, and Burke, that's suddenly a big female influence on the show

PEACE

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

Ugghh Sage Steele sucks. Burke actually knows basketball.

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

VideoKilledThe wrote:Ugghh Sage Steele sucks. Burke actually knows basketball.
She's just gonna host. They needed someone on that show to direct traffic, and that will be her job. She won't analyze like Burke will.

PEACE

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

It would be so great if Simmons went to TNT.

Hayzoos

Post by Hayzoos »

I'd love to see Jalen Rose replace Shaq on Inside the NBA. He's pretty much the best there is right now. His stuff on Grantland >>>>>>

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Rose is entertaining, but he doesn't give much insight into that game at all. Barkley >> everyone. He is entertaining and is able to watch and break down a game. Simmons would get destroyed on TNT, they are not letting him slide with the BS theories and bringing his book up every 30 seconds.