NFL WEEK 3

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

alpha

Re: NFL WEEK 3

Post by alpha »

To be fair, that was the concern. But if you really read into it. He's not really doing anything revolutionary on offense. It's his principals and the way he runs the team that is the difference.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

A guy with absolutely no football background goes from new Hampshire to Oregon to the NFL in 8 years. Someone needs to make a documentary on chip kelly. I wanna know how that happens...

alpha

Post by alpha »

bro you're so out your element in the sports bar. You don't even know what you're talking about. Maybe you should stay in tards and trolls.

ric

Post by ric »

re hester
dude probably had to get better as a rookie etc i mean no doubt but this dude has some bonafides for playing in space which is probably how atl is going to use him now that the spread shit is in the nfl. hands are an issue and thats clearly a problem and there probably are other problems just like there are strengths but the guy clearly has a role in an offense where if you can just get him the ball he can tear it up in the open field. how many wr screens did martz run in chi? im just guessing not many

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

alpha wrote:bro you're so out your element in the sports bar. You don't even know what you're talking about. Maybe you should stay in tards and trolls.
how am I out of my element?

alpha

Post by alpha »

Read the post again. *smh*

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

I'd disagree that Chip isn't doing anything revolutionary on offense. I mean, maybe he isn't rewriting the book, but he has easily the best offensive schemes in the NFL IMO. The game pace and sports science stuff is huge, but you still have to be a football coach. No one gets people open like Chip Kelly. They've lost Desean (who Chip gave his best year ever 1st season in his O) and haven't missed a beat. Their starting receivers are Fucking RILEY COOPER and JEREMY MACLIN. And no, Jeremy Maclin isn't good, especially after 2 serious knee injuries. In both of their first two games Foles left hundreds of yards on the field. Those same shitty receivers I mentioned earlier were running wide open all over the field because of his schemes. If Jordan Matthews can develop into a quality receiver by the end of the year this team will be a Super Bowl contender with considerably less talent than all the other potential contenders. You could make the argument that the fast pace is why people are open, which I buy to a degree, but when I've watched Eagles plays on the All 22 cam I've just seen creativity in the play design (in both the run game and the pass) that makes me smile as a football fan.

Even if Matthews is slow to develop, they'll run their O through McCoy, Sproles, and Ertz and still have a top 5 O, but once Chip really gets his guys (I'd love to see him with a more mobile QB) the sky will be the limit for his offenses.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

jesus fucking christ, it's chip kelly not bill walsh
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

an-also

Post by an-also »

capable_keL wrote:jesus fucking christ, it's chip kelly not bill walsh
:lol: :cheers:

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

capable_keL wrote:jesus fucking christ, it's chip kelly not bill walsh
Yeah, cuz that's what I said. What offensive mind in the league even comes close to Kelly right now? What exactly in my assessment did you disagree with? I know I can be prone to hyperbole, but where's the hyperbole in what I said there other than the "sky's the limit" part? I just really think what he's doing is sustainable, it's not a gimmick, and other than Shady, he's doing it with average talent.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

i was responding to Hustler Condoms mostly, chip is a good offensive mind but the NFL is about trends and schemes for a short while until others figure it out (see the read option). i'll join in the dick sucking after he sustains it for a decade like many other elite offensive gurus in the league

and he's doing it with above average talent, minimum ... but we could debate that

the point is nobody needs to scour the web for a chip kelly docudrama, my god people

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

respect, I could be wrong about him sustaining it, but there's something different (actually several things) in what he's doing than most of the recent hot offensive minds.

Also I'm not saying he doesn't have talent, but let's be realistic. Aside from the Rams, Jags, and Chiefs he has the worst set of starting WR's in the league. Shady is the best back in the league and Sproles is Sproles, but Sproles was also thought to be washed up. I love Ertz, probably my favorite young TE in the league, but he just started playing more than half the snaps this year. Foles is a middle of the road QB right now no matter what the #'s say. If that's above average talent, it's by a slim margin.

alpha

Post by alpha »

I'm kind of Chip stan. I could really break down why his offense will be sustainable if you guys wanted me to.
For the record, the eagles run the read-option A LOT. So I wouldn't say the NFl figured it out. Chip is just better at it than everyone else in the NFL.

ric

Post by ric »

@alpha
Break it down bruh
:cheers:

alpha

Post by alpha »

Watching this Oregon game. Mariota is a G. #1 QB in the draft.
@ric with the games prob dominating the thread tomorrow. I'll prb wait, but soon.

ric

Post by ric »

@alpha
Break it down in this thread after the games and the week 4 thread has been made

alpha

Post by alpha »

Sounds good bruh

ric

Post by ric »

@alpha
:cheers: I love a good break down

ric

Post by ric »

Lions be doing reverses and shit lols

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

The Teddy Bridgewater era is here

wheels

Post by wheels »

Holy shit the cowboys are terrible.

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

wheels wrote:Holy shit the cowboys are terrible.
Tony LOLmo strikes again!
Quality stitched MLB, NBA, NFL, and soccer jerseys: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FanJerseyz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

typical Alpha performance by romo

ric

Post by ric »

Deandre tho. Oh shit illegal formation. Travesty. Amazing catch

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

Dennis Pitta looked like a horse trying to gallop for the first time ever. Really sad.
Quality stitched MLB, NBA, NFL, and soccer jerseys: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FanJerseyz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

Damnit Pitta...

On another note the Jaguars are fucking atrocious

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Some terrible time management by Pats end of 1st half.

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

Well, that didn't take long for Jordan Matthews to turn into a serious weapon.

#Chip

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

Lol Cowboys are on the Rams level

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Phil Rivers tho

sexy QB play... what a G tho