***NFC North Thread***

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Re: NFC North Thread

Post by capable_keL »

christian ponder has more passing yards than jay cutler
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

who heard cutler on the wobble show? homie was quit smug and had be rolling

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Week 3 Official QB Rankings

1. Ponder
2. Gay Rod
3. Stafford
4. Jay Cut

the best division in footbal

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Minnesota has the best player (harvin), best running back, best young quarterback ect..

soon we'll have the best stadium

Dallas firm chosen to design Viking Stadium

http://www.startribune.com/local/171776421.html?refer=y

After two days of face-to-face interviews and weeks scrutinizing renderings and portfolios, the Minnesota Vikings finally have their architect.

A nearly two-month search for the firm that will design the new $975 million Vikings stadium ended Friday morning when the team and the public board overseeing construction of the project selected HKS Inc. of Dallas, which recently designed new NFL stadiums for the Dallas Cowboys and Indianapolis Colts.

"I Promise we won't let you down," said Mark Williams of HKS. "A few years from now, when we walk in there, it's going to be an absolutely incredible experience that will change people's lives in this state."
The decision was announced at an 8 a.m. meeting of the Minnesota Sports Facilities Authority, which is working with the Vikings on developing the multi-purpose downtown Minneapolis stadium.

The firm, which was one of five from around the country to bid for the job, will be paid $34 million. All those competing for the work have extensive experience building sports arenas and stadiums.

Other companies that submitted proposals were:

• Ewing Cole, a Philadelphia-based firm that drew plans for the $1.6 billion MetLife Stadium, home of the New York Giants and Jets.

• HNTB Corp. of Kansas City, architect for the $1.2 billion stadium in Santa Clara, Calif., that is now being built for the NFL's San Francisco 49ers.

• AECOM, a Los Angeles firm that designed CenturyLink Field, the 67,000-seat home of the NFL's Seattle Seahawks.

• Populous, a Kansas City-based architect formerly known as HOK Sport. Populous designed the Twins' Target Field, Xcel Energy Center in St. Paul, home to the Minnesota Wild, and TCF Bank Stadium, home of the University of Minnesota football team. The firm also has been the lead architect on more than a dozen Major League Baseball stadiums, including Baltimore's Camden Yards, a groundbreaking project that set the stage for a new era of 'retro' design ballparks, and Pittsburgh's PNC Park.

The firms showed off their previous work and portfolios to the public earlier this month at the Metrodome.

"Any of these five firms can get the job done," Ted Mondale, executive director of the Minnesota Sports Facilities Authority said at the time.

Groundbreaking for the stadium, which could feature a retractable roof, wall or window, is tentatively planned for next summer. The Vikings hope to open the facility, located on and around the current Metrodome site, in time for the 2016 NFL season.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

i understand and also & dunn-leavey being surprisingly MIA

but i'd like roy to try and convince me anything bear-related

an-also

Post by an-also »

capable_keL wrote:i understand and also & dunn-leavey being surprisingly MIA
We fucking suck bro!

I cant believe the vikes are 4-1.
:jazcas:

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

Good times. :cheers:

Cutler's stat line still looks mad pedestrian because of the beating that he took in Green Bay, but things are headed in the right direction. His TD/INT ratio is now even at 7:7.

The Bears play the Vikings on November 25 and December 9. Twice in three weeks - that's gonna be fucking crazy.
Tweak Da Leak wrote:My nigga Poppabitch fucks with the swine?

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

an-also wrote:
capable_keL wrote:i understand and also & dunn-leavey being surprisingly MIA
We fucking suck bro!

I cant believe the vikes are 4-1.
:jazcas:

you dont suck. you cant run. and the offense is out of sync

i'm watching the colts game right now, and dom capers defense is barely recognizable. its weird

the vikings had the worst pass defense i ever saw last year. add harrison smith, josh robinson, jasper brinkly and mistril raymond (hurt) and we are the best defense in the north

all due respect to peanut and briggs

but the vikings defense is better

like said... its all weird

an-also

Post by an-also »

Most of the division games are late in the season. They should matter unless the pack keep playing like poo till then.

JJ Watt is going to eat us alive next week.

#goRaptors

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

PFF Rankings:

Passing Offense
10. Chicago 13.8
14. Minnesota 10.1
20. Detroit 4.9
24. Green Bay 1.4

Rushing Offense
8. Chicago 4.3
9. Green Bay 4.3
11. Minnesota 3.1
18. Detroit -1.2

Pass Blocking
1. Detroit 24.2
7. Green Bay 13.9
11. Minnesota 8.1
26. Chicago -5.6

Run Blocking
2. Chicago 20.1
14. Minnesota 1.6
20. Green Bay -3.2
26. Detroit -9.6

Penalty Avoidance
3. Minnesota 6.9
5. Detroit 5.6
15. Green Bay 1.0
28. Chicago -5.3

Overall Offense
8. Minnesota 29.8
10. Chicago 27.3
12. Detroit 23.9
15. Green Bay 11.5

Pass Rush
12. Minnesota 3.8
17. Chicago -1.9
24. Green Bay -6.6
25. Detroit -6.7

Pass Coverage
1. Chicago 19.4
3. Green Bay 17.8
7. Minnesota 12.0
24. Detroit -4.9

Run Defense
5. Minnesota 30.1
13. Green Bay 9.5
21. Chicago -0.8
31. Detroit -23.3

Penalty Avoidance
5. Chicago 2.8
27. Minnesota -3.7
31. Green Bay -7.4
32. Detroit -8.8

Overall Defense
3. Minnesota 42.2
11. Chicago 19.5
14. Green Bay 13.3
31. Detroit -43.7

Special Teams
6. Chicago 19.6
8. Minnesota 19.4
11. Green Bay 15.8
19. Detroit 10.9

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

WR Missed Tackles
1. Percy Harvin 14
2. Steve Smith 9
3. Davone Bess 7
4. Demaryius Thomas 6
5. Julio Cruz 6

Harvin is on pace to obliterate whatever the record is. 14 MT would have led the NFL in 2010.

QB Rankings
9. Aaron Rodgers 11.2
11. Jay Cutler 7.4
16. Mathew Stafford 4.9
23. Christian Ponder 0.8

Ponder is in Gabbert/Vick/Newton/Sanchez territory on PFF. His official QB rating is 10th in the NFL at 95.5.

RB Rankings
1. Adrian Peterson 7.5
17. Matt Forte 2.1
25. Kevin Smith 0.7
27. Cedric Benson 0.3
29. Michael Bush 0.3
30. Mikel Leshoure 0.2
40. Toby Gerhart -2.9

Peterson is also ranked at #5 in the NFL right now in pass blocking. He was dead last in 2010, and his rating was negative (although not completely horrid) last season.

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

Cornerback Rankings
2. Antoine Winfield 8.7
6. Tim Jennings 7.7
7. Casey Heyward 6.6
12. Tramon Williams 5.6
13. Charles Tillman 5.3
14. Chris Houston 4.9
23. Sam Shields 2.9
29. DJ Moore 2.0
37. Chris Cook 0.7
68. Josh Robinson -1.9
86. Jacob Lacey -4.3
89. Dwight Bentley -4.8

Safety Rankings
5. Harrison Smith 6.5
11. Jerron McMillion 4.7
16. Jamarca Sanford 4.0
20. Major Wright 3.2
40. Chris Conte 0.7
41. Morgan Burnett 0.6
43. Charles Woodson 0.4
58. Mistral Raymond -2.3
61. John Wendling -3.6
69. Erik Coleman -6.0

Hey Kel, who the fuck names their kid Mistrial?

Check out Harrison Smith. What a story. :cheers:

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

hey roy where do you find these PFF stats? Can you give me some for the Chargers if its private?
UBM CD COMING SOON

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

Tweak Da Leak wrote:hey roy where do you find these PFF stats? Can you give me some for the Chargers if its private?
There's an annual charge of $30 for the PFF stats.

Chargers Rankings
Passing Offense: 8
Rushing Offense: 28
Pass Blocking: 22
Run Blocking: 21
Penalty Avoidance: 8
Overall Offense: 17
Pass Rush: 21
Pass Coverage: 22
Run Defense: 14
Penalty Avoidance: 25
Overall Defense: 20
Special Teams: 10

Rivers is the 18th ranked QB, sandwiched between Tannehill and Kolb.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

phenomenal post, roy.

when the vikes moved up to take Harrison Smith late in the first round i was pissed. not just cuz he's a white DB in the first round, he was from notre dame... and ugh, the vikings have never drafted defensive backs well, especially early in the draft

Harrison plays the run, pass, and knocks the shit out of people. you'll be a fan once you see him play

i didn't want kalil, (who looks like he'll block 20 kicks and have a bust in canton), i wanted the corner claiborne dallas got, or justin blackmon (looks meh)

i have a lot of respect and fear the chicago bears

we'll see how it plays out, fun to at least be competitive much less dominate

:cas:

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

this story got my head spinning like, WTF
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- A suburban Chicago man in Jacksonville for the Chicago Bears game was stabbed to death inside a local bar early Sunday morning.

William Christopher Pettry, 42, of Lake Villa, Ill., was stabbed at Fionn MacCool's, an Irish restaurant and bar, at the Jacksonville Landing area, and later pronounced dead, according to a news release from the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office. Jacksonville resident Matthew Hinson, 28, was arrested for the crime.

According to the release, the investigation revealed Pettry was in town for the game and "was involved in a disturbance with two other subjects inside of the restaurant. During the incident, Mr. Pettry was stabbed by one of the subjects and was later pronounced deceased."

Hinson was found at the scene, detained and charged with the crime.

The victim's wife, Karen Hunt Pettry, posted about her husband's death on her Facebook page Sunday:

"Today my husband William Christopher Pettry (Most of you only know him by Chris) was taken from his family way to early. Some idiot has taken his life. Im so mad, just don't understand why, very lost right now. Please hug the ones you love because you never know if tomorrow you will have that chance."

Police say the investigation is ongoing and there will be a press conference Monday at the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office.

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

capable_keL wrote:Harrison plays the run, pass, and knocks the shit out of people. you'll be a fan once you see him play
He looked awesome against the Lions. Calvin Johnson was shook.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Roy Johnson wrote:
capable_keL wrote:Harrison plays the run, pass, and knocks the shit out of people. you'll be a fan once you see him play
He looked awesome against the Lions. Calvin Johnson was shook.
we call him killa hayseed

against the titans, some ref tried to move him away from a fight, white boy harrison thru the ref off of him and got ejected from the game. THEN, his former teammate Blanton (played next to smith at notre dame) came in and looked great

all we do is draft NFL ready talent and dominate with kids

:copy:

:jerk:

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

SHANNON SHARPE:

On The NFL Today, Sharpe engaged with Boomer Esiason in a discussion about the problems facing the Packers and unleashed this mind-boggling analysis...

"I think they have some deeper issues, but let's get to the surface issues right now. They can't run the football, so that puts a lot of pressure on Aaron Rodgers and that poor offensive line. Aaron Rodgers doesn't always do a great job of getting rid of the football on rhythm. So now he's taking some unnecessary sacks. But what I see is a lot of finger pointing by Aaron Rodgers. I don't really know Aaron Rodgers, haven't been around him. But he strikes me as a guy that, it's always someone else's fault other than his own. I'm not so sure, I'm not so sure, that deep down inside, how well his receiving corps really likes Aaron Rodgers."

"I tell you what else, just because you're a great quarterback and an MVP quarterback that doesn't make you a great person. There is a difference between the two."

CRIS CARTER:

Cris Carter of ESPN's "Sunday NFL Countdown" offered his take of the Finley-Rodgers relationship.

"You can only say certain things about the quarterback," Carter said. "There is always an element of truth to it. When he talks about the lack of chemistry between him and Aaron Rodgers, earlier in the season his agent tweeted something about Aaron Rodgers . . . the record is one thing, but these things fester in the locker room. They can start to show themselves, especially when you don't have the type of season you expect."

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

http://www.thebiglead.com/index.php/201 ... ng-nfl-qb/

Samantha Steele, an ESPN college football sideline reporter/host, is dating Minnesota Vikings QB Christian Ponder. The 2nd year QB confirmed the relationship on twitter after a reader asked him about it, Hot Clicks revealed this morning.

Steele, 26, is considered a rising star at ESPN, and after Erin Andrews left for Fox over the summer, Steele was selected to take her spot on ESPN Gameday. Ponder, 24, is having a nice early start to the season with the Vikings, who are 4-2 and one of the surprise teams in the NFL.

PEACE

an-also

Post by an-also »

Chuck Woodson out 6 weeks with a broken collarbone. Faack. The packers seem to get more key players injured every year than any other team it feels like.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

honestly, chuck's production has fell off quite a bit. the pack's Defense is horrid but this won't be much of a factor.

MNF bitches, see if the Bears can keep it up. glad the country gets to see what real tough guy football looks like, unless they are :roper: & watching NL baseball like it means something

:teehee:

an-also

Post by an-also »

It's true that Chuck's play has fallen off, but he's still a leader out there and still very good on run support. He's like our ray lewis. The guy who everyone else on the defense follows even though their play has slipped off.

The Bears will put a hurting on the lions tonight if the lions keep playing like they way they are. Staff has regressed bigtime this year.

Oh and Godgers is back! That last td pass to Texx Cobb is one of the best passes you'll ever see.
NFC norf about to start getting interesting over the last half of the season.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

he may be your ray lewis but unlike the ravens the pack will plug in some guy we've never heard of and he'll be a playoff MVP, i've seen capers do it for years. :bunk:

the pass godgy made to cobb would make favre blush, and he got that jody nelson vibe going :white people:
... who needs greg jennings?

looks like it will be slick & muddy out there. i'm pulling for my Lions to come out and get a win

wtf happened to suh? he fell off bro

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Aaron Rodgers' 150th career TD pass. With 42 INTs, breaks Marino's NFL record of fewest INTs at time of 150th TD (69).

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

Jesus Christ, 27 fewer INTs than Dan the Man.

Tonight's game is gonna be ill. Not only will a Vikings loss help the Bears, but I also have the Vincent Jackson/Doug Martin combo in my fantasy league. They combined for damn near 50 points last week.

:roper:

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Roy Johnson wrote:Jesus Christ, 27 fewer INTs than Dan the Man.

Tonight's game is gonna be ill. Not only will a Vikings loss help the Bears, but I also have the Vincent Jackson/Doug Martin combo in my fantasy league. They combined for damn near 50 points last week.

never would have dreamed we could potentially be 6-2 halfway through the season. keL nation will be at mall of amerikkka field tonight. :cas:

i am sitting Cam and starting josh freeman. its gonna be one hell of a tilt

get ur popcorn ready norf fans

samantha steele is in the house while gay rod lives with a man!!!!!

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

Roy Johnson wrote:I also have the Vincent Jackson/Doug Martin combo in my fantasy league. They combined for damn near 50 points last week.

Eh, only 36 this week. Gotta step it up, Vince.

And yeah, Harrison Smith looks awesome.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

facts are facts. we're a JV team pretending we matter

it's a bears/packers world...i'm just :myjah: