Official NBA offseason thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Jayou Ayen

Post by Jayou Ayen »

Positive A wrote:
yahoo.com's wojnarowski wrote:Warriors have traded Corey Maggette to Bucks for Charlie Bell and Dan Gadzuric, league source confirms.
Lucky bastard, he doesn't have to wear those wal-mart ass jerseys next season.

Take it up with Gloss, you White Piece of Shit.

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

If you guys continue to act like babies, i will continue to delete and edit posts and threads and baby sit you punks.

I don't care if you are cool with me or not. I am going to treat everyone the same.

Stop trolling and instigating. and even more importantly, stop acting like a little bitch at any little thing that someone might say to you. I know it's difficult, hell it's hard for me, but a real man will not get pissed at petty insults.

sankofa, you're a cool as dude but you're provoking this guy.

big breeze, you may be a cool ass dude, but unless you take a ritalin, we may never know. you take every little thing as a diss......and part of that is your own fault because you blacked out on everyone when you first started posting here. people treat you like shit because you came in here shitty. stop or i will be a message board nazi.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Lakers consider pursuing Bell

By Adrian Wojnarowski, Yahoo! Sports 16 minutes ago

The Los Angeles Lakers and guard Raja Bell(notes) will enter free agency with a strong mutual interest to reach agreement on a deal, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Kobe Bryant(notes) has become a strong advocate for Bell, a former nemesis. After missing most of the season with surgery to repair ligaments in his non-shooting wrist, Bell is still expected to be a coveted bench player among contending teams. He could give the Lakers another strong perimeter defender and a solid outside shooting threat.

Bell, 33, was dealt to the Golden State Warriors in November as part of the Stephen Jackson(notes) trade with the Charlotte Bobcats. Bell missed all but six games last season.

Bell famously dropped Bryant with a clothesline foul in the 2006 playoffs, but the two developed a mutual respect and bond. Bell was ejected and suspended a game for the foul, and complained about Bryantג€™s tactics in the postgame news conference.

ג€œItג€™s a personal thing when someone continually hits you in the face,ג€ Bell said at the time. ג€œThatג€™s the only way I can put it. Iג€™ve been playing as hard as I can play. Iג€™ve been trying to do a good job, Iג€™ve been trying to be what my team needs me to be, and I continually get hit in my face. There doesnג€™t seem to be any boundaries or limitations for what heג€™s allowed to do to me, and at that point, I kind of lost my cool and I took it into my own hands.ג€

Bell made a league-high 205 3-pointers in the 2006-07 season for the Suns under coach Mike Dג€™Antoni, but his role changed the next season under Terry Porter and he was eventually shipped to Charlotte. Bell averaged 13 points in 45 games for the Bobcats in the 2008-09 season.

Sankofa

Post by Sankofa »

^Lakers looking to add another person Kobe doesn't like defending him to their roster.

Big Breeze

Post by Big Breeze »

This goes to natty: Your T-rex posts are played. You have never seen a pic of me and for you to bring some bogus ass shit up makes you like an ass. If you want to talk basketball we can do that, but when you make your wack ass disses and want to talk about a fictitious picture, then you got issues.

@Sankofa: Piggybacking off of another man's hype is bitchmade. Nobody was talking to you and I haven't big upped your name in any threads in the past, but you constantly be on my sack. Stay in your own lane and you won't have no problems with me.

As for Jerry Buss, 10 Championships in 31 years of ownership. Nuff said

Escobar305

Post by Escobar305 »

the dead poet wrote:lol at naturalborn already talking about how bad the lakers will be when kobe leaves. Kobe's got more years left in him than your big three. shut the fuck up already.

:rofl:

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Portland trades up
4:39PM ET
Portland Trail Blazers
Top Email

The Trail Blazers currently possess the No. 22 pick in the first round.

But they've made a move in the second round.

Tweets Matt Steinmetz of Comcast SportsNet Bay Area: "Warriors exchange second-round draft picks with Portland. Warriors get No. 44 and cash for No. 34."

Over the weekend, Brian T. Smith of The Columbian wrote that the Blazers are down to five prospects at No. 22, though those names aren't known.

If one of Portland's targets slides to the early second round, they'll have the opportunity to perhaps nab two of their five prospects.
NBA draft confidential

In April, the NCAA named John Wall a consensus All-America. In May, NBA GMs praised his all-league talent. Now, it's June and in our confidential survey of 30 likely draftees, Wall is the clear No. 1. But after we asked the obvious, our 10-question survey turned to tougher topics -- agents, scouts and workouts. That's when the players had a question: "This is anonymous, right?" Yep. After that, they dished like, well, Wall with a ball.

Who is the draft's best player?

The vast majority -- 60% -- picked Wall. Three players (10%) couldn't believe we had the audacity to inquire: "Well, of course it's John Wall." Duh. Others talked about his game: "Real good point guard who can run and lead a team." Still others seemed to just plain like him: "He's a good guy. John's not someone who is just potential." Projected top-fiver Evan Turner was the only other player named more than once, getting eight votes (26.7%).

Which NBA player do you most want to dunk on?

This one wasn't even close. LeBron and Shaq tied for second at 20%. But the winner for most desired-to-dunk-upon ... Dwight Howard, who earned 35% of the vote. Most players wanted to slam on the NBA's reigning Defensive Player of the Year. Others just wanted to slam Howard. "He bullies people," says one likely second-rounder.

Which team had the toughest workout?

One-third of respondents had Heat fatigue. As in, Pat Riley and the Miami brass hosted the toughest run (and run-again) throughs. "It's like a track workout. Everything's full-court, one-on-ones, two-on-twos, three-on-threes," says one out-of-breath early entrant. At the other end of the spectrum, 21.4% of players thanked Chicago for the league's easiest workout.

When was your first contact with an agent?

"They reach out to you on Facebook, Twitter, games -- random guys literally coming out of corners," said a player who was part of the 90% contacted before their eligibility was complete. "I was walking off my college practice floor one day, and this guy with a black leather jacket handed me his card and said to call him. It was like out of a movie."

What is more of a grind, recruiting by colleges or evaluations by NBA teams?

More than three-quarters (76.7%) went with the pros. A common sentiment? "Every time you work out for NBA teams, you're trying to show them your best," said one guard on the lottery bubble. "Coming out of high school, colleges were trying to show you their best."

What traits or skills do scouts underrate the most?

Players had 12 different answers, but No. 1 was r
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

yahoo.com's wojnarowski wrote: Quick correction: Nets and Bucks still finalizing the 2nd-round pick in Chris Douglas-Roberts deal, but one team exec. says won't be 44 now.

Big Breeze

Post by Big Breeze »

NBA off-season >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> all the rest

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

over/under on number of games before monta ellis demands a trade?
Nets 2022

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Escobar305 wrote:
the dead poet wrote:lol at naturalborn already talking about how bad the lakers will be when kobe leaves. Kobe's got more years left in him than your big three. shut the fuck up already.

:rofl:
I said they were front runners this year coming up. My point was when Kobe leaves, unless they get another great player to take his place, they will not be a great team and free agents wont be so interested in going there.
Reason wrote:over/under on number of games before monta ellis demands a trade?
I still cant believe they didnt do that deal for mayo and thabeet..

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Big Breeze wrote:You have never seen a pic of me and for you to bring some bogus ass shit up makes you like an ass. If you want to talk basketball we can do that, but when you make your wack ass disses and want to talk about a fictitious picture, then you got issues.
:rofl: at this quote coming from big breeze.

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Reason wrote:over/under on number of games before monta ellis demands a trade?
He's been on the way out the door for a while now. My only hope is that they ship him for a legitimate big. And not that I'm vying for it or anything, but, the salary numbers match up quite nicely to deal him to the Wolves for Jefferson....just sayin

PEACE

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Big Breeze wrote:NBA off-season >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> all the rest
for some of us, the offseason is better than the actual season fml

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

With George Shinn strapped for cash and in the process of trying to sell the team, winning may not be the top priority in New Orleans right now. "I'm fine with staying in New Orleans, but I want to make sure we're committed to winning," said Paul. "I don't want to rebuild. I want to win now. It's nothing personal against the city." Reading that quote and listening to World Wide Wes's posturing, it actually sounds like Paul is closer to going than staying.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

yahoo.com's wojnarowski wrote: Heat and Thunder are seriously discussing a trade sending Daequan Cook and 18th pick to OKC for 32nd, source says. More cap space for Heat.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Thunder get No. 18 pick, Cook from Heat

By Adrian Wojnarowski, Yahoo! Sports 6 minutes ago

Working to clear as much salary-cap space as possible for free agency, the Miami Heat have agreed in principle to trade Daequan Cook(notes) and the 18th overall pick to the Oklahoma City Thunder for the No. 32 selection in the draft, sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Miami had been working hard to trade out of the first round and attached Cookג€™s $2.1 million salary for next season in the deal. With the trade, the Heat wonג€™t have to guarantee a first-round contract this summer.

Oklahoma City could be targeting Virginia Commonwealth power forward Larry Sanders with the 18th pick, a league executive said.

The Rapping Coffin

Post by The Rapping Coffin »

Positive A wrote:

Working to clear as much salary-cap space as possible for free agency, the Miami Heat have agreed in principle to trade Daequan Cook(notes) and the 18th overall pick to the Oklahoma City Thunder for the No. 32 selection in the draft, sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Miami had been working hard to trade out of the first round and attached Cookג€™s $2.1 million salary for next season in the deal. With the trade, the Heat wonג€™t have to guarantee a first-round contract this summer.

Oklahoma City could be targeting Virginia Commonwealth power forward Larry Sanders with the 18th pick, a league executive said.
Damn...the Heat can really pull off the Lebron/Wade/Bosh thing now if Lebron's game.

naturalborn and tariq are gonna kill me...but let's try to work a trade with Rondo for Paul. Let Ray leave and PP opt out, and go after Lebron now or Melo in '11.

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Miami is going to go HARD for a big offseason. Good stuff.

Juan, those new Warriors unis are MUCH better than those gayblueman things they have been wearing.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Current Heat players under contract:

Bease
Chalmers
James Jones

:icedit:
Last edited by Positive A on Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gregg Popabitch

The Rapping Coffin wrote:
Positive A wrote:

Damn...the Heat can really pull off the Lebron/Wade/Bosh thing now if Lebron's game.

naturalborn and tariq are gonna kill me...but let's try to work a trade with Rondo for Paul. Let Ray leave and PP opt out, and go after Lebron now or Melo in '11.
Danny Ainge actually has the balls to pull this off.

Sankofa

Post by Sankofa »

Riley's making Kahn moves, though these should have a different result.

Exciting off-season and I'm with Kel on it being more interesting than the regular season.

CDR and Corey's offense are looking good for the Bucks. Should lighten the offensive burden for Brandon Jennings.

Tariq's Dilemma

Post by Tariq's Dilemma »

Gilbert Subpoenas wrote:
The Rapping Coffin wrote:
Positive A wrote:

Danny Ainge actually has the balls to pull this off.
You know what, I wouldn't even be mad at that. Would give us a better chance to win another ring with KG.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

yahoo.com's wojnarowski wrote:Thunder holding serious talks with Pacers to trade Eric Maynor, 18th and 21st picks for Indy's 10th pick, sources tell Y!
:killacam:

Big Breeze

Post by Big Breeze »

http://lakersblog.latimes.com/files/jor ... erview.mp3

Farmar talking about how he's probably going to move in a different direction from the squad next year. 2 fangaz cuh.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

nba.com wrote: Blazers in trade talks with Raptors, Rockets about Fernandez

By David Aldridge, for NBA.com
Posted Jun 23 2010 9:30PM

The Portland Trail Blazers continue to have discussions with several teams about reserve guard Rudy Fernandez, who has fallen out of favor with Coach Nate McMillan and has been seeking a trade for almost a year. The most serious suitors at the moment are the Toronto Raptors and Houston Rockets, with Toronto offering its first-round pick, the 13th pick overall, as part of a package.

Chicago and Washington have also expressed interest in Fernandez, 25, who was acquired from Phoenix in 2007 on Draft night and signed with Portland the following summer. The Bulls would like to move their first-round pick, 17th overall, for Fernandez. The Wizards offered guard Nick Young for Fernandez but were turned down.

Earlier reports that the Knicks were serious contenders for Fernandez were overblown.

The Blazers, as ever, have been trying to buy draft picks with owner Paul Allen's deep pockets. They moved up 10 spots in the second round earlier this week in a deal with Golden State, rising from 44th overall in the second round to 34th by giving the Warriors an unspecified amount of cash to exchange picks. Teams have been asking for up to $2 million for high second-round picks; the maximum cash amount a team can put in any transaction is $3 million.

an-also

Post by an-also »

Positive A wrote:

The Portland Trail Blazers continue to have discussions with several teams about reserve guard Rudy Fernandez, who has fallen out of favor with Coach Nate McMillan and has been seeking a trade for almost a year. The most serious suitors at the moment are the Toronto Raptors and Houston Rockets, with Toronto offering its first-round pick, the 13th pick overall, as part of a package.

Chicago and Washington have also expressed interest in Fernandez, 25, who was acquired from Phoenix in 2007 on Draft night and signed with Portland the following summer. The Bulls would like to move their first-round pick, 17th overall, for Fernandez. The Wizards offered guard Nick Young for Fernandez but were turned down.

Earlier reports that the Knicks were serious contenders for Fernandez were overblown.

The Blazers, as ever, have been trying to buy draft picks with owner Paul Allen's deep pockets. They moved up 10 spots in the second round earlier this week in a deal with Golden State, rising from 44th overall in the second round to 34th by giving the Warriors an unspecified amount of cash to exchange picks. Teams have been asking for up to $2 million for high second-round picks; the maximum cash amount a team can put in any transaction is $3 million.
:wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

Jonny

Post by Jonny »

Rudy Fernandez is a fucking baller.

Gregg Popabitch

an-also wrote:
Positive A wrote:

:wtf: :wtf: :wtf:
why would you be mad at the raptors trading for rudy? he's in a real bad situation in portland. the system sucks for his skills and he's in a role that doesn't use all his skills.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Sankofa wrote:Riley's making Kahn moves, though these should have a different result.
i just realized this was a diss

damn