Official Sports Betting Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

djm13

Post by djm13 »

VerbalTec wrote:6-7-1 on the season

I think the saints offense will wake up tonight, if they dont against Tenn. theres no hope for them at all
I'm 9-5-3 in the nfl on the season.

2-3 in college.

Really torn about tonights game. Originally loved Tennessee but I'm starting to lean towards New Orleans.

Nl5H

Post by Nl5H »

don't really bet seriously, but 0-0 right, got my first bet, $50 on Cincy vs. New England, taking the underdog.

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

Last Week: 3-2-1 Overall: 6-5-1
L.O.T.W. last week: 1-0 Overall: 1-1

My picks this week:
Green Bay -1.5 @ Minnesota
Houston -3 @ Atlanta
Dallas -13 @ St. Louis
Detroit +3 vs. Chicago
New England -7 @ Cincinnati

Lock of the Week
Tampa Bay +3 @ Carolina
[i]Styles can be applied quickly to selected text.[/i]

VerbalTec

Post by VerbalTec »

word word. Week 4 is upon us...

(lines courtesy of bodog) I like the road teams this week

Jets (-3.5) @Buffalo
Oakland (+4) @Miami
Tampa (+3) @Carolina
Brian Griese (-3) @ Detroit

Lock of the week:
Ravens (-4.5) @ Browns

it will be interesting to see how a lot of games swing this week, because of most of the lines (3,4, etc).

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

My picks this week

Select #1 : NFL Football
Green Bay Packers 9/30/2007 1:00:01 PM - (EST)
Spread -2

Mansfield Status

Post by Mansfield Status »

The Chiefs + 12
The Lions +3
Arizona +6

The bears are gonna get thumped. No Nathan Vasher, No Tommy Harris, and Griese is a hack.. Go Cardinals (as if you didnt know)

Mansfield Status

3 - 0 the Cards cover (and actually win) AGAIN.. i'm 9 - 3 on the season with one real bad loss. They should put me on tv..

Choke

Post by Choke »

Money Gripp wrote: Speaking of which - where is that Choke, dude? I expected to see him all over this thread. I know he's the #1 degenerate gambler on PF and it's been awhile since I've seen him post.

:ohsh:
haha. I'm here. I dont know why but I haven't been checking the Sports thread, and when I have I wasn't even seeing the sticky. Weird. I would've been all over it.

By the way, my record is probably 3-127 for the season so far. Give or take 30 losses. Just fucking brutal.

:lol:

All over the Eagles tonight. But I'm such an Eagles homer I'd bet them if they were playing the Pats in New England and giving up 21 points. Basically I'm the worst gambler alive.

:cheers:
General Interests: Fine herbage! Keepin it real, Jui Ryi Ki Kung-Fu (Blue belt with shuriken certification). Banging the skins with my smokin band 'TwaughtHammer'. European motocross (plan to attend Wheelie School in Vegas this summer). MILF's, MILF's, MILF's, MILF's!

Education: J.P. Wynne High School, DeVRy University data systems management... The STREETS, YO!

VerbalTec

Post by VerbalTec »

8-10-1

forgot I took oakland. stayin way off this eagles game without westbrook :wtf:

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

[quote="Philaflava"]My picks this week

Green Bay Packers 9/30/2007 1:00:01 PM - (EST)
Spread -2

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

jamrage wrote:Last Week: 3-2-1 Overall: 6-5-1
L.O.T.W. last week: 1-0 Overall: 1-1

My picks this week:
Green Bay -1.5 @ Minnesota
Houston -3 @ Atlanta
Dallas -13 @ St. Louis
Detroit +3 vs. Chicago
New England -7 @ Cincinnati

Lock of the Week
Tampa Bay +3 @ Carolina
Gyeah.

Went 5-1 (Damn Texans) this week including hitting my L.O.T.W. for the second consecutive week. I'm a genius again!

Choke

Post by Choke »

Betting like a madman. I guess I should start putting my plays for everyone to fade.

Tuesday I had Memphis -3 and the Under 60 parlayed together. Pushed on the -3 and hit the parlay. Yay, won $10.

Yesterday I put $20 on the Rockies, Red Sox, and DBacks to win outright. Nice little payout of $100

Today I went with the Phillies, Indians and Cubs. I don't know shit about Baseball so please no "OMG The Yankees are gonna kill the Indians" responses.

I also did some ridiculous 6 teamer for $5 with the Phillies and over 10 runs, Indians and under 8.5 runs, and Cubs and over 8.5 runs.

Lastly, I bet a $20 two teamer on Kentucky +3.5 and over 57 points for CFB tonight. I figure if Kentucky has a chance they're going to have to light up the scoreboard and make it a high scoring game because I don't think their defense is very good.

Yes, I bet every single day I'm alive.
General Interests: Fine herbage! Keepin it real, Jui Ryi Ki Kung-Fu (Blue belt with shuriken certification). Banging the skins with my smokin band 'TwaughtHammer'. European motocross (plan to attend Wheelie School in Vegas this summer). MILF's, MILF's, MILF's, MILF's!

Education: J.P. Wynne High School, DeVRy University data systems management... The STREETS, YO!

djm13

Post by djm13 »

Choke wrote:
Yes, I bet every single day I'm alive.
Me too

And I'm about dead even on the year. Juice is a bitch.

Mansfield Status

week 5 picks

Green Bay - 3
Denver - 1
Arizona - 3.5

keep riding the cardinal wave people.. theres plenty of room on the bandwagon

Choke

Post by Choke »

Had Utah +15 parlayed with the over 61 tonight. That was nice. Been sucking on the baseball picks though. Actually it's just the O/U on runs that's been killing me, seems like it's always the opposite of what makes sense (and that's gambling folks!)

I have a million picks for Saturday.

Here's some of my favorites

Ball State -13 against Central Michigan.

One of my favorite types of games. Ball State lost to Nebraska by a point a couple weeks ago, beat Navy and whipped Eastern Michigan the weeks before that. Destroyed Buffalo last week. One really questionable loss to open the season against Miami (OH). Central Michigan hasn't played anyone notable except for Purdue and Kansas(?) and got destroyed by both. I dont know, just looking at the schedule and results, looks like Ball State's a better team. Ball has the 14th ranked total offense(!) Central Mich the 63rd. Ball the 65th ranked overall defense, Central Michigan the 115th. I think Ball rolls here (haha @ pun)

E. Michigan +30 @ Michigan

Pissed I didn't get this earlier at 31.5. Even seen it at 29.5 some places now. I'd take anyone getting this many points against Michigan. If you need me to really explain why you haven't been paying attention this season. Just too many points against a team that's still struggling to beat anyone.

Texas +12.5 vs. Oklahoma

NO ONE AGREES WITH THIS PICK. I've heard so many people say OK is gonna kill Texas, etc etc. I agree OK is a more talented football team, but the bottom line for me: This is just too many points for this hardcore of a rivalry game between two possibly overrated teams that lost last week. Again, this was +10 earlier, and everyone's betting OK. I hope it climbs even more.

Leaning towards:

Wisconsin +3 @ Illinois (wouldn't shock me too much if Ill won this though)
Texas Tech -25 vs. Iowa State
Cincinnati +4 @ Rutgers
UNLV +5 @ Air Force (I think they win straight up)

also about 20 more but I'm embarrassed of my gambling problem.

Choke

Post by Choke »

Damn I suck.

Wisconsin doesnt cover, Ball State gets killed @ home. Michigan's about the only team I've been right about so far today.

Choke

Post by Choke »

Not liking the NFL card much. I bought a half point to get Seattle at +7 which I think has a lot of value.

Also like the Bucs +10 over the banged up Colts, the Jets +3.5 against the Giants, and the Lions +3.5 over the redskins.

Like a lot of the overs also, including the over 46 in the Detroit/Washington game, the Over 43 on the San Diego/Denver game, and the Over 48.5 in the NE/Cleveland game.

Good luck to everyone betting today.

pennsylvania jones
6th Man HOF

Post by pennsylvania jones »

chargers PK over denver
texans -5.5 over dolphins
titans -8 over falcons
49ers +3 over ravens

wildcard winner:

packers -3.5 over bears

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

not really playing too much this, just 2 games for me

Carolina Panthers 10/7/2007 1:00:01 PM - (EST)
Spread +3

VerbalTec

Post by VerbalTec »

week 5, I dont like a lot of games this week at all. but this is around the time when its starts to get difficult. i'll take:

Seattle (+6.5) @ Pitt
Miami @ Houston (-6)
Baltimore (-4) @ SF
Arizona (-4) @ Rams

Lock of the Week:
Tampa (+10) @ Indy

good luck PF degenerates

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

Last Week: 5-1 Overall: 11-6-1
L.O.T.W. last week: 1-0 Overall: 2-1

My picks this week:
Detroit +3.5 @ Washington
Baltimore -3.5 @ San Francisco
Green Bay -3 vs. Chicago
Dallas -10 vs. Buffalo
New York Giants -3.5 vs. New York Jets

Lock of the Week
Arizona -3.5 @ St. Louis

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

jamrage wrote: Lock of the Week
Arizona -3.5 @ St. Louis
:larry:

Mansfield Status

Philaflava wrote:
Arizona -3.5 @ St. Louis
Look whos ridin the wagon.. shame on you gloss.. Cardinals cover yet AGAIN..

Choke

Post by Choke »

Mansfield Status wrote:
Philaflava wrote:
Arizona -3.5 @ St. Louis
Look whos ridin the wagon.. shame on you gloss.. Cardinals cover yet AGAIN..
You sure about that?

Mansfield Status

I bought a point babes.. 2.5 for me I WIN I WIN

Choke

Post by Choke »

Not to say you're lying, but it's interesting you never mentioned it until after the fact. Then again, who would be so pathetic as to lie about something like this?

Good call.

I missed a fucking EIGHT TEAMER that I did for fun at halftime.

All 2nd half lines
Jags Pickem (PUSH)
Jags/Chiefs under 17.5 points (WIN)
Panthers +3 (WIN)
Panthers/Saints under 20.5 points (WIN)
Steelers pickem (WIN)
Steelers/Seahawks under 21 points (WIN)
Redskins +.5 (WIN)
Redskins/Lions Under 21 pts (LOSE) MOTHERFUCKING INT FOR A TD IN THE LAST MINUTE OR SO OF THE GAME FUCKED ME IN THE ASS.

$5 would have paid about $500 something after the Push on the Jags game, which was also a bullshit push from a garbage last second TD by KC.

I hate gambling. haha

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

Philaflava wrote:
Arizona -3.5 @ St. Louis
Whatever, I almost got to :larry: your :larry:. That was actually a good bet with both the Rams starting quarterback and running back out. 34-23 Arizona late in the game before the Rams threw a desperation touchdown with 13 seconds left and converted a bullshit 2 point conversion for me not to cover. I just make my picks against the Yahoo lines which close on Thursday, would have gotten a better number if I'd actually had money on it.

1-2 thusfar, still got time to right the ship.

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

Mansfield Status wrote:I bought a point babes.. 2.5 for me I WIN I WIN
That's a cover for you, but not against the true line. Arizona in fact did not cover.

Mansfield Status

I didn't find out until the game was over, I can't take credit for the purchased point. My cousin took my picks and placed his/our bets and he bought the point... BUT I doubled my bet on denver for the 1st half and i'm officially at a loss for the week... AND I broke my own rules.. fuckin chargers are on the wake up.. they're a lock next week.. watch.. I'm taking off next week.. just picks..no money

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

so if you looked at my post i just won over 120G's on the SC game last night

my lock

oh yeah