NFL Offseason Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

still illiterate

Post by still illiterate »

The falcons cut Algae Crumpler. They're a genius organization. not being weighed down with their most talented player, that team is gonna go straight to the top.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

still illiterate wrote:The falcons cut Algae Crumpler.

:ohsh:

:naswtf:
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

an-also

Post by an-also »

:lol: falcons

Orale Holmes

Post by Orale Holmes »

I actually like that move. Start from scratch through the draft and sign young FA's. In five years they may have a contender.

b0mbs_of_death

Post by b0mbs_of_death »

Orale Holmes wrote:I actually like that move. Start from scratch through the draft and sign young FA's. In five years they may have a contender.
Yeah but Crumpler was one of the few producers on that team. Than and 34 year old Warrick Dunn

an-also

Post by an-also »

Packers need to cut Franks and sign Crumpler right now!

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

an-also wrote:Packers need to cut Franks and sign Crumpler right now!
Donald lee is truth syrium

Spiccoli

Post by Spiccoli »

Orale Holmes wrote:I actually like that move. Start from scratch through the draft and sign young FA's. In five years they may have a contender.
mr. holmes speaks the truth. algnernon is soon poised to suck a lot of cap space as a player who has a penchant for dropping balls as frequently as making freakish catches. he has had some shit qb play to compliment him but needs a change of scenery. the falcons right now cant afford to pay him while searching for someone who can deliver the ball.

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Yea, I would rather have Donald Lee than Crumps right now. He is cheap as fuck and just as effective. The Pack need to let Morency go, draft Matt Forte and a big CB and go to the Super Bowl.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Vikings | Team may have interest in Collins
Sun, 17 Feb 2008 10:25:32 -0800

Jason La Canfora, of the Washington Post, reports the Minnesota Vikings may have an interest in Washington Redskins QB Todd Collins, who may become a free agent this offseason.

kffl.com

an-also

Post by an-also »

definately an upgrade over Tavaris

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

blastmaster wrote:Yea, I would rather have Donald Lee than Crumps right now. He is cheap as fuck and just as effective. The Pack need to let Morency go, draft Matt Forte and a big CB and go to the Super Bowl.

The man crush on Forte is verging on :omggay:
"Dosent russian bitches let you shit on their face?" -AxEwOuNdFiStEr-
Masked Terror #1 wrote:We were cranking Slayer on the underwater speakers the whole trip. Sharks love Slayer.
Reggie wrote:Bottom line is that if you're not making rap music because you love it and/or you've got something unique to say, that is, if rap is just your "hustle", then you're a fucking asshole.

an-also

Post by an-also »

blastmaster wrote:Yea, I would rather have Donald Lee than Crumps right now. He is cheap as fuck and just as effective. The Pack need to let Morency go, draft Matt Forte and a big CB and go to the Super Bowl.
D Lee had a break out year but imagine running the 2 TE set with Lee and Crumpler.

jazzmatazz23

Post by jazzmatazz23 »

CaPaBLe_KeL wrote:Vikings | Team may have interest in Collins
Sun, 17 Feb 2008 10:25:32 -0800

Jason La Canfora, of the Washington Post, reports the Minnesota Vikings may have an interest in Washington Redskins QB Todd Collins, who may become a free agent this offseason.

kffl.com
there we go our future is in the hands of Todd Collins. :roll:

A__TRAIN

Post by A__TRAIN »

Rumors of Eli Manning being on the Cover of Madden 09

http://deadspin.com/357406/eli-cover-boy

an-also

Post by an-also »

A__TRAIN wrote:Rumors of Eli Manning being on the Cover of Madden 09

After all the progress hes made this playoffs, hes going to go screw it up by being the madden cover

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

Post by Gregg Popabitch1 »

A__TRAIN wrote:Rumors of Eli Manning being on the Cover of Madden 09

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

even players dont want to be on the cover, the jinx is real.

Interesting:
Julius Peppers-DL- Panthers Jan. 15 - 10:11 am et

The Panthers may let DE Julius Peppers play out the final year of his contract despite his $14 million cap charge in 2008.

Despite a three-sack 2007 campaign, indications are Peppers won't settle for a deal worth less than the $72 million Dwight Freeney got. If Carolina can handle Peppers occupying 12% of the cap limit, it would make sense to let him play for a contract in 2008, then possibly franchise tag him in 2009.
Source: Gaston Gazette

His salary is $6.5 million for 2008 but his cap charge is $14 million. He sounds like good trade bait if the Panthers truly are in cap trouble and they can't get him to restructure. Although, they may be on the hook for the cap charge even if they let him go.

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

Anyone else think that the franchise tag is ruining NFL free Agency?
Masked Terror #1 wrote:We were cranking Slayer on the underwater speakers the whole trip. Sharks love Slayer.
Reggie wrote:Bottom line is that if you're not making rap music because you love it and/or you've got something unique to say, that is, if rap is just your "hustle", then you're a fucking asshole.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Prophecy wrote:Anyone else think that the franchise tag is ruining NFL free Agency?
unless you can be savvy enough to insert poision pills and steal guys who are named Hutchinson

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

CaPaBLe_KeL wrote:
Prophecy wrote:Anyone else think that the franchise tag is ruining NFL free Agency?
unless you can be savvy enough to insert poision pills and steal guys who are named Hutchinson
I just find it silly that NFL teams can use a franchise player on a different player every year if they want. I think a teams should have one designated franchise tag that stays with the player until their contract expires. If one guy is your franchise guy one off season then it seems pretty ludicrous that you can deem someone else your "franchise player" that next off season. I think the franchise tag should stay with tagged players until their contract expires or they are released/traded.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

^^ I agree, but franchising a guy puts alot of strain on a team's salary cap.

A__TRAIN

Post by A__TRAIN »

still illiterate wrote:The falcons cut Algae Crumpler.
The Titans need to sign him immediatly.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Just saw on Foxsports that Pats signed Zach Thomas ....They're also talking to sign Marty Booker.

an-also

Post by an-also »

rumors are that the iggles are interested in Asante Samuel.

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

CaPaBLe_KeL wrote:Just saw on Foxsports that Pats signed Zach Thomas ....They're also talking to sign Marty Booker.
As far as i know they offered him a contract but he elected to visit dallas and the saints before making any decision.

Nl5H

Post by Nl5H »

Prophecy wrote:
CaPaBLe_KeL wrote:Just saw on Foxsports that Pats signed Zach Thomas ....They're also talking to sign Marty Booker.
As far as i know they offered him a contract but he elected to visit dallas and the saints before making any decision.

thomas will look like a complete douche if he goes to the patriots..

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

Nl5H wrote:
Prophecy wrote:

thomas will look like a complete douche if he goes to the patriots..
If i we're any team i'd be wary of Signing Thomas who is starting to have some concussion problems. I think he has 1-2 years tops before he has to hang it up due to concussions.

A__TRAIN

Post by A__TRAIN »

as farve's career continues, aaron rodger's career continues to get :copy:

an-also

Post by an-also »

We franchised Corey Williams. Good move. Cut Bubba Franks. He was due for a big bonus. We'll miss his blocking.