The Official Boxing Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

The Aluminum Falcon

Re: The Official Boxing Thread

Post by The Aluminum Falcon »

It appears people are pretty split on who deserved the W here. I thought Canelo won it, and looked pretty impressive in doing so. Trout didn't land shit of significance, and that had a lot to do how evasive Canelo looked all night. Even on the ropes. This guy is legit.
And :ohsh: at how easy Rigondeaux made shit look too. Good mix of action and some beautiful, technical boxing this month.

Req

Post by Req »

The Aluminum Falcon wrote:It appears people are pretty split on who deserved the W here. I thought Canelo won it, and looked pretty impressive in doing so. Trout didn't land shit of significance, and that had a lot to do how evasive Canelo looked all night. Even on the ropes. This guy is legit.
Kinda that debate of number of strikes v power of strikes i suppose. I think people were more upset with the scoring. It was closer than the judging suggested. Canelo took it for me also.

Did u see the Fury fight? Of course the UK are hyping him up as legit. Either of the Klitchsckos would pummel him.
F.U. MOOLAH

HipHopInfinityRIPLOL

Post by HipHopInfinityRIPLOL »

that fury/Cunningham fight was entertaining. i'm not sure how much of fury's victory was due to the fact that cunningham is a very small heavyweight that's still kinda acclimating to the division. he still looks extremely raw and looks really sluggish at times but he's got the size advantage over anyone he faces and has some boxing skill - unlike valuev. i'd like to see someone teach him how to box upright and use his height and reach. props to cunningham for sticking around as long as he did and actually scoring a knockdown. either way, though, i would really like to see more heavy weight fights with top tier guys or at least guys ranked within the top 20 or 15 facing each other. we've seen they can put on good fights (watch huck/povetkin and chisora/haye if you haven't already).

and like req said, the scoring didn't help people's perception of that fight at all. that fight probably could have gone to either guy by one round, maybe two, and i wouldn't have an issue with that. it was a good entertaining match which is what we all hope for, ultimately, while watching a fight. canelo is really growing as a boxer and i really like how he slips punches. he does just enough to get out of the way or take away the full impact of a lot of what hits him. i was really down on him when he started getting notoriety because he hadn't really faced anyone but he gradually has proven me wrong over each successive fight. and i give major credit for both of their post fight comments. trout was just all class. i could have easily seen him bitch and moan about texas and the judging but he gave canelo his props, made 0 excuses, and was just a perfect example of how you should conduct yourself as a person. hope to see more of both of these guys in the near future.

and lastly, that donaire/riondeaux fight was really good. i think most people probably saw it as a boring fight but ringondeaux really had me entertained. he absolutely schooled the fuck out of donaire. he stayed right in the pocket with donaire for pretty much the whole fight and was just putting on a clinic on defense and counter punching. and what was even more shocking was that he was quicker than donaire. just a beautiful performance. i don't see how some people were saying that fight was close. ringondeaux won all except one round pretty definitively in my view.

i'm looking forward to yet another good weekend of matches with garcia/judah and martinez/murray. i'm picking judah over garcia and martinez over murray.

The Aluminum Falcon

Fury Cunningham was entertaining, as is almost every Fury fight. He's a trainwreck waiting to happen but I'll never miss one of the guy's fights. Also, to his credit, I think he's improved considerably since the days of uppercutting himself in the face and has good wins on his record. I hope we get to see him on NBC sports network again.
HipHopInfinityRIPLOL wrote:i'm picking judah over garcia
I don't get how people can still have faith in Zab. He was an inconsistent headcase in his prime with flashes of brilliance here and there, now he's just a shot version of that.

HipHopInfinityRIPLOL

yeah, that pick wasn't really based on how good judah is but on how unproven garcia is. i'm probably in the minority when it comes to still having faith in judah. he's not as sharp as he once was but i think he can take garcia who i'm still not really sure what he really is in terms of a boxer. i can't really be too high on garcia, outside of beating khan with a really good shot. I think that shot was partly lucky (not in the timing of the punch cause he knew exactly what he was doing but in terms of the place where it caught khan - which was really awkward and i'm not sure too many guys could have comeback from something like that). Outside of that, though, he hasn't really shown me anything that would make me think he's a great boxer like a lot of people seem to think. He's beat up on a mixture of solid but nothing fancy competition and old guys past their prime. Maybe he'll add judah to that list but i think judah still has something left in tank. I'd be higher on him, but beating up on erick morales twice really isn't doing it for me. but we'll see what happens this saturday.
:cheers:

The Aluminum Falcon

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

is that the judah presser going crazy on de la homo?
UBM CD COMING SOON

The Aluminum Falcon

Tweak Da Leak wrote:is that the judah presser going crazy on de la homo?
Yeah. I still don't know what's going on. Zab and his people were barred from being in the same room as danny and angel because the cops were called or some dumb shit. It's worth it just to see the look on Oscar's face after the debacle, beyond that it isn't very informative or entertaining.

HipHopInfinityRIPLOL

years after he's retired, people are always going to talk about how much more dope zab's career would have been if he could kept his emotions in check instead of what he did actually accomplish in the ring. it's a shame because from time to time you really see glimpses of some incredible next level shit.

on a side note, Falcon nailed it. Oscar has no control over the situation and has the look on his face to match it.

HipHopInfinityRIPLOL

well, danny garcia proved me wrong. zab just took way too late to get it going. props to garcia. and chris arreola proves again that he just doesn't take boxing seriously. i wish this guy could get in shape for one fight just to see what he can do in there. and martinez got a gift. it was a close fight, but it should gone to murray. the crowd martinez drew for that fight was awesome.

The Aluminum Falcon

Tonight

The Ivy League Nigga

Post by The Ivy League Nigga »

Anybody have streaming link of tonight's fight?

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Floyd out there dressed like the lil girl from the Blind Melon video

PEACE

The Ivy League Nigga

Thanks guys.

Req

Post by Req »

Guerrero looks exhausted. Floyd has been taggin him with that right all night.
F.U. MOOLAH

The Ivy League Nigga

Mayweather is so much better... that this fight is boring.

bbatson1

Post by bbatson1 »

PPV sparring. :fail:

The Ivy League Nigga

Broner is so much more entertaining while employing Mayweather's general style. Much rather watch that guy fight.

Req

Post by Req »

always warms my little heart when a fighter/corner whoops and hollers after a fight they clearly lost.
F.U. MOOLAH

The Aluminum Falcon

Flawless Victory

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

The Ivy League Nigga wrote:Mayweather is so much better... that this fight is boring.

craig

Post by craig »

The Ivy League Nigga wrote:Broner is so much more entertaining while employing Mayweather's general style. Much rather watch that guy fight.
For real. He could at least try to knock one of these guys out (not counting that sucker punch) for the amount of money these fights are.

BTW did anyone catch the Broner-Malignaggi press conference? They get into it over a chick. Shit is full of lols.

http://www.boxingscene.com/video-malign ... war--65162

HipHopInfinityRIPLOL

i wonder what would happen if you put broner and mayweather in the same room together. the combined weight of their egos would cause the the universe to implode on itself.

drobizhek

Post by drobizhek »

The word Broner sounds like a description of a guy that gets erections around black people.

HipHopInfinityRIPLOL

:lol:

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

Nets 2022

Kid That's Lifeless

Post by Kid That's Lifeless »

Floyd and Canelo is going down.

The Aluminum Falcon

Kid That's Lifeless wrote:Floyd and Canelo is going down.
This is going to be huge and Floyd will cement his legacy with a win against a bigger, younger, and hungry opponent in Alvarez. Will buy this ppv.