Official 2008-2009 NBA Regular Season Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Money Gripp

Post by Money Gripp »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:if the bulls give up deng, i'll be crazy surprised.
Yeah, me too.

Hayzoos

Post by Hayzoos »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:Apparently the Suns want Tyrus Thomas really badly because trade talks have intensified.
Earlier in the season I would've been 100% behind giving up Tyrus, but there's no way I want to give up the human highlight reel now. Hopefully we can come up with a package that doesn't involve Tyrus, Ben, or Kirk. Everyone else is disposable in my eyes.
Spottin fools frontin fly

http://www.last.fm/user/fopomofo

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

Post by Gregg Popabitch1 »

Hayzoos wrote:
Gregg Popabitch wrote:Apparently the Suns want Tyrus Thomas really badly because trade talks have intensified.
Earlier in the season I would've been 100% behind giving up Tyrus, but there's no way I want to give up the human highlight reel now. Hopefully we can come up with a package that doesn't involve Tyrus, Ben, or Kirk. Everyone else is disposable in my eyes.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: @ not giving up any of those 3 for AMARE FUCKING STOUDEMIRE

If I was a bulls fan or GM, anyone on my roster (to a certain extent) would be available except Derrick Rose.

This is the same jew thinking that prevented the Bulls from getting Kevin Garnett and Pau Gasol.

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

-btw, Bulls are also asking around about Camby or Kaman just in case they don't get Amare.

-San Antonio also is interested in Rasheed but have nothing really real to give up.

Hayzoos

Post by Hayzoos »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:
Hayzoos wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: @ not giving up any of those 3 for AMARE FUCKING STOUDEMIRE

If I was a bulls fan or GM, anyone on my roster (to a certain extent) would be available except Derrick Rose.

This is the same jew thinking that prevented the Bulls from getting Kevin Garnett and Pau Gasol.
Don't get me wrong, I love Amare and have been telling people for the last 2 years that we'll eventually get him, but I still have hope that we can and will land Bosh somehow. If that's the case, I would much rather have Bosh than Amare. I didn't say we can't give up those three, I just said I would like to see a deal made in which we don't have to give them up. I don't really want to break the bank on a guy with a bad attitude like him.

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

Hayzoos wrote:
Gregg Popabitch wrote:
Hayzoos wrote:

Don't get me wrong, I love Amare and have been telling people for the last 2 years that we'll eventually get him, but I still have hope that we can and will land Bosh somehow. If that's the case, I would much rather have Bosh than Amare. I didn't say we can't give up those three, I just said I would like to see a deal made in which we don't have to give them up. I don't really want to break the bank on a guy with a bad attitude like him.
WHAT

a deal without one of those three will be impossible. you have to be able to see that, right?

an Amare and Rose combination would be an elite combination for the next couple years once Rose figures out being tentative is not the way to go.

Also, going for Bosh is a good idea in theory but let's be real. The Bulls aren't the only team that will go after Bosh. Cleveland, Detroit, New York, Miami, and a couple other teams will all make plays for him as well. Also, at the end of last year, everyone thought that Amare was a top 3 PF in the NBA. On top of that, Amare's contract is up in 2010!!!!! If you still wanted Bosh, you could still go after him!!!!!!

wtf.
Last edited by Gregg Popabitch1 on Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hayzoos

Post by Hayzoos »

Tim Duncan on getting Vince Carter:
Tim Duncan wrote:"No offense to Vince, obviously he's an excellent player," Duncan said. "We'd love to have him. But to give up most of our team to add one guy, I don't think that's the way you want to go. It's a long season and we have a lot of guys who have been here a long time and understand the way we want to play. Just to insert one new piece and try to teach him in half a season the way we want to play isn't the way that we work."
Cold Bloooooooooooooded

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

Hayzoos wrote:
Tim Duncan wrote:"No offense to Vince, obviously he's an excellent player," Duncan said. "We'd love to have him. But to give up most of our team to add one guy, I don't think that's the way you want to go. It's a long season and we have a lot of guys who have been here a long time and understand the way we want to play. Just to insert one new piece and try to teach him in half a season the way we want to play isn't the way that we work."
Cold Bloooooooooooooded

i fail to see how it's cold blooded. The Spurs would have to give up 4 players to get Vince Carter. All 4 of those players are in the Spurs playing rotation: Roger Mason, Bruce Bowen, Fab Oberto, and George Hill. The Spurs would lose considerable depth.

an-also

Post by an-also »

if i were a bulls fan, i'd trade anybody and everybody but Rose for Amare. Damm, Oden injured again. I had high hopes for the guy. Can he ever be healthy.

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

Gregg Popabitch wrote:-btw, Bulls are also asking around about Camby or Kaman just in case they don't get Amare.

-San Antonio also is interested in Rasheed but have nothing really real to give up.
more NBA Trade rumors:

-Thunder are looking to acquire Tyson Chandler from the Hornets. The Hornets would get Chris Wilcox and Joe Smith (both of whom who's contract is up at end of this season) and one of the Thunder's 5 first round picks in the next 2 years.

-The Spurs aren't the only team interested in John Salmons. The Thunder are supposedly offering Joe Smith's expiring contract while the Blazers are offering Channing Frye's expiring contract.

-There are hot rumors that the Blazers have entered talks with the Nets about Vince Carter.

-There is also a rumor floating around that the Blazers are offering Raef LaFrentz's expiring contract, Travis Outlaw, and Sergio Rodriguez to the Bucks for Richard Jefferson and Luke Ridnour. I have no idea why the Blazers would do this or even think about it.

-The Knicks are offering Malik Rose's expiring contract for Brad Miller

Right now it looks like the most active teams are OKC and Portland.

Juice

Post by Juice »

Gregg Popabitch wrote: San Antonio also is interested in Rasheed but have nothing really real to give up.
Would love to see that as a Spurs fan, but like you said, they dont have anybody to trade unless they wanna give up half the team.That said I think the Spurs need something/someone to beat the Lakers, not much but something.

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

Juice wrote:
Gregg Popabitch wrote: San Antonio also is interested in Rasheed but have nothing really real to give up.
Would love to see that as a Spurs fan, but like you said, they dont have anybody to trade unless they wanna give up half the team.That said I think the Spurs need something/someone to beat the Lakers, not much but something.
they can provide expiring contracts but the thing is, rasheed's contract is one big expiring contract so they'd pretty much be giving him away to the spurs if that deal went through. no reason the pistons would do that even if the spurs added a first round pick.

ripweblo
pork

Post by ripweblo »

an-also wrote:if i were a bulls fan, i'd trade anybody and everybody but Rose for Amare. Damm, Oden injured again. I had high hopes for the guy. Can he ever be healthy.

blazers fail again, couldve had the black larry bird

as a bulls fan, thered be no hesitation giving whatever the suns want for amare, still say tyrus thomas's max potential is kenyon martin, paxson needs to get this done, i wouldnt be mad if they got kaman but i would be if they got camby

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

Post by eternalreflection »

I love the nba, no matter how awful you are, and how much you are getting paid as long as you aren't getting paid next year you are a commodity

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

an-also wrote:
Tweak Da Leak wrote: Amare/Almundson/Barnes

for

Thomas/Deng/Gooden/Heinrich
that trade does not work at all money wise
Chicago has a 6 million trade exception and can buyout most of Deng's contract to make it work.

Phoenix is still fielding offers from Det, Clev, and Port

Chi does not want to give up Ty and Deng but Sarver has insisted he will not just dump amare as a salary dump

Money Gripp

Post by Money Gripp »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:
Gregg Popabitch wrote:-btw, Bulls are also asking around about Camby or Kaman just in case they don't get Amare.

more NBA Trade rumors:

-Thunder are looking to acquire Tyson Chandler from the Hornets. The Hornets would get Chris Wilcox and Joe Smith (both of whom who's contract is up at end of this season) and one of the Thunder's 5 first round picks in the next 2 years.

-The Spurs aren't the only team interested in John Salmons. The Thunder are supposedly offering Joe Smith's expiring contract while the Blazers are offering Channing Frye's expiring contract.

-There are hot rumors that the Blazers have entered talks with the Nets about Vince Carter.

-There is also a rumor floating around that the Blazers are offering Raef LaFrentz's expiring contract, Travis Outlaw, and Sergio Rodriguez to the Bucks for Richard Jefferson and Luke Ridnour. I have no idea why the Blazers would do this or even think about it.

-The Knicks are offering Malik Rose's expiring contract for Brad Miller

Right now it looks like the most active teams are OKC and Portland.
Those are horrible trades for the Blazers. Vince Carter would be the worst fit for that team.

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

If you think Deng is getting dealt, then you guys don't understand John Paxson.

that dumbass didn't trade deng, hinrich, and a couple other pieces for Gasol or Garnett.

ripweblo
pork

Post by ripweblo »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:If you think Deng is getting dealt, then you guys don't understand John Paxson.

that dumbass didn't trade deng, hinrich, and a couple other pieces for Gasol or Garnett.
hopefully he'll learn from that and pull the trigger

if he can get this done without giving up deng and also find a team that wants hughes they should knock down the mj statue and put one of him up there

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

shit, dump an expiring contract and go get John Salmons
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

HomeSkillet

Post by HomeSkillet »

is for fun...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LBy0MmKjElA&co ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LBy0MmKjElA&co ... edded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:If you think Deng is getting dealt, then you guys don't understand John Paxson.

You forget they could of had Kobe too???

Simple Rock

Post by Simple Rock »

I love the Lakers but thought this was funny

<object id="2159" classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shoc ... on=8,0,0,0" height="394" width="448"><param value="always" name="allowscriptaccess" /><param name="movie" value="http://www.nbclosangeles.com/syndicatio ... l"/><embed src="http://www.nbclosangeles.com/syndicatio ... basketball" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" wmode="transparent" allowfullscreen="true" height="394" width="448"></embed></object>

Juice

Post by Juice »

^^ ROFL @ Morrison trying to intervene.ROFL @ Vujacic : "easy, easy, YO YO!!".Odom looks hurt though, not good.

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

Yea Cassell just got traded to Sacramento for a bag of chips and some Wal-Mart coupons.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Tired & Broke wrote:Yea Cassell just got traded to Sacramento for a bag of chips and some Wal-Mart coupons.
:rofl:

Money Gripp

Post by Money Gripp »

The Amare Stoudemire trade talk still has the Bulls among the teams most involved, but a new scenario making the rounds has the Bulls taking part in a three-team deal that would bring Toronto Raptors star Chris Bosh to Chicago. The rumored swap would send Stoudemire to Toronto and land the Phoenix Suns a package of players and draft picks from the Bulls, likely to include Drew Gooden and his expiring $7.2 million contract, Tyrus Thomas and a first-round pick.

Chicago Sun Times

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

Yall need to give up the thought of Amare going anywhere. All this speculation is for Naught.

Money Gripp

Post by Money Gripp »

Tired & Broke wrote:Yall need to give up the thought of Amare going anywhere. All this speculation is for Naught.
Did you just talk to Steve Kerr?

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

supposedly the nets and rockets are talking a t-mac for Vince Carter trade.

Money Gripp

Post by Money Gripp »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:supposedly the nets and rockets are talking a t-mac for Vince Carter trade.
Sources: Nets, Rockets talk trade
By Chad Ford
ESPN.com

The Rockets and New Jersey Nets meet on the court Tuesday night in Houston. Will they be swapping more than baskets?

The two teams have exchanged Vince Carter trade proposals over the past few days, league sources told ESPN.com Tuesday.

Currently the teams are haggling over what the Nets will get in return for Carter. Sources say the Rockets have been pushing a trade that sends Tracy McGrady to the Nets for Carter and Trenton Hassell. However, the Nets are balking at taking back McGrady's contract.

McGrady is slated to make $22 million during the 2009-10 season. However, McGrady's contract comes off the books in the summer of 2010. The deal would save the Nets roughly $21 million over the life of Carter's contract. The Nets would then have around $30 million in cap room to use in a stellar free-agent market.

Sources say the Nets are also concerned about McGrady's health. McGrady has already missed 18 games this year. The Houston Chronicle reported on Tuesday that McGrady missed Monday's practice and will not play against the Nets as he prepares to seek more opinions on his problematic left knee.

The Nets have countered with a proposal that would send Carter and Josh Boone to the Nets for a combination of Ron Artest, Shane Battier, Luther Head and Carl Landry.

The Nets proposal is both financially and talent related. The contracts of Artest and Head expire this summer, clearing around $8 million off the team's cap in the summer of 2009. Sources say the team is looking for immediate cap relief in any deal for Carter. However, management doesn't want to completely gut the team and believes that Battier and Landry could play important roles in the future.

At this point sources say that the ball is in the Rockets' court. As of Tuesday afternoon, the Rockets were still mulling over the Nets' proposal. While the Rockets have strong interest in Carter, they may be reluctant to take on the remaining two years and $37 million left on his contract if they can't move McGrady as part of the transaction. They would also lose two valuable pieces for them in Battier and Landry. Is Carter good enough to make up for their losses?

The Rockets aren't the only team the Nets have spoken with concerning Carter. The Dallas Mavericks, San Antonio Spurs and Cleveland Cavaliers have all shown interest, though it sounds like the Rockets deal has the highest probability of happening. The Rockets have been shopping McGrady hard over the past month to a number of teams but have struggled to find takers given his injury history and contract.

Chad Ford covers the NBA for ESPN Insider.